Giants talk back
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#2718 Oct 10, 2013
65.8 passer rating, folks that is last in the league. Last year he was sacked 19 times, he will pass that total probably in game 6 tonight. Ryan Tannehill has been sacked 22 times this year, Drew Brees 13, Alex Smith 13, Russell Wilson 15, what's the difference? They don't close there eyes and chunk the ball down field hoping the ghost of Tyree will save his sorry butt. Lol

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

United States

#2719 Oct 10, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>It won't be Reese, Tom should retire or take advisory position. Secondly take a hard long look at the next 5 years, and ask is Eli worth another contract. Guys look at the film, NFL network broke down Eli game against the Cowboys, he is playing poorly. That 1st interception to Ware was not about the rush, it was a bad decision. They go on to show that despite the poor offensive line play he has had several clean pockets and has consistently made poor decisions. Miami and Seattle have given up more sacks then the Giants, and a majority of the league have avg to below running games, so a lot of the excuses to cover Eli's poor play are overblown in my humble opinion. Watching Geno Smith Monday night made me realize how poorly Eli looks right now, even if the team continues to struggle Eli has to raise his game or the questions will grow about his long term success.

Has eli regressed. Yes. The dallas game was not on him. The ware pick was so bad its not funny. But of the 6 turnovers not all his fault. About reese. Think about his free agent signings. Recent drafts. He just cut a recent number 2 pick. 2 drafts of failures. Should gilbride and fewell go? Yes. Will tom retire or take a consultant or office job with the giants. Soon. But you don't fire him. Reese said everyone on notice. That means him also.

eli is to blame for some of this. B ut, bad defense and bad specials not his fault.

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#2720 Oct 10, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>22 quarterbacks have double digit sacks, it's a high scoring passing league. People act like he is the only quarterback who is under pressure, my concern is he can't handle the heat.
This shouldn't come as a surprise ..he never could and has always been an interception machine....his football IQ is lower then low...hence all the delay of game penalties when he cant hear the play called from the sideline...guys a moron.
JETS 4 LIFE

United States

#2721 Oct 10, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
65.8 passer rating, folks that is last in the league. Last year he was sacked 19 times, he will pass that total probably in game 6 tonight. Ryan Tannehill has been sacked 22 times this year, Drew Brees 13, Alex Smith 13, Russell Wilson 15, what's the difference? They don't close there eyes and chunk the ball down field hoping the ghost of Tyree will save his sorry butt. Lol
Wait a minute Red I can't let you dog my boy Eli out like this and have been hammering him pretty bad this week lol.... Dont you throw him under the bus.......

Haven't we forgotten about that old saying this is a team sport?..... If the offensive line can't protect you and you are constantly worried about your protection no doubt you are going to speed up and make mistakes..... This can happen to any qb..... We saw what pressure did to Brady, Rogers, Brees, Peyton, Big Ben..... These are the top.qbs.and you give them a bad line they wouldn't look good either..... That's a fact....

Last and not least there are 27 or 28 teams right now that would kill to have Eli as their qb.... I'm sorry and you may not agree with this, but those.things on his finger speaks and says."have you.forgotten that quickly despite they bad times"?...... Lol cut him some slack Red....
JETS 4 LIFE

United States

#2722 Oct 10, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Has eli regressed. Yes. The dallas game was not on him. The ware pick was so bad its not funny. But of the 6 turnovers not all his fault. About reese. Think about his free agent signings. Recent drafts. He just cut a recent number 2 pick. 2 drafts of failures. Should gilbride and fewell go? Yes. Will tom retire or take a consultant or office job with the giants. Soon. But you don't fire him. Reese said everyone on notice. That means him also.
eli is to blame for some of this. B ut, bad defense and bad specials not his fault.
I don't think he has regressed at all brother.... In my opinion like I was telling Red, he doesn't have they same consistent protection from they line..... We both know they main things you need in they NFL to have a chance at winning.....

They best players on the Giants just aren't playing well at the moment..... Injuries to the offensive line have crippled the protection as well...... If Eli gets protection even a little more than he's getting you would see a huge difference......

As for Coughlin, I can't see him going anywhere right now..... Guy deserves better than to get fired and I also can see him retiring..... Not after this season though because he doesn't want to go out like that.....

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#2723 Oct 10, 2013
They are the worst team in football and Boy Eli is the worst QB in football, Coughlin should be fired for not benching the bum

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#2724 Oct 10, 2013
Boy Eli is the worst QB in football
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#2725 Oct 10, 2013
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Wait a minute Red I can't let you dog my boy Eli out like this and have been hammering him pretty bad this week lol.... Dont you throw him under the bus.......
Haven't we forgotten about that old saying this is a team sport?..... If the offensive line can't protect you and you are constantly worried about your protection no doubt you are going to speed up and make mistakes..... This can happen to any qb..... We saw what pressure did to Brady, Rogers, Brees, Peyton, Big Ben..... These are the top.qbs.and you give them a bad line they wouldn't look good either..... That's a fact....
Last and not least there are 27 or 28 teams right now that would kill to have Eli as their qb.... I'm sorry and you may not agree with this, but those.things on his finger speaks and says."have you.forgotten that quickly despite they bad times"?...... Lol cut him some slack Red....
Well they ran well and they pass blocked decently and Eli threw it away!!!
JETS 4 LIFE

United States

#2726 Oct 11, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Well they ran well and they pass blocked decently and Eli threw it away!!!
They still had a chance to win it at the end....2 of those ints were not his fault ..... One was a misscommunication with the receiver and the other one was a tipped...... Guy could have caught the ball that would have put them to the 15 or so....

To be honest with you I'm not worried at all because we have seen Eli with bad seasons.... We have seen him with double digit pick Superbowl seasons as well.... Most ints he has ever thrown in a season is 25..... Do you think he will continue to throw ints like this the rest of the season?.... I seriously doubt it....
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#2727 Oct 11, 2013
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> They still had a chance to win it at the end....2 of those ints were not his fault ..... One was a misscommunication with the receiver and the other one was a tipped...... Guy could have caught the ball that would have put them to the 15 or so....
To be honest with you I'm not worried at all because we have seen Eli with bad seasons.... We have seen him with double digit pick Superbowl seasons as well.... Most ints he has ever thrown in a season is 25..... Do you think he will continue to throw ints like this the rest of the season?.... I seriously doubt it....
it's never his fault,it's always tipped or receiver ran wrong route. Eli read the press coverage wrong on pick 6, it's option route when corner pressed up Randle went deep which is correct route, Eli threw into press coverage. Last pass was wide open he over threw tight end. He finally admitted in press conference that he cost the team a chance to win. Get off his nuts it's sickening.
JETS 4 LIFE

Warwick, RI

#2728 Oct 11, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>it's never his fault,it's always tipped or receiver ran wrong route. Eli read the press coverage wrong on pick 6, it's option route when corner pressed up Randle went deep which is correct route, Eli threw into press coverage. Last pass was wide open he over threw tight end. He finally admitted in press conference that he cost the team a chance to win. Get off his nuts it's sickening.
Wait a minute.... Look bro I'm just giving my opinion about Eli..... I never once said he doesn't deserve some of the blame.... He's the quaterback and leader so he will get some of the blame when they lose....

Lol Devil I'm not on anyone nuts at all.... Come on let's not go there because you are one of the coolest posters on topix..... I will continue to show you respect like I always have over the years...... Don't make me out of the bad guy and you know I have shown you and the rest of the GMEN fans respect everyday.... Again it's only my opinion about everything.....
JETS 4 LIFE

Warwick, RI

#2729 Oct 11, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>it's never his fault,it's always tipped or receiver ran wrong route. Eli read the press coverage wrong on pick 6, it's option route when corner pressed up Randle went deep which is correct route, Eli threw into press coverage. Last pass was wide open he over threw tight end. He finally admitted in press conference that he cost the team a chance to win. Get off his nuts it's sickening.
Also you know I'm always trying to look at the positives even though there are more negatives at the moment..... Mr. Optimistic once again lol...... That may have clouded my judgment a little and I apologize for that....

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#2730 Oct 11, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
Don't bother posting that boob. When looking back on Boy Elis overrated career this season shouldn't shock you, guys a bum and always has been.
reddevil76

Oklahoma City, OK

#2731 Oct 11, 2013
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Wait a minute.... Look bro I'm just giving my opinion about Eli..... I never once said he doesn't deserve some of the blame.... He's the quaterback and leader so he will get some of the blame when they lose....
Lol Devil I'm not on anyone nuts at all.... Come on let's not go there because you are one of the coolest posters on topix..... I will continue to show you respect like I always have over the years...... Don't make me out of the bad guy and you know I have shown you and the rest of the GMEN fans respect everyday.... Again it's only my opinion about everything.....
No problem, didn't mean to go postal on you, but you have to understand the Eli is playing as poorly as any high price QB in the history of the league.
reddevil76

Oklahoma City, OK

#2732 Oct 11, 2013
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Also you know I'm always trying to look at the positives even though there are more negatives at the moment..... Mr. Optimistic once again lol...... That may have clouded my judgment a little and I apologize for that....
Don't apologize, no need to,but I will apologized for the comment made earlier.

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#2733 Oct 11, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't apologize, no need to,but I will apologized for the comment made earlier.
Devil no need to apologize to that boob, the guy kisses up to anyone that will post him.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New Port Richey, FL

#2734 Oct 11, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Devil no need to apologize to that boob, the guy kisses up to anyone that will post him.

get lost. you just post your hate, and bitterness in every forum you go in...

every year, win lose or draw you rip the gmen, yanks, rangers, knicks....24/7

did you tell red your racist nickname for the knicks?

you call them the blackerbockers...

you're also a bigot...

and, still waiting on the butt fumble question, which one was better??

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New Port Richey, FL

#2735 Oct 11, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>No problem, didn't mean to go postal on you, but you have to understand the Eli is playing as poorly as any high price QB in the history of the league.
funny thing, eli admits it, does not hide, does not miss any interview and shows up to face the music...

facts are facts.. he is having a horrid year.

but, still the gmen have issues...could they sack cutler early? hell no...did tuck commit a penalty at the end when they get the ball back?

on and on...bad plays, penalties..issues...reese,gilb ride and fewell..

there is a lot wrong with the gmen...but it was good to see Brandon Jacobs run, the line making holes...they can still put it together and win some...this is not some 0-16 team..

they did not quit...and giant fans, don't hide like that momma chamberlin when his jets lose we don't see him for a week. which is good.
JETS 4 LIFE

Detroit, MI

#2738 Oct 11, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>No problem, didn't mean to go postal on you, but you have to understand the Eli is playing as poorly as any high price QB in the history of the league.
I understand that he has played poorly and you are right especially the money they are giving him..... I think as the season goes on he will play better.....

Like we said earlier though the whole team has some problems..... Defense played better last night and they kept them in the game..... Just hate to see this team go through this....
Southern Giants fan

Weaverville, NC

#2739 Oct 11, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
Listening to ESPN radio tear Eli apart even telling us his best years were average compared to the elite and his two SB MVPs were won in spite of his performance and his offensive teams performance, they said they couldnt give it to a whole defense. On the Cowherd show they were replaying a few jokers two years ago asking who you would rather have QB 1 game in a must win situation Eli or Peyton, they were laughing out loud. ESPN is all over him and his 3.0 QB rating in the 4th quarter which is the worst ever in NFL history after 6 games and then attacked the NFC East for being pathetic saying that if Philly loses to Tampa and Washington beats Dallas the Giants are still only 2 games out, they couldnt stop laughing, I'm ashamed to be a Giants fans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 22 min American 3,591
Throw De Blasio out 27 min American 1
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr jimi-yank 336,069
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 44,045
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 4 hr winner 17,842
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 4 hr winner 16,206
Atlantic City Pakistan Filth (Jun '16) 4 hr Mazranadonna 11
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr Susanm 313,940
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued (Jun '16) Sun Ben 1,540

New York Jobs