H.S. Football talk back

“Don't touch my puppy!”

Since: Jul 08

NY

#23639 Aug 17, 2008
You still invent excuses LI football not being on par with the best in the country.
LI Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure I'm understanding your point.Please explain.
Da Fan

Bronx, NY

#23640 Aug 17, 2008
Nice little comment regarding Brock Jackolski's progress so far at Hofstra.

http://www.hofstra.edu/Athletics/Football/ath...
Consprisy Theorist

Lynbrook, NY

#23641 Aug 18, 2008
I'm not knocking Bethpage Football or downplaying there program in anyway because we all know Bethpage has been one of the most dominating football teams in conference III for decades. With that being said, I feel Bethpage has an unfair advantage over the other teams in Nassau Conference III. You ask me How? Bethpage for the last few seasons has jumped out the gate with 3 football scrimmages while most teams in conference III only get two. A six-way or multi team scrimmage on 8/30 and one game scrimmage between 9/2 and 9/6. Bethpage on the other hand plays a multi game scrimmage on 8/30, A game scrimmage with Farmingdale on 9/3, and again on 9/5 another game scrimmage with Calhoun. While teams like Sewanhaka,Wantagh,Lynbrook only get 2 scrimmages. Talk about unfair advantage no wonder why they come out the gate smacking teams 30-0.

More Info 2008 Nassau County Scrimmages
http://www.liafo.org/scrimmage_schedule.htm
LIfan

Brookhaven, MS

#23642 Aug 18, 2008
Consprisy Theorist wrote:
I'm not knocking Bethpage Football or downplaying there program in anyway because we all know Bethpage has been one of the most dominating football teams in conference III for decades. With that being said, I feel Bethpage has an unfair advantage over the other teams in Nassau Conference III. You ask me How? Bethpage for the last few seasons has jumped out the gate with 3 football scrimmages while most teams in conference III only get two. A six-way or multi team scrimmage on 8/30 and one game scrimmage between 9/2 and 9/6. Bethpage on the other hand plays a multi game scrimmage on 8/30, A game scrimmage with Farmingdale on 9/3, and again on 9/5 another game scrimmage with Calhoun. While teams like Sewanhaka,Wantagh,Lynbrook only get 2 scrimmages. Talk about unfair advantage no wonder why they come out the gate smacking teams 30-0.
More Info 2008 Nassau County Scrimmages
http://www.liafo.org/scrimmage_schedule.htm
...but why do they continue to win throughout the season?
Consprisy Theorist

Lynbrook, NY

#23643 Aug 18, 2008
LIfan wrote:
<quoted text>...but why do they continue to win throughout the season?
The point is that Bethpage has an unfair advantage over the other teams in conference III from the beginning. Why is Bethpage the only team to play 3 preseason scrimmages while rest of Conference III schools only play 2. If you don't believe an Extra game scrimmage is an advantage then this argument is one I cannot win and not worth fighting.
LIfan

Brooklyn, NY

#23644 Aug 18, 2008
Consprisy Theorist wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that Bethpage has an unfair advantage over the other teams in conference III from the beginning. Why is Bethpage the only team to play 3 preseason scrimmages while rest of Conference III schools only play 2. If you don't believe an Extra game scrimmage is an advantage then this argument is one I cannot win and not worth fighting.
Bethpage has no special privileges...my suggestion would be that if you feel this is why Bethpage has been so succesful you ask the coaches of your program to do the same.
red devil 1980

Wantagh, NY

#23645 Aug 18, 2008
Bethpage is the class act of div III.... great district, solid coaching, good kids. farmingdale should be thankful that they are allowed to scrimage them
friarsfootball

Brooklyn, NY

#23647 Aug 19, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Does anyone think Smithtown will be a threat?
LI Football Fan

Bridgeport, CT

#23648 Aug 19, 2008
seeyaalright wrote:
You still invent excuses LI football not being on par with the best in the country.
<quoted text>
I'm inventing excuses??? You're kidding me, right???? I'm not the one saying that these kids start school at 6 and are left back in 8th grade just so they'll be older for HS football. I think that's a rediculous thing to do to a child, just to play football.
Da Fan

Bronx, NY

#23649 Aug 19, 2008
LI Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I'm inventing excuses??? You're kidding me, right???? I'm not the one saying that these kids start school at 6 and are left back in 8th grade just so they'll be older for HS football. I think that's a rediculous thing to do to a child, just to play football.
Not to change the subject but I do think its time to start talking some local Long Island football. How are things going down at the Floyd two-a-days? How to the boys look?
LI Football Fan

Bridgeport, CT

#23650 Aug 19, 2008
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to change the subject but I do think its time to start talking some local Long Island football. How are things going down at the Floyd two-a-days? How to the boys look?
It's going good.I haven't had a chance to watch practice too much, but my son says the teams looking good.First cuts are tommorow(Wed.) and I think the pads go on at the 2nd practice.
long island football fan

Edison, NJ

#23651 Aug 19, 2008
LI Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>It's going good.I haven't had a chance to watch practice too much, but my son says the teams looking good.First cuts are tommorow(Wed.) and I think the pads go on at the 2nd practice.
I agree with you time to start talking about Long ISland..... hows Division 1 looking ? hows PAt -Med
Da Fan

Bronx, NY

#23652 Aug 19, 2008
LI Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>It's going good.I haven't had a chance to watch practice too much, but my son says the teams looking good.First cuts are tommorow(Wed.) and I think the pads go on at the 2nd practice.
That's real good to here. If you can please keep me posted on how things look (without giving to much away) I would appreciate it. I am in the dark until the scrimmages start. I am looked forward to the season and I have good feelings about this up coming season. Good luck to your son in what is hopefully another championship run.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#23653 Aug 19, 2008
friarsfootball wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lyOyFLFj-mgXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Does anyone think Smithtown will be a threat?
If Smithtown West is to be a threat they must be able to beat teams with winning records. If you take the last three seasons 2005(7-2), 2006(4-4), & 2007(3-5)you will see that Smithtown West only beat two teams with winning records in three years, Copiague(5-3)28-16 in 2005 and Hauppauge(5-3)64-46 in 2006. Plus the fact that in 2006(199-214)and 2007(98-147), West was outscored by their opponents in both those years.

In 2005 West was 7-2 Opponents W/L records were 29-48. They beat Copaigue(5-3), Lawrence(4-5), HHHE(3-5), Bayshore(2-7), North Babylon(0-8), Whitman(2-7) & Deer Park(1-7). Points F/A 299-110. The W/L record of these teams was 17-42. The problem is the seven teams they beat had a W/L record of 17-42, and the teams they lost to had a combined record of 12-6(West Islip 8-2, Riverhead 4-4). Grant you West did loss these two games by a combined 4 points.

In 2006 West was 4-4, Opponents W/L records were 39-32. They beat Hauppauge(5-3), Copiague(2-6), Centereach(2-6) and HHHE(0-8). The W/L record for these teams was 9-23. Points F/A 199-214. The record of the teams they beat was 9-23. Now they lost to Bellport(10-1), East Islip(7-3), Riverhead(8-1), and West Islip(5-4). The combined W/L record of these teams were 30-9.

In 2007 West was 3-5, Opponents W/L records were 39-31. They beat Deer Park(4-4), Smithtown East(2-6) and HHHE(1-7). The W/L record for these teams was 7-17. Points F/A 98-147. They lost to East Islip(11-0), West Islip(7-3), Riverhead(6-3), North Babylon(4-4), Copiague(4-4). The combined W/L record for these teams is 32-14

Bottom line Smithtown West will have to start beating teams with winning records.
friend

East Rockaway, NY

#23654 Aug 20, 2008
is it true next saturday there is a 3 way scrimmage with floyd,bellport and st.anthonys if so does anybody know what time and where is it going to be. thanks good luck to all teams
floydfan

Bronx, NY

#23656 Aug 20, 2008
friend wrote:
is it true next saturday there is a 3 way scrimmage with floyd,bellport and st.anthonys if so does anybody know what time and where is it going to be. thanks good luck to all teams
there is a 3 way scrimmage on Saturday August 30th 8 am at Floyd.
LI Football Fan

Bridgeport, CT

#23657 Aug 20, 2008
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's real good to here. If you can please keep me posted on how things look (without giving to much away) I would appreciate it. I am in the dark until the scrimmages start. I am looked forward to the season and I have good feelings about this up coming season. Good luck to your son in what is hopefully another championship run.
I miss understood my son about the pads going on today. They were giving them out today. He already had his so I thought they were going to practice in pads. Maybe tommorrow, he says.I'll find out when he gets home.
LI Football Fan

Bridgeport, CT

#23658 Aug 20, 2008
friend wrote:
The scrimage was originally list on the section XI website, as a 4 way at 9AM, between Floyd, Bellport, Wyndanch, and St. A's. Now all it says is scrimage @ Floyd 9AM.
LI Football Fan

Bridgeport, CT

#23659 Aug 20, 2008
floydfan wrote:
<quoted text>
there is a 3 way scrimmage on Saturday August 30th 8 am at Floyd.
Yes, it could be at 8AM. The notice sent home with the team says 8AM,4 way scrimage.Maybe the team has to be there by 8. The website has it listed starting at 9.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#23660 Aug 20, 2008
I see LIBlitz.com published their first, second and honorable preseason teams.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 26 min FuMan Chu Yanks 329,647
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min Into The Night 60,009
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Chelsea (Nov '13) 35 min SPAM-A-LOT 31
Bernie Sanders Endorses Hillary Clinton 39 min feel that BERN baby 3
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 39 min jimi-yank 40,085
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr SweLL GirL 15,359
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr GEORGIA 14,572
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr Bloody Bill Anderson 10,942
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages