Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316300 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#260006 Sep 25, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong fucwit. Jesus did not forbid judging but only said that the means by which you judge, are the means by which you too will be judged.
Wrong again coward. Stop relying on google.
Stop relying on a 2000 year old book of heresay.
yakalot

United States

#260007 Sep 25, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
I've been waiting for one of you to pick up on that.
Oh, you mean there's been a CHANGE in a sacrament? Hmmm...I believe I noted that already, and the catholic squad got all huffy.
<quoted text>
There wasn't a change in the Holy Sacrament. Again, you know nothing of the Church and Her history.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#260008 Sep 25, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She put it out there. What does an agnostic actually believe?
Research it yourself you lazy hippo.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#260009 Sep 25, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Painfully "stupid" and bitter.
:)
Too true :)

How are you today, LC?

It's so beautiful today. I'm so glad Fall is here, haven't had that awful humidity. I'm getting too old for heat indexes of over 100, lol. I love anytime I can open up the windows, and let the fresh air in.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#260010 Sep 25, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Get caught with your hands in your pants?
LOL!!

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#260011 Sep 25, 2012
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion, much like adoption, is totally unnecessary for me. I enjoyed being pregnant, I like being a mother, I wouldn't mind raising another child and because of that, there is no reason for me to choose abortion nor give up a child for adoption.
I truly fail to see what's so hard to understand about that. I've explained my reason, ad nauseum. There's no reason to feel I've been dishonest or elusive when I've stated my reason quite clearly and quite concisely. You're not keen on my answer and that's cool. However, to claim that I did not answer the question, I did not explain myself or was dishonest in my answer is a falsity. I hope you have a good day.
He's also too lazy to go back and see your exhaustive replies to these very questions, M. He prefers to harass you incessantly, and lie about your not being honest.

Lest we forget he is a person who advocates for forcing women/girls to gestate rape-induced pregnancies against their will, even in cases of incest.

Treating women abusively is clearly a common practice for him.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#260012 Sep 25, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a hypocrite and nothing more.
Oh, she's more alright. She's deliberately obtuse and dishonest, and rather dull-witted, to boot.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#260013 Sep 25, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, she's more alright. She's deliberately obtuse and dishonest, and rather dull-witted, to boot.
I'm just going to call her a hippo from now on.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#260014 Sep 25, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically He/She only gets credit for the good things that happen in nature?
"God blessed us with this wonderful child"
"God blessed our daughter with this amazing talent"
"God blessed..."
He's delusional.

Either everything is of G-d or nothing is of G-d. We don't get to cherry-pick the things we want G-d to be responsible for. That's sheer lunacy.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#260015 Sep 25, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo! Isn't it a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood...:-)
Please get me up to speed. What's been happening here?
Sorry darling, I have no idea - I've been absent from this sandbox for weeks now, and just jumped in on my last bookmark. We can play catch-up together if you like......

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#260016 Sep 25, 2012
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion, much like adoption, is totally unnecessary for me. I enjoyed being pregnant, I like being a mother, I wouldn't mind raising another child and because of that, there is no reason for me to choose abortion nor give up a child for adoption.
I truly fail to see what's so hard to understand about that. I've explained my reason, ad nauseum. There's no reason to feel I've been dishonest or elusive when I've stated my reason quite clearly and quite concisely. You're not keen on my answer and that's cool. However, to claim that I did not answer the question, I did not explain myself or was dishonest in my answer is a falsity. I hope you have a good day.
I adore your sang froid, and commend your aplomb, in this situation.

yakalot

United States

#260017 Sep 25, 2012

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#260018 Sep 25, 2012
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>

It's painfully obvious he kept nudging you to admit abortion is evil. Why accept your reasons for being personally against abortion? You've got to be harboring the "right" reasons to reject abortion and if he could just get you to admit it ... well it'd stroke his ego long enough to last a day or so. Y'know?
yakalot

United States

#260019 Sep 25, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
Regretfully, reported. Your violent anti-Catholic terrorism must be ended by the moderators.
She gets more vole than Chicky yet she is never banned. I wonder if her girlfriend is a moderator because she gets away with a lot.

Location hidden

#260020 Sep 25, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Too true :)
How are you today, LC?
It's so beautiful today. I'm so glad Fall is here, haven't had that awful humidity. I'm getting too old for heat indexes of over 100, lol. I love anytime I can open up the windows, and let the fresh air in.
Am good Bit, you?

Rain here for most of the day. We've had the house opened up for a couple of weeks now. Chilly enough at night that we close most of them at sunset. We had a record low yesterday morn of 34.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#260021 Sep 25, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Right? There are many that suggest separate but equal - but how can that possible work? It's her body, her risks, her life - the fetus is along for the ride and hopefully all works out for a happy ending. But if wishes were horses...
Sigh..you know Age,I would love to see no need for abortion at anytime,especially for women who can't afford to raise their child,or who are not ready for the task,because of what ever reason.
As we look at this, Brown v. Board of Education (347 U.S. 483 (1954)) overruled Plessy v. Ferguson (163 U.S. 537 (1896) with regards to the 'separate but equal' doctrine.
Now comes Casey,the US Supreme Court went with stare decisis as the basis for their decision, I think,they thought,they should only change the law when society and,or legal philosophy had changed. In Casey,here comes the undue burden change. State may enact regulations to further the health and safety of a woman seeking an abortion, as long as the regulation does not impose an undue burden. No one knows,what the heck, the courts undue burden really means. It's a guess at best,so a case by case basis,is implied. As Bit, put it not,enough abortion clinics,no money to get one,would be fine example of undue burden. I agree,this would most likely stop someone from having an abortion,but this isn't black and white, either. Both sides are scared as hell of this. The case of Jennie Linn McCormack really got under my skin,unable to find the exact time she aborted,the closest I can find is 19-21 weeks,still not viable,but pretty damn close. As someone pro-life,my emotions got the best of me. Just as the Gosnell case got under my skin,not only because of the deaths he caused to women,but the women going along with it,well past viability. I'm sure this post will get negative results,and I'll gladly be judged a nut job,and clueless. There will never be a middle to this,because folks don't want a middle,not on this board, anyway. As my mother put it,give someone an inch and they'll take a mile,so true of both sides.

Location hidden

#260022 Sep 25, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
He's delusional.
Either everything is of G-d or nothing is of G-d. We don't get to cherry-pick the things we want G-d to be responsible for. That's sheer lunacy.
Seems to be quite the double standard...

Location hidden

#260023 Sep 25, 2012
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Michelle! You more so than anyone always explain yourself in depth. Also, you (and Bit comes to mind) have the patiences of a Saint.:)

Location hidden

#260024 Sep 25, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's painfully obvious he kept nudging you to admit abortion is evil. Why accept your reasons for being personally against abortion? You've got to be harboring the "right" reasons to reject abortion and if he could just get you to admit it ... well it'd stroke his ego long enough to last a day or so. Y'know?
I should have included you in my above post, Katie.:)

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#260025 Sep 25, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh..you know Age,I would love to see no need for abortion at anytime,especially for women who can't afford to raise their child,or who are not ready for the task,because of what ever reason.
As we look at this, Brown v. Board of Education (347 U.S. 483 (1954)) overruled Plessy v. Ferguson (163 U.S. 537 (1896) with regards to the 'separate but equal' doctrine.
Now comes Casey,the US Supreme Court went with stare decisis as the basis for their decision, I think,they thought,they should only change the law when society and,or legal philosophy had changed. In Casey,here comes the undue burden change. State may enact regulations to further the health and safety of a woman seeking an abortion, as long as the regulation does not impose an undue burden. No one knows,what the heck, the courts undue burden really means. It's a guess at best,so a case by case basis,is implied. As Bit, put it not,enough abortion clinics,no money to get one,would be fine example of undue burden. I agree,this would most likely stop someone from having an abortion,but this isn't black and white, either. Both sides are scared as hell of this. The case of Jennie Linn McCormack really got under my skin,unable to find the exact time she aborted,the closest I can find is 19-21 weeks,still not viable,but pretty damn close. As someone pro-life,my emotions got the best of me. Just as the Gosnell case got under my skin,not only because of the deaths he caused to women,but the women going along with it,well past viability. I'm sure this post will get negative results,and I'll gladly be judged a nut job,and clueless. There will never be a middle to this,because folks don't want a middle,not on this board, anyway. As my mother put it,give someone an inch and they'll take a mile,so true of both sides.
You and I are not so far apart with our perspectives on abortion, OL. However, I do disagree on one part. There is already a middle ground regarding abortion. And that is one pregnant woman at a time deciding for herself to remain pregnant or not. Nobody else is legally able to force or coerce a woman to remain pregnant or abort against her will as things currently stand (less overly restrictive, unnecessary state laws designed to prohibit abortion by "allowing" women to change their mind and remain pregnant).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carrie Toletedt Best Banker In America..Wells F... 25 min PlottmasterAM 1
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 27 min Guinness Drinker 4,779
Wassermann Shultz DNC Pakistan treasonous Collu... 34 min Plotts 1
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 1 hr Minister of Infor... 3,046
Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Coming! (Jan '11) 1 hr Minister of Infor... 2,268
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 1 hr No Fiction 1,512
Margate NJ Zionist Mass murder Capitol of the w... (May '16) 1 hr PlottmasterAM 31

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages