Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,093)

Showing posts 261,841 - 261,860 of304,951
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

chickyisnotbrilliant wrote:
<quoted text> Ask him http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
So Knut, does that mean you think that guy is Jesus your Savior?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

God wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof positive that cynics such as yourself will never believe no matter how or in what context I manifest myself . But you're free not to believe. If free will did not exist it stands to reason I would want and would mandate that all of you believe in me, now wouldn't I? Free will is a wonderful concept is it not ?
I think a modicum of thanks would be in order, but then again you are free to remain ungrateful.
And I'm still asking why the fundies aren't screaming "blasphemy" over this? Why do they remain silent?

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you talking to your mirror?
Thanks for proving my point. That yes are a bunch of dolts.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Reported." - HAHA, and i'll do it again in a heartbeat if you continue to associate me with things like KKK, pedophiles, etc..........in fact, next time i'll report you're stupid ass too
what do u mean JUSTIFY IT? im confused, are you saying that we should yank up ALL guns from the public, yes or no?
sounds like it to me...
stop dodging the question liberal, do you agree that bad parenting was the cause? that millions of parents allow their kids (not at 3 y/o, one reason he's dead b/c of his idiot father) to fire weapons & NEVER have accidents..........so you agree that it was bad parenting or not?
I ended up not reporting you. I enjoy it when fundies show off their ignorance.

Of course it was bad parenting. I doubt "millions" of parents let their little children shoot guns. I think that's an overestimation. I also know that the Uzi incident was far from the only accidental shooting involving children handling guns, but one would still be too many.
Anonymous

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is just no way to ensure that guns won't fall into the hands of lunatics. The Sandy Hook shooter was actually taught how to use a gun by his mother.
Many years ago when I was single I lived in a little apartment in a small city. The guy who lived over me was a gun enthusiast. Often when I was getting my mail I would see him pulling gun magazines from his box. He must've had a subscription to many gun magazines as he often carried around several at a time. In casual conversation he claimed to own several handguns (and who knew what other kinds) and liked traveling to gun shows and going to shooting ranges. Fine, he's allowed his interests, but I lived worrying about him living over my apartment. What if while cleaning a gun it accidentally went off? What if he was unbalanced and got enraged at an annoying neighbor or had a fight with a girlfriend? What if when just handling a gun or showing it to a friend it accidentally went off? Maybe the bullet would come through my ceiling or go through a wall and get one of his other neighbors. The guy could've been the most responsible gun owner around, or careless, or nuts. Who knew? But in reverse what threat did I pose to him? That my cat would be too loud? I rejoiced when the guy moved out.
This is like the smoking issue...how do we balance people's rights to own guns with other people's rights to not be affected by it?
at least you seem to acknowledge that we should HAVE those rights

"What if while cleaning a gun it accidentally went off?" --- thats why gun owners shouldnt be IDIOTS & lazy.....it's not hard to clear a gun of ammo, in fact if you own, say, a glock it literally takes maybe 2-3 seconds

but the point is you should have worried FAR FAR more about the dozens of cars that zoomed by you while you were walking down the street, drivers putting on makeup, texting, calling, talking, radio changing, eating chinese food, etc..........not to mention drivers on the road while YOURE driving..........but your main concern was MAYBE the gun would go off & MAYBE it would go thru the cieling & HAPPEN to hit you?

i dont get it...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
"What kind of gun would Jesus carry?" - jesus didnt need a gun or sword, he KNEW he & his apostles would be safe from lethal harm...
its not a lie IDIOT, its a CLAIM, if i'm slightly off on you WORDING then whatever..........thats not a lie
did you NOT claim that we needed to reduce the number of guns?
in fact, you're simply dodgeing like the coward sissypants you always are, instead of simply admitting what you've already asserted, that you dont like guns & want them reduced, you say "i never said EXACTLY those words!!!"..........boo hoo, it doesnt matter, you BELIEVE IT..........why else would you be bitching at me for wanting to keep guns LEGAL???
explain your position then
" jesus didnt need a gun or sword, he KNEW he & his apostles would be safe from lethal harm..."

What? He was CRUCIFIED...hahahahahaha! You fool.

"did you NOT claim that we needed to reduce the number of guns?"

No, I did not make that claim.

"that you dont like guns"

So? I don't.

"& want them reduced"

I never said that. You keep lying.

"explain your position then"

I have..repeatedly.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>you're missing the point, im all for viability arguments but the point is many on here DO claim its not a person untill birth, despite it's earlier viability
You're missing the point, imo. It's a potential person until a successful birth is complete. It doesn't matter what people hold has their own personal opinions regarding ZEFs. There are laws surrounding late and later term abortions restricting it based on ZEF's determind viability. Later term abortions are used continuously by the PLM as if these were mainstream, common, miniature newborns being massacred in their cloud of a womb. Reality shows less than 2% of all annual abortions are later term.

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> LOL all this ^^^ because a prolifers replied with a "well said" to his post to chicky (disagreeing with her).
Ut oh! Kathboy is shakin in his boots for not only going AGAINST chicky,but because a prolifer agreed with his post to her.
TAKE COVER!
Skanky, you are such a drama queen.. Unlike your side of the aisle we all are not in lock step. We can disagree and understand that just because we do not see eye to eye on an issue does not mean we are suddenly on opposite sides of every issue.

However, my question to GTown stands. That was more surprise that an antichoice would agree to expand the ACA or as it commonly known as ObamaCare.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say you did. I said Seattle never used it. Pay attention.
What you DID say was that he said "gunmen don't f**k with police stations..."
That implies never and he never said NEVER.
You continue to fail to grasp that deter does not mean eliminate.
LMAO!! Implies? Nice try...not. Another jackass trying to force something to fit his erroneous claims. I can just as easily state that anything Seattle said about criminals not messing with police stations "implied" that meant "never". It can work both ways, Doc.

He's talking about citizens having guns deterring crimes. Do you really see crime being deterred by citizens having guns? Criminals know it's legal for citizens to own guns, yet do you see that deterring crimes from being committed? Seems like crime is still quite rampant.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>at least you seem to acknowledge that we should HAVE those rights
"What if while cleaning a gun it accidentally went off?" --- thats why gun owners shouldnt be IDIOTS & lazy.....it's not hard to clear a gun of ammo, in fact if you own, say, a glock it literally takes maybe 2-3 seconds
but the point is you should have worried FAR FAR more about the dozens of cars that zoomed by you while you were walking down the street, drivers putting on makeup, texting, calling, talking, radio changing, eating chinese food, etc..........not to mention drivers on the road while YOURE driving..........but your main concern was MAYBE the gun would go off & MAYBE it would go thru the cieling & HAPPEN to hit you?
i dont get it...
"- thats why gun owners shouldnt be IDIOTS & lazy."

Yet many of them are, and it endangers other people.

".but your main concern was MAYBE the gun would go off & MAYBE it would go thru the cieling & HAPPEN to hit you?"

Yeah, that's right because the guy's bedroom was right over mine and he could have been one of those
"lazy idiots" you're speaking about. Did the little girl in the story I linked ever expect to be mistaken for a SKUNK and shot and killed?

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

godless by choice wrote:
more hiding of pedophiles by the rcc,i wonder where the most are? the rcc or the rnc?
http://open.salon.com/blog/lost_in_berlin/201...
It doesn't surprise me.. Just sicken me to no end.

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
It was a straightforward question. What kind of gun would Jesus prefer? Would Jesus prefer to use a handgun an assault rifle...what?
Let's say Jesus was visiting your house and you invited him out to gun down some of his creatures, like deer or something, what kind of weapon would you offer him to use?
I would venture the guess of a rocket launcher.. Why do these things in half measure...
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you feel that christian loooovvveeee!!!
No, but all can read the pagan hate!!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
I would venture the guess of a rocket launcher.. Why do these things in half measure...
Of course...why not leave hundreds of carcasses AND start a wildfire. Now that would impress Jesus!

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You've heard of the word "viable" right?
You're familiar with the laws surrounding the word "viable"?
(if you were, you wouldn't be asking such asinine questions, but I am offering the benefit of the doubt)
It's not an asinine question. It's a perfectly valid question. All along you misguided PC'ers have been stressing the concept of the fetus being "part of the woman" and 'sustaining its life and securing nourishment through the woman" as the primary reason for justifying why it should be her decision to terminate. Now it turns out it is NOT the primary reason......viability is. But what is viability except just another man-established point at which a fetus's life attains value and is worthy of some protection.
On top of which viability is a concept whose definition you don't even understand.
Just another example of how, when you remove the veneer of the PC argument/logic, it fails on every possible level.

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not answer my question.
And no the issue is not mental health. CT has one of the BEST mental health programs in the country. I know this because I work in a group home for mentally ill adults. This has nothing to do with mental health except to give people who do not want to address the unregulated GUNS in this country an excuse not to. This man did NOT execute those children with a banana peel. He used a GUN. Several of them. All LEGAL.
What your saying does not sound harsh. It is just wrong. Mental health was a problem with the shooters. The mass massacres is a problem of THE GUNS.
Actually it is the answer.

Chicky it comes down to this.. Ask your self why in a country has the mentally ill on the street.

While I am thankful that Connecticut does have a very robust healthcare system.. It is still a system hitched to the same one that makes it harder for an individual to receive help.

We need to expand and grow past this point of health care.
America when it comes to healthcare is still some 20 years behind most industrialized nations and really 10 years is probably the closet to a real national healthcare system.

What these shooters are showing is not a need for banning an assault weapons, but a need to address our healthcare in general.

Consider that Switzerland has a assault rifle for every citizen. Seriously, Google it. They learn from the time they can hold something in their hands.

Every citizen from 18 to 55 is in the military. At the same time they have a healthcare system that makes shooters like we have been having a rare event.

Banning something does not make the problem go away all the time.

It just makes the problem a little more hidden.

I say confront the issue head on. We need a real discussion in this country of just how we treat not just physically sick, but our mentally ill as well.

That is my answer, chicky.. Sorry that you would like a different one.

And Chicky I have had friends die by assault weapons on a city street. If you want to discuss this is a temp email addy
kathwynn1@yahoo.com
Anonymous

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, yeah, uh, genius, that's because there was no such thing as guns when man invented god. SMH
<quoted text>
OK now wakie, wakie and pay attention, No one has said anything, ever, about making all guns illegal you moron you.
yes there were guns in Christs time, STOOPID

"
Ummm, yeah, uh, genius, that's because there was no such thing as guns when man invented god" ---------- WTF??? you dirty LIAR, actually YOU were the only one to say that! & OUTRIGHT at that

remember, or were you too drunk? you told me numerous times about how you wanted "our guns" taken away!

WTF? admit it coward
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I wonder why the fundies aren't screaming "blashemy" over this...?
Why, it's no worse then any other, not as bad as using fecesforjesus or Gods name in vain, plus the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Ghost, which is when God Himself tells you that He is real, and that Salvation draweth near, and you do more then just reject it as you do now, but you sternly back your ears and heart and tell Him you don't want anything to do with His salvation,and that is only something you and God knows.

Just in case your curious if you have ever commited this sin, then that means you haven't.

Just like I'm 100% sure I'm married.
Just like I'm 100% sure I'm saved

Those who have commited this sin are 100% sure of it, and know that there is a God, and that God will never deal with them again.

Today is the day your salvation draweth nigh.

Have you ever just been by yourself, with a pure motive and humble heart and ask the One True God to come forth, and reveil Himself to you?

He knows your Heart.
He will not turn away from a broken and contrite heart, but He resist the proud.

Its not hard to be good enough to go to Heaven (to be a child of God), it is impossible!

Except my salvation be of the Lord, then I have no salvation.
Anonymous

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I ended up not reporting you. I enjoy it when fundies show off their ignorance.
Of course it was bad parenting. I doubt "millions" of parents let their little children shoot guns. I think that's an overestimation. I also know that the Uzi incident was far from the only accidental shooting involving children handling guns, but one would still be too many.
the other fact that you liberals miss is that you feel that the fact that it was an UZI as opposed to a glock means the kid was in MORE danger..........fact is he was LESS likely to accientally shoot himeself withe the uzi due to the longer barrel length....same with rifles/shotguns....it would have been fare MORE dangerous for him to be holding a glock, for instance..........so the fact that it was an Uzi is immaterial
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
And I'm still asking why the fundies aren't screaming "blasphemy" over this? Why do they remain silent?
Why does it only bother you when someone that disagrees with you using the name God?

Plus -I don't see any cursing, or feces, and it wouldn't bother me at all if they used a little g.

It is all about your hearts intent.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 261,841 - 261,860 of304,951
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the New York Forum right now

Search the New York Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 11 min factcheck 14,209
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 15 min NYStateOfMind 305,305
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 1 hr factcheck 5,279
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 1 hr Tic Toc 10,179
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Brian_G 45,612
Ode to Bush (Mar '09) 2 hr ZCs 1,744
Heritage of Trademark: The Legal Battle Over Ow... 2 hr Ronald 17
•••

Flash Flood Watch for New York County was issued at July 14 at 3:58AM EDT

•••
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000