Memories and legends come alive at Ri...

Memories and legends come alive at Riverhead Raceway

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 24, 2008, titled Memories and legends come alive at Riverhead Raceway. In it, Newsday reports that:

At first glance, it is just an old race car. Emblems, a cage around the driver and number 54.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Its a dump

United States

#1 Aug 4, 2008
Its sold, we welcome Lowes!!!
Redneck Al

Hollywood, FL

#2 Aug 4, 2008
Woop Woop your getting a lowes!

“Clance' McClannahan ”

Since: Jan 07

Boise ID

#3 Aug 4, 2008
We need to keep the memories, and stimulate the interest nowdays, of the "Home Tracks and Racer's".
It's a great family sport and with the economy the way it is, it's an inexpensive way to introduce a lifelong hobby to kids and families.

Since: Jul 08

East Texas

#4 Aug 4, 2008
Church of the Great Oval wrote:
We need to keep the memories, and stimulate the interest nowdays, of the "Home Tracks and Racer's".
It's a great family sport and with the economy the way it is, it's an inexpensive way to introduce a lifelong hobby to kids and families.
What is your website about?
WILLIAM RICE

United States

#6 Sep 3, 2008
I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUTRACING.WHEN I WAS A KID I USED TO GO ISLIPSPEEDWAY ON SATURDAY NIGHTS TO WATCH MY FATHER RACE IN THE FIGURE8. THAT WAS IN THE LATE 60s TO THE EARLY 70s.HIS STOCKCAR# WAS#5.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 min 40ish 16,830
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 8 min The Don 89
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 min The Don 312,852
im victim to phoneSex Assault 12 min The Don 18
jets talk back (Dec '07) 13 min The Don 13,330
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 27 min The Don 334,485
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Into The Night 62,353

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages