Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310327 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#266043 Nov 24, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner: I said nothing about "Homo Sapiens".
A Homo Sapien is the Latin translation for a human (synonym for human being).
YOU said a human is a religious/philisophical term.
I just proved you wrong.
Again.
No, you proved yourself wrong. I've been saying "human", not "Homo Sapiens". Obviously, you've got me confused with someone else.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#266044 Nov 24, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick question:
Can someone be authentically against terrorism, while at the same time support al Qaeda's CHOICE to engage in terrorist acts?
Yes or no?
You're comparing apples to oranges.

Terrorist acts are an infringement on the rights of others. Also, illegal in this country. A woman making her own choice regarding her own pregnancy, is neither.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#266045 Nov 24, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner: I said nothing about "Homo Sapiens".
A Homo Sapien is the Latin translation for a human (synonym for human being).
YOU said a human is a religious/philisophical term.
I just proved you wrong.
Again.
And no, I did not say "human" is a religious/philosophical term. I said "human being" is.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#266046 Nov 24, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk, tsk.....don't change Bitner's "Human" (noun) into an adjective, dear.
"Personhood" is subjective. Homo-sapien (a human) is a biological fact.
You lose.
Again.
No, I win. I have the power to decide what to do about my pregnancies. Do you?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#266047 Nov 24, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I understand what "subjective" means.
Intentionally killing another innocent human being for subjective reasons will get you life in prison.
True, but I can kill the fetus in my uterus and there's nothing you can do about it. A fetus isn't a human being, yet. It's just a human organism. Tough shit, pal.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#266048 Nov 24, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And no, I did not say "human" is a religious/philosophical term. I said "human being" is.
That boy is suffering from a ginormous case of uterus envy. Hilarious.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#266049 Nov 24, 2012
The RCC's only interest is in protecting the church. Children are expendible. Once they exit the womb, of course.
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Bravo!!
I see something dragged the carrion back into the forum, and Lynne is in her glory as she thinks she has a playmate back. What worthless pieces of shit they both are.
I wonder how happy is that pretty much ALL of his predictions went down the sewer with him, after all, its good company for him.
More and more states are passing SSM laws, Obamacare is going forward and the world ISN'T ending. Go figure.
chip...chip...chip....
BTW, did you see this latest in the saga of the RCC's ignoring the molestation of children? This one may be the worst in history (so far...)
http://www.montrealgazette.com/literacy/raise...
Given the RCC took NO ACTION against Murphy, the one priest that molested over 200 children in his years in the RCC - it will be interesting to see if they ignore this too.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#266050 Nov 24, 2012
Fantasizing about naked men again?
HUSKER wrote:
<quoted text> Time for kathyboi to go sky clad.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#266051 Nov 24, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you proved yourself wrong.. Obviously, you've got me confused with someone else.
Bitner: I've been saying "human", not "Homo Sapiens"

They are the same thing. English & Latin translations don't change the meaning.

No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#266052 Nov 24, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>True, but I can kill the fetus in my uterus and there's nothing you can do about it. A fetus isn't a human being, yet. It's just a human organism. Tough shit, pal.
What is a "Human organism."

That's a new one.

Do you mean a human (synonym for human being)?

Please explain.....

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#266053 Nov 24, 2012
So if they got sentenced to 10 years in jail, they only served 6?

You are such a freaking idiot.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed to address the actual point of personhood being subjective...and the historical (& contemporary) deadly results.
Blacks were considered 3/5 persons. Yes or no? Yes. "But they were considered 3/5 persons for taxation and representation!" Answer is still yes: They were considered 3/5 persons.
Next..........

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#266054 Nov 24, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I said nothing about "Homo Sapiens". What ARE you babbling about?
If any one can figure that out. It would be a first.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#266055 Nov 24, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No, I win. I have the power to decide what to do about my pregnancies. Do you?
Elise In Burque: "I have the power to decide what to do about my pregnancies."

I see. Dismembering & executing a small, defenseless human being in utero is about "power" to you.

(Pick on someone your own size if it's power that gets you off)
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#266056 Nov 24, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're comparing apples to oranges.
Terrorist acts are an infringement on the rights of others. Also, illegal in this country. A woman making her own choice regarding her own pregnancy, is neither.
I'm not comparing anything. I just asked a simple question.
Here it is again:

Can someone be authentically against terrorism, while at the same time support al Qaeda's CHOICE to engage in terrorist acts?

Yes or no?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#266057 Nov 24, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That boy is suffering from a ginormous case of uterus envy. Hilarious.
Aw....poor widdle fing! LOL.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#266058 Nov 24, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner: I've been saying "human", not "Homo Sapiens"
They are the same thing. English & Latin translations don't change the meaning.
Still didn't say Homo Sapiens, Moron.

And no, I did NOT say that "human" is a religious/philosophical term.

You were wrong on BOTH counts.

Suck it up, Buttercup.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#266059 Nov 24, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And no, I did not say "human" is a religious/philosophical term. I said "human being" is.
Bitner: I did not say "human" is a religious/philosophical term. I said "human being" is.
_____

A human and a human being are synonyms...interchangeable.

Look up "synonym" in the dictionary. Ask one of your Wiccan cricket goddesses for a thesaurus for the holidays.

For example: "Blockhead" and "Dimwit" are synonyms.

That should help you get started....
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#266060 Nov 24, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Still didn't say Homo Sapiens, Moron.
And no, I did NOT say that "human" is a religious/philosophical term.
You were wrong on BOTH counts.
Suck it up, Buttercup.
Bitner: Still didn't say Homo Sapiens, Moron. You said the English translation for Homo Sapiens.
_______

What do you have against Latin, dear? You sure like the Latin word "fetus".
________

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is."
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#266061 Nov 24, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Still didn't say Homo Sapiens, Moron.
And no, I did NOT say that "human" is a religious/philosophical term.
You were wrong on BOTH counts.
Suck it up, Buttercup.
Bitner: I didn't say Homo Sapiens. I said "human."
__________

1. Homo Sapiens - Humans
2. in memoriam - in memory (of)
3. interim - meanwhile, interval
4. item - likewise, also, although it is now used in English as a bit of information
5. memorandum - reminder
6. agenda - things to be done
7. & - et used for 'and'
8. etc.- et cetera used for 'and so forth'
9. pro and con - for and against
10. a.m.- ante meridiem, before noon
11. p.m.- post meridiem, after noon
12. ultra-- beyond
13. P.S.- post scriptum, postscript
14. quasi - as if it were
15. census - count of citizens
16. veto -'I forbid' used as a way of stopping the passage of a law.
17. per - through, by
18. sponsor - one who accepts responsibility for another

ETC ('and so forth')

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#266062 Nov 24, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not comparing anything. I just asked a simple question.
Here it is again:
Can someone be authentically against terrorism, while at the same time support al Qaeda's CHOICE to engage in terrorist acts?
Yes or no?
Yes, you were comparing. Or you were trying to. My position on reproductive choice with terrorism. You failed because the two are not comparable.

Again, suck it up, Buttercup.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 22 min jimi-yank 3,900
Time to go? 40 min Two Dogs 2,357
News Hillary Clinton delivers first presidential cam... 59 min jimi-yank 239
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 12,151
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Forrest 10,526
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr Just Saying 5,677
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr NYStateOfMind 319,244
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 hr Paul Yanks 36,362
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages