Endless Times Square Construction

Posted in the New York Forum

Sayer

Cheyenne, WY

#1 May 18, 2013
I have watched them, for over a year, almost every night, dig up Time's Square. WHEN will the construction ever end?

In light of New York's reputation for corruption (and incompetence), I can't help but wonder if union corruption is involved. It looks like someone is intentionally dragging their feet; "milking the clock" so to speak. WHY can't they get the job done once and for all?

They dig, cover, fill,(paint), and dig agasin, night after night. Surely even New Yorkers can't be that incompetent; someone MUST be on the take.

About two weeks ago, I watched them paint the light blue around the Square. Now, it looks like crap. Within a few days of painting it (just like last time), it already has utility markings and has already been dug up in several areas. Look at "Earthcam" to see it live.

They did the same tyhing 6 months ago: YOU paid for them to "paint" it, and then THEY trashed it within a few weeks.

Why can't they fix it once and for all? Who is intentionally dragging their feet and on the take? Is it Union? Is it Mafia? "Ooops! We lost a wrench in the trench so we have to dig it up (yet) again". Is that it?-OR- are New York contractors just THAT incompetent? Maybge New York needs to hire OUT OF STATE to get the job done, and right?

Well, it's a shameful and embarassing testimony of America to all those millions who come here (there) looking to find the real Time's Square and America, only to find that endless construction going on there.

Note: Having worked for contractors in this kind of work, I can confidently say that ALL water, sewer, gas, electrical and communication could/should be dealt with in no more than 4 months.

Bend over, NY (again),*Someone* is on the take (again).

Jimmy2014

Edison, NJ

#2 Feb 27, 2014
We'll New Yorkers love the liberals who love the Union and welfare free riders. You get what you have always asked for.
To me ny and this country is the biggest cesspool for union corruption. I can't remember where else I saw road conditions in such bad shapes due to long time neglect and poor and shoddy quality of the pavement thanks to the union monopoly of the infrastructure.
There is no future, period!
Gwen

Bradenton, FL

#3 Aug 14, 2014
How long will the construction take?
According to the city, the construction - from initial utility work to the installation of concrete street pavers and granite benches - is set to last from Spring 2012 through Spring 2016.
Gwen

Bradenton, FL

#4 Aug 14, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hi 8 min sdf 1
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 10 min YANKEES 4 LIFE 313,814
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 14 min the Don 3,713
jets talk back (Dec '07) 16 min jimi-yank 10,488
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 16 min Proud Liberal 1,356
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min SpaceBlues 51,590
last post wins! (Jun '10) 29 min Dickens1 25,800
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 3 hr chief 12,228

New York News Video

New York Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:58 am PST