OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER

“It's Obamacare Tax Time !”

Since: Dec 07

United States

#12762 Oct 1, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I know how much you hate to post anything other than dumb one liners or one word replies so we likely will not get the needed information to help you in your financial problems because of shit.
Would you support a Single Payer Health Care system for all necessary and emergency health care with up front co-pays with major costs paid for by a number of methods taxation methods which would then in some method let everyone help pay their healthcare costs and let the insurance companies bid to do the paper work?
Maybe if you support a Single Payer System we would work on that for you and maybe down the road you would be able to afford reasonable health care as would all Americans who then could help you afford some personal health care.
Just remember there are those of us who, being good Christians, try to look out for the less fortunate.
Just let us know if there is anything we could explain to you or help you with.
too many paragraphs; just calm down

United States

#12763 Oct 1, 2013
Big ego wrote:
<quoted text>
And frankly before this mess was passed, my health insurance was not only good, but affordable, now it is neither.
I have a very good Doctor; I would lose her if I switched. I'm also very satisfied with my insurance; but it all went up. I don't use an FSA; but I know some who do. They are very upset they lost it
Unbelievable

Islip, NY

#12765 Oct 1, 2013
Apparently the republicans capitulated, gave the democrats everything but a one year delay on the mandate, and that our taxpayer funded public servants should have to be on the same insurance that we all are,

but it was not enough, the elitist democrats who rammed through this montrosity over the will of the people refuse to be subject to the same laws they pass,

and they refuse to delay the mandate for anyone but those who pay them off. and that does not include the people who pay their salaries.

United States

#12766 Oct 1, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
Apparently the republicans capitulated, gave the democrats everything but a one year delay on the mandate, and that our taxpayer funded public servants should have to be on the same insurance that we all are,
but it was not enough, the elitist democrats who rammed through this montrosity over the will of the people refuse to be subject to the same laws they pass,
and they refuse to delay the mandate for anyone but those who pay them off. and that does not include the people who pay their salaries.
I'd make them take back all the union exemptions as well.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12767 Oct 1, 2013
A Time for Everything
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

There is a time to pay your bills for things you have already bought. There is a time to cut your spending for the future.

Now is not to play politics and default on the bill for the things you have already bought. There is a time to discuss/debate and eliminate spending in the future.

The only reason for all this non-sense is to refight Obamacare before it really went into effect. The House has already tried to repeal it for over 40 times.

The time to cut programs and future spending is coming shortly and they can play the game all over again.

Too bad we didn't pay for the two unfunded never ending wars and the Medicare donut hole bill.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12768 Oct 1, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
The National Health Care Act is finally going into effect.
You know it as Obama Care.

The Health Care Exchanges are now open for business. Depending on your State the name might have been changed to protect you from recognizing it.

You can go hopefully get some healthcare insurance that you might be able to afford. If your income is not high you might even be entitled to a "subsidy" kind of like the subsidy that the farmers and corporations get. I would call it "welfare" but that is only given to the poor.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12769 Oct 1, 2013
72% to 22% of the general public do not agree with the Republicans shutting down the government over Obama care.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12770 Oct 1, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
You're worrying about nothing. They are going to raise the debt ceiling. They are simply using the issue as leverage to negotiate other issues. In the end, they WILL raise the debt ceiling, just as they always have.
----------
But again, they WILL raise the debt ceiling the very minute that they think that they can't milk it politically anymore.
You were saying "what"?

I see that you got up early to place blame.
Unbelievable

Islip, NY

#12771 Oct 1, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, of course that is what this bill is all about, opportunities to pay off special interest groups like the unions in exchange for preferential treatment paid for by the taxpayers.

For which our elitist politicians get paid off very nicely in the form of contributions, payoffs, and political support,

and for which we not only pay the price with our taxes but also with our healthcare as there is certainly no exemption for us.

and also by the way we will be paying for the exemption our so called public servants vote themselves also at our expense.
shameless-li

United States

#12772 Oct 1, 2013
Opinion wrote:
A Time for Everything
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
do everything turn, turn, turn....(i've always hated that song)
shameless-li

United States

#12773 Oct 1, 2013
Opinion wrote:
72% to 22% of the general public do not agree with the Republicans shutting down the government over Obama care.
just wait until the next elections, the people will remember this....the dem's will be taking over the country and rep's have no-one to blame but themselves...instead of trying to screw obama, they just screwed themselves.... ted cruz's fillibuster, most replubican officials were even embarassed by him...putting federal employees out of work, they will remember...

btw - all members of the senate, house, congress, etc....should be considered "federal" employees and lose their pay as well as everyone else who is affected by this...
nac

Merrick, NY

#12774 Oct 1, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You were saying "what"?
I see that you got up early to place blame.
I was saying that they will raise the debt ceiling. And I still believe that they will.

I also find it unsurprising that my cheerleader/parrot friend doesn't know that this government shutdown is a separate issue... the debt ceiling showdown will be in mid-October.

Also, my last post was about the differences between candidate and President Obama... feel free to continue to ignore his actions, he's given some great speeches over the years.

In any event, the post had nothing to do with blame for the shutdown. Oh for two. Skip your coffee this morning?
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12775 Oct 1, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I was saying that they will raise the debt ceiling. And I still believe that they will.
I also find it unsurprising that my cheerleader/parrot friend doesn't know that this government shutdown is a separate issue... the debt ceiling showdown will be in mid-October.
Also, my last post was about the differences between candidate and President Obama... feel free to continue to ignore his actions, he's given some great speeches over the years.
In any event, the post had nothing to do with blame for the shutdown. Oh for two. Skip your coffee this morning?
Come on, lets not spin what I have already posted. Be a little honest about what I have already said.

I have in the past stated that this issue and the debt ceiling issue are two separate things. Pay the bills now fight over spending when the time is right. Then both sides can play the hold the government hostage game over their issues.

Now is the time to pay the bills for money already spent.

If Republicans want to defund social security, medicare or the National Healthcare Act in the debt ceiling showdown - fine that is the time to try to do it. I'm sure that the Democrats will have their shopping list also to eliminate, including stopping a bunch of Republican spending that favor the wealthy and large oil companies.. ;Maybe even going back and paying for two unfunded wars and the donut hole.

I could go back and give you a pretty good argument whether what Senator Obama said even actually relates to the issue at hand. But that is history.

When we get to the next issue then lets talk where you would make cuts in spending and where I would make cuts in spending. I'm all for cutting the spending of the Federal government but where those cuts should be made will be the issue. Then we haven't even gotten to the issue of cutting down the debit already incurred.

This is political hijacking by a minority refusing to pay the bills already incurred if they don't get their way over killing Obama Care.

Most people have no idea what's in Obama Care other than listening to the lies put out by the right. Death panels, kill grandma, government man sticking his hose between a woman's legs or sticking his finger up a man's rear.

Be fair.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12776 Oct 1, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
just wait until the next elections, the people will remember this....the dem's will be taking over the country and rep's have no-one to blame but themselves...instead of trying to screw obama, they just screwed themselves.... ted cruz's fillibuster, most replubican officials were even embarassed by him...putting federal employees out of work, they will remember...
btw - all members of the senate, house, congress, etc....should be considered "federal" employees and lose their pay as well as everyone else who is affected by this...
I would hope that would be the case but with the political spin doctors along with Fixed News they will twist what has happened in to a pretzel.

It seems that people either don't pay any attention or they are so locked to a political party they refuse to see reality.

This issue was a last ditch attempt to defund Obama care nothing more and the republicans are willing to let the government default on its bills already racked up.

I can just see what the Republicans would be saying if the Democrats started playing the same game in reverse, either pass what bills we want and eliminate things already in effect or we will not pay the bills of the government.

Republicans just cannot accept the fact that they are the minority party in government, they lost the issue of National Healthcare although they had their say by many amendments.

They live in their self created echo chamber. I will never forget Carl Rove not accepting the fact that Obama was winning the Presidential election by a landslide.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12777 Oct 1, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Then Senator Obama voted against raising the debt ceiling as a senator to make a point about what he believed were wrong fiscal priorities of that administration. Not to eliminate a single bill already passed and funded.

Senator Obama never did was say,‘I will vote to default if I don’t get what I want, or that a Republican bill be eliminated.

Big difference, since the one thing that Republicans want to eliminate is Obama care.

That one thing and that one thing only they want to get rid of BEFORE it actually goes into effect.

The debt ceiling is not a question of authorizing more spending. Raising the debt ceiling does not authorize more spending. It simply allows the country to pay for spending that Congress has already committed to.

There is a time to have a “conversation” about reducing the deficit, but the debt limit was not the right vehicle.
The easiest way to solve the matter is for the Republicans of the House to let the entire House vote on the Senate Bill. A minority is holding the government hostage to eliminate one thing they don’t like Obama care.

Problem is Obama care is now in effect.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12778 Oct 1, 2013
nac wrote:
I find it astounding that Obama still has so many blind followers even though President Obama is the diametrical opposite of candidate/Senator Obama.
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.… Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
-Senator Obama in 2006
Now that HE is President, he refuses to even negotiate with those that share his former views on debt.
I can't help but ask... Why aren't you people waking up???
"I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."
-Candidate Obama in 2008
Well, President Obama has already raised your payroll tax. Now, Obamacare is about to raise taxes on medical devices, flexible spending accounts, investment income, Medicare Payroll taxes, and more.
Here is a breakdown on some of the Obamacare new taxes: http://www.atr.org/obama-obamacare-raise-taxe...
Now that he IS President, he is all for new taxes and raising taxes. Yet partisan democrats still support him and the higher national debt and higher taxes.
Again... Why aren't you people waking up???
I know that republicans aren't an attractive alternative option... but why still support a President who's policies are the opposite of his campaign promises on everything... including war?
I want to know why you aren't waking up. I know that republicans are "crazy," forget about them for a minute... tell me why President Obama gets to be the opposite of candidate Obama... and not lose ANY blind admiration.
He DOES the opposite of what he SAYS... yet people only pay attention to what he says!
Again, I find it astounding. Why aren't YOU waking up???
Easy to resolve.

Put the Senate bill before the entire House of Representative and let them vote it up or down.

Problem is the Republicans in the House want to hold the government hostage to defeat Obama Care.

Senate Democrats might as well put forward their wish list of eliminating Republican things they don't like and demand that those things be eliminated or not funded.

All that is likely coming down the road.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12779 Oct 1, 2013
We the People wrote:
We are all so glad President Obama is leading the Country.
You started this thread so where are you?

United States

#12780 Oct 1, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
do everything turn, turn, turn....(i've always hated that song)
I always hated David Crosby; but I like "Mr. Tambourine Man"

United States

#12781 Oct 1, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, of course that is what this bill is all about, opportunities to pay off special interest groups like the unions in exchange for preferential treatment paid for by the taxpayers.
For which our elitist politicians get paid off very nicely in the form of contributions, payoffs, and political support,
and for which we not only pay the price with our taxes but also with our healthcare as there is certainly no exemption for us.
and also by the way we will be paying for the exemption our so called public servants vote themselves also at our expense.
which is a good reason why you cannot call this the 'law of the land'. If it is, then everyone should live by it
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12782 Oct 1, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
which is a good reason why you cannot call this the 'law of the land'. If it is, then everyone should live by it
Time for a little truth in bull shit land.
If "Obamacare" is so great, why are members of Congress eager to exempt themselves from the new federal system? The problem, as you might have guessed, is that the argument is so wildly misleading, it bears no meaningful connection to reality. They vote to go under Obama care it was a Republican idea.

The trouble started in 2009 with a cheap stunt orchestrated by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa). While lawmakers already get insurance through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Plan, just like other federal employees, the Iowa Republican pushed a proposal to force members of Congress out of the federal system and into exchanges. The point wasn't to shape policy, but to create a talking point for Republicans. Grassley desperately wanted to say, "Those darn Democrats think the exchanges are good enough for millions of Americans, but not good enough for themselves," and he assumed Dems would balk at his "plan" because they'd be unwilling to give up the generous Federal Employees Health Benefits Plan. But Democrats called Grassley's bluff, embraced his idea, and added it to the Affordable Care Act.

The federal government, like most large employers, not only provides the opportunity for its workers to get insurance. IT ALSO PAYS A LARGE PORTION OF THE PREMIUM. Now that lawmakers and their advisers were going into the exchanges, what would happen to that contribution? Would they just lose the money? It is part of their wage and benefit package.

The answer, the administration decided last week, is no. Lawmakers and their staffs could keep their employer contributions, and apply that money towards the cost of whatever insurance they buy in the exchanges.
For Republicans and their allies to whine incessantly about this is ridiculous, even by contemporary conservative standards. We are, after all, talking about an idea pushed by a Republican senator and quietly celebrated away from the cameras by Republican offices.
"the toxic combination of ignorance and bad faith that has characterized the right's approach to Obamacare."
So Grassley's amendment created a situation for government workers that Republicans claimed, falsely, the law would create for everybody else: forcing them off their employer insurance and on to the exchanges. Grassley's amendment didn't even attempt to design a coherent way of changing health-care worker benefits, because, again, it wasn't an attempt to reform health care for Congress and its staff -- it was an attempt to furnish a talking point for Rush Limbaugh and Fox News. It yanked away the subsidized health insurance Congress and its staff get, essentially imposing a massive pay cut on those workers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 38,797
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr jimi-yank 327,602
Vote Gary Johnson 2 hr Defektor 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr cpeter1313 311,046
Congress voted today to have Trump purified for... 5 hr Reverend Roy 1
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 6 hr Princess Hey 13,785
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 6 hr Princess Hey 14,807
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages