Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,545
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#262814 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yay ME you, mean, as she was merely quoting me.
She isn't that clever, hun.
I accused her of having no sense of humor. She doesn't have to create the joke, just apply it appropriately. Whadya think I am, the joke nazi? Nein, mein frau!

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#262815 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
My "UPPER CASE" was putting focus on certain words, not lambasting you, you child.
Nevertheless, consider yourself corrected, AGAIN.

Paranoid feeb.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262816 Oct 8, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text> I have a fan.
Change your name and hide.

The chick is a psycho. She's been a "fan" of mine for years now.

{{shudder}}

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#262817 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of SHE made the decision did you not understand?
"She was pregnant, and they dont know exactly what happened yet, but what IS known so far is that somehow he placeta was ripped (?) and being a religious Catholic, she refused an LTA to save her life. Now both she and the baby are dead."
Stop already, because ALL of you using her story this way are dishonoring HER CHOICE and HER BELIEFS.
ROFLMAO Like YOU aren't trying to use it to your OWN purposes Lynne?

Get a damn grip you stupid bitch. Its not like you know what went on. But then its not like you've ever let not knowing facts stop you from mouthing off before. Why should THIS be any different?

Just for some clarity, the REASON nobody really knew what happened yet is now coming out today.

My BIL and his sister are fairly recent emegrees to the United States. She was living in Texas. By the time anyone knew what was happening via a patient advocate from the hospital's call, and my BIL was able to get to her bedside, she was already in a coma.

There's some discussion now as to if she actually SAID she didn't want to be treated, or if the Catholic hospital took it upon itself to make that decision for her because there may have been a significant language barrier. She was Catholic, but its not known yet how the decision to not do an LTA came about. By the time he got there, she was already in a coma. She had nothing in writing, as nobody ever thought something like this could happen, placental abruption is apparently really rare, tho her age may have been a factor. While she was a religious Catholic, her family is having a hard time believing she made such a decision without talking to someone first, tho there MAY have not been time. There is still a sense of confusion about what exactly happened and when.

Location hidden

#262818 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
What any of you are doing is disrespecting HER CHOICES and saying SHE made the wrong choice. To HER, she didn't.
Lynne, lets get one thing clear, YOU DONT SPEAK FOR HER. You dont speak for ANYONE here and you CERTAINLY dont speak for someone you dont know, so FKOFF.

Location hidden

#262819 Oct 8, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>As long as this woman followed her own conscience, the outcome was of her own choosing - no matter how unpalatable the outcome and/or unfathomable her reasoning may be to others.
My deepest condolences to your brother in law, and to his and your families, Foo.
In theory, you're right SKL. My frustration is based on my own lack of understanding how ANYONE can believe that G-d would want them dead when a life saving procedure is available. Heck, Catholics dont believe in removal of life support for just that reason, so WHY in the hell would they condone the death and stand back and do NOTHING when a life saving procedure is available?

Again, its an example of how one can support the right of someone to make a choice, but NOT support the choice made.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#262820 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry for the loss of your parents.(I believe you said you lost your mother as well?)
I can't imagine going through that, but hopefully knowing you did the best you could, and without a directive, helped or helps you to not have any guilt about it, and one day helps you let go of 2nd guessing your decision.
Appreciate it.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262821 Oct 8, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO Like YOU aren't trying to use it to your OWN purposes Lynne?
Get a damn grip you stupid bitch. Its not like you know what went on. But then its not like you've ever let not knowing facts stop you from mouthing off before. Why should THIS be any different?
Just for some clarity, the REASON nobody really knew what happened yet is now coming out today.
My BIL and his sister are fairly recent emegrees to the United States. She was living in Texas. By the time anyone knew what was happening via a patient advocate from the hospital's call, and my BIL was able to get to her bedside, she was already in a coma.
There's some discussion now as to if she actually SAID she didn't want to be treated, or if the Catholic hospital took it upon itself to make that decision for her because there may have been a significant language barrier. She was Catholic, but its not known yet how the decision to not do an LTA came about. By the time he got there, she was already in a coma. She had nothing in writing, as nobody ever thought something like this could happen, placental abruption is apparently really rare, tho her age may have been a factor. While she was a religious Catholic, her family is having a hard time believing she made such a decision without talking to someone first, tho there MAY have not been time. There is still a sense of confusion about what exactly happened and when.
Wow, foo, this is pretty scary. I'm so sorry :(

Location hidden

#262822 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> """My BIL's sister just died this afternoon""" "
1. Your BIL 'S sister is your SIL
@@
2. She 'supposedly' died and yet you announced this like ten posts later after giggling and attacking people on topix? In fact, WHY would you be on topix if a family member died ?
Uh....yeah....we believe you @@
Tell me..was Ariel kidnapped again by any chance?
3. This woman made HER CHOICE regardless of what you control freaks don't agree. Butt out!
Skanky, fk off. Seriously. Its a shame people like her have to die and repulsive wastes of skin like you are poisoning the earth.

She was not MY family member. I met her once as I said. This is not my BIL as in J's brother, its her brothers husband's sister. And that's all the detail I'm going into about my relationship to him. But I'm sure you'll go off on some homophobic rant about it, so have at it bitch.

And I never butt in Skanky, so there's nothing to butt out of. But I did bring it up to point out that once again, something Lynne said was bullshit as usual. Its NOT safer to try to deliver than to do an LTA. Apparently, that's what caused her death when an LTA MIGHT have saved her.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262823 Oct 8, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
In theory, you're right SKL. My frustration is based on my own lack of understanding how ANYONE can believe that G-d would want them dead when a life saving procedure is available. Heck, Catholics dont believe in removal of life support for just that reason, so WHY in the hell would they condone the death and stand back and do NOTHING when a life saving procedure is available?
Again, its an example of how one can support the right of someone to make a choice, but NOT support the choice made.
Ink put up some very interesting information along these lines, Foo.

If you have a chance, check it out.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#262824 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Shaivo's wife or JM's daughter in that hypothetical have a medical directive? If not, then your comparison is null and void. No comparison. My argument is based on the examples you're using no having medical directives and their wishes written down and notarized.
<exasperated sigh>

Location hidden

#262825 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> And they wonder WHY they are referred to as proabortion.
@@
And you wonder why you're referred to as a moron.@@

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#262826 Oct 8, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
In light of the grief her family is experiencing, I almost hesitate to say that I support her choice; but the indication that she made that choice of her own free will, speaks volumes about the faith she must have had in her interpretation of the Divine. To be free to make the choice to sacrifice herself in service to the mere possibility of the baby's life, is what freedom of choice is all about.

It is horrifically difficult to accept the death of a loved one, especially when it is also difficult to understand "WHY?"

Again, I offer my deepest condolences, and hope that peace will come to you and yours through acceptance, if not understanding.

>virtual hug<

Location hidden

#262827 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> IF indeed this is a true story then leave it to fooL to ONCE AGAIN exploit a woman.
She didnt tell about this poor womas tragic loss. She had an agenda to show her bigotry and her hypocrisy while using her and her "babys" death.
She is a monster.
No, I brought it up to point out that Lynne's nonsense about forcing a birth is safer than an LTA. I'm not exploiting a thing, but you and Lynne certainly are trying to.

You are a moron Skanky.
corgilicious

Muscotah, KS

#262828 Oct 8, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Because according to Catholic doctrine a Catholic woman does have every right to save her own life if a pregnancy is killing her.
That's why I don't think the story is true.
ONLY IF IT IS A TUBAL PREGNANCY. Read about Saint Gianna Molla.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#262829 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you repeating that same phrase? What are you trying to prove by repeating it after every sentence, that you don't understand that statement?
<exasperated sigh>
corgilicious

Muscotah, KS

#262830 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink put up some very interesting information along these lines, Foo.
If you have a chance, check it out.
Ink is wrong. We do not believe in abortion. Ink needs to explain.

Location hidden

#262831 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oh lookie, Lynne knows she never posted her age here, but also knows she DID discuss it in email with me. I can back what I say if you weren't such a coward Lynne."
Just admit you lied, you moron. lol
Except I didn't lie Lynne, so why should I admit something I didn't do? You are in your mid to upper 50's, and within 5 years of my age - unless you lied about that too, and are MUCH older than your pictures you sent me made you look Grandma. I even know your birthdate Aries. You REALLY want to go here?

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262832 Oct 8, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to anyone who felt wrongly included.
Thank you.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262833 Oct 8, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>In light of the grief her family is experiencing, I almost hesitate to say that I support her choice; but the indication that she made that choice of her own free will, speaks volumes about the faith she must have had in her interpretation of the Divine. To be free to make the choice to sacrifice herself in service to the mere possibility of the baby's life, is what freedom of choice is all about.
It is horrifically difficult to accept the death of a loved one, especially when it is also difficult to understand "WHY?"
Again, I offer my deepest condolences, and hope that peace will come to you and yours through acceptance, if not understanding.
>virtual hug<
Very well said.

Agreed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 10 min JETS 4 LIFE 2,909
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 40 min YANKEES 4 LIFE 307,847
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 55 min Earthling-1 46,556
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr Whiny1 9,415
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 4 hr UN Must Go 15,037
Physics for Scientists and Engineers 3rd editio... 7 hr kalvin16 6
USA and ISIS in Iraq 9 hr Maude 106
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 11 hr patchogue on the ... 10,516
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000