Obama promises more than 600,000 stim...

Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

There are 109518 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 8, 2009, titled Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs. In it, Newsday reports that:

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mirage

United States

#46711 Apr 1, 2010
Dingo wrote:
See this is why the government should not stop giving you a social Security Check.., reason.., YOU need the money and 7-11 need your business.
Here you are flapping about a boatload of videos on youtube, you sounding kinda foolish, Obama been in office for how long? Gw Bush was in office for 8 YEARS.., you see condoldrum you are in. less than 2 years versus 8 years...
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

So those vids cut mighty deep! Deep, deep, deep.

Lemme guess, even all King Soros's men -- along with all those 300 pound Acorn on-duty nurses -- don't have enough bandages to stop the bleeding, much less put poor old BDS inflicted, MPD infected Billy08 back together again.

Your hump fell off the wall, dumpty, and it can't get up.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#46712 Apr 1, 2010
Mirage wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
So those vids cut mighty deep! Deep, deep, deep.
Lemme guess, even all King Soros's men -- along with all those 300 pound Acorn on-duty nurses -- don't have enough bandages to stop the bleeding, much less put poor old BDS inflicted, MPD infected Billy08 back together again.
Your hump fell off the wall, dumpty, and it can't get up.
No kidding on the ROFLAO your talking to a lame brain for sure Mirage..
Mirage

United States

#46713 Apr 1, 2010
Dingo wrote:
it is YOU and your likes that is having a meltdown and it's nice to see a good meltdown. Nothing to meltdown but it's fun watching bubble heads melt.
<quoted text>
Whoa, if "bubble heads" are melting, then you really ought to start insisting that your lovers wear more heat-resistant condoms.

It must be bittersweet for you to realize that all that goo you ingest is white.
Mirage

United States

#46716 Apr 1, 2010
Gregory Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding on the ROFLAO your talking to a lame brain for sure Mirage..
Gretg, if the next congress passes a law to seal all manhole covers, we'll never hear from the libwhacks ever again. Now that's a utopia I can live with. And at least they'll never go hungry down there.
lutz

Apopka, FL

#46717 Apr 1, 2010
New health bill, I don't get it. Who is it benifiting, the insurance companies Obama is promoting for, Medicad people whom he just added more spending money too. I was unable to afford insurance before, I am anemic from lack of nutrition trying to feed my children, this fine I will have to pay, will get my anemic to the next level.

I would like to know how is this bill saving money?

The only thing I see the bill doing is taking more out of american even those worse for those whom where already struglying, who do we THANKS, not just Obama but all politic.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#46718 Apr 1, 2010
Mirage wrote:
<quoted text>
Gretg, if the next congress passes a law to seal all manhole covers, we'll never hear from the libwhacks ever again. Now that's a utopia I can live with. And at least they'll never go hungry down there.
That will work fine.... and about 75% of the topixxx idiots as well.
Mirage

United States

#46719 Apr 1, 2010
lutz wrote:
New health bill, I don't get it.
It's not a health bill, it's a tax bill and a union scam -- Americans' lives controlled cradle-to-grave by government bureaucrats, run by unions, and enforced by the IRS.

Aside from taxing Americans into oblivion, spending and bankrupting Americans into oblivion, demonizing business, kissing union ass and giving their union ownership trillions of taxpayer dollars, growing tyrannical government, jeapordizing our domestic and international economic and overall security, stomping out freedoms one at a time, trashing criminal justice in favor of liberal justice, spitting at self-reliance, accountability, and responsibility in favor of nanny-state control, welfare, and entitlements in exchange for votes, along with 24/7 politics-first America-last partisan politics for power and control, and of course that perrenial favorite, trampling the US Constitution --- they're doing what any self-disrespecting enemy of America and the American way would do.

http://www.topix.com/forum/us-senate/TSJAFR7E...

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#46720 Apr 2, 2010
Dingo wrote:
But America Trusted a Conservative and he invaded another country illegally, I didn't mind if he used his own families but he didn't, He killed over 4,500 American Troops. so this flapping of your gums about not trusting liberals, explain please? If it weren't for the liberals you wouldn't have a safety net called, "Social Security" NO Thanks to the Repuglicans.
<quoted text>
I've asked you number of times, and you have yet to answer, how was Bush's wars (not that I agree with the wars) illegal? Did or did not Congress vote unanimously giving authority to take military action? Did Bush act unilaterally without the consent or approval of Congress?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#46721 Apr 2, 2010
Dingo wrote:
But America Trusted a Conservative and he invaded another country illegally, I didn't mind if he used his own families but he didn't, He killed over 4,500 American Troops. so this flapping of your gums about not trusting liberals, explain please? If it weren't for the liberals you wouldn't have a safety net called, "Social Security" NO Thanks to the Repuglicans.
<quoted text>
Further if the wars are "illegal" then Obama should have pulled our troops and left. No questions asked. No phase out. No anything. Just leave. Also open the doors at Gitmo, since those incarcerated there are prisoners of this so called "illegal" war.

So again I ask, how are the wars "illegal"?
Mainly

Amityville, NY

#46722 Apr 2, 2010
lutz wrote:
New health bill, I don't get it. Who is it benifiting, the insurance companies Obama is promoting for, Medicad people whom he just added more spending money too. I was unable to afford insurance before, I am anemic from lack of nutrition trying to feed my children, this fine I will have to pay, will get my anemic to the next level.
I would like to know how is this bill saving money?
The only thing I see the bill doing is taking more out of american even those worse for those whom where already struglying, who do we THANKS, not just Obama but all politic.
NO, MAINLY you blame Obamination and the BRAINDEAD followers. I KNOW there are DEMS who know this health "care" reform is a TRAINWRECK, but for political reasons they can't stand up against it. SO, it's not ALL politic as you stated to blame. There are PLENTY who are fighting to stop it, but the Obamatrons are clueless and I'm now convinced EXTREMELY ignorant on how detrimental this is to our country.
Grey Ghost

Los Angeles, CA

#46724 Apr 2, 2010
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've asked you number of times, and you have yet to answer, how was Bush's wars (not that I agree with the wars) illegal? Did or did not Congress vote unanimously giving authority to take military action? Did Bush act unilaterally without the consent or approval of Congress?
David surely you don't think that because most voted for the war that makes it legal...it simply authorizes the start and has nothing to do with being legal. We violated the Geneva convention, with our handling of prisoners, and we violated the articles of war by attacking a soverign nation, unprovoked and they were not a threat to our nation.
Grey Ghost

Los Angeles, CA

#46725 Apr 2, 2010
Mainly wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, MAINLY you blame Obamination and the BRAINDEAD followers. I KNOW there are DEMS who know this health "care" reform is a TRAINWRECK, but for political reasons they can't stand up against it. SO, it's not ALL politic as you stated to blame. There are PLENTY who are fighting to stop it, but the Obamatrons are clueless and I'm now convinced EXTREMELY ignorant on how detrimental this is to our country.
The same things you all said about Medi-care social security and any other program that makes us a great nation.
Grey Ghost

Los Angeles, CA

#46726 Apr 2, 2010
Mirage wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed it. He already crushed billy. Just like he crushed you.
Hell, who hasn't? At least you're newly compact size allows you to flush yourself to your homeland with a bit less friction than you're used to, aka all the gay drilling you so lovingly relish.
Spank! Yes, you may have another! Yes you can!
The mumbling, fumbling, bungling night of the chief chicken little foaming at the pie hole is real comical and dangerous to his or is it her blood pressure.

Are you really that dense? Sure you are. After all you are the party of stupid, Obama showed just how easy it is to tear the rights butt up , after you get beyond being smear and fear merchants..there is little left other than mindless babble, like we do to old Mi-rage every day.

Is he comical or what, I suggest that he seek help, especially since there is almost 7 more years left for our president to send this pathetic lying draft dodging hypocrite to the insane asylum.
Grey Ghost

Los Angeles, CA

#46727 Apr 2, 2010
Mirage wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean google gaagle gaa bee bee woo woo. The good thing about leftist commies as worthlessly stupid as the goose turd is that they're incapable of using codes.
They just goo-goo gaa-gaa it as they see it. "It" being their nanny state diaper changes in front of a mirror. It's all brown, mushy, and stinky.
Tell me this nutcase ain't totally losing it. He is down to GooGoo GAAGAA damn can the end be far off...We can only hope that what ever disease that he has he takes his moronic friends with his sorry fat, ratarded, ugly, mindless carcus with him.

Since: Nov 08

Provo, UT

#46728 Apr 2, 2010
Devin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahem, You did not Factor in the 2.4 Trillion of Iraq Spending Bills to Fund the Wars under G W. Bush.... Did you suddenly get a case of "Forget-fulness"
Remember those Spending Bills, because the Wars were not FUNDED in any Budget, until Obama place those cost on the 2009 Budget, the Republican presented to the Public all of those years insufficent information.
Remember in selling the American Public the War in Iraq, the Administration telling America our Troops would be met with Flowers and Candy.... Well we all know how that went, right?
But they also said the the War would not COST the Country anything, "revenues from the sales of Iraqi Oil would pay for the Invasion"
We that was as reliable as the Flowers and Candy LIE!!!!
If you don't remember it's in accordance with the values of the Republicans on these kind of matters.
You've seemed to have forgotten a lot.
Billy, your argument is so weak because I have already stated many times that I found GWB's spending habits to be disgusting, so much so that I didn't vote for him the second time around. There is no forgetfulness here. Next, we aren't talking about the budget. We are talking about the debt. So come on, Billy, explain why it is so bad for GWB to have run up the debt by trillions of dollars but and why you think it is o.k. for BO to run it up even more in a shorter period of time. Try to stay focused on the present.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#46729 Apr 2, 2010
Gregory Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding on the ROFLAO your talking to a lame brain for sure Mirage..
Don't be so hard on yourself you old Poof!
&feature=related

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#46730 Apr 2, 2010
Gregory Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding on the ROFLAO your talking to a lame brain for sure Mirage..
&fe ature=related

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#46731 Apr 2, 2010
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
David surely you don't think that because most voted for the war that makes it legal...it simply authorizes the start and has nothing to do with being legal. We violated the Geneva convention, with our handling of prisoners, and we violated the articles of war by attacking a soverign nation, unprovoked and they were not a threat to our nation.
On those points I agree, to an extent. But apparently the world leaders disagree as they have not taken actions, accused Bush of illegal activities, or brought him before War tribunals. So our comments are nothing more than opinion, you and I. Even Obama has dropped any pursuit criminal charges against Bush or his administration. Which if Obama were to seek charges, wouldn't Obama by continuing the war, and Bush policies, be as guilty?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#46732 Apr 2, 2010
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
David surely you don't think that because most voted for the war that makes it legal...it simply authorizes the start and has nothing to do with being legal. We violated the Geneva convention, with our handling of prisoners, and we violated the articles of war by attacking a soverign nation, unprovoked and they were not a threat to our nation.
And thank you for dropping the insults and attacks as a response. You will find that I respond in kind.
Grey Ghost

Los Angeles, CA

#46733 Apr 2, 2010
Gregory Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding on the ROFLAO your talking to a lame brain for sure Mirage..
Oh lookie pee brain is calling mirage a lame brain..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr dGo mndDae lyHo i... 57,161
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr rainmaker2016 12,709
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 2 hr Pageball 13,118
My debate question for Hillary 2 hr Debate reality 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Advocate 310,640
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 4 hr BS detector 8,923
Time to go? (Jun '15) 4 hr Into The Night 7,601
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 hr Unbiased Chargers... 324,759
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages