H.S. Football talk back
AllStar

AOL

#38273 Sep 21, 2011
bigtool wrote:
hey old sailor i heard you missed the tackle that led to plainedge getting the field goal for the win-true or not
Who ask ya fool?

The Isles you say? Oof....awful.....just awful.

Awful 7
Isles 0
Suff III

Milford, CT

#38274 Sep 21, 2011
It means NOTHING, but Sayville is currently ranked #6 in the State and #1 small school on Long Island. From what I have seen their line is playing better then last years line. Skilled athletes all over the field. This team does not have to pass to win....
Far Rock

Far Rockaway, NY

#38275 Sep 21, 2011
bigtool wrote:
hey old sailor i heard you missed the tackle that led to plainedge getting the field goal for the win-true or not
Oceanside won 3-0
SKYWALKER

Tel Aviv, Israel

#38276 Sep 21, 2011
"Pat-Med 88"2-0 West Islip is 2-0 beat #11 Pat-Med(0-2)37-6 and #6 Connetquot(0-2)36-0. Points f/a 73-6 and opponents combined w/l record 0-4.
West Islip has a good QB in Anthony Santo(12/21 223 yards and 3 td's and has carried the ball 17 times for 123 yards and 2 td's). WI will has basicily gone with one RB Mike Cestaro(25 carries 201 yards 1 td). WI's combined rushing, 59 carries 433 yards and 7 td's. The defense really hasn't been tested until now against SN.
#2 Sachem North is 2-0 beat #8 Bayshore(0-2)27-13 and #4 Northport(0-2)42-25. Points f/a 69-38 and combined won/loss record 0-4. Bayshore really didn't put up much against SN, but Northport did. It was only 14-13 SN at the half. Northport's QB Sean Gilpoy(9/13 135 yards, 1 int and 3 td's) was able to pass against SN. Gilopy was able to throw to 5 receivers who combined for 9 repceptions 135 yards and 3 td's. This opened up the running game for Northport whose RB Ryan Kokell(19 carries 143 yards and 1 td). SN so far has combined for 125 tackles and 4 sacks in its first two games.
The big question for WI's defense will be, can they stop the Crossan brothers who have combined for 63 carries 597 yards and 11 td's in two games.
In my opinion, if WI has a successful passing game they will have a chance against SN, if SN shuts it down, it will be a long day for WI, because it won't be easy to run against SN with no passing game.
My early prediction:
SN 28
WI 21
Good luck to both teams,

Do you have one of these for Hewlett vs Lawrence big game
An Old Sailor

AOL

#38277 Sep 21, 2011
bigtool wrote:
False, I missed the game, I graduated the year before. But you had it backwards, Oceanside won that game.
Hey bigtool, what do you hear on Lincoln Jefferson this year, any chance he goes Division I?
An Old Sailor

AOL

#38278 Sep 21, 2011
Far Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you i know schools in conference 3 can play with schools from con 1 for sure
In theory a school with a bigger population can draw more kids to make for a better and bigger team. However, most HS coaches seem to play about 15 kids in a game, the rest stand on the sidelines. So there is no real advantage. You can't even argue that a team with 25 players is at disadvantage because the team with 50 players can rotate fresh players in and wear down the smaller in number team. You see the same kids playing offense, defense and special teams. So sure any team can play out of conference and probably do a good job against a so called Conf. 1 team.
Truetalk

Bridgewater, NJ

#38279 Sep 21, 2011
Good stuff on the Sayville/Westhampton game. I look forward to the game.
bigtool

Bergenfield, NJ

#38280 Sep 21, 2011
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
False, I missed the game, I graduated the year before. But you had it backwards, Oceanside won that game.
Hey bigtool, what do you hear on Lincoln Jefferson this year, any chance he goes Division I?
no lincoln isn't d1 material but washington wilson may with a little luck his brother jackson will in a couple of years.
bigtool

Bergenfield, NJ

#38281 Sep 21, 2011
Truetalk wrote:
Good stuff on the Sayville/Westhampton game. I look forward to the game.
all the booze stores in westhampton are reporting a big surge in sales today.the parents are going to be fired up this should be good.
conf1

East Islip, NY

#38282 Sep 21, 2011
any thoughts on this weeks freeport vs oceanside matchup?
Derek jeter

United States

#38283 Sep 21, 2011
Pat med 88- before you doubt westhampton's passing game, remember one thing... They haven't had to throw the ball yet. Huntington put 10 in the box, yes, 10 and still couldn't stop westhampton's running game. Let's not forget that westhampton has thrown a TD PASS in each game so far. Like most run heavy teams, they throw when they need to. Westhamptons Connor Raynor dominated Deluca last year and Sayville doesn't have anyone up front that can match Deluca. Raynor is going to be burying kids. Sayville better hope mother nature cooperates because if it comes down to a smashmouth game in the rain, they are in trouble out in westhampton.
Infield123

Randolph, NJ

#38284 Sep 21, 2011
FB fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree - Pat Med football has become a joke under the current regime. Feel bad for the kids but they now just accept losing - they are just overmatched, they have no leadership. And they have too many underclassmen riding the bench on a bad varsity team while the JV team is gettng creamed (and HURT) every week. 2 concussions on JV last week alone, including the QB. Poorly run from top to bottom - needs a change desperately. The kids deserve better. The kids were forced to fight for Chiarellos reinstatement just to save their season, but he has got to go. Embarassing.
Embarassing is an understatement,varsity has a number of injuries and concussions, not only does the JV Qb have a concussion the Rb is out for season because of lack of protection from week line, this is a result of poor coaching from middle school to varsity level. wake up pat-med somebody has to do something!!!!!!!!!
SCFB

Bellport, NY

#38285 Sep 21, 2011
I'll look at the from the non-offensive perspective of both teams. Sayville is NOT as strong defensively and will have trouble stopping WHB run game without blitzing. Their Safeties MUST get involved and that leaves TE open on drags and susceptible on play-action. Advantage WHB

WHB plays its DL on OL as well, Sayville doesn't. Eventually they begin to wear down with the physicality and emotion of the game. WHB cannot play man-man with Sayville receivers and if they play off Sayville will take what it is given as proven vs. Miller Place. They gave up nothing big and forced them to earn with patience. Last year's game Sayville was not patient (lesson learned)...I don't know if WHB defense can sustain patience with a young crew in secondary. Advantage Sayville late in the game.

So...it will come down to the kicking game. Sayville not so good here (1/5 vs. MP)...WHB wins 24-20

bigtool

Bergenfield, NJ

#38286 Sep 21, 2011
Infield123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Embarassing is an understatement,varsity has a number of injuries and concussions, not only does the JV Qb have a concussion the Rb is out for season because of lack of protection from week line, this is a result of poor coaching from middle school to varsity level. wake up pat-med somebody has to do something!!!!!!!!!
the population at pat-med is a changing--soccer is the sport just like salza over took ketchup.
AllStar

AOL

#38287 Sep 21, 2011
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>no lincoln isn't d1 material but washington wilson may with a little luck his brother jackson will in a couple of years.
Who ask ya stupid?

The Isles you say? Oof....just an awful team....awful
AllStar

AOL

#38288 Sep 21, 2011
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>all the booze stores in westhampton are reporting a big surge in sales today.the parents are going to be fired up this should be good.
Who ask ya moron?

The Isles you say? Oof....just an awful team.....awful
AllStar

AOL

#38289 Sep 21, 2011
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>the population at pat-med is a changing--soccer is the sport just like salza over took ketchup.
Who ask ya idiot?

The Isle you say? Oof....just an awful team....awful
bigtool

Bergenfield, NJ

#38290 Sep 21, 2011
SCFB wrote:
I'll look at the from the non-offensive perspective of both teams. Sayville is NOT as strong defensively and will have trouble stopping WHB run game without blitzing. Their Safeties MUST get involved and that leaves TE open on drags and susceptible on play-action. Advantage WHB
WHB plays its DL on OL as well, Sayville doesn't. Eventually they begin to wear down with the physicality and emotion of the game. WHB cannot play man-man with Sayville receivers and if they play off Sayville will take what it is given as proven vs. Miller Place. They gave up nothing big and forced them to earn with patience. Last year's game Sayville was not patient (lesson learned)...I don't know if WHB defense can sustain patience with a young crew in secondary. Advantage Sayville late in the game.
So...it will come down to the kicking game. Sayville not so good here (1/5 vs. MP)...WHB wins 24-20
the big question is which set of parents will make the biggest a-holes of themselves. my guess westhampton--good luck.
CHIEF

Clifton, NJ

#38291 Sep 21, 2011
The massapequa team really believes they will beat baldwin this week any1 think they have a chance?
Buddy from Whitestone

Brooklyn, NY

#38293 Sep 21, 2011
AllStar wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ask ya dummy?
Absolutely right about the Isles though....Just an awful team.....dreadful
Awful 7
Isles 0
You think so too ? Tell Callaway. He's an isles fanatic.
But they're terrible right ? Just awful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 50 min RangerYanksJets66 40,087
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr SweLL GirL 15,361
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 14,573
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 60,011
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr FuMan Chu Yanks 329,647
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Chelsea (Nov '13) 3 hr SPAM-A-LOT 31
Bernie Sanders Endorses Hillary Clinton 3 hr feel that BERN baby 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages