Poll: NY voters angry over Senate coup

Full story: Newsday

A new poll says 77 percent of New York voters are angry that the state Senate didn't pass any legislation during a power struggle that paralyzed the chamber for more than a month.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Shanaynay

Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

If my co-workers and myself pulled a stunt like that,we'd be out of a job. Lets put these clowns out of a job in 2010.
Loyal Democrat

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

The more the government does not work, the more government New Yorkers seem to crave.
Mikem

Upton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

The 2 numbnuts, Espada and Monster Rat should be publicly whipped for what they did. Latinos should be ashamed for the self serving actions of these 2. If this garbage manages to get reelected their constituents deserve every bad thing that happens to them.While we are at it, Skelos the Skell deserves some public humiliation too.
Voter

Stony Brook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Employees were almost laid off because of them. People in dire straights, were given the scare of their lives, like they didn't have enough to deal with, and those clowns in the NYS Senate were playing games and getting paid!

I will NOT vote for my State Senator come November 2010.

If I pulled this or any of my co-workers pulled this, we would have been hauled into court.

I think the Governor, as bad as he has been, did a good thing by standing up to them in every and any way he could think of. I honestly believe that he didn't think it would go on that long and when it did he went after them. I'm left wondering why Andrew Cuomo didn't. Thank you to the State Treasurer and the State Comptroller for doing their jobs.
rob

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

They should be burned at the stake. Wait till next election.
Roseamarie

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

This makes me angry that they get away with this. They shouldn't be getting a paycheck maybe then they'd straighten up and work. We'd all be fired if we didn't do our jobs and they get away with it. It's a disgrace.
Time for a Change

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Vote out all incumbents in 2010!! State and Federal.
Long Island Taxpayer

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

The behavior of the NY Senate was comparable to a bunch of fourth graders that can't agree to follow theplay ground rules and want to make up their own set of rules.
Moe Syzlak

Tenafly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Vote them all out...guilt by association. In this economic environment, they pull this act? Try getting away with that in the private sector. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS AND SEND A MESSAGE TO ALBANY!!!!
albeit

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

no work, no pay.
for them to accept a paycheck for doing nothing should be criminal. they are stealing from the taxpayers and should all be fined in the amount that they received during that time and now.
Realist

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

New York government is owned by municipal and teacher unions. It does not represent the citizens of NYS.

If they cared, they would not raise spending like drunken sailors. It's better for us if they don't meet...
albeit

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

Mikem wrote:
The 2 numbnuts, Espada and Monster Rat should be publicly whipped for what they did. Latinos should be ashamed for the self serving actions of these 2. If this garbage manages to get reelected their constituents deserve every bad thing that happens to them.
not to worry, soto-MY-OR will take care of it.

Since: Dec 08

New Hyde Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Say Goodnight hot shots!
disgusted with Skelos

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Roseamarie wrote:
This makes me angry that they get away with this. They shouldn't be getting a paycheck maybe then they'd straighten up and work. We'd all be fired if we didn't do our jobs and they get away with it. It's a disgrace.
No paycheck wouldn't change a thing. They are all filthy rich that a month's paycheck wouldn't bother them. They would just use it as a tax write-off and make more money because of it.
Jenn

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

I do not get paid when I do not work, sorry you guys get NOTHING!!!

“Read between the lines”

Since: Mar 07

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

The childish behavior of the NYS Senate is an embarrasment to everyone who is from NY, and only goes to show how much partisan politics can and do cripple our governments. We need to elect people who do not side with legislation based on which party made it, so much as people who do or do not support it based off of what the legislation is about, and how it serves the people these idiots represent, as opposed to how it will serve only themselves.
The only major problem is that when the next elections come around, a vast majority of people will forget about how their senators own political agendas paralized the state. DO NOT FORGET what has happened when you goto the polls next yea. Vote out all the senators who didn't work for a month, because of their kindergarten behavior.
voter

Saint James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Their actions are deplorable, disgraceful, imbecile, embarrassing, expensive, wasteful, and childish. They kept their paychecks, whether they needed them or not. None have returned them to the public coffers. That is theft. They are public servants - now simply a public nuisance. We will return an eye for an eye by stealing their jobs from them in 2010 in the voting booth, perhaps reminding them whom they are reporting to.. Newsday, please remind all of us again on November 4, 2010. You will be doing all of us a public service.
Polly wanna Paper

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

Ooooooh! The Reps pulled a "coup" and voters aren't
going to forget!
It was NewsRag that loved it when Jim Jeffords was bribed to switch to Dem, giving them control of the Senate.
No "coup" then, right NewsRag?
mook

Sayville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

Show your anger at the polls. Brian Foley and Craig Johnson were primary causes of this coup because they consistently failed to represent their constituents by kowtowing to NYC, Vote them out!
Defeat Foley in 2010

Huntington Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

Let's all remember the role Brian Foley played in electing Malcolm Smith as Senate majority leader. Mr. Smith helped shaft LI on school aid, the MTA mobility tax and the abolishment of the STAR property tax rebate program. Foley cares nothing about his constituents, instead preferring to curry favor with his NYC Democratic Party masters.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the New York Forum right now

Search the New York Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min SevenTee 303,287
Savages downplayed in the media (Feb '10) 5 min ILALs BRONX SAVAGES 5,381
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 9 min FuMan Chu Yanks 302,103
Is Krap Slop the dumbest Hillbilly on the Topix... (Mar '11) 30 min ZCs HILLBILLY SAVAGE-PIC 1,426
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 47 min The Honky Tonk Man 588
We VS We (Nov '09) 1 hr ZCs 1,655
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 42,989
•••
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••
•••
•••

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••