If the Tea Party formed a Well Regula...

If the Tea Party formed a Well Regulated Militia

Posted in the New York Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Washington DC

Corona Del Mar, CA

#1 Jul 24, 2014
... would that satisfy the liberals with respect to gun control?
Jeez

Chatsworth, CA

#3 Jul 27, 2014
Yes. It's in the constitution.
Bloody Bill Anderson

Hopkinsville, KY

#4 Jul 28, 2014
Jeez wrote:
Yes. It's in the constitution.
No, it is not in the Constitution that political parties can form private armies. Militias were organized and regulated by the states and militiamen served the state that they lived in.
Washington DC

Corona Del Mar, CA

#5 Jul 28, 2014
Bloody Bill Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is not in the Constitution that political parties can form private armies. Militias were organized and regulated by the states and militiamen served the state that they lived in.
After the 2nd amendment was ratified and signed, no one's guns were taken away.
Bloody Bill Anderson

Hopkinsville, KY

#6 Jul 28, 2014
Washington DC wrote:
<quoted text>
After the 2nd amendment was ratified and signed, no one's guns were taken away.
That is true. The second amendment guarantees the individuals' right to keep and bear arms. It does so in order that they can be called into service as a levee en masse by the state for defense, not so that they can form into private armies. That is where the "well regulated" part comes in.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#7 Jul 28, 2014
<quoted text>
That is true. The second amendment guarantees the individuals' right to keep and bear arms. It does so in order that they can be called into service as a levee en masse by the state for defense, not so that they can form into private armies. That is where the "well regulated" part comes in.
For defense from whom, what?
Washington DC

Corona Del Mar, CA

#8 Jul 29, 2014
<quoted text>
Good. I agree with you. We get to keep and bear arms.
nac

Bellmore, NY

#9 Jul 29, 2014
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
For defense from whom, what?
Suppose an unlikely scenario unfolded where our borders were thrown wide open for some reason. Then suppose the "terrorists" that want to wage jihad against the USA decided to exploit that situation and began invading and doing all kinds of terrorist-ey things here.

Sure, it's unlikely because we secure our border... oh wait.

You may want to visit the gun store, "General."

Draketown, GA

#10 Jul 29, 2014
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose an unlikely scenario unfolded where our borders were thrown wide open for some reason. Then suppose the "terrorists" that want to wage jihad against the USA decided to exploit that situation and began invading and doing all kinds of terrorist-ey things here.
Sure, it's unlikely because we secure our border... oh wait.
You may want to visit the gun store, "General."
No need to visit the gun store, at least not for another year or so when it's time to teach the grandchildren safe firearms practices.
nac

Bellmore, NY

#11 Jul 29, 2014
<quoted text>
No need to visit the gun store, at least not for another year or so when it's time to teach the grandchildren safe firearms practices.
If you and the rest of the uninformed masses continue to ignore what is happening at our southern border... your grandchildren are going to have a bad time.

If you're too lazy to get informed for your own good... maybe you'll consider doing it for their well-being?

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#12 Jul 29, 2014
Didn't you guys hear about 'Operation American Spring'. Google it up. Advertised for six months as tens of million of people descending upon Washington. A day to celebrate liberty and freedom, the start of the second American revolution. President Obama was to be chased out of office by a horde of 30 million angry white people who had come from every trailer park in the country to fight for their God-given right to be poor and stupid.

So they converged on Washington D.C., confident that their fellow Tea Party patriots would join them to form a huge redneck militia Party ….. to be named ‘Mullets For America!’ or some similar name to fit the crowd.

Only they show up and ….. and ….. Hey, where the heck is everyone? Where’s the millions of Obama-hating, freedom-loving patriots? Did the flyers say tens of millions of people or tens of people?

The Tea Party showed in full force ….. all three or four dozen of them. Most of them from Texas (surprise!).

Draketown, GA

#13 Jul 29, 2014
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
If you and the rest of the uninformed masses continue to ignore what is happening at our southern border... your grandchildren are going to have a bad time.
If you're too lazy to get informed for your own good... maybe you'll consider doing it for their well-being?
Who do you think you are? You think you know me? I think all American borders should be 100% secured. In fact, we should build a canal, about a mile wide, from Brownsville to San Diego and let the sharks patrol it. On top of that, look at the opportunities for economic growth, recreation, and irrigation. One more thing, the biggest threat to my grandchildren, is the growing tyranny in our government, and that is the primary reason the second amendment exists. Get informed? Me? You should try it before you make a bigger fool of yourself than you already have.

#14 Jul 29, 2014
Can you picture three or four dozen mullet-wearing rednecks crammed into a 1964 Winnebago going cross-country to Washington. I wonder how many died on the way? If you put too many goldfish into a bowl you'll usually lose about half of them.

#15 Jul 29, 2014
<quoted text>
Who do you think you are? You think you know me? I think all American borders should be 100% secured. In fact, we should build a canal, about a mile wide, from Brownsville to San Diego and let the sharks patrol it. On top of that, look at the opportunities for economic growth, recreation, and irrigation. One more thing, the biggest threat to my grandchildren, is the growing tyranny in our government, and that is the primary reason the second amendment exists. Get informed? Me? You should try it before you make a bigger fool of yourself than you already have.
It won't work. I'm from Kentucky and we got the Ohio River, which is pretty wide and deep, Between us and Ohio, and we still can't keep Ohioans out of our state.

Draketown, GA

#16 Jul 29, 2014
___Jenny___ wrote:
Didn't you guys hear about 'Operation American Spring'. Google it up. Advertised for six months as tens of million of people descending upon Washington. A day to celebrate liberty and freedom, the start of the second American revolution. President Obama was to be chased out of office by a horde of 30 million angry white people who had come from every trailer park in the country to fight for their God-given right to be poor and stupid.
So they converged on Washington D.C., confident that their fellow Tea Party patriots would join them to form a huge redneck militia Party ….. to be named ‘Mullets For America!’ or some similar name to fit the crowd.
Only they show up and ….. and ….. Hey, where the heck is everyone? Where’s the millions of Obama-hating, freedom-loving patriots? Did the flyers say tens of millions of people or tens of people?
The Tea Party showed in full force ….. all three or four dozen of them. Most of them from Texas (surprise!).
Clueless

Draketown, GA

#17 Jul 29, 2014
___Jenny___ wrote:
Can you picture three or four dozen mullet-wearing rednecks crammed into a 1964 Winnebago going cross-country to Washington. I wonder how many died on the way? If you put too many goldfish into a bowl you'll usually lose about half of them.
So that's the reason behind all the black gang violence in the inner cities! Thanks for clearing that up.
nac

Bellmore, NY

#18 Jul 29, 2014
<quoted text>
I'm glad to see that you are informed.

I wrongly assumed that your "For defense from whom, what?" question, combined with your dismissive "No need to visit the gun store" comment in response to my very valid reason to visit the gun store ... was coming from the typical topix NY forum poster point of view that blind worship of obama's government will take care of everything.

Obviously, my posts made you extremely angry. I was just trying to wake someone up that appeared to be asleep. I wasn't trying to harm you, I was trying to help you... so calm down.

Draketown, GA

#19 Jul 29, 2014
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad to see that you are informed.
I wrongly assumed that your "For defense from whom, what?" question, combined with your dismissive "No need to visit the gun store" comment in response to my very valid reason to visit the gun store ... was coming from the typical topix NY forum poster point of view that blind worship of obama's government will take care of everything.
Obviously, my posts made you extremely angry. I was just trying to wake someone up that appeared to be asleep. I wasn't trying to harm you, I was trying to help you... so calm down.
No need means I have enough, teaching grandchildren to shoot, those are two pretty good clues there about me. Defense from whom, because most don't have a clue about the 2nd amendment, how and why it exists, and the subsequent rulings over the years strengthening it. I too, was trying to wake someone up, obviously it was way over their heads. And that, is how Obama got elected, twice, by the clueless and uneducated masses.
nac

Bellmore, NY

#20 Jul 29, 2014
<quoted text>
No need means I have enough, teaching grandchildren to shoot, those are two pretty good clues there about me. Defense from whom, because most don't have a clue about the 2nd amendment, how and why it exists, and the subsequent rulings over the years strengthening it. I too, was trying to wake someone up, obviously it was way over their heads. And that, is how Obama got elected, twice, by the clueless and uneducated masses.
Fair enough, good sir. You have to understand that this forum is 99% authoritarians that think that they are "liberal" because they don't know any better.

#21 Jul 29, 2014
<quoted text>
So that's the reason behind all the black gang violence in the inner cities! Thanks for clearing that up.
This from a guy from a state (Georgia) that's among the top fifteen states with the highest murder rates?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr DILLIGAF 11,273
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 hr Princess Hey 14,932
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr Princess Hey 15,789
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 hr Paul Yanks 40,861
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr Paul Yanks 330,589
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 4 hr Warrior Xcrement 2,537
Can Hillary appeal to the L G B T and Q communi... 5 hr Disco balls 1
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 10 hr Ronald McDonald 22

New York Jobs

More from around the web