Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310305 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#267599 Dec 2, 2012
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-vid ...
You guys have to watch this video of Julia Holcomb (ex fiance of Steven Tyler). It is a fairly short 3 part video. It's really moving.

She talks about aborting her baby. Her baby was born alive and killed.

Interestingly,but sad,She also talks about how over 60% of vulnerable girls are coerced to abort and how this is exploitation of women and children. Abortion is not ALWAYS a womans choice.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#267600 Dec 2, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
.<quoted text>
Holy crap you're STUPID.
A D&C IS A D&C IS A D&C, REGARDLESS of what its being done FOR.
Call it whatever you want, the procedure doesn't change - nor does its PURPOSE change.
The PURPOSE of a D&C is to evacuate the uterus. Period.
The REASONS WHY may change from person to person, but the PURPOSE is the same.
One D&C procedure is induced abortion. It's intent is to directly end the life of the preborn before removing him/her from the uterus.

Surgical documention does not consider a "D&C is a D&C is a D&C." Surgeon better call a D&C abortion by name....he can't perform induced abortions willy nilly....unless he wants to lose is license.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#267601 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Mom says Christ is God.
Dad says Jesus didn't exist.
Where exactly do these children find their way and how do they decide which parent is wrong?
I can only see this working in families where there is no real committment to any religion.
Ye Gods, Witless, you are so stupid. You're STILL missing the point. And you're STILL confusing Atheism with a religion, which was not what the conversation is about.

How about THIS one, which is a much more appropriate example....

Mom says, "As a Christian, I believe that Christ is God, and here is why...."

Dad says, "As a Wiccan, I believe that there is one source for all creation that we picture as both a God AND a Goddess, and here is why...."

BOTH parents then tell their children, "It is up to YOU to listen to your own heart, and decide what YOU will believe."

Get it NOW, Witless? I hope so, because I've dumbed it down as much as possible.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#267602 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Stupid Sassy, you're missing the point. Parents would teach what the beliefs are. I've never seen anywhere a Jew say that Judaism teaches that "Jesus was a lying imposter". It DOES teach that Jesus did not fulfill the requirements to be considered the Messiah.
Obviously, you've never stepped outside of YOUR narrow little world, since you don't seem to know any multifaith families. Or, cared enough to ask them about it.
Parents teaching the beliefs are not belittling the other faiths. Why would they?
Again, as an example....even though we are not a multifaith family, I did teach my children what other religions teach, factually. I said to them, this is what I believe, and these are the beliefs of others, and what they believe is a matter for their own hearts. Parents of multifaith families that I know do the same, except that the parents are each teaching their own religions. Where's the confusion?
"""Parents teaching the beliefs are not belittling the other faiths. Why would they?'"""

If one parent is a Christian,then that means that they believe in the fact that they have a savior Jesus Christ. If the other parent is Jewish,then there is a total contradiction. That parent doesn't believe that they have a savior.

How do they put up a Christmas tree,advent wreath,nativity set,etc.. anticipating the birth of their savior? Little Susie or Johnny will be confused if Dad says to them that he doesn't believe in such a thing.

Now take a parent like one of the proaborts on here who bash Christians especially Catholics while raising children in multi-faith settings. Foo being one of them. That child will have a parent who is mocking the other parent and their religion.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267603 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely untrue. There are religions that teach that there are many paths to the Divine, or at least don't insist that everyone must be the same religion. There are also many devout Christians who don't believe others must also be Christian.
Also, no one spoke of "instilling" both. We're talking about teaching the beliefs of both, and letting the child decide for themselves.
YOU'RE just a narrow-minded bigot. I'm not surprised someone like you can't understand the concept. You don't, after all, understand much of anything else, either.
Like I said it only works with people who have no strong committment to any religion like yourself. You can change like the weather. One seems to tough, you find an easy one that takes no effort whatsoever.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#267604 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ye Gods, Witless, you are so stupid. You're STILL missing the point. And you're STILL confusing Atheism with a religion, which was not what the conversation is about.
Dad says, "As a Wiccan, I believe that there is one source for all creation that we picture as both a God AND a Goddess, and here is why...."
BOTH parents then tell their children, "It is up to YOU to listen to your own heart, and decide what YOU will believe."
Get it NOW, Witless? I hope so, because I've dumbed it down as much as possible.
You express alot of hate in your posts for those who disagree with you. That's not healthy.

If you truly believed and practiced your religion,you'd be sure to introduce and follow up with instruction for your child. How does a parent tell them that they are going to be instructed in two total opposite religions who contradict each other? Do you honestly believe this is healthy? Do you honestly believe that a child will actually embrace such a message from parents "It is up to YOU to listen to your own heart and decide what YOU will believe"?

Really?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267605 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who doesn't understand. We start teaching our children about Christ as babies. There is only one God.
Tough to tell a toddler to listen to his own heart. If you don't grow up believing in something solid, then you grow up believing in nothing.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#267606 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is idiotic to think that you can teach and instill two very different philosophies to a child and not have them be confused and not know what to believe. To have a strong religious belief you have to disavow for yourself, all other faiths.
If a Catholic marries outside their faith,then how do they have their spouse agree to raise a family with that faith or be part of their childs Baptism if they have to promise to raise that child in that Catholic faith?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267607 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
"""Parents teaching the beliefs are not belittling the other faiths. Why would they?'"""
If one parent is a Christian,then that means that they believe in the fact that they have a savior Jesus Christ. If the other parent is Jewish,then there is a total contradiction. That parent doesn't believe that they have a savior.
How do they put up a Christmas tree,advent wreath,nativity set,etc.. anticipating the birth of their savior? Little Susie or Johnny will be confused if Dad says to them that he doesn't believe in such a thing.
Now take a parent like one of the proaborts on here who bash Christians especially Catholics while raising children in multi-faith settings. Foo being one of them. That child will have a parent who is mocking the other parent and their religion.
See my previous post to Witless.

Do YOU really talk to your children like you talk to people here? Seriously? Sounds like lousy parenting to me.

There is a vast difference between what adults say to each other on a debate forum, espectially those who are busily denigrating or own religions, and what a parent teaches their child about religion. You ASSume that the conversation will be a denial of the other parent's religion, instead of a lesson in their own. Why is that?

Or do YOU, as Witless apparently does, believe that the central teaching of Jesus was that Christians (who actually didn't exist them, just by the way, Jesus' religion was Judaism) should inform others that their religions are crap? Because I don't remember any such words attributted to him.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#267608 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you where the confusion is. I have a Catholic daughter married to an athiest. She is trying to raise her daughters Catholic and his mocking and scoffing of God is beyond impossible for her and the values she is trying to instill in her girls is being made a joke of. The girls don't know who to believe, Mom or Dad. This isn't a problem in families where parents share the same beliefs and values.
Sounds like the problem is that your daughter is married to a jerk. I was married to a believer and we raised a son who is not at all confused about spiritual matters. He is also a believer. The reason being that we respect each other.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267609 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. You can't teach that the earth revolves around the sun and also teach that the sun revolves around the earth. Then ask the four year old to make up his own mind. Wher do they get such foggy brains?
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#267610 Dec 2, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
One D&C procedure is induced abortion. It's intent is to directly end the life of the preborn before removing him/her from the uterus.
Surgical documention does not consider a "D&C is a D&C is a D&C." Surgeon better call a D&C abortion by name....he can't perform induced abortions willy nilly....unless he wants to lose is license.
Foo says "Call it whatever you want, the procedure doesn't change - nor does its PURPOSE change".

I just don't get it. How can people be so ignorant?

Not all D&C's are to remove a human from the womb. She claims that it is to clean out the womb but is forgetting that a human being present in that womb changes everything.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267611 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said it only works with people who have no strong committment to any religion like yourself. You can change like the weather. One seems to tough, you find an easy one that takes no effort whatsoever.
That's completely untrue, and just your bigotry showing.

I'm completely committed to my religion. I'm just bright enough to realize that it's not the only one that is a valid path to the Divine.

Catholicism tough? LOL, sorry, but it's much "tougher" to think for yourself, and determine with guidelines the best course of action to take, for each and every choice you make, than it is to follow orders given ahead of time for every aspect of life.

I left Catholicism because it made no intellectual or spiritual sense to me.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#267612 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is idiotic to think that you can teach and instill two very different philosophies to a child and not have them be confused and not know what to believe. To have a strong religious belief you have to disavow for yourself, all other faiths.
It happens all the time. Where do you spend your days, in a box?

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#267613 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Mom says Christ is God.
Dad says Jesus didn't exist.
Where exactly do these children find their way and how do they decide which parent is wrong?
I can only see this working in families where there is no real committment to any religion.
By being able to use a skill called critical thinking. Something that I know you were never taught. Fortunately, by your own admission, your grand children will learn that skill.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267614 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>You express alot of hate in your posts for those who disagree with you. That's not healthy.
If you truly believed and practiced your religion,you'd be sure to introduce and follow up with instruction for your child. How does a parent tell them that they are going to be instructed in two total opposite religions who contradict each other? Do you honestly believe this is healthy? Do you honestly believe that a child will actually embrace such a message from parents "It is up to YOU to listen to your own heart and decide what YOU will believe"?
Really?
She is full of hate. It goes along with the foggy brain. She doesn't espouse any 'truths' that don't change as needed.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#267615 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you where the confusion is. I have a Catholic daughter married to an athiest. She is trying to raise her daughters Catholic and his mocking and scoffing of God is beyond impossible for her and the values she is trying to instill in her girls is being made a joke of. The girls don't know who to believe, Mom or Dad. This isn't a problem in families where parents share the same beliefs and values.
That's poor parenting if he's mocking and scoffing in front of the children. They both should have known these problems would arise. Don't Catholics get get some kind of counseling before they marry especially if it's interfaith? Actually it is a problem regardless of being the same religion or not.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267616 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's completely untrue, and just your bigotry showing.
I'm completely committed to my religion. I'm just bright enough to realize that it's not the only one that is a valid path to the Divine.
Catholicism tough? LOL, sorry, but it's much "tougher" to think for yourself, and determine with guidelines the best course of action to take, for each and every choice you make, than it is to follow orders given ahead of time for every aspect of life.
I left Catholicism because it made no intellectual or spiritual sense to me.
You left Catholicism because it wasn't an easy breezy religion that fit your lifestyle.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#267617 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Out side of using a bouncing ball and shadow puppets. I do not think you can get it any more simple.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267618 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>You express alot of hate in your posts for those who disagree with you. That's not healthy.
Really?
Yes, it happens all the time. I've seen it, personally. And the best examples were the couples who worked all this out between them before they even got married, let alone had children.

Of course there is follow up. Who said otherwise?

My teaching my children comparative religion along with my own worked out beautifully. It was very healthy. Much healthier in my opinion that "we're right, everyone else is wrong".

I have no hate for Witless. Mostly, the emotion I feel with dealing with her, or you, is amusement tinged with sadness that there are such people as you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 16 min jimi-yank 36,321
Time to go? 25 min white liberal use... 2,198
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 25 min DBWriter 5,594
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 30 min TMShyster 319,130
OBAMA, is the worst President ever? 1 hr De Oppresso Liber 118
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr OzRitz 54,328
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 8 hr Bruser 8,000
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages