Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 330367 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#260377 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not part of the problem. What is the problem? Abortion is legal in all states, what is the problem? What solution are you looking for. What else could you possibly want?
Lol. Jesus help Ink, she's gonna hurt herself or someone else with that point on her head.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#260378 Sep 26, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh,you argue that one should not force someone to give birth,but yet you want to force parents to have mandatory sex education for their kids? I 'm not against sex eduction,honest,but do you know hoe this sounds?
OL, to me it sounds like the government realises that mommy and daddy simply aren't doing their job at home, and in fact, SADLY, in many cases, mommy and daddy dont KNOW about how to adequately teach it. Heck, too many of their 'offspring' are a RESULT of their lack of knowledge.

I for one am for manditory sex education. In Maryland, some counties are making it a requirement for graduation. As a result, in Montgomery county for example, the rate of teen pregnancy has dropped in some areas by 40%.

To me, if parents dont want their kids to participate, then THEY should be 100% financially responsible for their kid having kids, rather than the taxpayers having to foot the bill.

Location hidden

#260379 Sep 26, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Such an authoritative source!
So, when someone says a woman has a bun in the oven, she's a bakery?
<quoted text>
lol

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#260380 Sep 26, 2012
My mom had 8 births and two miscarriages. She doesn't consider the latter to be "children". She considers them lost pregnancies.

She once said that anyone who considers a miscarriage to be the same as losing a child has never lost a born child.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I often hear mothers refer to the number of children they have and will often say that miscarried one. They do consider that lost child, their child.

Location hidden

#260381 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We have had 285 soldiers killed by Afghan comtemporaries this year. Tell me about the 'rogue soldiers'.
The help they need to get out of a situation were they can't trust the guy beside them.
Hey, stupid! Look up the term "rogue soldier." Do some research, for once, lazy ass.

Indianapolis

#260382 Sep 26, 2012
Not everyone considers a fetus to be an unborn baby. The egg came from the woman; the sperm came from a man. People become parents (mothers and fathers) after the birth, if there is one.

I personally would not consider myself a mother in that scenario since I don't have a uterus. Remember?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So who is the mother of the unborn baby in yor uterus, if not you? He/she has a father too.

Location hidden

#260383 Sep 26, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should say that, because "person" is purely a legal term too. If you people can throw in that the fetus isn't a "person", then pro-lifer's surely can throw in that abortion is "murder".
A fetus is a separate human life, the woman's biological child in utero, and elective abortion,(not spontaneous), is the intentional killing of that human life/woman's biological child in utero. That's a fact of life, and no legality changes that fact.
Person is also a philosophical term. We all know that you are abysmally ignorant on that study. Killing is not always murder. Abortion is not murder. It is killing. No one is denying that. What are you upset about?

Indianapolis

#260384 Sep 26, 2012
When I was in school, we took health class, which covered all the body systems, including a very small amount of info on sex. I see no difference between learning how to eat properly and learning how to have safe sex. It's not recommending that they have sex, but it is arming them with knowledge if they choose to do so. There are still people out there--including adults--who think you can't get pregnant on your first time, or during menstruation. We need to teach the biology of sex and prophylaxis.
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Afternoon to you,LC
Mandatory with exceptions? I'm not sure if a only reason would be religion. Should they lie?
I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, honest,but who's to blame if BC fails,or they just don't bother,to use it?
If I was young again,I'd be scared to death to have sex unless,the guy wore a condom,or even doubled up on them(a little humor)than I'd still be iffy. Aids would scare the hebee-geebies out of me. Parents need to talk to their kids,but making it mandatory,to take it in school,I really don't know.
One more thing while I'm thinking,(I don't do that often,think)not every kid is on the same maturity level is ready for this sort of education at the same time,what age should it start? I talked to my kids starting at 9,not in detail mind you,they started asking questions.

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#260385 Sep 26, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, stupid! Look up the term "rogue soldier." Do some research, for once, lazy ass.
Here, elise, maybe this will help Ink.

"Between tours of duty, the soldier who murdered 16 Afghans was stationed at Lewis-McChord in Washington state, an Army base with a lengthy history of murder, suicide, domestic abuse, and mental instability among its personnel."
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03...
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#260386 Sep 26, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
A mother i a woman who has given birth. Abortion is not giving birth. You PLM love to rape the english language to make the most idiotic of points.
<quoted text>
So I guess fooL isnt a mother then because she didnt give birth?

Indianapolis

#260387 Sep 26, 2012
I do not.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a dead baby and someone killed it.

Location hidden

#260388 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
From the OLd and New Testaments
1. In the Old Testament the Lord told Israel "Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations." (Ezek. 14:6)
2. Peter in Acts 3:19 said, "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord."
Repenet means to regret. She said she doesn't regret the abortion because she is pro choice and believes abortion is not wrong.
The Catholic Church believes abortion is wrong.
AGAIN for the stupid Ink: YOUR claim was that Jesus "demands regret".

Both of these passages demand REPENTANCE. They say NOTHING about regret. One can certainly repent without regret.

Sorry. You failed. Try again.

Or you can admit you were wrong and move on.

OR you can continue to be a judgemental jackass.

Location hidden

#260389 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>

The Catholic Church believes abortion is wrong.
REALLY??? No shit Inkstain? My G-d HOLD THE PRESSES!! NOBODY would have guessed!!

@@ You moron.

Indianapolis

#260390 Sep 26, 2012
You are ignoring a very real (and acknowledged) problem--PTSD and its effect on returning soldiers. The fact is that many returnees are having great difficulty dealing with the stresses of everyday life, and are reacting with violence.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised to see you write this comment. It shows your callousness to the nth degree.
You do realize that our boys are being blown to smithereens by Afghan soldiers and police that the Americans are training.They are comming home in boxes trying to help another peoples.
"Rogue soldiers" indeed. You should be very ashamed of yourself but I don't you have any shame. God help us.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#260391 Sep 26, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>There is no inconsistency. Women cannot just decide in the third trimester to abort. In some states it's for life and health, some states restrict even that. Idk why the question even comes up.
I want to know why you people agree with our law that restricts her choices(FORCES her to gestate an unwanted child).

A woman could be.married and.pregnant and have her husband leave her. She might want to kill his child because she wants nothing to do with him or their child.

If you were truly prochoice, youd support her killing her unwanted child when SHE hoosesnto. How dare you FORCE her to gestate this unwanted non-entity,parasite young 'un. She will abuse and kill him/her after birth because he/she wasnt wanted, right?

Indianapolis

#260392 Sep 26, 2012
Any voice the fetus has is through the woman carrying it.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman has a voice. The baby doesn't.

Location hidden

#260393 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
That doesn't sound regretful to you?
He didn't say Father I have sinned against heaven but 'I don't regret' it so take me back anyway.
Sounds like he's sorry. Sorrow and regret are NOT mutually exclusive.

YOUR claim was that Jesus "demands regret". Clearly he does not.

Location hidden

#260394 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a hypothetical there was no real couple. I made it up. Please try to follow.
Yes, I'm keeping up that you're making an idiot of yourself again.

Hypothetically, its STILL none of your business.

Please try to follow that NONE of these issues are any of your business. And THAT is NOT hypothetical, its fact.

Indianapolis

#260395 Sep 26, 2012
They can call them mares and stallions; it's no more accurate. It's like politicians calling their fellows "ladies and gentlemen" when they clearly are not.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go to a parenting class while you are pregnant, they call the pregnant women MOMS and the husbands DADS.
Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Location hidden

#260396 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are totally nuts.
No, what's nuts is you making the 100% bullshit claim:
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe that life begins at conception and that abortion is murder, therefore no Catholic woman could have an abortion unless of course she doesn't believe any of her Catholic teachings anymore and has turned her back on Christ.
Followed by they hypocritical comment:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think everyone can look back on their lives and finds things that were hard or even devastating and later realized that they were blessings in disguise.
What's NUTS Inkstain, is that you attacked someone relentlessly for days - someone you dont even know and have NO idea what her story is - when she FACTUALLY told you that your blanket statement was complete garbage, but then make that second statement after your petty little bullshit days long attacks on her.

I said and maintain you couldn't find the Christian charity in you to say the same thing to HER when you CLAIM to be a "chrisitan". Instead you attacked her. THAT IS NUTS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 9 min NYStateOfMind 343,203
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 18 min De Oppresso Liber 6,677
Good for Fergie 48 min ThomasA 2
Need Help With College Expenses 1 hr Charlie Pharaoh 3
jets talk back (Dec '07) 3 hr jimi-yank 15,695
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 hr jimi-yank 46,398
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 5 hr save your souls 8,701

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages