Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.
Comments
109,341 - 109,360 of 109,597 Comments Last updated Oct 22, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118844
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I'm on your side! Borrowing astronomical amounts of money from a private banking cartel known as the "Federal" Reserve as well as China and other foreign countries while spending astronomical amounts of money on unnecessary nonsense could never have any negative consequences!!!
We're only borrowing 40 cents of every dollar we spend.
We're all gonna be rich!!!
Considering the catastrophy he took over from GW....this President has done a masterfull job, of not only getting our economy outta the ditch....but also getting us on the path of recovery.....It should have never been about sides, only what's best for the country....
shameless-li

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118845
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Kris Kross wrote:
If Obama wants to create 600,000 jobs, he need only get rid of 1: Resign already, Mr. Obama. You've brought nothing but death and destruction. The victims in Boston, Newtown, Aurora, Bengazhi. Step down before any more innocents die! Maybe then we restore our credit rating and start creating jobs again!
today's job grow news:
http://www.cbsnews.com/moneywatch/

if your talking about death and destruction, just look at what happened on 9/11...who's to blame for that and the phony wars after...
Brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118846
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Be reminded that the dollar is not devalueing itself on the world market.....Internationl Currency Exchange figure's suggest it is has remained very strong againest the British Pound, doing well againest the Euro and last month, actually set a record high againest Japan's Yen.....
Only because the rest of the global currency is hurting.
Imagine how strong the American dollar would be if this administration didn't have the printing presses rolling 24-7 for the last 4 and a half years.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118847
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Why are college expenses rising each year by several times the rate of inflation? That, and the easy availability of federally subsidized student loans, are the biggest reasons why student college debt has grown so enormously.
So, you decided to just answer part of the question; "How do Fortune 500 companies pay zero in taxes while college loans go up to 6 percent?"

You got some more splainin to do.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118848
May 3, 2013
 
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because the rest of the global currency is hurting.
Imagine how strong the American dollar would be if this administration didn't have the printing presses rolling 24-7 for the last 4 and a half years.
Do you have a valid source for that?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118849
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because the rest of the global currency is hurting.
Imagine how strong the American dollar would be if this administration didn't have the printing presses rolling 24-7 for the last 4 and a half years.
Another idiot from the right heard from. The Fed's what's been keeping us afloat. How come your "brilliant analysis" dosen't mention the fact that we don't have any inflation. Inflation's supposed to be a result of an oversupply of money, right? Where is it?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118850
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
today's job grow news:
http://www.cbsnews.com/moneywatch/
if your talking about death and destruction, just look at what happened on 9/11...who's to blame for that and the phony wars after...
Just a little friendly advice: The right wingers on this thread follow the fox "news", world net daily, drudge dictum that you're not allowed to talk about Bush or Anything his administration foisted on this country. Strictly fobidden. History and cause and effect are not part of their "belief" system.
Brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118851
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Another idiot from the right heard from. The Fed's what's been keeping us afloat. How come your "brilliant analysis" dosen't mention the fact that we don't have any inflation. Inflation's supposed to be a result of an oversupply of money, right? Where is it?
The Federal Reserve has been pumping money into the economy like never before in history thats just building up in bank reserves.
Banks are still reluctant to lend,but,eventually they will.
That will boost Americas buying power by up to 50% from current levels,which is a precursor to run away inflation.
Be patient,you'll see the fruits of your labor soon enough.
Brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118852
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a valid source for that?
A valid source?
Look to Greece,Spain and Cypress to name a few.
nac

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118853
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Considering the catastrophy he took over from GW....this President has done a masterfull job, of not only getting our economy outta the ditch....but also getting us on the path of recovery.....It should have never been about sides, only what's best for the country....
He certainly inherited a disaster, and has dome some good and some bad since taking the wheel. My comment was about the obscene debt situation that both Bush and Obama have gotten us into.

Remember what candidate Obama said on July 3, 2008?

He said, "The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents -#43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back --$30,000 for every man, woman and child. That's irresponsible. It's unpatriotic."

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

He was exactly right. It was extraordinarily bad policy on Bush's part.

Obama, however, has increased the rate of borrowing and spending. He's actually worse than Bush on this front. That is a fact. Yet somehow... what was irresponsible and unpatriotic 5 years ago is now masterful.

I find it astounding that the majority of Americans have the attitude that "it's only bad when the other side does it."

Don't you see where it has gotten us? America needs to wake up.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118854
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

nac wrote:
<quoted text>
He certainly inherited a disaster, and has dome some good and some bad since taking the wheel. My comment was about the obscene debt situation that both Bush and Obama have gotten us into.
Remember what candidate Obama said on July 3, 2008?
He said, "The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents -#43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back --$30,000 for every man, woman and child. That's irresponsible. It's unpatriotic."
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
He was exactly right. It was extraordinarily bad policy on Bush's part.
Obama, however, has increased the rate of borrowing and spending. He's actually worse than Bush on this front. That is a fact. Yet somehow... what was irresponsible and unpatriotic 5 years ago is now masterful.
I find it astounding that the majority of Americans have the attitude that "it's only bad when the other side does it."
Don't you see where it has gotten us? America needs to wake up.
Increased the spending? Can you show us some proof of that? My information was that this and next year's spending are to be below a trillion.......Also, when you speak of increased spending, please wedge the previous administration's usually slippery costs for Afghanisan/Iraq War's somewhere in there.......
nac

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118855
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Increased the spending? Can you show us some proof of that? My information was that this and next year's spending are to be below a trillion.......Also, when you speak of increased spending, please wedge the previous administration's usually slippery costs for Afghanisan/Iraq War's somewhere in there.......
In April, Obama sent his proposed 2014 budget to Congress. It included $3.778 Trillion in federal spending.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files...

While it's not surprising that someone in the media (his apologists) somehow managed to apply fuzzy math to spin it under a trillion... again, I find it astounding that Americans keep falling for this nonsense.

Do you trust my source? whitehouse.gov

The President is calling it $3.778T, there is no reason for us to call it any less (in an effort to feel better about it).

Do you not recall the recent "fiscal cliff" and sequester debates? The President's party WOULD NOT consider spending cuts, only tax increases. The other party of boobs WOULD NOT consider tax increases, only spending cuts. Who won? Nobody. Who lost? The American people.

The President and his party wouldn't even negotiate spending cuts... we can't pretend he's any less of a spendthrift than Bush was just because he isn't Bush.

When Bush was spending like this, it was unpatriotic and irresponsible. What has changed?
drink The hive

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118856
May 3, 2013
 

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118857
May 3, 2013
 
I'll take one!

or just send me unemployment checks and I'll do work that matters.
welcome to my page:sugardaddiemeet.yolasite. com
for sugar daddie&sugar baby
Just Saying

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118858
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah....who cares about the ongoing ECONOMIC RECOVERY OF THE UNIED STATES......it's really all about college expense's rising....lol.....
Some recovery,$17 trillion in debt and unemployment at 7.5%(didn't Obama promise it would be below 5% at the end of his first term?. Plus millions of Americans who have given up looking for work, and record numbers on food stamps. College debt is at it's highest level ever, and many graduates can't find jobs to begin to pay it back, which makes it relevant when discussing this nation's continuing economic problems. Keep drinking the Kool Aid, GBF...lol!
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118859
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
A valid source?
Look to Greece,Spain and Cypress to name a few.
Jeez, gimme a break; Greece, Spain, and Cypress? How do you guys manage to believe and then pass on the crap fox news shovels? On what planet would someone compare the economy of the United States to Cypress? Don't you guys stop and think about these things before you buy into them?

Obviously not.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118860
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Some recovery,$17 trillion in debt and unemployment at 7.5%(didn't Obama promise it would be below 5% at the end of his first term?. Plus millions of Americans who have given up looking for work, and record numbers on food stamps. College debt is at it's highest level ever, and many graduates can't find jobs to begin to pay it back, which makes it relevant when discussing this nation's continuing economic problems. Keep drinking the Kool Aid, GBF...lol!
Didn't Obama promise, didn't Obama promise, Didn't Obama promise. You guys are real simpletons aren't you? You sound like a little girl; But Daddy, Obama promised me a new bike.

What, exactly would you like the president to do? Maybe he should write some laws, declare martial law on the economy, plead with the House or maybe go in and beat the sh*t out of the House Republican.

Oh, I know. You want him to do whatever you Republicans want, right? He's being recalcitrant because the stooges of the Republican party have vowed to prevent him from having any kind of success. At all. None.

90% of the American public wants background checks on gun purchases. But because Obama agrees and spoke in favor of it you azsclowns HAVE to vote against it. And, like a little girl who's been sent to her room, you're throwing a temper tantrum because Obama can't turn the economy around by using magic and not the House of Representatives. "But Obama promised."

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118861
May 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Some recovery,$17 trillion in debt and unemployment at 7.5%(didn't Obama promise it would be below 5% at the end of his first term?. Plus millions of Americans who have given up looking for work, and record numbers on food stamps. College debt is at it's highest level ever, and many graduates can't find jobs to begin to pay it back, which makes it relevant when discussing this nation's continuing economic problems. Keep drinking the Kool Aid, GBF...lol!
JOBS REPORT STIMULATE'S STOCK MARKET......Dow flirt's with 15,000 threshold.......lol......
Just Saying

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118862
May 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Obama promise, didn't Obama promise, Didn't Obama promise. You guys are real simpletons aren't you? You sound like a little girl; But Daddy, Obama promised me a new bike.
What, exactly would you like the president to do? Maybe he should write some laws, declare martial law on the economy, plead with the House or maybe go in and beat the sh*t out of the House Republican.
Oh, I know. You want him to do whatever you Republicans want, right? He's being recalcitrant because the stooges of the Republican party have vowed to prevent him from having any kind of success. At all. None.
90% of the American public wants background checks on gun purchases. But because Obama agrees and spoke in favor of it you azsclowns HAVE to vote against it. And, like a little girl who's been sent to her room, you're throwing a temper tantrum because Obama can't turn the economy around by using magic and not the House of Representatives. "But Obama promised."
I'd like the President to LEAD this country, instead of staying in campaign mode forever. Fulfilling campaign promises would be nice too, to prove that he was sincere, and not just saying whatever he thought would gain him votes.

What would I like the President to do? Here's a few ideas just for starters.

- Reduce the deficit
- Cut federal spending
- End foreign aid to countries that hate us, and always will, despite our generosity
- Fix entitlements like Social Security and Medicare so they'll be solvent for future retirees
- Tell Harry Reid to let the Senate vote on a budget (which the Senate didn't do for the first 4 years Obama was in office).
- Do away with Obamacare, which even his fellow Democrats are backing away from, now that it's true costs are finally becoming apparent.
- Call Islamic terrorists what they are, terrorists, instead of calling their attacks "workplace violence" as the Administration did after Fort Hood
- Secure our borders, instead of just talking about it
- Tell Eric Holder to enforce all federal laws, instead of picking and choosing which ones to enforce based upon political expediency
- Instead of criminalizing millions of law abiding Americans who acquired guns lawfully and use them responsibly, deal with the real causes behind gun violence, namely, criminals and the mentally ill (which the shooters at Newtown, Aurora, Tucson, Virginia Tech, and virtually all other mass shootings were).

That's just for starters. I'm sure others will have things to add to this list.
Anonymous

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118863
May 4, 2013
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Im beggin with ya
pleadin with ya
Barama Oback

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the New York Forum right now

Search the New York Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min Louis Slungpoo 45,913
Illegal immigration 26 min Former Progressive 1
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 46 min shameless 14,428
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 55 min shameless 5,368
Word Association (Jul '10) 1 hr shameless 7,237
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr Jerry Grote 35,011
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Joe Mikleson 6,373
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr NYStateOfMind 306,254
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) Wed LI Football fan 10,242
•••
•••

New York News Video

•••
New York Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

New York Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

New York News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New York
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••