Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,096)

Showing posts 261,901 - 261,920 of304,940
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Katie, PLers don't use late term abortions in argument more than PCers use rape and incest, which account for 1% of abortions.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is the answer.
Chicky it comes down to this.. Ask your self why in a country has the mentally ill on the street.
While I am thankful that Connecticut does have a very robust healthcare system.. It is still a system hitched to the same one that makes it harder for an individual to receive help.
We need to expand and grow past this point of health care.
America when it comes to healthcare is still some 20 years behind most industrialized nations and really 10 years is probably the closet to a real national healthcare system.
What these shooters are showing is not a need for banning an assault weapons, but a need to address our healthcare in general.
Consider that Switzerland has a assault rifle for every citizen. Seriously, Google it. They learn from the time they can hold something in their hands.
Every citizen from 18 to 55 is in the military. At the same time they have a healthcare system that makes shooters like we have been having a rare event.
Banning something does not make the problem go away all the time.
It just makes the problem a little more hidden.
I say confront the issue head on. We need a real discussion in this country of just how we treat not just physically sick, but our mentally ill as well.
That is my answer, chicky.. Sorry that you would like a different one.
And Chicky I have had friends die by assault weapons on a city street. If you want to discuss this is a temp email addy
kathwynn1@yahoo.com
Kathwynn, "Ask your self why in a country has the mentally ill on the street."

I'm also asking myself why so many mentally ill people have access to internet to post on forums such as this one, posting as PCers.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
For the two percent of pregnancies terminated during this time frame, you PLM sure make it sound like it is a common occurrence.
And if you weren't able to follow along, dude was asking about terminations a day or two before the due date. That's not legal due to the concept of viability.
That's my point. Your post above has little to do with the topic being discussed. You tried hard to get an unnecessary dig in, though. Good on you, Doc. Keep your true colors bright and shiny.
Katie, "For the two percent of pregnancies terminated during this time frame, you PLM sure make it sound like it is a common occurrence."

No more than you PC make abortion for rape or incest sound like it's a common occurence, and a reason why elective abortion for any reason needs to remain legal. 1% of abortions are for rape and incest.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. That's what he was asking. And he asked if you opposed it. Not if you thought it was illegal. We all know it's illegal.
<quoted text>
We know dude! He wasn't asking about legality. He was asking why you opposed it if in fact you did not consider the fetus to be a person with any rights until birth. You cited viability.
So do you oppose it because it's illegal....or do you oppose it on principle or moral grounds ? Suppose that RVW never addressed viability ? Suppose RVW made abortion under all circumstances LEGAL at any point ? Would you oppose it at that late stage or would you not ?
<quoted text>
He's not the one that's confused here toots.
Good post and I chuckled at the "toots" at the end.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>no, you're missing it, im saying most PC on here think its OKAY to have one even right before birth b/c most of them/you dont believe its a person till birth
Why does it matter what they think when women are not and cannot have abortions the day before they deliver? You're not going to change any ones mind.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already read what you think and am not interested in reading it again... and again... and again.
I'm bored crazy with all y'alls rehashing the same old sh*t. You either know where I stand or you don't. If you don't, well, you're on your own. Nobody said you had to agree with me, but you sure act like I've never posted the same opinion over the fk over the fk over again.
It's time to move on already.
Who cares if you're bored? I don't. Move on already then, and stop posting stupidity. That way you won't have to see our posts challenging you on the stupidity you post. Listen Toots, no one's forcing you to keep reading or posting on topics you don';t know anything about. Those are your only choices here. Whether or not YOU want to read or post and about what you post.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. But I'm not the one who is trying to change laws and remove civil rights from pregnant women based on nothing but "ignorant and STUPID" opinions.
You post as if wanting the laws based on cold, hard FACTS is a bad thing.
Katie: "That's right. But I'm not the one who is trying to change laws and remove civil rights from pregnant women based on nothing but "ignorant and STUPID" opinions."

Damn good thing too. Leave that to those of us who don't base our opinions on ignorance or stupidity, but rather on knowledge and facts.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know what I based my answer on. When you're asked the hypothetical question you can give your answer. Quit having a cow over it and making a mountain out of a mole hill.
I'm just calling a spade a spade, Toots. You're the one trying to make it out like your opinion is bsed on something intelligent and factual when it's not.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was, becouse bulls blood and goats blood never took sin away, it only moved it forward, and yet even then people didn't do it, or brought sick goats that were dying anyways. Jesus walked right through many who wanted Him dead.
He WILLINGLY died on the cross for YOU.
Now I am just telling you that there is a God, and that God is Holy, and demands perfection to enter Heaven.
There is No way we can be perfect.
It has nothing to do with how many sins (small s) we have done. Noone is beyound saving.
It is about Sin (capital S) that seperates us from a Holy God.
So someone tells you how God provided a perfect sacrifice, for once and all, and tells you how it is a free gift (not by works), eph 2:8-9
Simple enough for the humble hearts of a child, but hard for big smart adults.
Thing is, you can't provide any evidence that backs up your endless bible babble.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Kathwynn, "Ask your self why in a country has the mentally ill on the street."
I'm also asking myself why so many mentally ill people have access to internet to post on forums such as this one, posting as PCers.
Do you answer yourself?
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, it's no worse then any other, not as bad as using fecesforjesus or Gods name in vain, plus the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Ghost, which is when God Himself tells you that He is real, and that Salvation draweth near, and you do more then just reject it as you do now, but you sternly back your ears and heart and tell Him you don't want anything to do with His salvation,and that is only something you and God knows.
Just in case your curious if you have ever commited this sin, then that means you haven't.
Just like I'm 100% sure I'm married.
Just like I'm 100% sure I'm saved
Those who have commited this sin are 100% sure of it, and know that there is a God, and that God will never deal with them again.
Today is the day your salvation draweth nigh.
Have you ever just been by yourself, with a pure motive and humble heart and ask the One True God to come forth, and reveil Himself to you?
He knows your Heart.
He will not turn away from a broken and contrite heart, but He resist the proud.
Its not hard to be good enough to go to Heaven (to be a child of God), it is impossible!
Except my salvation be of the Lord, then I have no salvation.
You're more arrogant than stupid, and that is saying a lot.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie, "For the two percent of pregnancies terminated during this time frame, you PLM sure make it sound like it is a common occurrence."
No more than you PC make abortion for rape or incest sound like it's a common occurence, and a reason why elective abortion for any reason needs to remain legal. 1% of abortions are for rape and incest.
That argument might work if I were the one bringing up rape and incest. Usually I am the one pointing 98% of all abortions occur during the 7-8 gestational weeks.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just calling a spade a spade, Toots. You're the one trying to make it out like your opinion is bsed on something intelligent and factual when it's not.
I based my answer on medical fact. You can take it or leave it.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "That's right. But I'm not the one who is trying to change laws and remove civil rights from pregnant women based on nothing but "ignorant and STUPID" opinions."
Damn good thing too. Leave that to those of us who don't base our opinions on ignorance or stupidity, but rather on knowledge and facts.
So you're NOT the one who wants to rename all zygotes, embryos, and fetuses BABIES? You're NOT the one who wants to remove the safe legal medical procedure of abortion from women who are experiencing an unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy? And you're NOT the one who wants to remove all medical fact as basis of laws regarding more restrictive abortive procedures?

Good to know you are now willing to let go of your opinions and moralities and proceed to ensure laws are based on knowledge and facts.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we be happy that everyone dies?
Plus is this the same God you blame, that you don't believe in?
I don't believe in 7 legged pigs, but I never blame them for anything either.
I also don't have a feces for 7 legged pigs name either.
Plus the real God does have a sense of humor. He laughs when He sees little man (people) shake their tiny fist at the amazing universe, let alone Him who made the universe.:)
Who's blaming anyone? You're the one talking about how many abortions you think happen a day and I mentioned that 1 in 4 women has a miscarriage. Is that not your Gods will? That's the rationalization you and your fundie-kind uses when trying to criminalize abortion. Miscarriages are "Gods will" because they are natural. Again, does your God have nothing to do with death?

Once again, you think you konw what God does, how God exists and how God "thinks". Your arrogance is pathetic.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

chickyisnotbrilliant wrote:
<quoted text>The devil always tries to upset souls by bringing up their past, I see your right with him, Is your name Satan? Yep it is. Everyone knows what your future is, and your gonna love *Eu De Sulfur* And.. the little demons having their way with you.
Your imagination consumes you.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you believe in 7-legged pigs? They're real.
MAY 22, 2009
Animal Oddity: Photo of Seven-Legged Pig
"A pig was born with seven legs in a town north of Manila, Phillippines in 2001. Named Kambal, meaning twins in Tagalog, the male pig has been attracted daily visitors following his birth."
http://rwsphoto.blogspot.com/2009/05/animal-o...
This is what happens when you are restricted by your limited beliefs, like jonnycakes (gtown); you turn out to be wrong .... all because you think you know it all and can't keep an open mind.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Automobiles aren't made to kill; guns are.
<quoted text>
Neither one was made to kill innocent life, but both can and are used for such.
both willing and accidental.

What about MVA 's?
Manuel vaccum aspiration
This thing creates a week suction that SLOWLY rips the baby apart. 3-12 weeks old babies.

Syringe with spinal needle -
Used to inject salt water and other chemicals, that the baby swallows and breathes causing death sooner or later, and softening baby, so the woman can deliver it easier the next day dead.

Embryotomy scissors -
these are used to cut off heads, arms, and legs.
We already know the outcome, except for a very few who had their arm cut off and was born. The doc thought he was around the neck.

All of these insrruments cause death just about 100% of the time, for millions and millions and millions of times.

It would be nice to ban these.

The main reason we have a right to own guns, is for the chance the government tries to take away those guns and try to overide the public.

We can then use those guns to defend ourselves.

I don't know about other parts of the country, but around here men (people) are armed to the hilt.

I don't see an all out gun ban "they know better ",but in case they ever did, then they would sadly learn better.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text> Mental health was a problem with the shooters. The mass massacres is a problem of THE GUNS.
Chicky, I need more info on this. Where are you getting it? I am not as familiar with it as you are. And am very interested in it.

I do not believe you or anyone else is trying to remove the civil right to bear arms and protect self/family/property. I believe you when you say the objective is to remove semi automatic weapons and those clips.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what happens when you are restricted by your limited beliefs, like jonnycakes (gtown); you turn out to be wrong .... all because you think you know it all and can't keep an open mind.
Heh! There's that, definitely. And not walking inside a Ripley's Believe It or Not museum.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 261,901 - 261,920 of304,940
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the New York Forum right now

Search the New York Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min SpaceBlues 45,571
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 6 min Suff III 10,171
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 20 min NYStateOfMind 305,279
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 37 min Obskeptic 5,268
Ode to Bush (Mar '09) 1 hr ILAL 1,741
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 2 hr ILAL 14,186
Knicks talk back (Dec '06) 3 hr LAKERS 4 LIFE 6,379
•••
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs