Northeast buttons up against terrifying megastorm

Oct 28, 2012 Full story: Star-Telegram.com 12

Shelters began opening and tens of thousands of people were ordered to evacuate coastal areas Sunday as big cities and small towns across the Northeast buttoned up against the onslaught of a superstorm threatening some 60 million people along the most heavily populated corridor in the nation.

Full Story
pogue mahone

Sayville, NY

#3 Oct 28, 2012
An Obama win would be much more terrifying than a passing storm.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4 Oct 28, 2012
Most decent hard working New Yorkers are NON-tobacco smokers. While the wealthy Mayor busied himself wasting hard earned taxpayer money harassing diners who seasoned their foul-tasting "Government approved" food with salt, the danger of subway flooding went unaddressed. As a result, millions of ordinary worker ("middle") class New Yorkers are in danger of drowning 'neath the city's sidewalks every time a new "record breaking" storm hits. What is wrong with this picture?

Ronald

liner

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Oct 28, 2012
Ronald wrote:
Most decent hard working New Yorkers are NON-tobacco smokers. While the wealthy Mayor busied himself wasting hard earned taxpayer money harassing diners who seasoned their foul-tasting "Government approved" food with salt, the danger of subway flooding went unaddressed. As a result, millions of ordinary worker ("middle") class New Yorkers are in danger of drowning 'neath the city's sidewalks every time a new "record breaking" storm hits. What is wrong with this picture?
Ronald
The NYC subway has been running for over a hundred years. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#6 Oct 28, 2012
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
The NYC subway has been running for over a hundred years. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
liner.

You are taking this matter much too lightly. The sensationalist Government licensed "news" media is reporting (as usual) that the approaching storm will be "a record breaker". Millions of salt using New Yorkers may drown in the city's subway system alongside their non-tobacco using brethren. There are even unsubstantiated reports that the waxing moon may even cause the tide to come in.

Ronald
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#7 Oct 28, 2012
The children of overtaxed Californians often ask me why Governor Cuomo hasn't used some small portion of the massive amount of tax money he collects from increasingly impoverished New Yorkers to weatherize the areas' electrical grid system and to modernize the hundred year old New York subway system.

I always explain to the kids that peaceful upstate Indians were selling gasoline and tobacco products to hard working White women and men for LESS! and that was causing political feedback from wealthy politically connected franchisees of off-reservation Big convenience stores.

I tell the children the politicians must be skilled in the latest management theory. One of those theories, the so-called "systems management" style of management has been developed and "improved" in expensive taxpayer funded, Big Government controlled universities.

An important element of that management theory is the principle of "first things first".(so to speak) Well-heeled politicians cannot concentrate their full attention to their ongoing and increasingly escalating wars against peaceful upstate Indians, salt users, beverage drinkers, and others, while at the same time giving attention to infrastructure improvements.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/9rlcoxg

Source: http://tinyurl.com/9krpojh

Source: http://tinyurl.com/9v7qyob

Ronald
Anonymous

Chengdu, China

#8 Oct 28, 2012
Nice!
I recently found a great dating site for us over 50 singles,------- Over50LuvĚcom --------Browse thousands of profiles with verified photos, it is easy and secure. have a try!!!
Community Disorganizer

Florham Park, NJ

#9 Oct 29, 2012
New Yorker's greatest fear of the approaching hurricane is that their doormen will be unable to make it to work.
Knee Jerk

Medford, NY

#10 Oct 29, 2012
"terrifying megastorm"???

Really?

This will pass over.....a few people will be without power for a few days.....deal with it people....... Move on.
give him a cookie

Riverhead, NY

#11 Oct 29, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
liner.
You are taking this matter much too lightly. The sensationalist Government licensed "news" media is reporting (as usual) that the approaching storm will be "a record breaker". Millions of salt using New Yorkers may drown in the city's subway system alongside their non-tobacco using brethren. There are even unsubstantiated reports that the waxing moon may even cause the tide to come in.
Ronald
What village donated its idiot???

Answers to the name, "Ronald".
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Oct 29, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
liner.
Ronald
whatevahhhhhh
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#13 Oct 29, 2012
give him a cookie wrote:
<quoted text>
What village donated its idiot???
Answers to the name, "Ronald".
give him a cookie and liner.

Overtaxed Americans cannot fail to note Big Obama is the candidate of choice of the Government licensed "news" media people. This is especially true of "guilt ridden White" "news" people who get tingles up their legs just thinking of Obama. Ordinary folks' suspicion that "the news" is using "the storm of the century" to promote the image of Obama as a crisis leader are entirely off the mark. Yeah. Right.

Ronald
Father MulCahey

Medford, NY

#14 Oct 30, 2012
THIS was just an "appetizer" for the December doomsday!!!!

People of earth beware!!!!!

We will be with Jesus soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 24 min Gtown71 306,190
New Nylon Strengthening Agent 1 hr Effective applic... 1
Do we know when we are truly happy? 2 hr lolafiona 1
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 2 hr VeganTiger 54,518
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 2 hr poppasmurf 10,990
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 3 hr Maude 15,544
who are the best looking race/group of women in... 3 hr DukeofWellington 1
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 5 hr Big mike 309,265

New York News Video

New York Dating