Applications open for Section 8 housi...

Applications open for Section 8 housing - AM New York

There are 297 comments on the AM New York story from Jan 29, 2007, titled Applications open for Section 8 housing - AM New York. In it, AM New York reports that:

Starting Tuesday, low-income city residents will be able to apply for the Section 8 housing subsidy program for the first time in 12 years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AM New York.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
amy

Bronx, NY

#1 Jan 30, 2007
I TRIED TO GET SECTION 8 LIKE 9 YEARS AGO AND I HAD 2ORDERS OF PROTECTION AND WAS TURNED AWAY, BECAUSE OF THIS HOLD. I CURRENTLY LIVE IN A ONE BED ROOM APARTMENT, WITH JIGGETTS RELIEF THREE BOYS,AGES 2,9,17 AND A GIRL 9 MONTHS OLD. LETS SEE IF THEY HELP ME THIS TIME AROUND.
capitalismstolem ypride

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Feb 4, 2007
Maria Melendez wrote:
I'm waiting list for hausing
I can apply section 8?
Spanish please. the answer
Go to the Housing Authority office.
Venga a la oficina de la autoridad de la cubierta.
[link]http://www.nyc.gov/html/ nycha/downloads/pdf/mgmt_offic e_list.pdf[/link]
Helpless in Queens

Clifton, NJ

#9 Feb 7, 2007
I am a 42 yrd old mother who had open heart surgery about 2 years ago, i have a son who is 16 yrs old we live in a one bedroom hole in the wall because i cant work and tried to do little things to get money, can anyone tell me were i can go in queens and if they believe that since i am disable i will be eligible for Section 8 housing and how quick do you think i might get it. the place were i am at now is rat and roach infested, i have no hot water and no stove.
THE TRUTH

United States

#15 Feb 15, 2007
basher wrote:
Get a job you dirt bags.If not close your legs.Pathetic lazy people .......
Why would you write something like that?!! Is there nothing Constructive for you to do? You need help! You are a sick person. You don't know if these people really need the help. You can't just make a general, rude statement like that. I hope that God opens up your heart and mind, so that you will find peace with yourself. That way, you won't have to pick on other people to make yourself feel better. GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!
oddette

Shelter Island, NY

#17 Feb 18, 2007
People if you want answers about section 8 call the office for section 8. Don't look for answer here call them and there is alot of people out there that they don't even have a home and all of you are think just by complaints in this web do you think it i'll make it ok no. I apply for section 8 still waiting just call the local office and find out what's going on with your application. And hope you are a day closer to guet it and pray.
oddette

Shelter Island, NY

#18 Feb 18, 2007
And for Basher what you like to pick on people, I don't think you have a heart and about guet a job why don't you guet a life. And live other people alone they mean well and they not hurting you they want a better life for the family ok. The same way i do for mind I hope god forgive you for what you said.
oddette

Shelter Island, NY

#19 Feb 18, 2007
Every body good luck with your life and just have faith and hope and I'll happen.
R Cruz

Wayne, NJ

#23 Feb 19, 2007
[Where is the father of the 6 months baby? Get help from government and having babies like crazy is not the best situation. Do you think that you are doing fraud.... I think so"] I TRIED TO GET SECTION 8 LIKE 9 YEARS AGO AND I HAD 2ORDERS OF PROTECTION AND WAS TURNED AWAY, BECAUSE OF THIS HOLD. I CURRENTLY LIVE IN A ONE BED ROOM APARTMENT, WITH JIGGETTS RELIEF THREE BOYS,AGES 2,9,17 AND A GIRL 9 MONTHS OLD. LETS SEE IF THEY HELP ME THIS TIME AROUND.
R Cruz

Wayne, NJ

#24 Feb 19, 2007
Where is the father of the 6 months baby? Get help from government and having babies like crazy is not the best situation. Do you think that you are doing fraud.... I think so./QUOTE]
Amber

AOL

#27 Mar 5, 2007
does anyone know what is the approximate wait-list time for the non-emergency Section 8 Housing Assistance on the recently re-opened New York City Program?(Enough feedback will satisfy my desire to learn about the process.) Thank you :)
Jennifer L Barber

Cedar Knolls, NJ

#28 Mar 5, 2007
My sister needs Section 8 immediately in Jackson, NJ is it available and how does she apply
William

New York, NY

#31 Mar 5, 2007
I would just like to thank everyone who took part in this thread for the laughs. You guys are great.
William

New York, NY

#32 Mar 5, 2007
oddette wrote:
Every body good luck with your life and just have faith and hope and It'll happen.
I do believe this very sentiment keeps the poor entrenched in poverty and ignorance for generation after generation. This is LIFE, not a god damn scratch card! "Just have faith"?
You know that in the real world productive action is required to make things happen don't you? Imagine if all humans since the dawn of time had thought "just hope and it will happen" like Oddette. We'd still be living in mud huts and chasing dinner with a stick. Thank god for scientists and other agents of human advancement who took it upon themselves to produce the things that make your lives so livable.
John

Pompano Beach, FL

#33 Mar 5, 2007
Nurture the weeds and kill the garden. Some cities that are almost all white, are sued by the federal government to allow these drug dealing,mostly minorities into their low crime rate cities and forced to accomidate section 8.
dante

United States

#34 Mar 5, 2007
I agree with John and Charlie
Malika

Long Beach, CA

#41 Mar 5, 2007
And if you are living with your parents, you obviously couldn't afford to take care of yourself! Why on earth would you have a baby and expect the tax payer to take care of it? Where did you [email protected] the sperm donor? Go live there!
Malika

Long Beach, CA

#42 Mar 5, 2007
I hope none of you get Section 8!!!!
Meow

Warsaw, IL

#48 Mar 6, 2007
I worked in apartment management for several years and every single section 8 tenant was a useless, parasitic drug addict and/or drunk.
Now looky here

Washington, DC

#54 Mar 6, 2007
So you spent your teenage years smokin' blunts and chillin' and gang-bangin' and now you find you can't get a job and want the rest of us to give you money so you can live on your own?

Guess what... ain't gonna happen!
cuthean

New York, NY

#55 Mar 6, 2007
wherever these hellholes are or will be, please make sure to identify them on all maps as 3rd world hazardous waste zones to be avoided at all costs....all forms of insurance should be void should someone, or someone's property meet a predictably poor fate in these barbaric cesspools of the unread and unwashed non humans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 16 min Princess Hey 18,138
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 17 min Princess Hey 16,771
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 58 min Red Sox Fanatic 45,091
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr Red Sox Fanatic 338,022
Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Coming! (Jan '11) 1 hr truth be told 2,256
NBC fake news 1 hr truth be told 4
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 2 hr olanddrill 4,263

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages