Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 319969 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#267635 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
See my previous post to Witless.
Do YOU really talk to your children like you talk to people here? Seriously? Sounds like lousy parenting to me.
There is a vast difference between what adults say to each other on a debate forum, espectially those who are busily denigrating or own religions, and what a parent teaches their child about religion. You ASSume that the conversation will be a denial of the other parent's religion, instead of a lesson in their own. Why is that?
Or do YOU, as Witless apparently does, believe that the central teaching of Jesus was that Christians (who actually didn't exist them, just by the way, Jesus' religion was Judaism) should inform others that their religions are crap? Because I don't remember any such words attributted to him.


"""You ASSume that the conversation will be a denial of the other parent's religion, instead of a lesson in their own. Why is that?"""

I believe that "lessons" are taught by example first. Then,instructional methods of teaching.

If I am teaching my child that their is one true God,and living that faith...examples...and taking my child to instruction as well as teaching it on my own....then how can I then,hand them over to their father who will teach them that there is "no one true God",as well as teaching them the total opposite of what is taught in moms religion and beliefs?

BTW...I don't know who this "witless" person that you are referring to. Can't you ever just stop with your hatred?

As believers in Jesus Christ,we are called to spread the good news.

I have a gf who was raised Jewish. She,at one point in her life,felt deep despair about how she was living her life. She had aborted and spiraled more out of control then she was before it. A close friend of hers who was on the "free living" journey,had "found Jesus". The rest of her friends mocked this guy,as did she. She LEARNED from his change in his life and his entire demenor. As much as they reminded him of his 'former self',he didn't flinch. He had great confidence in this Savior Jesus who changed him. One day,years later,she 'found this Jesus' too. She was a big bible reader too. She searched her own Jewish religion and came to believe that Jesus 'had' to be the messiah that the Jews were expecting. Thanks to the courage of this one man to teach by words AND example,she has since turned her life around.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#267636 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who doesn't understand. We start teaching our children about Christ as babies. There is only one God.
Tough to tell a toddler to listen to his own heart. If you don't grow up believing in something solid, then you grow up believing in nothing.
You are so easily baffled. It's a wonder you find your way home without a trail of crumbs to follow.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#267637 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo says "Call it whatever you want, the procedure doesn't change - nor does its PURPOSE change".
I just don't get it. How can people be so ignorant?
Not all D&C's are to remove a human from the womb. She claims that it is to clean out the womb but is forgetting that a human being present in that womb changes everything.
So what is the difference in how it's done when there is a human in the womb compared to when there is not, compared to when the human has died? The fact that a human is in the uterus doesn't change the steps taken to remove it.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267638 Dec 2, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You can't prove any of that. That's why it's called faith. The Bible cannot be proven as fact. That's not a problem if you don't expect for everyone to follow your religion's tenets as the law of the land. You can and should believe anything you like. Same for me.
What is fact is that the Bible was written by men who where inspired by the oral teachings of ancestors given guidelines to live by, by God. They believed that God had spoken and guided them. You can choose to believe none of it but it proof that 'they' believed.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#267639 Dec 2, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting how a diehard proabort & deathscort like foo goes to extreme lengths to cover up the truth of what she promotes.
She is uneasy with what she is doing (supports 1.2 million preborn baby deaths/year in U.S.)
Foo's mouthing off notwithstanding, she realizes she's willingly & intentionally on the wrong side - the side of death & destruction.
She makes this clear in her bobbing-and-weaving from truth.
Very scary how visibly pro-death many of these people really are. I truly believe that many refer to themselves as prochoice because that is how they were raised. Then you have the ones like foo,Katie and Bitler who express killing as a means to all ends. They are true die hard proaborts/prokilling.

Interestingly,many peoples stories of where they are today(what they support,how they live their lives,etc) show that something went desperately wrong in the lives in the past. It's like someone forced into their minds that they were worthless and insignificant. They then turn around and can't possible understand how a small,immature human can have ANY value if they don't.

It seems to become an issue of power to control then,...someone elses fate.

These people need desperate prayers.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#267640 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So, still trying to speak for all Jews, are you? Given that there is already someone here who is Jewish and married to a Christian, anything YOU say is meaningless.
LOL, your arrogance, and ignorance, are astounding.
Where am I speaking for "all Jews" let alone "any Jew"?

Authentic Jews and Christians(Catholics) will understand the importance of raising a child. It is not just about "teaching them through words" but by example.

What kind of example would a child receive if BOTH parents were genuine about their beliefs(ACTUALLY practicing it not making up their own versions as they go along)and it was a total contradiction?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#267641 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of 'Now I lay me down to Sleep'? Age appropiate?
You don't star teaching about God when they are in their teens. It's part of a child's life from early on. You may do it differently.
I didn't say teens, either. I said age appropriate. And there is a difference between teaching a small child about your Deity, and training them in religious dogma anyway. Even the RCC doesn't do so at four.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267642 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it happens all the time. I've seen it, personally. And the best examples were the couples who worked all this out between them before they even got married, let alone had children.
Of course there is follow up. Who said otherwise?
My teaching my children comparative religion along with my own worked out beautifully. It was very healthy. Much healthier in my opinion that "we're right, everyone else is wrong".
I have no hate for Witless. Mostly, the emotion I feel with dealing with her, or you, is amusement tinged with sadness that there are such people as you.
Talk about funny. The people who work it out are the ones where there is one parent who doesn't care what religion the kids are and leaves the whole thing up to the other. There is no way that two strong religions can be taught at the same time to the same child. They would have opposite meanings.

What you are talking about is giving your teenagers who have no strong convictions a primer on all the world's religions and say 'pick one if you want'.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267643 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Where am I speaking for "all Jews" let alone "any Jew"?
Authentic Jews and Christians(Catholics) will understand the importance of raising a child. It is not just about "teaching them through words" but by example.
What kind of example would a child receive if BOTH parents were genuine about their beliefs(ACTUALLY practicing it not making up their own versions as they go along)and it was a total contradiction?
Let's se I think I know the answer ah CONFUSION.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#267644 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
"""You ASSume that the conversation will be a denial of the other parent's religion, instead of a lesson in their own. Why is that?"""
I believe that "lessons" are taught by example first. Then,instructional methods of teaching.
If I am teaching my child that their is one true God,and living that faith...examples...and taking my child to instruction as well as teaching it on my own....then how can I then,hand them over to their father who will teach them that there is "no one true God",as well as teaching them the total opposite of what is taught in moms religion and beliefs?
BTW...I don't know who this "witless" person that you are referring to. Can't you ever just stop with your hatred?
As believers in Jesus Christ,we are called to spread the good news.
I have a gf who was raised Jewish. She,at one point in her life,felt deep despair about how she was living her life. She had aborted and spiraled more out of control then she was before it. A close friend of hers who was on the "free living" journey,had "found Jesus". The rest of her friends mocked this guy,as did she. She LEARNED from his change in his life and his entire demenor. As much as they reminded him of his 'former self',he didn't flinch. He had great confidence in this Savior Jesus who changed him. One day,years later,she 'found this Jesus' too. She was a big bible reader too. She searched her own Jewish religion and came to believe that Jesus 'had' to be the messiah that the Jews were expecting. Thanks to the courage of this one man to teach by words AND example,she has since turned her life around.
So, having both parents of one faith didn't save her from confusion, obviously. And later in life, she made her own mind.

I'm failing to see how you think this proves anything.

Now, I've explained what I mean, very clearly. The fact that you still don't understand says more about you than anything else. You also live in a narrow-minded little world.

And you damned well DO know who I mean when I say Witless. Why do you lie so much? LOL.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#267645 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>You don't sound very confident or strong in your beliefs. If I didn't believe in a God,I will be damned if I allowed my spouse to tell my child that there is one.
Then ask Ink why it's such a big deal that her son in law does it?
sasssylicious wrote:
If someone is a practicing Jew,then they wouldn't be okay to expect their Catholic/Christian wife to teach their child about their Christian/Catholic faith. It's a total contradiction to tell a child that their is No Jesus but then tell them that their is a Savior Jesus.
You're Catholic, you can speak for what Catholics would/should do.
sasssylicious wrote:
One of my moms best couple friends were of different faiths. The husband was a Jew and the wife was a Catholic. They fell in love and he married her knowing that they would live the Catholic teachings and raise kids in that relgion. He attended mass EVERY Sunday and other days during the week too.
It's not about teaching them,it is about LIVING it by example and this couple did and that is why they have kids who do also.
So he converted?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267646 Dec 2, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>So what is the difference in how it's done when there is a human in the womb compared to when there is not, compared to when the human has died? The fact that a human is in the uterus doesn't change the steps taken to remove it.


Monitoring of a beating heart in the case of a D&C abortion of living preborn human.

D&C's evaluating for pathology in the uterus has different intent and tissue analysis.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#267647 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Where am I speaking for "all Jews" let alone "any Jew"?
Authentic Jews and Christians(Catholics) will understand the importance of raising a child. It is not just about "teaching them through words" but by example.
What kind of example would a child receive if BOTH parents were genuine about their beliefs(ACTUALLY practicing it not making up their own versions as they go along)and it was a total contradiction?
Where? Here, from your prior post

"If someone is a practicing Jew,then they wouldn't be okay to expect their Catholic/Christian wife to teach their child about their Christian/Catholic faith."

And here, in this post

"Authentic Jews..."

That's where.

Again, your arrogance, and ignorance, are astounding.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#267648 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it happens all the time. I've seen it, personally. And the best examples were the couples who worked all this out between them before they even got married, let alone had children.
Of course there is follow up. Who said otherwise?
My teaching my children comparative religion along with my own worked out beautifully. It was very healthy. Much healthier in my opinion that "we're right, everyone else is wrong".
I have no hate for Witless. Mostly, the emotion I feel with dealing with her, or you, is amusement tinged with sadness that there are such people as you.
I married a non-Catholic(he is Christian)so it is a personal fact for me as well. I knew that he was not Catholic. He knew that I was and that I in fact,practiced my faith. I raised my children that way. He not only 'heard' what religion I was,he saw me live it in my words,actions and my practices.

I never once asked him to go to Mass or to live that life. He saw me being 100% true to it. He married me in my Catholic church fully taking an oath to God to raise our children in that faith. I never asked him to because I knew that the promise wouldn't be to me to do that but that it HAD to be to God.

Today,he lives it 100% and I will never worry one day that if I die,that he won't continue to live it and to bring our children up in that faith.

"""My teaching my children comparative religion along with my own worked out beautifully""" """

My children also KNOW about other religions. It works out beautifully(as you put it)because I am not married to a man who lives another faith that contradicts mine. It wouldn't be so "beautiful" Bitler,if your husband disagreed,mocked or bashed it.

BTW...I don't believe that you would embrace your husbands Catholism if he was living it AND teaching it to your children.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267649 Dec 2, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You are so easily baffled. It's a wonder you find your way home without a trail of crumbs to follow.
Prime example of what I said. Thanks.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#267650 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about funny. The people who work it out are the ones where there is one parent who doesn't care what religion the kids are and leaves the whole thing up to the other. There is no way that two strong religions can be taught at the same time to the same child. They would have opposite meanings.
What you are talking about is giving your teenagers who have no strong convictions a primer on all the world's religions and say 'pick one if you want'.
"The people who work it out are the ones where there is one parent who doesn't care what religion the kids are and leaves the whole thing up to the other."

Really? You, of course, have proof of this statement, right? You KNOW the families I'm talking about, do you? What's truly funny, is your desperation.

No, that's not what I'm talking about. I did not say anything about teenagers at all. If you must lie, then you'll never understand. I'm sorry you're not bright enough, as it's a very simple concept.

Oh, by the way, you never answered my question; WHAT lifestyle did I have that needed a "breezy" religion? Hmmm?
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#267651 Dec 2, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Then ask Ink why it's such a big deal that her son in law does it?
<quoted text>You're Catholic, you can speak for what Catholics would/should do.
<quoted text>So he converted?
Inks daughter married an atheist who mocks her and her faith. Elise obviously is an atheist but has no core beliefs or disbeliefs to challenge.

This man converted in his heart and actions. From what I was told by my mom long ago,he didn't 'officially' convert.

""""You're Catholic, you can speak for what Catholics would/should do""""

One can not be of a specific religion but still understand its teachings. In fact,I seem to know more about my husbands former religion than he does.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267652 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say teens, either. I said age appropriate. And there is a difference between teaching a small child about your Deity, and training them in religious dogma anyway. Even the RCC doesn't do so at four.
No there isn't any difference. " Jesus is the Son of God and he loves you" can be and is taught at all ages. Prayers are taught from the earliest age. We live who we are everyday. We don't pull it out to our children at some appropiate age. Why are you talking about something you don't know anything about?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#267653 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
I married a non-Catholic(he is Christian)so it is a personal fact for me as well. I knew that he was not Catholic. He knew that I was and that I in fact,practiced my faith. I raised my children that way. He not only 'heard' what religion I was,he saw me live it in my words,actions and my practices.
I never once asked him to go to Mass or to live that life. He saw me being 100% true to it. He married me in my Catholic church fully taking an oath to God to raise our children in that faith. I never asked him to because I knew that the promise wouldn't be to me to do that but that it HAD to be to God.
Today,he lives it 100% and I will never worry one day that if I die,that he won't continue to live it and to bring our children up in that faith.
"""My teaching my children comparative religion along with my own worked out beautifully""" """
My children also KNOW about other religions. It works out beautifully(as you put it)because I am not married to a man who lives another faith that contradicts mine. It wouldn't be so "beautiful" Bitler,if your husband disagreed,mocked or bashed it.
BTW...I don't believe that you would embrace your husbands Catholism if he was living it AND teaching it to your children.
Who said anything about either parent "embracing" the religion of the other?

And who said anything about either parent "bashing" the religion of the other. Is that what YOUR religion teaches you to do? Or does it teach you to SHARE your religion. See, you're still missing the point.

BTW, my first husband and I were NOT of the same religion.

I find it amusing, that you really believe that Catholics and other Christians are that different as to qualify as separate religions. That's kind of sad, but says much about your bigotry.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#267654 Dec 2, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>So what is the difference in how it's done when there is a human in the womb compared to when there is not, compared to when the human has died? The fact that a human is in the uterus doesn't change the steps taken to remove it.
The physician weeps throughout the procedure when there's a baaabyyy in there. That's the difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The West is compassionate 18 min Americans and Ge... 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Dudley 64,116
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 1 hr Dudley 5,714
Jesse Rishel Threatened by Freemasons with huma... 2 hr Jesse Rishel 3
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 3 hr Maude 20,343
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 3 hr THrilLa 3,172
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 3 hr THrilLa 1,589
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 4 hr Paul Yanks 341,826
jets talk back (Dec '07) 4 hr Paul Yanks 15,171
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 5 hr jimi-yank 7,143

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages