H.S. Football talk back
Canes

Westhampton, NY

#26293 Nov 23, 2009
Nice list. Glad to see the two Westhampton Players on the list. Both were fantastic players. Danny Jiggetts was also the first African-American captain at Harvard.

Two of the finest linemen LI has ever produced came out of Westhampton!
littleburke123

Brooklyn, NY

#26294 Nov 23, 2009
Canes wrote:
Nice list. Glad to see the two Westhampton Players on the list. Both were fantastic players. Danny Jiggetts was also the first African-American captain at Harvard.
Two of the finest linemen LI has ever produced came out of Westhampton!
jiggetts was a joke the only reason he made the bears was they were under pressure to have a black linemen on their team.check the bears record during that time they were horrble.the only reason he was captain at harvard again pressure to have a black.i know guys who played there and they were not happy.
Canes

Westhampton, NY

#26295 Nov 23, 2009
littleburke123 wrote:
<quoted text>jiggetts was a joke the only reason he made the bears was they were under pressure to have a black linemen on their team.check the bears record during that time they were horrble.the only reason he was captain at harvard again pressure to have a black.i know guys who played there and they were not happy.
What a fool your are and this post once again proves it beyond a doubt. Under pressure to have a black linemen????? Again what a joke... dumb ass.
Canes

Westhampton, NY

#26296 Nov 23, 2009
Joke???

Danny Jiggetts:

Collegiate playing career

A two-time first team All-Ivy offensive tackle, Jiggetts captained Harvard's first undisputed Ivy League Championship in 1975. Considered one of the finest lineman in the history of the League, he was named to the Ivy's Silver Anniversary All-Star Team and was inducted into the Harvard Varsity Hall of Fame. As an All-American player at Harvard University, Jiggetts was drafted in the 1976 NFL Draft by the Chicago Bears.

NFL playing career

He played for the Bears from 1976 to 1982, while holding an off-season position at the First National Bank of Chicago. During his NFL career, he played in 98 games.

Sportscasting career

Today, Jiggetts is a sportscaster for Comcast Sportsnet in Chicago and the co-host of the daily morning show "Monsters in the Morning" on the station. He has also worked for CBS and ESPN and hosted a highly rated radio show on WSCR in Chicago.
Da Fan

East Northport, NY

#26297 Nov 23, 2009
Can any Floyd fans give an update on Jarell Johnson's injury. It did not look good. I would hate for his sake and the teams sake for him not to be able to play on Saturday.
littleburke123

Brooklyn, NY

#26298 Nov 23, 2009
freeport 35 floyd 14 the bro's have too much speed for the trailer dwellers.
Excuse Machine

Cary, NC

#26299 Nov 23, 2009
Da Fan wrote:
Can any Floyd fans give an update on Jarell Johnson's injury. It did not look good. I would hate for his sake and the teams sake for him not to be able to play on Saturday.
already starting with the excuses i see...freeports gonna blow the doors off floyd..i'm sure by game time the "excuse list" will be endless...nassau will sweep the toothless trailer trash of suffolk this year.....sweet
OH YEAH

Brooklyn, NY

#26300 Nov 23, 2009
Lets go Nassau's best four lets take it all! Freeport, GC, Lawrence, and Seaford. Its all about business now. lets go boys! Does anyone have any predictions? Does nassau take it all this year or will the mighty Suffolk teams run the show?

“One Game at a Time!!!!”

Since: Aug 08

GO FLOYD!!!!

#26301 Nov 23, 2009
Excuse Machine wrote:
<quoted text>already starting with the excuses i see...freeports gonna blow the doors off floyd..i'm sure by game time the "excuse list" will be endless...nassau will sweep the toothless trailer trash of suffolk this year.....sweet
There won't need to be any excuses for us, Moron. Freeport will need the excuse list, you piece of dog s**t.

“One Game at a Time!!!!”

GO FLOYD!!!!

#26302 Nov 23, 2009
littleburke123 wrote:
freeport 35 floyd 14 the bro's have too much speed for the trailer dwellers.
Another jer**ff!
nassau 3

Woodmere, NY

#26303 Nov 23, 2009
want dont we just enjoy the games , they should be great and stop all this bullshit. Im a nassau fan and i hope Floyd kicks the s---t out of Freeport. for one reason. Russ Cellen put up 63 points on Oceanside with his starters in till the end and i said what goes around comes around and hopefully its this week.
nassau 3

Woodmere, NY

#26304 Nov 23, 2009
PatMed88
Im waiting for your point spreads and predictions

“One Game at a Time!!!!”

GO FLOYD!!!!

#26305 Nov 23, 2009
nassau 3 wrote:
want dont we just enjoy the games , they should be great and stop all this bullshit. Im a nassau fan and i hope Floyd kicks the s---t out of Freeport. for one reason. Russ Cellen put up 63 points on Oceanside with his starters in till the end and i said what goes around comes around and hopefully its this week.
Unfortunate, for you, Coach Longo doesn't run the score up on other teams. Sometimes it happens, because he's not going to tell his secondarys not to score, but he does try other techniques to keep them from scoring. As much as sometimes, we as fans, would like him to make another team look silly for one reason or another, he just doesn't do it.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#26306 Nov 23, 2009
Da Fan wrote:
I found out that he was in school today, and that it was a bruise. They said he should be fine for the LIC's.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#26307 Nov 23, 2009
nassau 3 wrote:
PatMed88
Im waiting for your point spreads and predictions
It's only Monday, what's the rush.
Floyd Excuse Machine

Cary, NC

#26308 Nov 23, 2009
Floyd Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunate, for you, Coach Longo doesn't run the score up on other teams. Sometimes it happens, because he's not going to tell his secondarys not to score, but he does try other techniques to keep them from scoring. As much as sometimes, we as fans, would like him to make another team look silly for one reason or another, he just doesn't do it.
dont lie idiot...he ran it up last week....just like freeport will shove it up there arse...this week
nassau 3

Woodmere, NY

#26309 Nov 23, 2009
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only Monday, what's the rush.
ok by wednesday morning
nassau 3

Woodmere, NY

#26310 Nov 23, 2009
Congratulations to Joel Santisteban from Lawrence for winning nassau county top scholar athlete. Now for your next test, take care of HHHW on Saturday.
Juice32

New York, NY

#26311 Nov 23, 2009
I agree with Nassau3 on Joel Santisteban...congrats to him. Great kid...great player. He'll be one of the major factors if Lawrence is to beat HHHW. Rumor has it though that Joel and the rest of his teammates shouldn't bother going to the game. The word is out according to HHHW sources...the game is "not even going to be close."
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#26312 Nov 23, 2009
Juice32 wrote:
I agree with Nassau3 on Joel Santisteban...congrats to him. Great kid...great player. He'll be one of the major factors if Lawrence is to beat HHHW. Rumor has it though that Joel and the rest of his teammates shouldn't bother going to the game. The word is out according to HHHW sources...the game is "not even going to be close."
Were did this rumor start at Lawrence? I was at HHHW watching them practice and I can assure you that everyone one of the HHHW players has the greatest respect for the players of Lawrence and their coaching staff. They watched two of their video's, they know what Lawrence is capable of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 19 min Hah_ 322,182
Another Republican Bites the Dust!! (Dec '11) 1 hr 2 Dogs 1,255
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 1 hr 2 Dogs 1,606
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 1 hr Nemo 5,932
We VS We (Nov '09) 1 hr 2 Dogs 2,671
Tavis Smiley out at PBS. Time for a fund raiser? 1 hr E Pluribus Unum 1
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued (Jun '16) 2 hr Party 1,832
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 hr jimi-yank 342,547

New York Jobs

More from around the web