Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310478 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

No Relativism

Belleville, IL

#266187 Nov 25, 2012
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, whats a matter there pixie dust. Your phony religion has you all angry and jealous of real Faith.
You better stick to your magic robes, dragon spells and wizard wands.
TomTom: You better stick to your magic robes, dragon spells and wizard wands.
______

I dunno, you may've just caused CPeter to have impure thoughts when mentioning Kathwynn's wizard wand.

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

#266188 Nov 25, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I made a very accurate and concise statement: Blacks were considered 3/5 persons.
It is you who wants to mimize this fact. Either you are racist, or you like to make excuses for unjust situations.
A broken clock can be wrong all day long, and it can claim to be accurate. I won't waste time arguing about simple historical fact.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#266189 Nov 25, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I made a very accurate and concise statement: Blacks were considered 3/5 persons.
It is you who wants to mimize this fact. Either you are racist, or you like to make excuses for unjust situations.
no you just keep making the same stupid mistakes that you always make. you think it must be one way and that is it.

That pesky reality just keeps getting in your way.. I say GOOD!

Jonesboro AR

#266190 Nov 25, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
TomTom: You better stick to your magic robes, dragon spells and wizard wands.
______
I dunno, you may've just caused CPeter to have impure thoughts when mentioning Kathwynn's wizard wand.
You really are an idiot. So now I am soppussed to be what?? Offended that you a fool has made a homophobic post.. Oh wait I just laugh in your fool face..
Googleicious

Syracuse, NY

#266192 Nov 25, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
:Sigh:
Were blacks considered 3/5 persons? Yes or no?
Yes.
Yes they were.
Next..........
No, they were not.

Do you think if you keep regurgitating your revisionist history, it will actually remake history in your image?
Googleicious

Syracuse, NY

#266193 Nov 25, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo: "I misspoke about something I wrote about OVER TWO YEARS AGO regarding her age."
You also misspoke about me being a "lying sack of shit" regarding your quote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
You "misspeak" a lot. Sounds like your definition of "misspoke" is the same as lying.
You did change her quote in your original posting. Pot, meet kettle. It appears as if revisionist history also applies to you.
Googleicious

Syracuse, NY

#266194 Nov 25, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
As has been proven, you are NOT stating fact. Blacks were NOT considered 3/5th persons.
Googleicious

Syracuse, NY

#266195 Nov 25, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bringing up a poster's lack of credibility has relevance & merit in ANY Topix Forum. Wouldn't you agree? Yes or no?
Absolutely. And given if a poll was taken, I'd venture to say that Lilrabbit has more credibility than YOU have here or on ANY Topix forum.

What say you posters?
Googleicious

Syracuse, NY

#266196 Nov 25, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bringing up a poster's lack of credibility has relevance & merit in ANY Topix Forum. Wouldn't you agree? Yes or no?
And speaking of a lack of credibiity -->>
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
(Bitner likes butter & bacon sandwiches)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#266197 Nov 25, 2012
HUSKER wrote:
<quoted text> You really don't know , how sad. Do some research on Tolkien.
Yeah, I'll jump right on researching Tolkien. Cuz you say so.
HUSKER

Muscotah, KS

#266198 Nov 25, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you dont, given you don't even know its actual title. The Hobbit is only a subtitle. Its one of the best modern fantasy novels ever written for children.
Set in a time "Between the Dawn of Færie and the Dominion of Men",[1] The Hobbit follows the quest of home-loving hobbit Bilbo Baggins to win a share of the treasure guarded by the dragon, Smaug. Bilbo's journey takes him from light-hearted, rural surroundings into more sinister territory.[2] The story is told in the form of an episodic quest, and most chapters introduce a specific creature, or type of creature, of Tolkien's Wilderland. By accepting the disreputable, romantic, fey and adventurous side of his nature and applying his wits and common sense, Bilbo gains a new level of maturity, competence and wisdom.[3] The story reaches its climax in the Battle of Five Armies, where many of the characters and creatures from earlier chapters re-emerge to engage in conflict.
Personal growth and forms of heroism are central themes of the story. Along with motifs of warfare, these themes have led critics to cite Tolkien's own experiences during World War I as instrumental in shaping the story. The author's scholarly knowledge of Anglo-Saxon literature and interest in fairy tales are also often noted as influences.
Its all about Christianity/Catholicism, Tolkien was a very devout Catholic.

Jonesboro AR

#266199 Nov 25, 2012
HUSKER wrote:
<quoted text> You really don't know , how sad. Do some research on Tolkien.
I'll pass what ever fool point you want to make. Is probably laughable any ways..

By the way J. R. R. Tolkien would have found your fanaticism to be despicable and abhorrent.
HUSKER

Muscotah, KS

#266200 Nov 25, 2012
# A Catholic Core

The Lord of the Rings is also Catholic.

# Tere are sacraments not symbols. For their journey, Galadriel graciously bestows upon the Fellowship — a representation of the church — seven mystical gifts; no mere symbols these, but glimmering reflections of the Church's seven sacraments — the conveying of spiritual grace through temporal rites. And at her Mirror, Galadriel derides the Reformers' taunt of Eucharistic magic in the Mass when she says: "For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same words for the deceits of the enemy." (353)

# As grace and creation is experienced through a sacrament, so control and destruction is experienced through an anti-sacrament — the One Ring. The ring that Frodo bears is not symbolic, but rather operates as an anti-sacrament. Dependent on a person's spiritual disosition, a sacrament literally allows grace and life to flow into a person through the physical realm. Likewise in Middle-earth, the characters' spiritual disposition makes them more or less susceptible to the anti-sacrament power of the ring, which if worn, literally brings evil and destruction upon the bearer.

# The protagonists pursue absolutes, rejecting any willingness to compromise or relativize. In Middle-earth there is an absoluteness of what is right and wrong. There is no hint of moral relativism that separates the different peoples, races, or creators of the freelands. Aragorn says to Ã?omer: "Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among men." (428)

# The protagonists embrace suffering as a requirement of working out their salvation. It isn't enough to simply believe or have faith To be free of the tyranny of evil each of our protagonists must sacrifice, and work hard through great peril to secure their salvation and the right ordering of their world.

# The Shire, described as the ideal community, reflects the social teachings of Catholicism. The Hobbits benefit from a community structure with little formal organization and less conflict. They work only enough to survive and otherwise enjoy each other's company. There is no jealousy, no greed, and rarely does anyone do anything unexpected. There is a wholeness and graciousness about it that seems to come naturally out of selflessness.

# Middle-earth ideology reflects a corporate moral hierarchy and not individualism. There is no democracy or republic in Middle-earth. There are spiritual leaders like Gandalf, and Kings like Theoden and Elessar with lords and vassals. There is no defense of individualism, no claim of choice, and no justification for an individual to follow his conscience.

# There is a mystical Lady, like The Blessed Mother, who responds miraculously to pleas for help. The Lady is named Varda (or in Elvish, Elbereth or star-queen) and although she is never seen, she's is described as holy and queenly; and when her name is invoked — "O Elbereth! Gilthoniel!— as Frodo and Sam do onoccasion, miracles follow that protect the quest and defeat the present enemy.

# The sign of the cross. At the end of the first movie (and the beginning of the second book) Aragorn kneels beside the mortally wounded Boromir — and as he dies, Aragorn makes a rudimentary sign of the cross touching first his forehead and then his lips. It is a salute to Ilúvatar, the One who created all.

# There is a last sharing of cup and bread, not unlike O.T. manna and its fulfillment in The Eucharist. Before the Fellowship departs from Lórien, Galadriel bids each to participate in a farewell ritual and drink from a common cup. More significant is the mystical Elvish food given to the fellowship — lembas or waybread. A small amount of this supernatural nourishment will sustain a traveler fo many days.
HUSKER

Muscotah, KS

#266201 Nov 25, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'll jump right on researching Tolkien. Cuz you say so.
# Gandalf, the steward of all things good in the world, reflects the papacy. Gandalf is leader of the free and faithful. He is steward of all things good in the world, but he claims rule over no land. As the Popes of history di with kings and emperors of our world, so Gandalf crowns the king and blesses him to rule with justice and peace.
HUSKER

Muscotah, KS

#266202 Nov 25, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
(Bitner likes butter & bacon sandwiches)
Oh YES SHE DOES!!!!!!!!!! And she has to have it on white dollar store brand bead.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#266203 Nov 25, 2012
Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A broken clock can be wrong all day long, and it can claim to be accurate. I won't waste time arguing about simple historical fact.
Here's the yes/no question for you to answer again.

Were blacks considered 3/5 persons?

Yes or no?

(Mr. Rogers would be disappointed in your OCD exhibition)
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#266204 Nov 25, 2012
HUSKER wrote:
<quoted text>Oh YES SHE DOES!!!!!!!!!! And she has to have it on white dollar store brand bead.
HUSKER: And Bitner has to have it on white dollar store brand bread.

LMAO!
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#266205 Nov 25, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
You did change her quote in your original posting. Pot, meet kettle. It appears as if revisionist history also applies to you.
You are clearly dense.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#266206 Nov 25, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they were not.
Do you think if you keep regurgitating your revisionist history, it will actually remake history in your image?
* BUZZ *

Wrong again.

Damn you're dumb.

You haven't posted one accurate point all day.

Special Ed.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#266207 Nov 25, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
As has been proven, you are NOT stating fact. Blacks were NOT considered 3/5th persons.
* BUZZ *

* AGAIN *

Go back to Topix B-league.

You're making a fool out of yourself.

Again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 16 min jimi-yank 36,874
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min Into The Night 54,510
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr Mets fan 320,599
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Trunketeer 10,866
al notso sharpton off the air 1 hr BS Detector 6
New HE clothes washing machines suck 2 hr Liberal mom 2
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 2 hr Sew2014 12,440
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 4 hr Guinness Drinker 6,409
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages