Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311610 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278643 Jan 21, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Well if you really feel that way, then why can't the PLM decide how a woman should be prosecuted and sentenced for hiring someone to kill her child? It's premeditated, is it not Sassy? And since someone was hired to do the killing, that makes it an execution type murder. In this country you get locked up for life or sentenced to death. So, what to do?
What does this have to do with what I said?.

Proaborts on here agree that the fetus is killed during an abortion.

WHO is killing her fetus?

WHO hired that person to kill her fetus?

WHO is paying that person to kill?

If a killing takes place and the proaborts agree to that,they why are they afraid to call the Dr a killer...and the mother who WANTS her baby killed,the killer?

See that f i n e line there?

Guilt.

As far as your above questions? Abortion/killing is legal. Just like the death penalty kind of killing is legal. People fight AGAINST those kind of killings to change the law.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278644 Jan 21, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what kind of gun would Jesus prefer? You didn't answer my question.
What?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#278645 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Killing as in A HUMAN doing the killing(relating it to abortion vs miscarriage).
Neither are criminal acts Sassy. You can relate it all you want to but neither are killing as in murder, murder as in a criminal act.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278646 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I wasn't addressing that post, but yours.
Which was addressing that post.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278647 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why I told her the original question was stupid, and didn't address what she really meant, which was a difference between dying naturally and being killed.
I origionally asked exactly what I meant to ask. You were the one who changed the words.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278648 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
No hon, and I don't fight to ban guns either. So your favorite pastimes are safe from me.
Not my favorite pastimes.

I just wonder why those who own guns,belong to the NRA or consume alcohol don't speak up against those who claim GUNS KILL PEOPLE or ALCOHOL KILLS PEOPLE(during drunk driving accidents).

There are those who are trying to take our rights away.

I guess ONLY if it is abortion,then people are interested to debate or fight. Even call people CONTROL FREAKS who want to take their rights away.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#278649 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't fight to ban anything...including guns. If I've written any post stating I want guns banned please show it, k'thanks.
A total ban on guns is unlikely. A total ban on alcohol didn't work. A total ban on abortion wouldn't work either for the same reason.

There are laws and restrictions on all of the above. The number of drunk driving fatalities has steadily decreased. The gestational week a woman can legally abort without citing a reason is also restricted.

What the world needs now is pride in personal responsibility.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278650 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you asked if there was a difference between two specific acts; dying and killing.
You haven't answered my questions on the subject. I'll try again.
Do you not see a difference between
"I am dying"
and
"I am killing"?
Try using the context of the origional posts. They died or they were killed. Is there a difference?
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278651 Jan 21, 2013
And with that, I need to get some sleep. Gotta work tonight. Have a good day all.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278652 Jan 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No. Once the infant has exited the woman's body, it has the status of a person and a citizen, with rights of one.
If a woman gives birth,the cord is still attached(still part of moms body),is that considered an infant or fetus? What about if it dies. An infant or still a fetus?

STILL attached to moms body-100%. No breath taken.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#278653 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Yep. The baby is still part of the womans body,so she should(according to their logic)have the right to kill or not.
According to Katie,it is still a fetus.
You purposely lie when you leave off the qualifier I used to answer a hypothetical question of when fetus becomes baby. My answer was "technically a fetus until cord is cut." The word "technically" is called a qualifier.

Not that this is my personal opinion, which you should have figured out long ago, and stopped trying to imply as if it were my opinion. If you haven't figured this out yet, you've no one to blame but yourself.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#278654 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Which was addressing that post.
Not the way you worded it, it wasn't. That was my point.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278655 Jan 21, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Neither are criminal acts Sassy. You can relate it all you want to but neither are killing as in murder, murder as in a criminal act.
Murder is a legal term for killing. If not legal,then it is just plain old killing.

What do you mean that "neither are criminal acts"?

If I kill someone,I am not a criminal?

Question: Caylee Anthony was killed years ago. NOBODY was charged with murder. Therefore,as of now,and perhaps forever,nobody has been CHARGED with her murder. She was killed,buried and life goes on. If nobody ever gets charged with her murder,was a criminal act still committed? Or does one NEED the title "murderer" to validate her killing?

Dead is dead I guess?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#278656 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Try using the context of the origional posts. They died or they were killed. Is there a difference?
But your question was not between "dying" and "killED". It was about "dying" and "killING".

Is there some reason you won't answer the questions I asked?

Location hidden

#278657 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
The conversation began with comparing God to an abortionist which would mean that all zefs are killed.
All zefs are killed weather it's spontaneous abortion or not.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278658 Jan 21, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
A total ban on guns is unlikely. A total ban on alcohol didn't work. A total ban on abortion wouldn't work either for the same reason.
There are laws and restrictions on all of the above. The number of drunk driving fatalities has steadily decreased. The gestational week a woman can legally abort without citing a reason is also restricted.
What the world needs now is pride in personal responsibility.
"""The number of drunk driving fatalities has steadily decreased""" "

False.

Interesting that you compare abortion to guns and alcohol restrictions.

Chicky said "there is nothing wrong with abortion" so why are people interested in/agree with restrictions?

That makes them anti-choice to RESTRICT her rights. To FORCE her to gestate against her will. To penalize her for finding out that she was pregnant after the restrictions.

Welcome to our prolife world where we DO want her to give life and to prevent her from chosing death for her child.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278659 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You purposely lie when you leave off the qualifier I used to answer a hypothetical question of when fetus becomes baby. My answer was "technically a fetus until cord is cut." The word "technically" is called a qualifier.
Not that this is my personal opinion, which you should have figured out long ago, and stopped trying to imply as if it were my opinion. If you haven't figured this out yet, you've no one to blame but yourself.
Elise called a delivered,still attached fetus,an infant. Do you agree? Do you think that "technically" it is still a fetus?

What do you mean that "not that this is my personal opinion"? You answered that "technically a fetus until the cord is cut". According to whom?

Which is it? a fetus or infant?

If *it* dies before the cord is cut,and STILL attached to moms body via the cord,is it considered a stillborn ?
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278660 Jan 21, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>All zefs are killed weather it's spontaneous abortion or not.
Dying naturally is not being "killed". A spontaneous abortion is not the same as an elective abortion.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#278661 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Excuse me? I took what Ocean said to him and repeated it back to her. I guess Ocean is not a b*tch when SHE said that to him,huh?
You're a joke Katie.
I have no problem with Oceans view of teens abstaining from sex. Where have I ever critized for that? Stop making stuff up okay?
I agree with alot of her posts regarding the reasons WHY to prevent teen motherhood,but I do disagree with her exxagerating of it.
btw...she is not just talking about teens. She is including just motherhood in general. Again,most of it is exxagerating. She also takes worst case scenerio's including her own miserable experiences and acts like it counts for ALL pregnancies and mothering experiences. She said her pregnancy SUCKED. Mine didn't. So,she should act like ALL pregnancy/mothering is a negative experience.
In fact,she even posted 1,000 reasons why not to become a mother.
Helloooooo....there proves my point that she is anti-motherhood in general. It's quite obvious Katie,and you know it. She is SO freakin happy to be pregnancy free for 20 plus years. GOOD FOR HER.
You say all the above pretending Ocean doesn't have a son whom she loves. You throw criticism at me while you're at it. I'm not the one's who's a mess here, princess.

Honesty is a good thing. You should try it first in your thinking then in your writing. You may even see some improvement. Then the rest of us will, too.

Location hidden

#278663 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> What does this have to do with what I said?.
Proaborts on here agree that the fetus is killed during an abortion.
WHO is killing her fetus?
WHO hired that person to kill her fetus?
WHO is paying that person to kill?
If a killing takes place and the proaborts agree to that,they why are they afraid to call the Dr a killer...and the mother who WANTS her baby killed,the killer?
See that f i n e line there?
Guilt.
As far as your above questions? Abortion/killing is legal. Just like the death penalty kind of killing is legal. People fight AGAINST those kind of killings to change the law.
Why do Catholics avoid referring to priests as homosexuals when they molest little boys? It's all in the context Sassy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 5 min There Goz da Judge 331,905
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 5 min SweLL GirL 16,035
Time to go? (Jun '15) 19 min southern at heart 12,534
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 48 min IND 11,912
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 hr jimi-yank 41,507
Gay Teens NYC (Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn) 5 hr NYN9952 18
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 6 hr Sexy babe 51
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 22 hr outsider 13,362

New York Jobs

More from around the web