First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Butchering Thai Sticks

Huntington, NY

#74 Jun 23, 2009
I saw "Thai Sticks" from Huntington blo'n a caddy behind the halfway house!
SWEETS

New Hyde Park, NY

#75 Jun 23, 2009
Nick T wrote:
I never have played the black course but, I remember going sledding there when we were kids back in the 70's. Some of those hills were amazing !!
Oh yes , sledding at Bethpage .The 60's for me .
We used to drive on the bridal path .
A different world !
Deb

Floral Park, NY

#76 Jun 23, 2009
I have been to many courses throughout this country. My son was the LIGA Jr Champ a number of years ago. I went to both Opens at Bethpage. What I witnessed at the practice round Wednesday displayed the ultimate spirit of this game and event. After teeing off at 17 (during the practice round), we watched as Mickelson made his way up the fairway, As we started to move out, I noticed he had veered off to the left side of the tee area and was engaged in conversation with a fan. I believe he bent down to hug the fan before heading out to the green. It was then that I saw his target fan - a young person in a wheelchair workig through an obvious physical disability. After Phil moved on, you could see and feel the thrill of this young person having had an encounter with a famous golfer. It was one of my favorite moments spent on a golf course - and probably always will be.
He Wants Your Wallet

Hicksville, NY

#77 Jun 24, 2009
Charlie Howard wrote:
I live in Vail Co. and a good friend of mine who grew up, caddied at Bethpage and played for the Dodgers before they left Brooklyn, taught skiing here in Vail for years was so looking forward to being at the open succumed to a long hard fight with cancer in feb. Another friend took his ashes and spread them at the tournament.**** got his wish and was there!
RIP to your friend sorry he did not get to watch the show, but it sounds like he had a great life!!! I want to be cremated and have my ashes spread in a few places also...
cart boy

Delhi, NY

#78 Oct 18, 2010
i have lived in farmingdale my whole life. i was a cartboy for 4 years. i am at college now taking pro golf management as a major.
i just finished writing a essay for english on our sanctuary. i wrote about the black and teared after doing my revisions. i was an all state golfer in highschool and have everything to thank to bethpage and deffinatly the black

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min litesong 52,976
Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Coming! (Jan '11) 2 hr Black 1,725
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr cpeter1313 309,740
freddy gray arrest record here 2 hr realist 4
So, What's in Your Wallet, part five 2 hr Vincent John Ward 1
News New Yorkers rally to show support for Baltimore... 2 hr realist 10
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr Princess Hey 11,199
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 4 hr YANKEES 4 LIFE 315,712
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]