OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER
THE EMPATHY GAP GROWS

Dover, OH

#13665 Dec 10, 2013
John J. Harwood covers national politics for CNBC and The New York Times. Monday, The Times and Wall Street Journal both published in-depth reports of the sky-high deductibles working and middle class Americans are suddenly facing in the ObamaCare exchanges. Via his verified Twitter account, Harwood dismissed this reporting:

Did health insurance even HAVE deductibles before Obamacare?#OneMoreOutrage

First ObamaCare disrupts and unsettles the lives of millions American families by cancelling their health insurance. Then these folks, many of whom are not wealthy, are forced into the ObamaCare exchanges where they are faced with the loss of their doctors, increased premium pricing, and exploding deductibles that range from $5000 per individual to $12,000 per family.

In any economy, much less this one, that kind of inflation can be the difference between the average family making it to the next paycheck, or not.

But John Harwood har-hars the reporting of this fact as though he honestly doesn’t understand the difference a lower deductible and a higher deductible can make for a working or middle class family.

The empathy gap between the elite media and what everyday Americans face grows wider by the day.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...

LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13666 Dec 10, 2013
THE EMPATHY GAP GROWS wrote:
----------LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER
"Republican Syndrome" --Conservatism as a Mental Illness

) Denial: humans did not evolve; Obama is not a native-born American Christian

2) Delusion: climate is not changing

3) Hallucination: God ordained me to be President

4) Disordered Thinking: being for small government that's huge in the bedroom; being anti-contraception and anti-abortion

5) Anger: Newt Gingrich’s perpetual scowl

6) Anti-social Behavior: toward women, gays, minorities, anyone without an umbilical cord or trust fund

7) Sexual Preoccupation: a fervent compulsion to control when we can mate, with whom we can mate, and precisely how we are allowed to mate (which I lampoon in Why Do Politicians Want to Police Dick and Jane's Private Parts?)

8) Grandiosity: even Rick Santorum recognizes Gingrich’s “over the moon” grandiosity

9) General Oddness: Ron Paul

10) Paranoia: pretty much all of them, all of the time

Even (the not necessarily dumb) Pope Francis appears to recognize that “it is a serious illness, this of ideological [conservative] Christians. It is an illness, but it is not new, eh?”
With John Boehner and company shuttering the Federal Government and threatening to not raise the debt limit ceiling, the GOP are purposely hurting We The People, as well as America's standing in the global marketplace. And for what? To draw attention to themselves and sympathy for their issues.

That’s classic Münchausen syndrome by proxy!

So, to recap: The Grand Old Party is having a grand old time abusing their positions of power by hurting their constituents just to garner attention on how sick the GOP is over President Obama's sickness safety net. Nothing pathological about that. Nothing at all. by Professor Barry X. Kuhle, Ph.D. in Evolutionary Entertainment
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13667 Dec 10, 2013
A study funded by the US government has concluded that conservatism can be explained psychologically as a set of neuroses rooted in "fear and aggression, dogmatism and the intolerance of ambiguity".

As if that was not enough to get Republican blood boiling, the report's four authors linked Hitler, Mussolini, Ronald Reagan and the rightwing talkshow host, Rush Limbaugh, arguing they all suffered from the same affliction.

All of them "preached a return to an idealised past and condoned inequality".

Republicans are demanding to know why the psychologists behind the report, Political Conservatism as Motivated Social Cognition, received $1.2m in public funds for their research from the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health.

The authors also peer into the psyche of President George Bush, who turns out to be a textbook case. The telltale signs are his preference for moral certainty and frequently expressed dislike of nuance.

"This intolerance of ambiguity can lead people to cling to the familiar, to arrive at premature conclusions, and to impose simplistic cliches and stereotypes," the authors argue in the Psychological Bulletin.

One of the psychologists behind the study, Jack Glaser, said the aversion to shades of grey and the need for "closure" could explain the fact that the Bush administration ignored intelligence that contradicted its beliefs about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

The authors, presumably aware of the outrage they were likely to trigger, added a disclaimer that their study "does not mean that conservatism is pathological or that conservative beliefs are necessarily false".

Another author, Arie Kruglanski, of the University of Maryland, said he had received hate mail since the article was published, but he insisted that the study "is not critical of conservatives at all". "The variables we talk about are general human dimensions," he said. "These are the same dimensions that contribute to loyalty and commitment to the group. Liberals might be less intolerant of ambiguity, but they may be less decisive, less committed, less loyal."

But what drives the psychologists? George Will, a Washington Post columnist who has long suffered from ingrained conservatism, noted, tartly: "The professors have ideas; the rest of us have emanations of our psychological needs and neuroses."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/aug/13/u...
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13668 Dec 10, 2013
To reduce it to simple terms that you nuts can understand:

You are a crazy bunch of right-wing nuts who are Conservative Facists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism
Position in the political spectrum[edit]

Fascism is commonly described as the extreme far right. Someone who believes in a totalitarian state rule by a supreme leader (THEIR dictator selected only by them) who controls everything possible and treats people harshly. No other leader or political thought is acceptable.

Now some of you are neo-conservative who;
Unlike traditional conservatives (who advocate small, gradual change), neo-cons advocate the use of force, manipulation and deception to radically change social policy BACK to the repressive pre-1960s days, while keeping the economy free-market thus enabling large corporations to take over the world.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
nac

Merrick, NY

#13669 Dec 10, 2013
Opinion wrote:
A study funded by the US government has concluded that conservatism ....
I'm glad that you at least enjoyed the propaganda that our tax dollars were wasted on.

One would think that you enlightened, compassionate Obamabots would prefer the money be spent on helping the poor over Bush-bashing that is a decade late to the party. Oh wait, no one would think that.
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13670 Dec 10, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad that you at least enjoyed the propaganda that our tax dollars were wasted on.
One would think that you enlightened, compassionate Obamabots would prefer the money be spent on helping the poor over Bush-bashing that is a decade late to the party. Oh wait, no one would think that.
Just trying to show where you are not a independent thinking non-political fence setting referee of the political working but rather just another right-wing nut.

You make yourself the fool standing there pissing on my leg while trying to tell me it's raining outside.

It surprises me you could read and understand what the postings were about based upon your past reading skills.

I'm still interested in your detailed explanations and proposals as a self-created independent thinker. Remember no repeats of Fixed News, Rush, Glen Beck, Michelle Bachmann or the most recent talking points put out to bitch about Obama.

Something original.
nac

Merrick, NY

#13671 Dec 10, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Just trying to show where you are not a independent thinking non-political fence setting referee of the political working but rather just another right-wing nut.
You make yourself the fool standing there pissing on my leg while trying to tell me it's raining outside.
It surprises me you could read and understand what the postings were about based upon your past reading skills.
I'm still interested in your detailed explanations and proposals as a self-created independent thinker. Remember no repeats of Fixed News, Rush, Glen Beck, Michelle Bachmann or the most recent talking points put out to bitch about Obama.
Something original.
Do you want something as original as cutting and pasting a 10 year old article about a "study" that "found" that conservatives have an emotional illness?

Oh, Polly... you never disappoint!
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13672 Dec 10, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want something as original as cutting and pasting a 10 year old article about a "study" that "found" that conservatives have an emotional illness?
Oh, Polly... you never disappoint!
Just goes to show you that neo-con's have not got any smarter in 10 years.

One would think after Bush/Cheney they might have learned something.

Evidently not. Still running around pissing on people's legs and telling them its raining.
nac

Merrick, NY

#13673 Dec 10, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Just goes to show you that neo-con's have not got any smarter in 10 years.
One would think after Bush/Cheney they might have learned something.
Evidently not. Still running around pissing on people's legs and telling them its raining.
Somebody watched a Judge Judy marathon this weekend!
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13674 Dec 10, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what Judge Judy marathon has to do with anything.

If you don't have something interesting to offer why act like a fly buzzing around a bull arse?
nac

Merrick, NY

#13675 Dec 10, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what Judge Judy marathon has to do with anything.
If you don't have something interesting to offer why act like a fly buzzing around a bull arse?
Interesting? The only thing that seems to interest you is parroting nonsense.

So I offer you this:

https://www.google.com/#q=conservatives+are+e...

It should interest you & keep you busy for a while.
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13676 Dec 10, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting? The only thing that seems to interest you is parroting nonsense.
So I offer you this:
I'm still waiting for you to stand up and back up what you have stated. But all I hear is that same old fly buzzing around. It’s just kind of annoying listening to the constant buzzing without any real purpose.

Same person who can't even come up with one example to back what they posted.

Can’t provide a case or two across the entire USA where someone's identity was stolen and they suffers as a result of the website security?

It’s always nice to hear from someone who is un-bias and non-political while calling the strikes and balls in the political game.
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13677 Dec 10, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
"nac" if its important to you to make the last stupid posting without presenting anything to the topic at hand I'll let you have the last word.

Buzz away "nac" I would wait for something worth while to respond to other than a buzzing arse fly that won't answer questions but asks questions, posts stuff that cannot be backed up, can't understand what is posted.

If you have something intelligent to post I will respond but if not why not give it a break from bothering my rear end.
nac

Merrick, NY

#13679 Dec 10, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
"nac" if its important to you to make the last stupid posting without presenting anything to the topic at hand I'll let you have the last word.
Buzz away "nac" I would wait for something worth while to respond to other than a buzzing arse fly that won't answer questions but asks questions, posts stuff that cannot be backed up, can't understand what is posted.
If you have something intelligent to post I will respond but if not why not give it a break from bothering my rear end.
"The topic at hand" ... that idiotic piece about conservatives having mental defects??? You want legitimate discussion about that???

OK.

It is state sponsored propaganda to be digested by the mentally weak.

There ya go.
DILLIGAF

New York, NY

#13680 Dec 10, 2013
TOO FUNNY wrote:
<quoted text>Our Fuhrer aka The Messiah has seen his poll numbers rapidly sink since the failed roll out on Oct.1. Now Obozo is out campaigning/lying DAILY to prop up his mess that EVERY Democrat and not a SINGLE Republican in Congress voted for. The American voter will need to be reminded of that as things continue to worsen and Nov. 2014 approaches.

Hopefully the Reps do not fail to stay on topic, and not allow the Dems to cower them into submission, like they always do, they must unite and stay strong in order to take the house back next year and truly make this mutt a lame duck.
DILLIGAF

New York, NY

#13681 Dec 10, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
That is funny. Sounds just like a bunch of Republican Fascists bitching about Obama Care playing follow the leader of the Republican party.
Naw, Nazis were leftist, people who call the Reps Nazis are so misinformed, in Obamas younger years it is alledged he liked to have sex with men, so in essence, he really played "Swallow the Leader," also what is he doing shaking the hand of a communist like Raul Castro, oh yeah, he loves those kinds of people, has a history of doing that even way before he got to the WH.

“she may be a murderer, but....”

Since: Dec 07

she'll ensure U cant prove it

#13682 Dec 11, 2013
DILLIGAF wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully the Reps do not fail to stay on topic, and not allow the Dems to cower them into submission, like they always do, they must unite and stay strong in order to take the house back next year and truly make this mutt a lame duck.
they will; now that you can no longer keep your healthcare and your Doctor, there's no chance this Dolt gets control of the Congress again. The only control he has is to once again, rally up the Obamatrons, go out on the road and point fingers at anyone who disagrees with him.
Superpower Selfie

Lindenhurst, NY

#13683 Dec 11, 2013
Did anybody want to talk to Bush?
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13685 Dec 11, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>

So I offer you this:
"nac" I tried the link you provided and the very first article was the following. Which parts do you agree with or disagree with.

Just The Facts from www.cracked.com
Republicans are Homophobic,racist,over religous,hypocrites,sexist,ant i-abortion,anti-freedom gun trotting assholes.
Almost every republican is a white lower to middle class undereducated person from the south,meaning a majority of them range from stupid to dumbfuck stupid.
Republicans love ''America". Everytime they see an american flag they jizz their pants. They have to put American flags and stickerssaying "I love America everywhere.'
Republicans love their Consitutional rights. Freedom of speech,religon,assembly etc. Then why do they hate other peoples religon and try to stop them from practicing it and not letting people have freedom of speech unless they approve of it.

They evils of conservatism.

Ah, Republicans the shit of America. People wonder why other countries hate us so much, Republicans. Our last president Bush who fucked up this country more than it ever was, lets take a look at how this man stuck his thumb up his asshole.

1. He started a war that didn't need to be fought resulting in billions of dollars in tax money and thousands of people dead on both sides many of them innocent children and civilians.

2. He wanted more drug test in schools, George Bush only was addicted to crack.

3. He cut funding to the Violence Against Women Act, an organazation to protect women from violence and rape.

4. He claimed Homosexuals were " sinners'' and tryed to push a bill to deny partnerships and rights to them.

5. He set more executions as a governor in American history, 152 some of whom were disabled.

The list goes on and on hundreds more...

Continue

As you can see it takes just one republican to fuck up a nation, no wonder they love it so much they put all the shit into it. Althrough the republican will never go away, with all their teabagging parties we can still fight the sickness. The values of conservatism are as long as your a rascist son of a bitch asshole who loves the bible it's okay. They believe in individual freedom but when somebody wants to have an abortion they want to tell you no. They believe in freedom of speech but they hate muslims and any other religon. And let's face it they are rascist and homophobic come on you can't deny it. The ultra-conservatism is a never ending whirlpool of shit

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/funny-7443-evil-republ...
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13686 Dec 11, 2013
nac wrote:
?
Wake up!!!
Wake up call as per "nac".

You right-wing nuts fall for the interests of the big boys according to "nac" and his wake up call (whatever you are suppose to being woke up about as he never says)

But being the independent fence setter who is not political and calls the game fairly I'm sure he will not object to this posting.

You whacko nuts better get the check in the mail.

Wealth controls politics in the USA. The Citizen’s United Supreme Court Decision coupled with political Pacs seeking recognition of exemption under IRC 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) opens the door for foreign money to find its way into USA politics.

Karl Rove’s Crossroads GPS, the nonprofit affiliate of the super PAC American Crossroads, reported receiving three eight-figure contributions —of $22.5 million,$18 million and,$10 million, during 2012… Crossroads GPS had 53 contributions of $1 million or more...”

This is your last chance to make your generous donation to a political Pac before this election year begins. The last day of December is a big day in the political world -- it’s the end of the fourth and final FEC fundraising quarter of the year.

If you want to be in the game get your six figure check in the mail asap to a political Pac of your choice to make sure that you will have candidates elected and lobbyists hired that represent your interests walking the halls of State Capitals and Congress.

Golden Rule – He who has the money rules.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 20 min Princess Hey 15,455
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 29 min Buddy from Whites... 329,738
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 33 min Buddy from Whites... 40,227
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 51 min rainmaker2016 14,656
News Pride parade steps off in New York in Orlando's... 2 hr Beauty QUEEN 11
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Earthling-1 60,113
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Truth is might 311,343
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 10 hr Bloody Bill Anderson 10,980
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages