Praying passenger is removed from pla...

Praying passenger is removed from plane at NY airport

There are 34 comments on the AMNY story from Apr 17, 2008, titled Praying passenger is removed from plane at NY airport. In it, AMNY reports that:

A passenger who left his seat to pray in the back of a plane before it took off, ignoring flight attendants' orders to return, was removed by an airport security guard, a witness and the airline said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AMNY.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jeff 123

Atlanta, GA

#1 Apr 17, 2008
Good they should have kicked him off that plane.
Shannon

Bronx, NY

#2 Apr 17, 2008
Perhaps he wasn't "trying to be rude", but that's exactly what he was doing. He delayed all the other passengers on that plane because he felt this he was more important than the rest of them.

I was one time delayed for two hours at O'Hare because two orthodox Jews had to get off the plane because they "feared" that they would arrive after sundown on a Friday evening. I wish that people like this (meaning the deeply religious of all faiths) would have the good sense to realize that the world will not come to end if they cannot pray, are out after dark, etc. It is all so silly, and they should rely on good judgment, rather than what they've been brainwashed into believing. Because of the selfishness of these two men, about 250 people arrived home to NY two hours after schedule.
maroon

Shoreham, NY

#3 Apr 17, 2008
Religious fanatics are going to be the ruination of us all.
Joe

United States

#4 Apr 17, 2008
I agree with Maroon.
treciama

Middletown, DE

#5 Apr 17, 2008
Joe wrote:
I agree with Maroon.
Me too.
joe momma

Weatherford, TX

#7 Apr 17, 2008
Was it a Northwest flight? I'd be praying too.
Dr Gregg in Denver

Aurora, CO

#8 Apr 17, 2008
Good, and this discredits those that cry racism when muslim men try the same thing. For crying out loud, pray before you get on a plane, or do it in your head. WHy the theatrics?
maggie

Calabash, NC

#9 Apr 17, 2008
am sure he was awaiting his plane to arrive in the terminal... why did he not pray during that waiting period -- thereby not delaying or bothering anyone.
inv

Florence, AZ

#10 Apr 17, 2008
What kind of an idot is this? If he wants to pray, he should do it at another time.
Man from UNCLE

United States

#11 Apr 17, 2008
Didn't these flight attendents realize that God was his Co-Pilot
bring it on

Old Bridge, NJ

#13 Apr 17, 2008
Joshua wrote:
A season has come upon you America, a season of testing your fruit. And they say this time there is a leader who does not know Me in a way that they would like. But I am in charge this time, I will give you the glass as half full and many will say it is half empty and I tell you now that your perception must be inline with Me. For I am sending you an awakening like one of old where the people said, give us a revival. I tell you will I not start with children in your cities and homes? For in them holds the key to your nation, and they will be the Daniel’s and Joseph’s who are mine! I will not let go of them until I have finished what I have begun.
I am hearing the sounds of warning in America, I am seeing a mall and an airport and a tower and I tell you the whispers of the enemy are saying come and let us bring terror to America again. They are in your soil already, they are in the cities and they have a weapon they have a plot to massacre, and this is a warning sound to say are these people citizens with illegal passports? Their information is on the machine and they are connected with ties to the origins of their birthplace. And the retaliation cry will come from the people of New York for they will say what has been done was never suppose to happen again, but they have forgotten. And I am telling you this that over a dozen of these people will be captured.
http://jcudell.blogspot.com/
Not exactly sure what this flowery BS is all about, and I'm certainly not going to your website because no doubt Homeland Security is already monitoring all the people who go there. But anyway, come on over, we've got plenty of Mohamed Comic Books to show you. Or better yet, blow yourself up while you are making your martyr video.
Teddy R

Falls Church, VA

#14 Apr 17, 2008
Joshua wrote:
A season has come upon you America, a season of testing your fruit. And they say this time there is a leader who does not know Me in a way that they would like. But I am in charge this time, I will give you the glass as half full and many will say it is half empty and I tell you now that your perception must be inline with Me. For I am sending you an awakening like one of old where the people said, give us a revival. I tell you will I not start with children in your cities and homes? For in them holds the key to your nation, and they will be the Daniel’s and Joseph’s who are mine! I will not let go of them until I have finished what I have begun.
I am hearing the sounds of warning in America, I am seeing a mall and an airport and a tower and I tell you the whispers of the enemy are saying come and let us bring terror to America again. They are in your soil already, they are in the cities and they have a weapon they have a plot to massacre, and this is a warning sound to say are these people citizens with illegal passports? Their information is on the machine and they are connected with ties to the origins of their birthplace. And the retaliation cry will come from the people of New York for they will say what has been done was never suppose to happen again, but they have forgotten. And I am telling you this that over a dozen of these people will be captured.
http://jcudell.blogspot.com/
Mikey! Is that you? Cut it out, man - you made me pee my pants you bhastahd
Truth

Lincoln Park, NJ

#15 Apr 17, 2008
Oy Vey!!!! Why didn't he daven before the plane boarded???
I WANT TO KNOW

Eastchester, NY

#17 Apr 17, 2008
More persecution for the religious in this world. 2 minutes would not have made that much of a difference.

Heck I've seen pax using the lavs while the plane is in the early stages of departure.
I WANT TO KNOW

Eastchester, NY

#18 Apr 17, 2008
Shannon wrote:
Perhaps he wasn't "trying to be rude", but that's exactly what he was doing. He delayed all the other passengers on that plane because he felt this he was more important than the rest of them.
I was one time delayed for two hours at O'Hare because two orthodox Jews had to get off the plane because they "feared" that they would arrive after sundown on a Friday evening. I wish that people like this (meaning the deeply religious of all faiths) would have the good sense to realize that the world will not come to end if they cannot pray, are out after dark, etc. It is all so silly, and they should rely on good judgment, rather than what they've been brainwashed into believing. Because of the selfishness of these two men, about 250 people arrived home to NY two hours after schedule.
Why people like you do not respect the rights of the religious.

Since: Feb 08

Bronx, NY

#20 Apr 17, 2008
I WANT TO KNOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Why people like you do not respect the rights of the religious.
Why do the "religious" not respect the rights of others?
How many people have been killed on this planet in the name of "god". Oy vey!

I try to live my life as an understanding, tolerant, respectful and forgiving person. This man had no respect for the other passengers at all.....apparently no common sense either.

He'll probably sue for a new Buick.

Peace all
Tommy

Oyster Bay, NY

#22 Apr 17, 2008
How come if you talk to some invisible guy in the sky or some dead guy who supposedly was the son of some invisible guy in the sky.....you're religious? However, if you talk to space aliens you're crazy? I can guarantee you with 100 percent certainty that somewhere there are other life forms, and I can also guarantee with 100% certainty that there are no invisible guys in the sky. To think otherwise in either case is silly.
fred

Brooklyn, NY

#23 Apr 17, 2008
good!!!
Arthur Doxjou

West Babylon, NY

#27 Apr 17, 2008
He couldn't pray from his seat because god would not have seen him or heard him from his seat. When god looks into airplanes he can only see the standing people. Geez, everybody religious knows that. Thats why when people die in plane crashes, they are all sitting. If you want to live through a plane crash, stand up so god can see you. Thats a no brainer!
songbird

AOL

#28 Apr 17, 2008
You know, i have to wonder sometimes...the whole purpose of the laws set down in the Bible is to improve our relations with each other. It's important to pray, but it's also important to be respectful of the rights of others. Did it not occur to him that his actions would inconvenience the other passengers? Daven in the terminal, or wait until the plane is in the air and the pilot turns off the seat belt sign. The world won't come to an end if you have to wait a short time...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min ThanksForTheLaugh... 64,159
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Susanm 320,419
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 6 hr NEMO 5,744
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 6 hr Princess Hey 17,721
Russia's "Dead Hand" Protects N Korea 8 hr The Last Warrior ... 16
jets talk back (Dec '07) 8 hr Paul Yanks 15,216
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 8 hr Paul Yanks 341,970

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages