Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday 109,591
President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs. Full Story
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118937 May 13, 2013
BTW....

It is being reported that Republican, deep cover operatives placed in the IRS by Karl Rove under the Bush administration are responsible for targeting tea party groups, leaking the information to bring attacks on the Obama administration.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118938 May 13, 2013
Bush Secretary of Defense Robert Gates Calls Out Conservatives on Benghazi

" I think the one place where I might be able to say something useful has to do with some of the talk of the military response. And I listened to the testimony of both Secretary Panetta and General Dempsey, and frankly had I been in the job at the time, I think that my decisions would have been just as theirs were.

We don’t have a ready force standing by in the Middle East, despite all the turmoil that’s going on with planes on strip alert, troops ready to deploy at a moment’s notice. And so getting someone there in a timely way would have been very difficult if not impossible.

And frankly I’ve heard, well, why didn’t you just fly a fighter jet over there to scare ‘em with the noise or something. Given the number of surface to air missiles that have disappeared from Qaddafi’s arsenals I would not have approved sending an aircraft, a single aircraft, over Benghazi under those circumstances.

And with respect to sending in Special Forces or a small group of people to try and provide help, based on everything I’ve read people really didn’t know what was going on in Benghazi contemporaneously, and to send some small number of Special Forces or other troops in without knowing what the environment is, without knowing what the threat is, without having any intelligence in terms of what is actually going on on the ground, I think would have been very dangerous and personally I would not have approved that because we just don’t — it’s sort of a cartoonish impression of military capabilities and military forces. The one thing our forces are noted for is planning and preparation before we send people in harm’s way, and there just wasn’t time.
nac

Southold, NY

#118939 May 13, 2013
joe wrote:
Moving on...
IT’S NO SURPRISE that Senate Republicans grouse about Obama administration policies on enforcing civil rights laws or limiting greenhouse-gas emissions. They are entitled to their policy views.
It’s a different matter for Republican leaders to manifest their views by blocking confirmation to Cabinet positions of the officials in charge of those policies. By doing so, on absurdly flimsy pretexts, Republicans not only impede the president’s nominations for labor secretary and chief of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), but also undermine the normal flow of government, upon which presidents of both parties have depended. They help to subvert whatever is left of Americans’ faith in government. And they may give frustrated Democrats an excuse to rewrite Senate rules in a way that both parties will have cause to regret.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-go...
The IRS should audit those Republicans!
nac

Southold, NY

#118940 May 13, 2013
joe wrote:
LOL Of The Week: Destroying Hillary Clinton Is The GOP’s Only Hope For 2016
Just days after C-SPAN began its Road to White House 2016, front runners for the GOP presidential nomination Rand Paul (R-KY) and Marco Rubio (R-FL) have begun blasting the woman they fear they may have to face in less than four years – Hillary Clinton.
While House Republicans are intent on using the tragedy in Benghazi to engage in their ritual witch-hunt of any Democratic president who wins a second term, Paul and Rubio — along with Karl Rove and Dick Cheney – are intent on destroying the reputation of America’s most popular politician, likely in hopes of dissuading her from running.
Desperate, uncontainable fear of a Hillary candidacy is one of the few Republican policies that makes sense.
It's either that... or they don't appreciate being lied to about Benghazi.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118941 May 13, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
It's either that... or they don't appreciate being lied to about Benghazi.
You sure use the word LIE alot, don't you. As I've said before, the only people using that word (besides you and little teddy) are the Republicans and they haven't actually proved anybody has lied, you know. This country requires proof and a trial to determine that. Til now all we have are right wing storm troopers ACCUSING people of lying. You don't seem to know the difference, right.

Why not just send us your little link leading to the PROOF that someone is lying.'Cause until that happens the one here lying is you and Republican buddies.

Hey, I thought you were done with all this. Yeah, right.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118942 May 13, 2013
PPP’s newest national poll finds that Republicans aren’t getting much traction with their focus on Benghazi over the last week.

Voters trust Hillary Clinton over Congressional Republicans on the issue of Benghazi by a 49/39 margin and Clinton’s +8 net favorability rating at 52/44 is identical to what it was on our last national poll in late March.

Meanwhile, Congressional Republicans remain very unpopular with a 36/57 favorability rating.

Yeah, she’s smiling.

She is the scandal whisperer.

http://crooksandliars.com/
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118943 May 13, 2013
More from the anti-American storm-trooper tea party:

Four months ago, Tea Party candidates took over the state government of South Carolina – both chambers of the General Assembly, as well as the governorship. Together, the newly elected office holders have been hellbent on eviscerating every social program they can get their hands on in the name of doing “the people’s business.”

Among the proposals that have been introduced are a $200 million cut to state universities, shortening early voting, totally eliminating both Sunday voting and same-day voters’ registration, easing environmental restrictions on fracking, cutting benefits to the unemployed (already signed into law), refusing federal dollars for Medicaid expansion for the poor, and–oh, yeah–establishing an official state religion.

Whew, should thrill you righties. Especially that part about establishing an official state religion.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118944 May 13, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure use the word LIE alot, don't you. As I've said before, the only people using that word (besides you and little teddy) are the Republicans and they haven't actually proved anybody has lied, you know. This country requires proof and a trial to determine that. Til now all we have are right wing storm troopers ACCUSING people of lying. You don't seem to know the difference, right.
Why not just send us your little link leading to the PROOF that someone is lying.'Cause until that happens the one here lying is you and Republican buddies.
Hey, I thought you were done with all this. Yeah, right.
Jay Carney said,“The White House and the State Department have made clear that the single adjustment that was made to those talking points by either of those two, of these two institutions were changing the word ‘consulate’ to ‘diplomatic facility’ because ‘consulate’ was inaccurate.”

But

ABC News has obtained 12 different versions of the talking points that show they were extensively edited as they evolved from the drafts first written entirely by the CIA to the final version distributed to Congress and to U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice before she appeared on five talk shows the Sunday after that attack.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/...

Jay Carney attempted to mislead America... ya know, lie.

I'm sure that since he's not a Republican, you won't consider it a lie, and I look forward to hearing what you call an intentional attempt to mislead Americans.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118945 May 13, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Jay Carney said,“The White House and the State Department have made clear that the single adjustment that was made to those talking points by either of those two, of these two institutions were changing the word ‘consulate’ to ‘diplomatic facility’ because ‘consulate’ was inaccurate.”
But
ABC News has obtained 12 different versions of the talking points that show they were extensively edited as they evolved from the drafts first written entirely by the CIA to the final version distributed to Congress and to U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice before she appeared on five talk shows the Sunday after that attack.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/...
Jay Carney attempted to mislead America... ya know, lie.
I'm sure that since he's not a Republican, you won't consider it a lie, and I look forward to hearing what you call an intentional attempt to mislead Americans.
You are pitiful.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118946 May 13, 2013
A thorough report was compiled. Authored by Thomas Pickering, an esteemed retired diplomat, and Adm. Mike Mullen, an equally esteemed retired chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. They found the standard mistakes and snafus — but no crime.

Watergate was a crime. Iran-contra was a crime. Government officials were convicted and some of them went to jail.

Fudging a press release is not a crime. Compromising on wording is not a crime. Making a decision — even if wrong — that there was no time to call in the cavalry is not a crime. And having inadequate security is not only not a crime but partly a consequence of congressional budget cuts.

There it is. Now watch as you little bullies root around in the your perpetual cesspool of hate, fear and paranoia and create the actual lies.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118947 May 13, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pitiful.
good comeback.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118948 May 13, 2013
joe wrote:
A thorough report was compiled. Authored by Thomas Pickering, an esteemed retired diplomat, and Adm. Mike Mullen, an equally esteemed retired chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. They found the standard mistakes and snafus — but no crime.
Watergate was a crime. Iran-contra was a crime. Government officials were convicted and some of them went to jail.
Fudging a press release is not a crime. Compromising on wording is not a crime. Making a decision — even if wrong — that there was no time to call in the cavalry is not a crime. And having inadequate security is not only not a crime but partly a consequence of congressional budget cuts.
There it is. Now watch as you little bullies root around in the your perpetual cesspool of hate, fear and paranoia and create the actual lies.
You asked for a lie, not a crime. I gave you a lie.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118949 May 13, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked for a lie, not a crime. I gave you a lie.
So why can't you provide a link to proof that ANYONE, anybody at all was lying. Because you're a prejudiced right wing flunkie doesn't mean anybody lied.

And what are you telling yourself the reason for ANY lying would be? I'd love to hear that one.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118950 May 13, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
So why can't you provide a link to proof that ANYONE, anybody at all was lying. Because you're a prejudiced right wing flunkie doesn't mean anybody lied.
And what are you telling yourself the reason for ANY lying would be? I'd love to hear that one.
I did. Post #118944. You made a lame attempt at refuting it by saying that it wasn't a "crime." But we were taking about lies... not crimes.

Your idiotic rebuttal to my post was a report that concluded that a LIE isn't a crime.

I've already posted a lie, your rebuttal was in itself an admission that Carney lied... and yet you continue to act like a child. You asked for a lie from the administration and I gave you a glaring example.

Grow up and realize that republicans don't have a monopoly on lies.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118951 May 14, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. Post #118944. You made a lame attempt at refuting it by saying that it wasn't a "crime." But we were taking about lies... not crimes.
Your idiotic rebuttal to my post was a report that concluded that a LIE isn't a crime.
I've already posted a lie, your rebuttal was in itself an admission that Carney lied... and yet you continue to act like a child. You asked for a lie from the administration and I gave you a glaring example.
Grow up and realize that republicans don't have a monopoly on lies.
So what you're salivating over is Jay Carney's reference to a different number of changes to the talking points? Really?

Man you are really serious business, aren't you? What a toady. Line up with the rest of your creepy pals doing the same whooping war dance of comparison to Watergate and Iran Contra. No wait, those were crimes so no comparison, right?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118952 May 14, 2013
What, exactly are you thugs after with Benghazi anyhow.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118953 May 14, 2013
Even though I'm not a huge fan of Obama's performance I thought I would provide some FACTS for all you Obama haters:

The economy has added more jobs since Obama took office than it did in his predecessor’s entire eight years in office. Oops!

Federal spending under Obama has grown faster than inflation, but far more slowly than it did under President Bush. Oops!

Domestic oil production has soared; oil imports have dropped by one-third; new cars are getting 17 percent better mileage; and wind and solar power have increased 157 percent. Oops!
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#118955 May 14, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is the world is a messy place and only right wing geriatrics like you would be unable to realize that.
The hubris of a Marin Community College sophomore presuming to self-righteously lecture a "geriatric" (wrong once again, my little Marin Candyland lib prog toolbox) on the value of wisdom and long experience with the ways of the real world is truly hilarious.

You're on a roll, joe - you are a bottomless fountain of entertainment in dramatic irony. As mindlessly entertaining as a good game of whack-a-mole; you keep popping back up with ever more inane, petulant, and sophomoric re-tread lib prog talking points and memes that leave us in stitches.

But eventually, your trust fund will empty and you will have to grow up and climb out of your childish ideological snuggie.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#118956 May 14, 2013
joe wrote:
Michelle Bachman, another great Republican leader
It’s no secret our nation may very well be experiencing the hand of judgment … Our nation has seen judgment not once but twice on September 11.
But if Bachmann has identified the problem, fear not, because she also has the solution.
That’s why we’re going to have “9-1-1 Pray” on that day. To protect America from further attacks, the former Republican front-runner for the U.S. presidency then proposed a comprehensive national security plan:
What is the answer? The answer is … humbling ourselves before an almighty God, crying out to an almighty God, saying not of ourselves but you, would you save us oh God? We repent of our sins, we turn away from them, we seek you, we seek your ways.
I think Issa's Benghazi committee is going after the wrong guy. He should be hauling God in for interrogation.
So you're a religious BIGOT to boot.

Interesting. So much anger in you ...
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#118957 May 14, 2013
joe the mindless lib prog cut-n-paste plagiarist wrote:
LOL Of The Week: Destroying Hillary Clinton Is The GOP’s Only Hope For 2016
(rest of stolen and unattributed intellectual property snipped).
Intellectual thief and fraud.

Stolen from http://progressivevoices.com/lol-of-week-dest... and posted here as if your intellectual work.

The standard of academic integrity not too high there at Marin Community College, joe?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 min jimi-yank 309,577
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 9 min Longo 11,174
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 41 min the Don 3,110
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 42 min Junket 306,371
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 1 hr grave digger 5,602
Ebola Fright Night 1 hr Supremeliberal 1
Who is Michael Savage? (Jul '08) 1 hr strokeofirish 82
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 5 hr Enough 15,769

New York News Video

New York Dating