Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
257,581 - 257,600 of 305,462 Comments Last updated 55 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#274183 Jan 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
Angelo Secchi, S.J. was born in Reggio, Italy and died in Rome. He was a physicist and mathematician with remarkable ability and passion for astronomy.
Who the hell ever heard of this guy? A MUCH more famous example would be the FATHER of Astronomy - Copernicus.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274184 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not always true. Proper names are capitalized SOMETIMES as a matter of respect, just as people sometimes write G-d instead of spelling it out as a matter of respect. One would have to believe that its a proper name of a person to bother to worry about capitalizing it. I dont believe he ever existed, tho I will show respect to the view of the faith when speaking TO someone that I respect such as Sue or OL or Pups, on a subject I respect, the Catholic faith.
If I were speaking of Jesus Jones (someone I actually know), I would capitalize his name. I dont view ***your version*** of jesus as a person however. I dont bother to capitalize fictional characters that I have no respect for.
Quick English grammer lesson for you.

http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/nouns-prop...

We get your point about Jesus, foo.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#274185 Jan 3, 2013
No, it isn't. You christians have never apologized for the disrespect you have for other faiths; don't expect anything in return.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
KatieFartFlag: "Foo is Jewish & doesn't believe in Jesus...If there's no belief, There's no respect."
You are admitting that foo intentionally and outrightly disrespects my religious Faith.
That is the definition of bigotry.
Moron.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#274186 Jan 3, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not getting what you're trying to say about lawyers and malpractice. Please clarify this.
You said: "[i]t seems to me that the abortion doctors wanted an exception from prosecution because they know that what they do amounts to murder."

I simply mean that you're full of sh*t. If doctors really wanted an exception from prosecution on FHL's, and got it, then it's axiomatic that the lawyers who comprise the large majority of the legislature of this country would have also written a law that would exempt all lawyers from a civil action for malpractice.

Get it now?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274187 Jan 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Those actions you describe are not from born traits. A one-year-old learns that people disprove of certain behaviors through experience, not because he has an innately sinful nature. You can keep in your mind your belief in a "sinful nature", if you insist. Don't bother trying to claim it as a given point. It's not. It's your opinion, only.
Who said anything about a sinful nature? We said little kids lie on their own. Sometimes is the most amusing ways. We, parents have to teach them to own up. Why take a simple comment and turn it into a stupid disscussion of 'the sinful children'? Guess you have nothing else to do.
Gtown71

United States

#274188 Jan 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I know how the bible was collated. It is one book, just like a book of short stories is still a book. A lot of other books were considered and then destroyed in the process;only books that furthered the early church's agenda were kept. There is no way to prove your deity guided its editing process.
Evolution in the context of this discussion is a biological process; it has nothing to do with the origin of life. You need to read a real science book; scientific theory isn't just guesswork. There is ample evidence to support evolution; there is none whatsoever to support your deity--or any other deity.
<quoted text>
I believe you're wrong.
I also think you only know what you were taught, both on evolution, and on what you think the early church is and was.

I gave examples of evolution, so now "the church "
Some say the first christian church started about 140 years after the death of Jesus.
Many are taught the wrong thing, when it comes to evolution and Jesus Christ.
Many "churches " have Jesus in their sign, but far from their heart and teachings. Although I firmly believe that there are born again christians in every "church " denomination, many denominations teach everything BUT THE GOSPEL MESSAGE.

Satan is the god of this world, and has many religions -his most dangerous ones are those that claim Jesus, but teach the works of men.

They are not hard to spot, if any "church "is not lifting up Jesus Christ, as for your only hope, then they preach another gospel.

I was raised church of christ, untill age nine. They teach on being baptized "and being a good person -holding on to death.

Although, their are some true christians within the coc, their teachings are not of Christ, but the works of men.

Each church has their "steps " to heaven.

The more steps that is put between God and man, the less chance of ever having eternal life.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274189 Jan 3, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
KatieFartFlag: "Foo is Jewish & doesn't believe in Jesus...If there's no belief, There's no respect."
You are admitting that foo intentionally and outrightly disrespects my religious Faith.
That is the definition of bigotry.
Moron.
According to dictionary.com 's definition of bigotry, you're a bigot as well:

"1.stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

2.the actions, beliefs, prejudices, etc., of a bigot."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigotr...

Foo has expressly stated she respects Christians who act as true Christians, even capitalizing Jesus. I echo her sentiment. My decision to part company with Christianity was, by and large, based on my disbelief of the trinity and the many lies I found in the new testament, notwithstanding my desire to live in a single faith home with my wife and my daughter.

Foo was born into Judaism. I will bet my left nut you were not born into christianity, because of what I've stated previously, to which you've not responded; that a person can only call themselves a christian after praying the infamous "sinner's prayer."

So, if you want to also call me a bigot because, like foo, I despise hypocrisy that people the likes of you exhibit on every f*cking post, go right ahead. No foreskin off my d*ck.

Since you're a eunuch and don't have a d*ck, I doubt you'd understand what I mean.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274190 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell ever heard of this guy? A MUCH more famous example would be the FATHER of Astronomy - Copernicus.
You may not know the names but you 'should' know the work.

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/his...

Indianapolis

#274191 Jan 3, 2013
I've never known a satanist to deny satan. However, few satanists see satan as their master; most don't even see him as a real entity. Satan is perceived as a symbol of rebellion to so-called moral precepts that impinge on personal freedoms.

You're probably thinking of diabolism, which is exceedingly rare these days.
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> Every Satanist says what you post.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274192 Jan 3, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hosea 13:16
"The people of Samaria must bear their guilt,
because they have rebelled against their God.
They will fall by the sword;
their little ones will be dashed to the ground,
their pregnant women ripped open.”[a]"
God did not instruct the Israelis to rip open the pregnant women, that was a decision which was made by the Israelis. It was a terrible decision to make and I can only hope that God forgave them for this terrible act.
So, is it your contention then that G-d's prophet Hosea was not speaking G-d's word to the people of Israel? Would it then be fair to say that if your contention is correct, then the bible is NOT the true and inerrant word of G-d?

Indianapolis

#274193 Jan 3, 2013
Then why do so many christians dismiss the big bang as heretical?
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>TOPIC: GEORGES LEMAÎTRE
The Belgian priest who invented the Big Bang theory shows up the modern canard about faith and science
Posted on Wednesday, 3 October 2012 Tags: Big Bang theory, Georges Lemaître, Michael Coren, science
The father of cosmology was wedded to science and the Church

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274194 Jan 3, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
No, case in point, the Native Americans used to set forests fires to clear out dead brush and small trees so to prevent a larger forest fire from happened. A large forest fire often would destroy everything in a forest.
What would be evil is if the Native Americans set fires to healthy forests.
An intentionally set forest fire hardly qualifies as a "wild forest fire" dumbass.

So, follow the bouncing ball here;

Do-you-consider-a-wild-forest- fire,-meaning-one-that-is-set- by-nature-itself,-an-evil?
Gtown71

United States

#274195 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> Good for you. Sincerely, I'm happy for you, but you can't force that view on anyone else.
<quoted text>
Oh I DO know there's a G-d and I AM passionate in my own way about it, however, my faith does not see fit to try to force our view on others, nor do we want to legislate our religoius views.
When I see someone going in what I BELIEVE is the wrong way in their lives, then I tell them what I think if asked - and I would not introduce my religion into it UNLESS ASKED. Faith is a personal thing, a private matter - and unless asked directly by someone what my faith's view would be, I wont usually offer it. I did this quite often actually when I did volunteer work in the women's jail in Baltimore, and sometimes people DID ask.
However - I dont repeat myself over and over to the point where they dont want to hear from me anymore, as that IS counterproductive.
There's something to be respected much more from someone that carries their strong faith proudly, but quietly to someone that feels a need to bludgeon another with it, especially when they know the person they're bludgeoning isn't OF their faith.
Respect for faith goes both ways, you cant ask for it in yours if you dont give it to others and their faiths.
I do thank you, for the best answer you have gave me.
Not one curse word. Lol
I do agree, that we shouldn't force our views, and me writing on a message board, is a bit different, then me going to wal mart, and just start preaching.

I feel compelled to write these things, but force no one to read them.
God uses people to spread His word.

With so many false religions, many in the name of Christ, then someone with truth should speak the truth.
There is a way, that seems right to a.person, but the end therof leads to death.
We all think were right, but that just can't be.
God is true and everyone a liar.

I just bought a book called : PROOF OF HEAVEN
A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the afterlife.

I haven't read it yet, but it looks promising.:)
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274196 Jan 3, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>((keep rolling eyes Sweets)) that's the start.... to a very long life of sparing hurt feelings, upsetting people, and a few less tears shed....
No it's not. It is a totally different thing but I can understand that you don't see the difference.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274197 Jan 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Then why do so many christians dismiss the big bang as heretical?
<quoted text>
We all know the earth was created some way. A big bang works for us. Being as God did it, it was probably a hell of a big bang.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274198 Jan 3, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
PastorBob: "Judaism does not permit abortion on demand"
Foo says she's a practicing Jew. She supports abortion on demand.
Grumpy says he's a practicing Jew. He supports abortion on demand.
So..........
Hey, what about me? I feel left out here! LMAO!!

You say you're a practicing Catholic; yet you support hate, bigotry and everything your new testament doesn't stand for.

What's your excuse; you're not perfect, just forgiven? LMAO!!

Indianapolis

#274199 Jan 3, 2013
Quick lesson for YOU--"grammAr", like it says in your link.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick English grammer lesson for you.
http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/nouns-prop...
We get your point about Jesus, foo.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#274200 Jan 3, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Rome was not built in a day, and the realization that abortion is murder will take a long time to materialize in hearts and minds of the American public. Yet I feel very confident that this realization will occur someday and then there will be wide support for the US Supreme Court to reverse the Roe vs Wade decision.
Abortion will be outlawed again in this nation. It is a great hope of mine that it occurs in my lifetime so I can witness it.
LOL, no it won't.

But you go ahead and hold your breath waiting for it to happen.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#274201 Jan 3, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> Every Satanist says what you post.
What an idiotic statement. A Satanist saying that Satan doesn't exist would be on par with a Christian saying Christ doesn't exist.

Are you really this stupid?

Indianapolis

#274202 Jan 3, 2013
I've done research on both subjects--and many more besides. It's my nature. You're parroting fundamentalist christian dogma and claiming it is fact. There are thousands of christian sects, all based on interpretation of the bible. Pretending your interpretation is the "correct" one is sheer arrogance.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you're wrong.
I also think you only know what you were taught, both on evolution, and on what you think the early church is and was.
I gave examples of evolution, so now "the church "
Some say the first christian church started about 140 years after the death of Jesus.
Many are taught the wrong thing, when it comes to evolution and Jesus Christ.
Many "churches " have Jesus in their sign, but far from their heart and teachings. Although I firmly believe that there are born again christians in every "church " denomination, many denominations teach everything BUT THE GOSPEL MESSAGE.
Satan is the god of this world, and has many religions -his most dangerous ones are those that claim Jesus, but teach the works of men.
They are not hard to spot, if any "church "is not lifting up Jesus Christ, as for your only hope, then they preach another gospel.
I was raised church of christ, untill age nine. They teach on being baptized "and being a good person -holding on to death.
Although, their are some true christians within the coc, their teachings are not of Christ, but the works of men.
Each church has their "steps " to heaven.
The more steps that is put between God and man, the less chance of ever having eternal life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 2 hr patmed 10,347
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr Candy4Me 9,395
If Rappers Believe in "Don't Shoot" why do so m... 3 hr Culture Auditor 1
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 5 hr Fumamchu in Hawaii 307,473
The Obama Epic FAIL BLOG (Feb '13) 6 hr Inane Opinion 560
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 7 hr - -SPOONER- - 5,463
USA and ISIS in Iraq 10 hr Opinion 49
•••

New York News Video

•••