OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER
shameless

United States

#14771 Jun 18, 2014
UN must go wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the typical Obama supporter, in addition to being illiterate in the English language, many are also unable to discern when someone who they wholeheartedly support is lying.
what do you think about christie and bridgegate???
shameless

United States

#14772 Jun 18, 2014
UN must go wrote:
I see the half breed in the WH is still dithering about what he should do about the crisis in Iraq, by the time that misfit makes up his mind, it may be too late to take any action.
let's hope he doesn't need congress to vote to approve on any action.....
Tee time

Bay Shore, NY

#14773 Jun 18, 2014
TODD - PRESIDENCY IS OVER wrote:
President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 41 percent, a majority of Americans disapprove of his handling of foreign policy issues, he has lost support from the Hispanic community and Americans actually think his administration is less competent than the Bush White House post-Hurricane Katrina, according to a new survey from the Wall Street Journal and NBC News.
In short, the poll is nothing but bad news for the president.
The survey would appear to be so bad, in fact, that NBC News' Chuck Todd said Tuesday that the poll basically means the public has declared the Obama presidency to be over.
"This poll is a disaster for the president," Todd said. "You look at the presidency here: Lowest job rating, tied for the lowest; lowest on foreign policy. His administration is seen as less competent than the Bush administration, post-Katrina."
http://washingtonexaminer.com/about-that-wall...
Add in the non-recovery 'recovery'
The SLIGHT uptick in housing is now in retreat.
Trading 5 Al Queda terrorist for 1 american hating trader
The irony of this is, Obama just looks at this as another opportunity to play more golf, or go on more taxpayer subsidized vacations.

The worst president in the history of America.
shameless

Fairfield, CT

#14774 Jun 18, 2014
Tee time wrote:
<quoted text>
The irony of this is, Obama just looks at this as another opportunity to play more golf, or go on more taxpayer subsidized vacations.
Obama has taken far fewer days off than his predecessor, George W. Bush. Obama’s average of 21.5 vacation days per year makes him look like a workaholic compared to Bush’s 110 day average per year – more than five times Obama’s. But if you’re a rich white Republican you can’t be accused of being lazy or shiftless when you are enjoying some leisure time at your ranch in Crawford or on your yacht in Kennebunkport.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#14775 Jun 18, 2014
With everything going on here and around the world, I find it astounding that anyone would chose to ignore real issues and distract themselves with nonsense like vacation days.

This IRS situation should have opened all of your eyes. The IRS and the White House were obviously lying about it from day 1. Obama told the nation with a big smile that there was not a smidgen of corruption.

Ok. Can we verify that?

No. We can't. Lerner won't testify, and they won't show us the emails that could shed some light on the matter. They claim that emails that are backed up have been "lost."

That is literally the government telling the American people, "you're out of the loop." "We the government are no longer accountable to you the people."

Let that sink in. We can no longer hold the government accountable for their actions if they give us a wildly preposterous story to cover their tracks.

In this environment, we aren't represented by the people in Washington. We are their subjects.

If you accept these ridiculous lies on partisan grounds, be warned. If this is allowed to go unpunished... when a republican gets in, he now has the power to use the IRS (openly) against liberals.

So don't complain when a republican does it down the road, YOU gave him that power.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#14776 Jun 18, 2014
nac wrote:
With everything going on here and around the world, I find it astounding that anyone would chose to ignore real issues and distract themselves with nonsense like vacation days.
This IRS situation should have opened all of your eyes. The IRS and the White House were obviously lying about it from day 1. Obama told the nation with a big smile that there was not a smidgen of corruption.
Ok. Can we verify that?
No. We can't. Lerner won't testify, and they won't show us the emails that could shed some light on the matter. They claim that emails that are backed up have been "lost."
That is literally the government telling the American people, "you're out of the loop." "We the government are no longer accountable to you the people."
Let that sink in. We can no longer hold the government accountable for their actions if they give us a wildly preposterous story to cover their tracks.
In this environment, we aren't represented by the people in Washington. We are their subjects.
If you accept these ridiculous lies on partisan grounds, be warned. If this is allowed to go unpunished... when a republican gets in, he now has the power to use the IRS (openly) against liberals.
So don't complain when a republican does it down the road, YOU gave him that power.
Well I see Glen Beck Jr is back in the saddle after getting over his foot in mouth problems and is ready to face the world again.
Ah, the IRS scandal is the topic.
First he announces without question, without proof that based on his “opinion” they were lying from day one.
But as he states “we” including him cannot verify that based on the fact that Lerner won’t testify and no emails.
But being the sucker for the great conspiracy theory’s it proves his theory and I quote:
“That is literally the government telling the American people, "you're out of the loop." "We the government are no longer accountable to you the people."
I wonder who stated that the government is no longer accountable to the people??? Oh I get it that again his opinion stated as if it is a proven fact.
Ok as he says:
“Let that sink in. We can no longer hold the government accountable for their actions if they give us a wildly preposterous story to cover their tracks.”
And thus he comes to the conclusion:
“In this environment, we aren't represented by the people in Washington. We are their subjects.”
But the best part is yet to come, because he warns us based on his grand conspiracy of guilt:
“If you accept these ridiculous lies on partisan grounds, be warned. If this is allowed to go unpunished... when a republican gets in, he now has the power to use the IRS (openly) against liberals.”
So in the end if you do not blindly agree with the Glen Beck conspiracy’s build out of his opinions get ready for the inevitable.
“So don't complain when a republican does it down the road, YOU gave him that power.”
Ah – ah maybe just maybe we should have a little proof before we jump off the cliff based on your word of what happened.
UN must go

New York, NY

#14777 Jun 18, 2014
shameless wrote:
<quoted text>what do you think about christie and bridgegate???
I have no thoughts about Christy and Bridgegate, as it had no impact on me personally, I vote independently, but what this absentee president has not done has a national impact on this nation, and has put it in a position of going back into Iraq with a precarious position that should not have happened had he acted accordingly in the beginning, and not wait to get this news off of MSNBC.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#14778 Jun 18, 2014
I set and listened to the C-Span hearing over the IRS targeting Conservative political groups. The head of the Treasury Dept. was there and the fired head of the IRS. Plus in the back ground were other top people in the IRS who were there to either confirm or correct any testimony.

Again I heard nothing that rises to the level of a “scandal” although every Republican who questioned used that term every time he could.

I heard testimony that said after the Supreme Court decision over Citizen’s United where Corporations/wealthy can give unlimited amounts of money to a political campaign, but the amount donated would be a matter of record.

Then someone then came up with the bright idea to use the tax exempt status given to Churches and other non-profit groups get for doing general good. That way whoever gave money and the amount of money given could be hidden from public view just as no one knows how much one gives to the local Church.

Foreign Countries could give money through one of these groups and it would not have to be revealed.

All the sudden after Citizens United Decision, all kinds of requests were being presented for that status- thousands for 100 IRS agents to pour through and make a decision based on whether they were mostly giving money to politics or using it in a broad sense for the general good.

Whether or not it is correct I understood that there were 10 requests by right-wing groups to 1 from a left wing group. In addition to the great number of requests to be looked at, there was a one sided tilt to the number of requests and far more money was showing up on the right leaning groups. Likely because they are either corporate donations or wealthy interest donations that don’t want it known who they are supporting.

Now here is the part that would likely also attract the eye of the IRS – the amounts of money being given to the right-wing groups compared to the left-wing groups. The IRS was using a list of words that would prompt a closer look. Likely they should not have.

All agree that no group should be just targeted based on Republican or Democrat politics. ALL should be examined and in my opinion that loop-hole should be slammed shut.

I heard nothing that smacked of a political scandal and nothing close to reaching into the White House or the Obama Admin. There was no smoking gun that I heard that amounted to anything worthy of all the ranting and raving.

I want some proof that makes reasonable common sense before jumping to any conclusion even through the political talking heads can do it without any proof. Say it enough time and people will believe there must be something there. They take stuff out of context and report it as facts.

So far I can understand why the IRS was doing what they were doing and I don’t think they needed any push from the outside that smacks of politics. Fact is I think based on percentage of requests they denied about as many left groups as right wing groups. At least I have heard that said somewhere but can’t find it now.
UN must go

New York, NY

#14779 Jun 18, 2014
shameless wrote:
<quoted text>let's hope he doesn't need congress to vote to approve on any action.....
I wish I could find the threads that I criticized Bush on when he was in the WH as I stated I am an independent but will post negative about who is in power enacting policies that I don't agree with,at least until it is unlawful to do so.
UN must go

New York, NY

#14780 Jun 18, 2014
nac wrote:
Ok. Can we verify that?

With the world going to hell in that proverbial hand basket,there is Claire McCaskell going after Dr Oz for pushing what she feels is bad medical advice, isn't there more prudent things that should be addressed?
UN must go

New York, NY

#14781 Jun 18, 2014
I wonder every time that ISIS takes control of another Iraqi city, and Obama hears about it, he smiles broadly and claps his hands, at least that is the impression I get, he has been an utter failure as 'president in every aspect of his 'presidency'.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#14782 Jun 18, 2014
UN must go wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no thoughts about Christy and Bridgegate, as it had no impact on me personally, I vote independently, but what this absentee president has not done has a national impact on this nation, and has put it in a position of going back into Iraq with a precarious position that should not have happened had he acted accordingly in the beginning, and not wait to get this news off of MSNBC.
Many said (including me) that it was a mistake to go into Iraq with the intentions of overthrowing the government that was in place.--- If it was actually necessary to go into Iraq in the first place which I also opposed based on the evidence being presented.

But we did. We looked for WMD's and found none. We should have dragged Saddam Hussein out of the hole in the ground, made a fool out of him, dusted him off and left him in power without a army.

We spend a lot of money and lives trying to establish a Democracy in a part of the world that don't think the same way we do.

We could have stayed there ten more years but the day we leave "they" not us will determine who holds power.

Do you want to go back into Iraq? If so what for and for how long? Who is going to pay for it? What exactly do you think going back in will accomplish??

Or is it just a matter of blaming Obama for getting us out of the unfunded war and mess we should never have gotten into in the first place.

I just think of all the debt and lives lost that never should have happened.
Bloody Bill Anderson

Paducah, KY

#14783 Jun 18, 2014
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Many said (including me) that it was a mistake to go into Iraq with the intentions of overthrowing the government that was in place.--- If it was actually necessary to go into Iraq in the first place which I also opposed based on the evidence being presented.
But we did. We looked for WMD's and found none. We should have dragged Saddam Hussein out of the hole in the ground, made a fool out of him, dusted him off and left him in power without a army.
We spend a lot of money and lives trying to establish a Democracy in a part of the world that don't think the same way we do.
We could have stayed there ten more years but the day we leave "they" not us will determine who holds power.
Do you want to go back into Iraq? If so what for and for how long? Who is going to pay for it? What exactly do you think going back in will accomplish??
Or is it just a matter of blaming Obama for getting us out of the unfunded war and mess we should never have gotten into in the first place.
I supported going into Iraq because I believed that, yes, Saddam did have WMDs or a program that would soon produce them. Well, that turned out to be false. Now it appear that, at best, the Bush administration was badly misled. My chief suspect for feeding the U.S. false and misleading intelligence is the Israelis. They are the only people with anything to gain from the destruction of Iraq.

I also thought the Bush administration had a workable plan. They did not. They went about doing away with the Baath party in Iraq using the de-Nazification of Germany in 1945 as the model. They essentially destroyed the government. They also discharged almost the whole Iraqi army, almost 500,000 men. They also fired the police and other security forces, another 400,000 men. No government. No security forces.

As for keeping Saddam in power, I'm not so certain that would have been a good idea. What they should have done is leave the army and police intact, appoint some general with a reasonably clean slate, and tell him, "You are the new Boss Hogg of Iraq. Behave yourself - because if you don't, well, see what happened Saddam."

Then declare victory and go home.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#14784 Jun 18, 2014
Opinion wrote:
I want some proof that makes reasonable common sense before jumping to any conclusion even through the political talking heads can do it without any proof. Say it enough time and people will believe there must be something there. They take stuff out of context and report it as facts.
So far I can understand why the IRS was doing what they were doing and I don’t think they needed any push from the outside that smacks of politics. Fact is I think based on percentage of requests they denied about as many left groups as right wing groups. At least I have heard that said somewhere but can’t find it now.
You want proof that makes reasonable common sense???

The government admitted that local IRS workers in back of the woods out-posts acted unlawfully... but no Washington higher-ups were involved or even knew about it.

Lerner, in charge of those higher-ups, will not say that under oath... instead she pleads the 5th.

The emails that would prove the government's official story were "lost"... in a day & age where it is infinitely more difficult to make emails disappear than do anything else with them.

What "reasonable common sense" do you make of that, Polly?
Maude

Lynbrook, NY

#14785 Jun 18, 2014
scirocco wrote:
The Collapsing Obama Doctrine
Rarely has a U.S. president been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many
http://online.wsj.com/articles/dick-cheney-an...
Great post and so true.
Maude

Lynbrook, NY

#14786 Jun 18, 2014
Tee time wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I always said OBAMA stands for O=ne B=ig A=ss M=istake A=merica.
UN must go

New York, NY

#14787 Jun 18, 2014
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>

I, as was Hillary, Harry Reid, John Kerry was all for the intervention of going into Iraq initially, back in 2002, and believed as those mentioned that Iraq did indeed possess WMDs, but that is now history, what I do not understand is the dithering of this president or making an attempt to quell, or completely stop ISIS in their tracks, before they turn Iraq, and other nations into a Islamic Jihadi state, and their intentions of creating an Islamic empire throughout the entire Mideast, because if they aren't stopped now, we will have to stop them later at a much more dangerous, and perilous to American lives, it is like a disease [cancer] you get it early enough you have a chance of a cure, but if left unattended to, it festers, and grows and metastasizes into something more deadly, and the Islamic neck cutters are no different then said disease, they are both indiscriminate in their selections of who to kill. I am blaming Obama mostly due to this one fact, He is the CIC and should be putting an effective plan into action to halt their advance across that region, at least IMHO.
Audit time

Bay Shore, NY

#14788 Jun 19, 2014
shameless wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has taken far fewer days off than his predecessor, George W. Bush. Obama’s average of 21.5 vacation days per year makes him look like a workaholic compared to Bush’s 110 day average per year – more than five times Obama’s. But if you’re a rich white Republican you can’t be accused of being lazy or shiftless when you are enjoying some leisure time at your ranch in Crawford or on your yacht in Kennebunkport.
This is wrong. You must be counting Bush's days at his home in Crawford as vacation days.
They were not. He used his ranch just like Camp david.

Nice try.

Sort of like Obama:

And just like anyone who trys to say that the IRS scandal is not a scandal.

It is just unbelievable that anyone would try to say that there was not major wrongdoing at the IRS.

This is far worse then Watergate.

The only thing worse, is that even without the scandals, Obama is just incompetent.

Everything he has done has been a mistake.

Without a doubt the worst president in the history of America. And possibly one of the worst leaders in the history of the civilized world.
Democratic party

Bay Shore, NY

#14789 Jun 19, 2014
But the biggest thing we need to remember, is that Obama is able to do the damage he has done because the entire democratic party is behind him.

Everything he has done, right down to the IRS scandal, the immigration crisis, Obamacare, Fast and furious, the VA problems, the expansion of the welfare state, Benghazi, the horrendous foreign policy,

It all is supported by the democratic party.

And they would all vote for it, if their votes were necessary to pass any of it.

And they would all deny that they would vote for it, if their votes were NOT necessary to pass any of it.
Stimulus

Bay Shore, NY

#14790 Jun 19, 2014
And lets not forget the big payoff called the stimulus.
A trillion dollars paid to Obama supporters putting our country deeper in debt and resulting in no benefit to the economy.
Shovel ready, what a joke.
The democratic party at work.
Unfortunately for many people who received those payoffs, the democrats are now looking to their next source of votes, ie. illegal immigrants, and because they are willing to work harder for less money then most of the union workers, get ready to either take cuts in salary or lose jobs.
All courtesy of the democratic party.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min IB DaMann 54,581
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 12 min FuMan Chu Yanks 320,856
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 12 min -Sprocket- 10,973
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 14 min -Sprocket- 12,446
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 21 min jimi-yank 36,918
No Endorsements For Pigrena Williams 23 min Hilarious 1
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr mjjcpa 6,455
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) Tue Spencer 12,459
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages