Pat-Med 88

AOL

#26275 Nov 22, 2009
OH YEAH wrote:
The Floyd game will be great today against Sac North any preditions?
Flolyd 28 Sachem North 21
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#26276 Nov 22, 2009
I didn't mean Coach Andre, I meant Coach Mollo was at the trial for that Atlantic Beach beating trial.

I also misspelled Greg Nunn's name had Numm.

My bad.
nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#26277 Nov 22, 2009
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
I didn't mean Coach Andre, I meant Coach Mollo was at the trial for that Atlantic Beach beating trial.
I also misspelled Greg Nunn's name had Numm.
My bad.
Nunns brother Sheldon was a stud athlete at Lawrence in 2001 2002.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#26278 Nov 22, 2009
nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> Nunns brother Sheldon was a stud athlete at Lawrence in 2001 2002.
I don't remember Sheldon. The only player I remember from Lawrence at around that time was OT Shane Olivea.
AllStar

AOL

#26279 Nov 22, 2009
nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> Nunns brother Sheldon was a stud athlete at Lawrence in 2001 2002.
He graduated in '03, saw him play in the 2003 Outback game.
Floyd Vivino

Brooklyn, NY

#26280 Nov 22, 2009
wffootballdad wrote:
Play smart today boys Good luck Go Floyd!
Thanks ! Have you seen Mugsy ?
wffootballdad

Bedford, NY

#26281 Nov 22, 2009
Hey Vivino Floyd won 27-6
Molinet Knows

Perryman, MD

#26282 Nov 22, 2009
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be right. Coach Andre was at Massapequa in 1994. I do remember an incident when a Lawrence football player was beaten with a Baseball bat(I think 1991)and Coach Andre was at the trial. I think the player was Jermaine Ewell who was pretty good if I remember until this brutal beating.
I don't know why I thought if was Andre and not Mollo, after all Rich Mollo coached at Lawrence for many years.
I even remember Lawrence beating Sachem in the 1995 LIC's. Won't go into it why we(Pat-Med wasn't there, big mess). Lawrence had some really good players. QB Greg Numm, FB Bashawn Dixon and receivers Kenroy Wallace and Chamari Willis.
Sachem should've beaten Lawrence considering that RB James O'Nearl carried 43 times for 137 yards and FB Matt Clark carried another 87 yards 1 td. James O'Neal with no td's? O'Neal ran for over 2,000 yards with 32 td's up till that game. To loose 7-14, that was shocking. Water under the bridge.
Enjoyed watching Vaguhn Sanders at Hofstra.
Thanks for the correction.
Jermaine Ewell Story:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/articl...
Molinet Knows

Perryman, MD

#26283 Nov 22, 2009
Attended the Sachem North vs Floyd Suffolk County Championship game @ Stony Brook. Stony Brook Stadium with the new Field Turf looks sharp!

Sachem N was never able to get their version of Flex-Bone going.

An element of the game that stuck out and suprisingly tolerated by the refs was both coaching staffs out on the field after every single play. 2 of the Floyd Def Coaches were out past the numbers-almost on the hash between every single play. They would move back towards their sideline before the snap, but remained on the field between the sideline and numbers potentially in the way of the line judge every single play. For Sachem N, 3 coaches came out to the hash after every single play to meet the QB to call the play. It looked like a preseason scrimmage with so many coaches continuosly on the field, just not standing behind their respective teams. Surprised the refs tolerated this as referees in college and hs, early in the season, were emphasizing enforcing sideline warnings and penalties.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#26284 Nov 22, 2009
Molinet Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Jermaine Ewell Story:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/articl...
Thanks for the SI article. I remember him and there was no doubt he was going to be playing in DIA program. What a horible attack.

rocking colonials

Medford, NY

#26285 Nov 22, 2009
Molinet Knows wrote:
Attended the Sachem North vs Floyd Suffolk County Championship game @ Stony Brook. Stony Brook Stadium with the new Field Turf looks sharp!
An element of the game that stuck out and suprisingly tolerated by the refs was both coaching staffs out on the field after every single play. 2 of the Floyd Def Coaches were out past the numbers-almost on the hash between every single play. They would move back towards their sideline before the snap, but remained on the field between the sideline and numbers potentially in the way of the line judge every single play. For Sachem N, 3 coaches came out to the hash after every single play to meet the QB to call the play. It looked like a preseason scrimmage with so many coaches continuosly on the field, just not standing behind their respective teams. Surprised the refs tolerated this as referees in college and hs, early in the season, were emphasizing enforcing sideline warnings and penalties.
All you took from this game is that SN could not get the flex bone going and that the coaches were on the field ? How about the fact that floyd dominated from begining to end , and that it should have been 0 for SN , if it were'nt for a cheap TD right before the end of the first half !
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#26286 Nov 22, 2009
Molinet Knows wrote:
I'm sure you attended the St. Ants vs Holy Trinity. What was your feeling of Brunetti? Think he can play DIA ? HT almost came back.

If you go you'll see I posted Floyd's defensive numbers and defensive NYS rankings. No one in Conference I/Division I was ranked defensively higher. I mean allowing only 9.4 points a game, that was the key to why I projected Floyd to win the game.
Molinet Knows

Perryman, MD

#26287 Nov 22, 2009
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you attended the St. Ants vs Holy Trinity. What was your feeling of Brunetti? Think he can play DIA ? HT almost came back.
If you go you'll see I posted Floyd's defensive numbers and defensive NYS rankings. No one in Conference I/Division I was ranked defensively higher. I mean allowing only 9.4 points a game, that was the key to why I projected Floyd to win the game.
Brunetti, over the course of his career, has proved that he can play a high caliber of football. Unfortunately, that doesn't equate into a 1A Scholarship. Coaches are saying he's not the type we're looking for. His body-type, his appearance of lack of quicks and speed. Do I think he can play 1A football, yes, however it would take walking-on, and proving it everyday, or having some 1A coach be willing to stake his job because he understands Brunetti's productivity, vision, patience, ability to cut, ability to make the 1st tackler miss, and his deceptive ability to pull away. There's nothing wrong with playing ball at a CAA school, it's not like that brand of football is easy..At the same time, he is an excellent baseball player, so he's gonna do what his heart tells him.

As far as the Floyd-Sachem game, Floyd has been here so many time recently, the kid's in the program just understand what it takes. Floyd was better, but Sachem fumbling in their own end zone to open 2nd 1/2 sure didn't help.
Molinet Knows

Perryman, MD

#26288 Nov 22, 2009
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that they were the same style of player and had the same body type, but a name like Connetquot's Chad Bosch comes into mind when thinking about Brunetti. Both were highly productive LI HS RB's(Bosch-5282yds rushing, Hansen Award-Nassau CC-Rutgers) and collegiately under appreciated as a recruit and a prospective player.
Molinet Knows

Perryman, MD

#26289 Nov 22, 2009
Pat Med,
Did you see Sarra's Newsday's all-time Long Island football team for the 1970s:
BOB AVELLINI-NEW HYDE PARK, QB, 1970:
Avellini was All-Long Island, went to Maryland and spent the 1975-84 seasons with the Chicago Bears, starting at QB from 1976-78.
----------
KEVIN BAUGH-DEER PARK, RB, 1979:
He was a three-sport star, and the only L.I. athlete to win both the Hansen Award as Suffolk's top football player, and the Yastrzemski Award as Suffolk's top baseball player. Baugh was a member of Penn State's 1982 national championship team.
----------
NICK BUONAMICI-ST. ANTHONY'S, OL, 1972:
He was the first All-Long Island and All-State selection for the Friars. Buonamici earned four letters at Ohio State.
----------
HERBERT BUTZKE-NEW HYDE PARK, DL, 1978
A ferocious defensive player whose team allowed only seven points in 1977. He won the Thorp Award as Nassau's top player and was a two-time All-Long Island selection.
----------
TONY CAPOZZOLI-ST. DOMINIC, QB, 1975:
He won the Thorp Award and led his team to a 9-0 season. He was a great all-around player as a passer, runner and kicker. He booted a 26-yard field goal against Notre Dame for Penn State's first points in the 1976 Gator Bowl.
----------
GEORGE CARABERIS-FARMINGDALE, OL, 1972:
Two-way lineman led the Dalers to back-to-back 9-0 seasons and national top-10 rankings. Caraberis was All-Long Island and first team All-State. He played in college at Brown.
----------
JOE DIANGE-FARMINGDALE, QB, 1973:
A Thorp Award winner, Diange lost only one game in three years with the Dalers. He played defense at Penn State.
----------
CHRIS DIETERICH-WARD MEVILLE, DL, 1975:
Dieterich led his team to an undefeated season and won the Hansen Award. He had a great career at North Carolina State. He then played on the defensive front for the Detroit Lions from 1980-86.
----------
TOM DONOVAN-HOLY FAMILY, HB, 1974:
Led his team to Suffolk's only 9-0 record that season. Donovan played at Penn State and appeared in five games for the New Orleans Saints in 1980.
----------
BOOMER ESIASON-EAST ISLIP, QB, 1978:
Boomer is ingrained into the New York sports scene as a former Jet and former NFL MVP with the Bengals, and now as a radio/TV personality. At East Islip, he was All-Long Island and led his team to the Rutgers Trophy. Esiason played college ball at Maryland.
----------
SEAN FARRELL-WESTHAMPTON, DL, 1977:
A two-time All-American at Penn State, he played eight seasons in the NFL (Buccaneers, Patriots, Broncos and Seahawks). As a Westhampton Hurricane, he was usually double- and triple-teamed.
----------
HENRY FEIL-BERNER, OL, 1976:
He won the Thorp Award as a dominant two-way lineman for the former Massapequa high school. Feil was a three-year starter at Purdue.
----------
JAMIE FRANKLIN-BRENTWOOD, HB, 1970:
He won the Hansen Award and led the Indians to their first undefeated season. Franklin was All-Long Island and played at Maryland.
----------
RON HELLER-FARMINGDALE, DL, 1979
Heller won the Thorp Award - and a state wrestling title. He was Baugh's teammate at Penn State and had a 12-year NFL career with the Bucs, Eagles and Dolphins.
----------
DAN JIGGETTS-WESTHAMPTON, DL, 1971:
A devastating two-way player, Jiggetts was All-Long Island and a three-time All-Ivy League selection at Harvard. He played seven years in the NFL with the Chicago Bears, later becoming the vice-president of the NFL Players Association and a Chicago sports talk show host.
----------
MATT KUPEC-SYOSSET, QB, 1974:
He won the Thorp Award and was the state player of the year. Kupec had an outstanding college career at North Carolina.
----------
Molinet Knows

Perryman, MD

#26290 Nov 22, 2009
Continued:

PAUL LANKFORD-FARMINGDALE, DB, 1976:
He was a versatile athlete and a speedster. He ran a 9.6 in the 100. Lankford played at Penn State and had a solid 10-year career with the Miami Dolphins.

----------

KEVIN MANNIX-SYOSSET, HB, 1973:
Earned All-Long Island and state player-of-the-year honors. Mannix played for Penn State and Rutgers.

----------

RALPH PERRETTA-HOLY TRINITY, DL, 1979:
He was All-Long Island and led the Titans to their first CHSFL title. Perretta attended Purdue, then played from 1975-80 with the San Diego Chargers and the second half of the 1980 season with the Giants.

----------

JOHN ROGAN-CHAMINADE, QB, 1977:
Rogan won the Thorp Award, leading Chaminade to the first CHSFL playoff title. He played college ball at Yale and led his team to three Ivy League titles.

----------

JOHN SCULLY-HOLY FAMILY, OL, 1975:
He was All-Long Island and became an outstanding center and All-American at Notre Dame. He played nine seasons with the Atlanta Falcons.

----------

MIKE TICE-CENTRAL ISLIP, QB, 1976:
Now the tight ends coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars, Tice won the Hansen Award and was All-Long Island, leading CI to an undefeated season. Tice played tight end at Maryland, 14 years in the NFL (Seahawks, Vikings and Redskins) and was head coach of the Vikings from 2001-05.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-school/foo...

“One Game at a Time!!!!”

Since: Aug 08

GO FLOYD!!!!

#26291 Nov 23, 2009
wffootballdad wrote:
......and the 6 was a gift.
Floyd Vivino

Brooklyn, NY

#26292 Nov 23, 2009
wffootballdad wrote:
I did ? Really ? That's news to me. Have you seen Charlie Stoddard ?
Canes

Westhampton Beach, NY

#26293 Nov 23, 2009
Nice list. Glad to see the two Westhampton Players on the list. Both were fantastic players. Danny Jiggetts was also the first African-American captain at Harvard.

Two of the finest linemen LI has ever produced came out of Westhampton!
littleburke123

Parlin, NJ

#26294 Nov 23, 2009
Canes wrote:
Nice list. Glad to see the two Westhampton Players on the list. Both were fantastic players. Danny Jiggetts was also the first African-American captain at Harvard.
Two of the finest linemen LI has ever produced came out of Westhampton!
jiggetts was a joke the only reason he made the bears was they were under pressure to have a black linemen on their team.check the bears record during that time they were horrble.the only reason he was captain at harvard again pressure to have a black.i know guys who played there and they were not happy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 min jimi-yank 309,597
The Three R's: Reichwing Republican Rants (Sep '10) 4 min ILAL 1,263
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 8 min ILAL 5,611
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 48 min SevenTee 306,373
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr RayOne 47,634
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 2 hr Enough 11,177
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr Tootsie Fox 9,414
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 5 hr Obama the tool 15,778

New York News Video

New York Dating