Teen shot in Bellmore after giving mo...

Teen shot in Bellmore after giving motorist direction -

There are 125 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 24, 2007, titled Teen shot in Bellmore after giving motorist direction -. In it, Newsday reports that:

A teenager suffered a bullet wound in the neck early Monday after giving a seemingly lost motorist directions in Bellmore, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Crazy Joe

Mineola, NY

#1 Sep 24, 2007
I wonder if this is related to the gas station beating/robbery that happened the same night, I believe they are less than 1 mile apart. Do-Rags of course were involved.
Say the Truth

Wallingford, PA

#2 Sep 24, 2007
"The gunman was described as being 6-feet tall, age 16 or 17 and wearing black pants and shirt and a do rag."

Another detailed description to narrow down who they are looking for.
Big Bob

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Sep 24, 2007
Alright, I'll bite. What was a 16 year old doing out after midnight on a school night? Drug deal gone bad?
not again

Denver, CO

#6 Sep 24, 2007
two sixteen year olds hanging out after midnight, on a school night. one on a street corner the other in a car, asking for directions, i don't think so....he might have been asking for something probably not directions
alot more to this story than being reported
Say the Truth

Wallingford, PA

#7 Sep 24, 2007
This kid's story has more holes in it than he does.
Slappy White

Wallington, NJ

#8 Sep 24, 2007
No good deed goes unpunished. Especially when it involves someone wearing a "do-rag".
Gang related

Radcliff, KY

#9 Sep 24, 2007
Sounds like a gang initiation to me. This fits that type of crime to a T. Gang member wanna be is asked to shoot a random person as a show of faith toward the gang. I'd almost bet on it.
Southbound

Overland Park, KS

#10 Sep 24, 2007
The 'man' again, huh? What's wrong with the truth Newsday? I'll bet the police report had more information then you're giving us. Do you think that, by not mentioning that the prep's black, we don't know! WE KNOW. WE ALL KNOW.
joe

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Sep 24, 2007
if we catch this thug what argument could be made to keep him alive?
Ahmadinejad

New York, NY

#14 Sep 24, 2007
I remember when Bellmore was a nice place to live...
Ahmadinejad

New York, NY

#15 Sep 24, 2007
Gang related wrote:
Sounds like a gang initiation to me. This fits that type of crime to a T. Gang member wanna be is asked to shoot a random person as a show of faith toward the gang. I'd almost bet on it.
You could be on to something...Bellmore does have a gang
violence call gans

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Sep 24, 2007
Something is wrong here, so many violent incidents in these towns. I agree with gan related, please said schools to look closely to those students and drug dealers that are surrender school where money is not an issue.
Why drugs are sealing around schools, stores, or where are these people come from? If a rich child buy drugs, with whom are they dealing? They are not invisible, somebody knows, who?
Parents keep a close eye in your children no matter if they have 10 yeras or more, see what they do, ask questions, dont wait until they get involved in violene, drugs, alcohol, or gans to said When this happen to us?
So drugs, alcohol, gans?
Eve

Massapequa Park, NY

#18 Sep 24, 2007
Gang related wrote:
Sounds like a gang initiation to me. This fits that type of crime to a T. Gang member wanna be is asked to shoot a random person as a show of faith toward the gang. I'd almost bet on it.
Easy pickins in the Bellmore area. I would not be surprised if someone politely gave directions to someone like that. That would be typical foolishness in this area. It never ceases to amaze me. They treat their neighbors like crap, but kiss the butts of people like this. They better wake up and get their heads on straight.
Eve

Massapequa Park, NY

#19 Sep 24, 2007
Ahmadinejad wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be on to something...Bellmore does have a gang
Bellmore has a gang???
Eve

Massapequa Park, NY

#20 Sep 24, 2007
Do this wrote:
Do Rag-- What else do you cover a sh1t head with
a doo doo rag.

Since: Jan 07

Wantagh, NY

#22 Sep 24, 2007
violence call gans wrote:
Something is wrong here, so many violent incidents in these towns. I agree with gan related, please said schools to look closely to those students and drug dealers that are surrender school where money is not an issue.
Why drugs are sealing around schools, stores, or where are these people come from? If a rich child buy drugs, with whom are they dealing? They are not invisible, somebody knows, who?
Parents keep a close eye in your children no matter if they have 10 yeras or more, see what they do, ask questions, dont wait until they get involved in violene, drugs, alcohol, or gans to said When this happen to us?
So drugs, alcohol, gans?
do you not know how to spell gangs? and your grammar and sentence structure sucks.

"I agree with gan related, please said schools to look closely to those students and drug dealers that are surrender school where money is not an issue." that makes no sence. you do this troughout your post. i'm a 17 year old in 12th grade and i could do better.
PC GONE WILD

Shirley, NY

#23 Sep 24, 2007
The gunman was described as being 6-feet tall, age 16 or 17 and wearing black pants and shirt and a do-rag..

HEY NEWSDAY, I AM DONE, CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION PLEASE.
Denis

Orlando, FL

#24 Sep 24, 2007
"The gunman was described as being 6-feet tall, age 16 or 17 and wearing black pants and shirt and a do-rag."

This narrows it down to every 16 year old in Freeport, Baldwin, Roosevelt, Wyandanch..........

My God, will there ever be an alternative to this PC manifesto?
kampa

Philadelphia, PA

#25 Sep 24, 2007
Grey wrote:
<quoted text>
do you not know how to spell gangs? and your grammar and sentence structure sucks.
"I agree with gan related, please said schools to look closely to those students and drug dealers that are surrender school where money is not an issue." that makes no sence. you do this troughout your post. i'm a 17 year old in 12th grade and i could do better.
Ever hear of proof reading your OWN work? I hope you used spellcheck for your college essay.Please learn not to pick on someone else if your are not perfect yourself.
The Man

Bronx, NY

#29 Sep 24, 2007
Do- Rag Let me Guess the Color. Since Newsday and the News won't give the Color. What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 18 min De Oppresso Liber 5,753
Time to go? 20 min Tony17 2,600
Pope sells his soul? 30 min Question 1
News Violent crime spike in New York City similar to... 1 hr Oh well 1
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 hr jimi-yank 36,443
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr American League L... 319,408
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 hr -Sprocket- 10,549
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages