Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,984
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#269317 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe that?
Yes.

"Morality (from the Latin moralitas "manner, character, proper behavior") is the differentiation of intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are "good" (or right) and those that are "bad" (or wrong). The philosophy of morality is ethics. A moral code is a system of morality (according to a particular philosophy, religion, culture, etc.) and a moral is any one practice or teaching within a moral code. Morality may also be specifically synonymous with "goodness" or "rightness." Immorality is the active opposition to morality (i.e. opposition to that which is good or right), while amorality is variously defined as an unawareness of, indifference toward, or disbelief in any set of moral standards or principles.[1][2][3][4] An example of a moral code is the Golden Rule which states that, "One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself."[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morality

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#269319 Dec 11, 2012
And a hale and hearty, "Who cares?" Mom sure didn't. She'd outlived all her close friends, her parents, her husband, and a child. She didn't have much interest in a mass. And why do you think I give a fu** what the RCC wants?
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> from Our Daily Visitor
What Every Catholic needs to know about funerals
Last Updated Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:16:54 AM
Printer Friendly Version
What Every Catholic needs to know about funerals
The funeral Mass is a final opportunity to commend the deceased to Godís mercy, and thatís why it must be done with reverence
By Brian Fraga - OSV Newsweekly, 10/9/2011
How do you want your body handled after your death?
All natural. Pop me in a box and bury me.
Funeral home special. Embalming and make-up before burial.
Ashes to ashes! Cremate me.
Not sure.
Online Surveys by
It is one of the most important events a Catholic community celebrates in a personís life, but one so often misunderstood and increasingly ignored.
The funeral Mass.
The funeral liturgy in a church setting is a final opportunity to commend the deceased to Godís mercy, and to reflect on how the personís life mirrored the love and teachings of Jesus Christ, who promises that one day, the Christian will rise again and live with him in the New Jerusalem. Forever.
ďIn order to pray for the repose of the personís soul, and to pray for the family, the best way to do so is the Mass, because itís in the Mass that we read from the Gospels, that we encounter the Lord Jesus and his mercy,Ē said Father Roger Landry, a priest of the Diocese of Fall River, Mass.
ďThe Mass is the source of hope for those who have seen a loved one die, in that the family can see that their loved one might not die, but live forever. Itís one of the greatest means by which the Christian community comes together to support a grieving family,Ē Father Landry told Our Sunday Visitor.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269320 Dec 11, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Made amends for what? G-d gave us free will and being pro-choice is not something that needs to be amended.
He made many public choices over the last eighty years. Many of which didn't seem like good ones. If he stands by them in the face of God, that is his choice too.

Indianapolis

#269321 Dec 11, 2012
So, if the family doesn't want one...?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
A funeral Mass is given to every Catholic. It is more for the family and a tradition.
Everyone is redeemable. We don't know what was in his heart at the end of his life.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#269322 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think that the people in family court are the result of a irresponsible and reckless lifestyle rather than a disillusionment with motherhood
Rather than? No. You might not either, if you'd ever worked with at risk teenage girls. It's both.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269323 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that would be a tough case to prove . That is that the killing was neccessary.
He didn't say anything about necessary.

Is there some reason you can't answer the question as asked?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269324 Dec 11, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
"Morality (from the Latin moralitas "manner, character, proper behavior") is the differentiation of intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are "good" (or right) and those that are "bad" (or wrong). The philosophy of morality is ethics. A moral code is a system of morality (according to a particular philosophy, religion, culture, etc.) and a moral is any one practice or teaching within a moral code. Morality may also be specifically synonymous with "goodness" or "rightness." Immorality is the active opposition to morality (i.e. opposition to that which is good or right), while amorality is variously defined as an unawareness of, indifference toward, or disbelief in any set of moral standards or principles.[1][2][3][4] An example of a moral code is the Golden Rule which states that, "One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself."[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morality
So even though you might find child abuse, theft, murder or rape wrong, you could understand someone else having a different idea?
Is that what you are saying, right and wrong is different for different people?

Indianapolis

#269325 Dec 11, 2012
They're hysterical. They know nothing about my mother or my family but think they can upset me over a funeral mass that I didn't even make the decision about?

Their posts are some of the best reasons for people to become atheists; no god would allow these sad little people to represent him.
elise in burque wrote:
Why are the fundies here the nastiest posters on this thread? Every post of theirs today has been a petty, unnecessarily mean, personal jab. What a bunch of bittergossips. Just like old church ladies...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269326 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking about Kennedy. What you do in your family is up to you.
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269327 Dec 11, 2012
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>We know what was in his heart at the end of his life. HE WAS OPENLY PRO-CHOICE!
You could never know what was in his heart at the last few moments of his life.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269328 Dec 11, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't say anything about necessary.
Is there some reason you can't answer the question as asked?
Sorry, I forget that you can only understand yes and no answers. Both would be wrong. In court the defense would have to prove that the killer had no choice or that he had some mental instability.
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269329 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then they are disrespecting their mother.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269330 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that would be a tough case to prove . That is that the killing was neccessary.
Let's just hope you'll never have to find out.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269331 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
They're hysterical. They know nothing about my mother or my family but think they can upset me over a funeral mass that I didn't even make the decision about?
Their posts are some of the best reasons for people to become atheists; no god would allow these sad little people to represent him.
<quoted text>
Who is the 'they' in "they're hysterical"? I think only one poster responded to you about a funeral.
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269332 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
And a hale and hearty, "Who cares?" Mom sure didn't. She'd outlived all her close friends, her parents, her husband, and a child. She didn't have much interest in a mass. And why do you think I give a fu** what the RCC wants?
<quoted text>
Then you should have never called her a good Catholic. By the way,I went to a funeral a few weeks ago and the woman who died had no family, she still had a funeral Mass. The priest would still say a mass for the deceased even if no one shows up . YOU are afraid to enter a church, maybe you are too scared of burning up when you enter.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269333 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So even though you might find child abuse, theft, murder or rape wrong, you could understand someone else having a different idea?
Is that what you are saying, right and wrong is different for different people?
So, because you find adultery wrong; you couldn't understand a couple being "swingers" because to them swinging is not wrong, but for you it is?

You think artificial birth control is wrong. Others, including some Christians, disagree. Can you understand why, or do you need me to draw it in crayon for you?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269334 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I forget that you can only understand yes and no answers. Both would be wrong. In court the defense would have to prove that the killer had no choice or that he had some mental instability.
There, was that so hard to do?

He didn't ask about court, but about what YOU think, Moron.

“Peace be with you”

Since: Sep 09

Good will to all!

#269335 Dec 11, 2012
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, really
<quoted text>
of course they were. which means they were not collateral damage. they were the intended targets
<quoted text>
duh, ya think?
<quoted text>
"seem" to? your elevator doesn't seem to go all the way to the top floor
They were strangers. In the wrong place at the wrong time.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269336 Dec 11, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There, was that so hard to do?
He didn't ask about court, but about what YOU think, Moron.
Glad I could dumb it down for you.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269337 Dec 11, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just hope you'll never have to find out.
Thanks.........I think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Portlandia 49,207
2 NYPD cops shot a execution stylea in Brooklyn 29 min De Oppresso Liber 32
jets talk back (Dec '07) 1 hr TMAN_Mets 9,985
The American ISIS'' 1 hr The Phanton Hell ... 18
Eric Garner Murdered by Cop 1 hr Reality does exist 325
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr Nemo Noone 16,661
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 2 hr truth 12,050
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 9 hr NYStateOfMind 311,577

New York News Video

New York Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New York People Search