Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 321982 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#259307 Sep 21, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No one is obligated to give you any more explanation than what they want to give. It is just not what Michelle would want to do. Why do you need to know more?
If everyone only posted what they were obligated to this forum would be 12000 blank pages.....except maybe for your nursing yarns.

There's a reason abortion would not be the "right" choice for Michelle. Her refusal to explain why speaks volumes.

“Game on !”

nyc

#259309 Sep 21, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're free to BELIEVE whatever nonsense you want.
http://www.imnotsorry.net
Thanks chief !

Giddy-up....

“Game on !”

nyc

#259310 Sep 21, 2012
Junket wrote:
By accident, I stumbled on this 1978 SNL clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =H3t-DuN8t6UXX
Nothing is new in this debate. If you don't want an abortion, don't. How simple is that to understand?
You're right.....nothing IS new. And that " if you don't want an abortion don't have one" logic heads the list of things that are so old they have mold.
That logic is simple to understand only to those who can't or don't want to grasp the concept of caring for something or someone other than yourself. If you believe that abortion is the taking of an innocent human life then it is simply NOT possible to sit back and say it is OK if i simply don't have one myself.
How simple is THAT to understand ?

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#259311 Sep 21, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right.....nothing IS new. And that " if you don't want an abortion don't have one" logic heads the list of things that are so old they have mold.
That logic is simple to understand only to those who can't or don't want to grasp the concept of caring for something or someone other than yourself. If you believe that abortion is the taking of an innocent human life then it is simply NOT possible to sit back and say it is OK if i simply don't have one myself.
Doc, do you care about the woman (stranger) that shelters the fetus? Yes or no.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#259312 Sep 21, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
ISupporting the fact that we all have more choices other than giving birth if we're going to have unprotected sex is "OK". How do you propose birth be forced? Whatever you suggest isn't going to be "OK".

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#259313 Sep 21, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is not a philosophical question. It is a scientific one. There is no dispute of the existence of a distinct and developing human life. The man-established point(s) at which that life is considered to be a "person" or a "human being"...or when it is considered to have value or be worthy of protection is what is philosophical.
You are wrong again coward. You're on real fuckin roll here.
Not in the context Cpeter is referring to. How we live life is philosophical. The commandments were written because of the way they were living life and to (re)establish a convenant. They had nothing to do with abortion.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#259314 Sep 21, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in no position to lecture a Catholic on being a Catholic, pagan!
Knutbar is no Catholic.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#259315 Sep 21, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
J, I'm guessing that his answer will be yes? But IMO not as much as the fetus?

Location hidden

#259316 Sep 21, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep reporting me but I will never stop exposing you proabort pagans.
ROFLMAO! Who would bother reporting YOU?? You're great comic relief here!
I will continue to speak out for the millions of unborn children slaughtered every year.
LOLOLOL!! Oh Tommy, you dont speak for ANYONE or ANYTHING but what the delusional voices in your head tell you to say. Disgusting as that is....
You really disappoint me, as I though you were making a change in your ways. I now feel sorry for you.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!**s aying in my best Carol Burnett southern twang** Oh MYYYYYYYYY, whatEVER shall ah DOOOOO?

“Game on !”

nyc

#259317 Sep 21, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So? She's as entitled to her belief as anyone. The difference is that she is not trying to have those beliefs legislated so that others have to follow them.
All of our laws stem from someone's dogma or personal belief ya dope ya.

Blessed Pedro Borbon.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#259318 Sep 21, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> did you seriously just resort to a lame insult ~nasty nana
LMAOOOOOOO see what a joke you are?
There's no need to be jealous Sassy, quick wit and charm are just a part of my attributes, there there dear, dry your eyes.
Joke, it's all on you my dear. giggle

Location hidden

#259319 Sep 21, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if you believe they're not guilt ridden they could also be nitwitted pro choicer plants who never had an abortion at all. Not beyond the realm of possibility. When it comes to retaining that precious right to kill, they've shown they're not above anything.
Either way the site proves nothing.
Actually, it proves that some of you will say and invent anything, no matter how foolish, in misguided and fairly lame attempts to discredit anyone that feels differently than you do.

You DO understand that the same thing can be said for every freak that claims they still feel debilitating guilt after dozens of years after having an abortion, right?

The REALITY is that while many likely DO still feel guilt, an equal amount, or more, DONT. We can collectively try to belittle the other all we want, but that doesn't change the FACT that many of these women on both sides not only feel or DONT feel guilt or regret, that they will often want to share their stories.

“Nasty Nana”

Location hidden

#259320 Sep 21, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> GOOOOOOD COMEBACK LOLOL
*smoochies*
Goodnight now!
It's okay honey, saying Gute Nacht and admitting defeat is a wise move. Not surprising in the slightest. You make practice of harassing people than hiding with your tail between your legs, it goes well with your horns you fail to hide.
a voter

Saint Augustine, FL

#259321 Sep 21, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simple as... what decision you'd have someone else make for you concerning your body and health? Men get to have children through consentual sex, women don't always get a choice. Only women can be raped and end up carrying an unwanted pregnancy.

The thing is many people don't believe aborting a pregnancy is the same as taking a life, no matter how many times you tell them they should.

Some people equate a fertilized egg to a neonate, others don't, and it doesn't give one person the right to tell someone else they must. It's really a personal belief a person has to form based on their view of science and/or religion as to when life actually begins. Not all people believe that conception is the be all and end all of the definition of life. That's a religiously based definition that not all people agree on. 25% of pregnancies wouldn't end in miscarriage if it were only that simple.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#259322 Sep 21, 2012
Junket wrote:
By accident, I stumbled on this 1978 SNL clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =H3t-DuN8t6UXX
Nothing is new in this debate. If you don't want an abortion, don't. How simple is that to understand?
Good morning, you little ray of sunshine, you.

:)

Location hidden

#259323 Sep 21, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I didn't write that at all, although I knew you or one of the other anti-choice imbeciles here would make that false accusation.
I posted that link and the exact words of the post to show that contrary to the anti-choice MYTH that "mothers never regret having their children," there are many women who DO regret becoming mothers at all. Sorry to disappoint you, goofy (not really), I'm not one of them.
http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/694465/I...
Take a look here too Ocean. YOU will appreciate it, even if others will pretend it doesn't happen.

http://www.aheartbreakingchoice.com/24Weeks/A...

“Game on !”

nyc

#259324 Sep 21, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I care about everyone. Even little PC scalawags who claim I have no redeeming qualities.

“Nasty Nana”

Location hidden

#259325 Sep 21, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Sweetie....you flat out lied before and now your trying to weaselyour way out and your still lying.
Googlicious: i had an abortion 20 years ago and i *dont* regret it
Googlicious : i asked for forgiveness
Googlicious: i regret the sin
Yaaaaaaaaaaawn, give it a rest already, you look like the loons that spout hell and damn nation while playing with snakes and speaking in tongues. The hypocrites leading the blind. What an utter bastardization of Christianity.
Are you one of the horrible people that silences their children when they are molested and raped by men of the cloth? Such is the case at a local "nondenominational" school, two girls are raped by staff and more were to come forward, but their parents have decided it is better to make their children suffer and feel ashamed than bring these swines to justice.
I needn't try to offend you honey, you are an abomination, my input is not necessary to make you look bad.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#259326 Sep 21, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Sorry, but when that was written, life was considered to begin at the first breath. No one considered fetuses to be alive in the same sense as a born human.
<quoted text>
Yes, and as is still practiced in some cultures around the world, if the FIRST born was a girl,the mid wives snuffed the child. It was most important to have the first born to be a male to inherit his father's holdings and be head of the family. If the woman kept bearing female babies, it was permissable to give the wife a divorce and send her on her way.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#259327 Sep 21, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
J, I'm guessing that his answer will be yes? But IMO not as much as the fetus?
LC, I'm thinking he will respond that both are equally important. Which won't fly. If a fetus is given equal consideration, the woman with the uterus - the one taking all the health risks - becomes a slave. What she wants won't matter at all. Her newly defined role is to be a vessel, whether she likes it or not.

(I had forgotten the early SNL skits. Jane, you ignorant sl*t!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 5 min jimi-yank 342,460
jets talk back (Dec '07) 15 min jimi-yank 15,401
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 1 hr Susanm 5,921
We VS We (Nov '09) 2 hr THrilLa 2,668
Another Republican Bites the Dust!! (Dec '11) 2 hr THrilLa 1,250
News Black New York legislator denounces Trump's dec... 6 hr Neighbor 12
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Dudley 64,301

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages