Police: Drunken driver crashes into an officer's car -- again

Full story: Newsday 48
Less than two weeks after a Nassau County police officer was nearly killed by an allegedly drunken driver, a precinct commander's squad car was struck Friday night by a driver who authorities said was drunk. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SO VERY SICK

Newark, NJ

#1 May 31, 2008
Sorry folks.......so sick of these drunk drivers, and the lives they ruin with their careless actions. Just wish that any one who even sits behind the wheel of a car while impaired from drinking or drugs, pays the ultimate price...their life!
Nothing seems to deter these idiots! They are never too drunk, or too high to drive! It will never happen to me, I can handle my alcohol, they say. Well folks, it does not seem to matter what time you drive, one of these fools are out on the same roads we're driving on, and truly it seems, but for the grace of God, you make it home safely! You drunks are such a pathetic bunch of losers!
Southampton

Woodbridge, CT

#2 May 31, 2008
It seems like Nassau County gets all the spotlight, but what about the Southampton Village Police officer that was struck by a drunk driver in a marked patrol car the other night.
Tom

Briarcliff Manor, NY

#5 May 31, 2008
DEATH PENALTY FOR DRUNKS!
Tom

Briarcliff Manor, NY

#6 May 31, 2008
an American wrote:
Did anybody check the inspectors sobriety?????? Nassau cops have been arrested numerous times for dwi!!!!
YOU'RE A DOPE!

Since: Jan 07

Hagerstown, MD

#7 Jun 1, 2008
Tax Alcohol Bev. 5000% Problem salve
Bring Impaired up grade to Intoxicated. Change the law to 0 tolerance.
ZTOL

West Milford, NJ

#8 Jun 1, 2008
A R B wrote:
Tax Alcohol Bev. 5000% Problem salve
Bring Impaired up grade to Intoxicated. Change the law to 0 tolerance.
SHE WAS CHARGED WITH DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED
ZTOL

West Milford, NJ

#9 Jun 1, 2008
an American wrote:
Did anybody check the inspectors sobriety?????? Nassau cops have been arrested numerous times for dwi!!!!
You are a dope
Crimson

Westbury, NY

#12 Jun 1, 2008
So what - a few drinks never hurt anyone. Suozzi is just pandering to the non-drinking zealots. Would Suozzi sit in a car with a Kennedy driving?
Death Race

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jun 1, 2008
Congratulations to Wilma Klass, 59, of 188 Hewlett Ave. in Merrick for being a moron.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#15 Jun 1, 2008
IT LOOKS LIKE THE BOOZERS ARE OUT IN FORCE, & POLICE CRUISERS ARE THEIR NEW TARGETS.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#16 Jun 1, 2008
SO VERY SICK wrote:
Sorry folks.......so sick of these drunk drivers, and the lives they ruin with their careless actions. Just wish that any one who even sits behind the wheel of a car while impaired from drinking or drugs, pays the ultimate price...their life!
Nothing seems to deter these idiots! They are never too drunk, or too high to drive! It will never happen to me, I can handle my alcohol, they say. Well folks, it does not seem to matter what time you drive, one of these fools are out on the same roads we're driving on, and truly it seems, but for the grace of God, you make it home safely! You drunks are such a pathetic bunch of losers!
SORRY...BUT I'LL BET...AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER, YOU WERE BEHIND THE WHEEL DRUNK, OR IMPAIRED.....THIS INCLUDES WHILE BEING SLEEPY..... A PERSON WHO IS DOZING OFF WHILE DRIVING IS JUST AS A DANGER AS A BOOZED UP DRIVER....DON'T EVEN TRY TO DENY THAT!!!!...MEANWHILE......BACK ON THE ROADWAYS....THE BOOZERS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!....THERE ARE MORE DRUNKS ON THE ROADS DRIVING AROUND THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE!!!......RICE A RONI THINKS SHE IS CLEANING THE STREETS,... BUT HARDLY MAKING A DENT IN THE PROBLEM.....I DO "NOT" SUPPORT, OR CONDONE D.W.I. BUT STATS SHOW THAT OVER 70% OF ALL MOTOR VEHICLE FATALITIES ARE CAUSED BY SOBER DRIVERS.....SO THIS TELLS US IT TOOK A SOBER DRIVER TO CAUSE THE SAME RESULTS THAT A DRUNK CAUSED + 20%.....HUH....THIS SAYS TO ME MOST OF THESE PEOPLE CANT DRIVE RESPONSIBLY, DRUNK, OR SOBER TO BEGIN WITH!!!!....IF WE ARE SO CONCERNED WITH GETTING THE DRUNKS OFF OF THE ROAD.....WHAT ABOUT THE 70% OF THE OTHER KILLERS OUT THERE WHO ARE SOBER.....NOTHING....NOTHING IS EVEN MENTIONED ABOUT THEM.....DOES THIS MEAN IT'S OK TO KILL WHILE STUPID, BUT NOT DRUNK???? ANNND......MOST OF THE HANG EM HIGH, GOOODY GOOODY TWO SHOES OUT THERE CRYING FOR JUSTICE, HAVE DRIVEN DRUNK AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER IN THEIR LIFETIME, SO GET OFF OF YOUR HIGH HORSE, & REALIZE THIS IS A BIGGER PROBLEM THAN YOU THINK, & THE HARVEY WALLBANGERS AREN'T THE ONLY ONES ONES KILLING US ON THE ROADS.
Death Race

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Jun 1, 2008
WOODY from ST JAMES wrote:
IT LOOKS LIKE THE BOOZERS ARE OUT IN FORCE, & POLICE CRUISERS ARE THEIR NEW TARGETS.
What the NCPD should do is charge these idiots with a bias crime for intentionally hitting a patrol car. How can you not know itís a police car with all the flashing lights and a very distinctive look?
They also need to make these people pay for the cars out of their pockets. Itís not fair to raise insurance rates of everyone when only a select few choose to hit these innocent cars. Itís also unfair to pay for replacement cars with our tax dollars. I donít remember the exact figure, but the last figure I read showed each car has a price tag of over $100,000. Make these fools pay.

Too bad the drunks canít hit only each other. That would make for some funny stories.
PERFECT TOMMY

White Plains, NY

#18 Jun 1, 2008
Wilma has no Klass.
BOBBY

Bronx, NY

#19 Jun 1, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
What the NCPD should do is charge these idiots with a bias crime for intentionally hitting a patrol car. How can you not know itís a police car with all the flashing lights and a very distinctive look?
They also need to make these people pay for the cars out of their pockets. Itís not fair to raise insurance rates of everyone when only a select few choose to hit these innocent cars. Itís also unfair to pay for replacement cars with our tax dollars. I donít remember the exact figure, but the last figure I read showed each car has a price tag of over $100,000. Make these fools pay.
Too bad the drunks canít hit only each other. That would make for some funny stories.
insurance companys don/t pay now if your high.
carolina

Massapequa, NY

#20 Jun 1, 2008
MUG SHOT !
carolina

Massapequa, NY

#21 Jun 1, 2008
<quoted text>SORRY...BUT I'LL BET...AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER, YOU WERE BEHIND THE WHEEL DRUNK, OR IMPAIRED.....THIS INCLUDES WHILE BEING SLEEPY..... A PERSON WHO IS DOZING OFF WHILE DRIVING IS JUST AS A DANGER AS A BOOZED UP DRIVER....DON'T EVEN TRY TO DENY THAT!!!!...MEANWHILE......BACK ON THE ROADWAYS....THE BOOZERS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!....THERE ARE MORE DRUNKS ON THE ROADS DRIVING AROUND THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE!!!......RICE A RONI THINKS SHE IS CLEANING THE STREETS,... BUT HARDLY MAKING A DENT IN THE PROBLEM.....I DO "NOT" SUPPORT, OR CONDONE D.W.I. BUT STATS SHOW THAT OVER 70% OF ALL MOTOR VEHICLE FATALITIES ARE CAUSED BY SOBER DRIVERS.....SO THIS TELLS US IT TOOK A SOBER DRIVER TO CAUSE THE SAME RESULTS THAT A DRUNK CAUSED + 20%.....HUH....THIS SAYS TO ME MOST OF THESE PEOPLE CANT DRIVE RESPONSIBLY, DRUNK, OR SOBER TO BEGIN WITH!!!!....IF WE ARE SO CONCERNED WITH GETTING THE DRUNKS OFF OF THE ROAD.....WHAT ABOUT THE 70% OF THE OTHER KILLERS OUT THERE WHO ARE SOBER.....NOTHING....NOTHING IS EVEN MENTIONED ABOUT THEM.....DOES THIS MEAN IT'S OK TO KILL WHILE STUPID, BUT NOT DRUNK???? ANNND......MOST OF THE HANG EM HIGH, GOOODY GOOODY TWO SHOES OUT THERE CRYING FOR JUSTICE, HAVE DRIVEN DRUNK AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER IN THEIR LIFETIME, SO GET OFF OF YOUR HIGH HORSE, & REALIZE THIS IS A BIGGER PROBLEM THAN YOU THINK, & THE HARVEY WALLBANGERS AREN'T THE ONLY ONES ONES KILLING US ON THE ROADS.
You are YELLING ! Yelling doesn't work here (or anywhere).
What's your point? Don't drive drunk AND don't drive sober?
BUSTER

AOL

#22 Jun 1, 2008
an American wrote:
what a jerk...
BUSTER

AOL

#23 Jun 1, 2008
<quoted text>SORRY...BUT I'LL BET...AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER, YOU WERE BEHIND THE WHEEL DRUNK, OR IMPAIRED.....THIS INCLUDES WHILE BEING SLEEPY..... A PERSON WHO IS DOZING OFF WHILE DRIVING IS JUST AS A DANGER AS A BOOZED UP DRIVER....DON'T EVEN TRY TO DENY THAT!!!!...MEANWHILE......BACK ON THE ROADWAYS....THE BOOZERS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!....THERE ARE MORE DRUNKS ON THE ROADS DRIVING AROUND THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE!!!......RICE A RONI THINKS SHE IS CLEANING THE STREETS,... BUT HARDLY MAKING A DENT IN THE PROBLEM.....I DO "NOT" SUPPORT, OR CONDONE D.W.I. BUT STATS SHOW THAT OVER 70% OF ALL MOTOR VEHICLE FATALITIES ARE CAUSED BY SOBER DRIVERS.....SO THIS TELLS US IT TOOK A SOBER DRIVER TO CAUSE THE SAME RESULTS THAT A DRUNK CAUSED + 20%.....HUH....THIS SAYS TO ME MOST OF THESE PEOPLE CANT DRIVE RESPONSIBLY, DRUNK, OR SOBER TO BEGIN WITH!!!!....IF WE ARE SO CONCERNED WITH GETTING THE DRUNKS OFF OF THE ROAD.....WHAT ABOUT THE 70% OF THE OTHER KILLERS OUT THERE WHO ARE SOBER.....NOTHING....NOTHING IS EVEN MENTIONED ABOUT THEM.....DOES THIS MEAN IT'S OK TO KILL WHILE STUPID, BUT NOT DRUNK???? ANNND......MOST OF THE HANG EM HIGH, GOOODY GOOODY TWO SHOES OUT THERE CRYING FOR JUSTICE, HAVE DRIVEN DRUNK AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER IN THEIR LIFETIME, SO GET OFF OF YOUR HIGH HORSE, & REALIZE THIS IS A BIGGER PROBLEM THAN YOU THINK, & THE HARVEY WALLBANGERS AREN'T THE ONLY ONES ONES KILLING US ON THE ROADS.
you are right...some have driven home drunk...but lots are smart enough to learn not to drink and drive..and as far as RIce is concerned..well at least she is doing something at least it is a beginning...as far as your statistics go...that is why there are called accidents...and mostly because of cell phones and text messaging...while driving...I think the fines should be higher and mandatory jail time and your car impounded if you arrested and convicted of drunk driving...even a minor offense...maybe 30 in jail..that should pretty much screw you up financially in this finicial nightmare we are living in...and people on your cell phones....driving...well sometimes I think I may want to take my chances againest a drunk driver anytime then deal with you...especially the jerk in the silver car Friday morning around 7:45 on the Meadowbrook in the left lane going north..tying up traffic...test messaging...now this was a f---ing jerk...and then when he was done..takes off like the ass wipe he is doing 70..
Rocky

Lebanon, NH

#24 Jun 1, 2008
Outrage! Anyone who drives could become a victim of a drunk driver. Slaughter on the highways by drunk and drug impaired drivers must be dealt with harshly to send a message to these would be killers of innocent people and children.
Sean

AOL

#25 Jun 1, 2008
The focus on DWI is totally correct.However what about the non drinking driver who terrifies us all every day and gets away with almost murder.
They are all around us,stop on red,yield,stop signs,speed limit,tailgating,cell phones etc etc.They have no fear at all do they as they do their thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 9 min Robert Burns 16,790
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 min STO 305,663
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 14 min MAYOR DYSASTER 6,442
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 47 min the Don 308,014
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 1 hr positronium 675
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 1 hr positronium 6,389
Would you participate in a class action law sui... (Apr '13) 1 hr Rodamez88 57
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 3 hr Nemo Noone aka Op... 15,082
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 6 hr Week 2 begins in ... 10,590
•••

New York News Video

•••
New York Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

New York Jobs

•••