H.S. Basketball talk back
Stan brown

Mastic, NY

#7573 Oct 22, 2007
chris martin wrote:
I was a coach at the 5 star basketball camp in fordham in the bronx this summer and i saw about 5 kids that was really good i could tell they where aau kids and keenan burton was one of the kids that was really good from Pat_Med. I think if he keeps his grades up above 80 he will be a future d-1 player i will be looking out for him this year
I hope all the hype this kid is getting he stays grounded
lewis Michaels

Mastic, NY

#7574 Oct 22, 2007
chris martin wrote:
I was a coach at the 5 star basketball camp in fordham in the bronx this summer and i saw about 5 kids that was really good i could tell they where aau kids and keenan burton was one of the kids that was really good. I think if he keeps his grades up above 80 he will be a future d-1 player i will be looking out for him this year
I hope pat-med coaching staff doesnt be like most varsity coaches and play 11th and 12 grader because they are jr's and seniors i bet you this kid who is only a freshmen is better than half the players on varsity. I will be looking in the newsday this year to see if he is playing if not i hope his parents call me at St Dom's
Randy Jones

Mastic, NY

#7575 Oct 22, 2007
chris martin wrote:
I was a coach at the 5 star basketball camp in fordham in the bronx this summer and i saw about 5 kids that was really good i could tell they where aau kids and keenan burton was one of the kids that was really good. I think if he keeps his grades up above 80 he will be a future d-1 player i will be looking out for him this year
I saw keenan burton from Pat-Med also i hope he gets the right coaching if he does this kid will go far. I hope pat-med knows the type of potential this kid has, and i hope he gets good grades in school, only time will tell.
Bball Passion

Brooklyn, NY

#7576 Nov 9, 2007
Alright its bout that time for Bball season. Who do you think is going to be tough competition this year??? We all know East Hampton has two of there best players returning for there last year. Mike Russell and Marcus Edwards. After there disappointing loss to John Glenn last year which shattered there undefeated record. and there hopes of a county championship. Can East Hampton take the class A this year? There arent really any teams to worry about in class A this year unless someone has a surprise in store. Amityville on the other hand is always competition no matter what. i ahve a feeling these two teams will meet in the suffolk class A championship.
B-Bop deluxe

AOL

#7577 Nov 11, 2007
Pre-season East Hampton seems to be the favorite. With Kings Park moved back to AA and Bayport moved to B, Amityville appears to be their big threat

Since: Sep 07

Brooklyn, NY

#7578 Nov 11, 2007
John Glenn will be very strong this year - they beat Whitman three times this summer with both teams at full strength.
Porters

Levittown, NY

#7579 Nov 19, 2007
GREENPORT IS RUNNIN THIS YEAR
LETSS GOOO
NYstate

Allentown, NJ

#7580 Nov 26, 2007
Top teams on the Island will be: Lutheran, Elmont, Upper Room, Jericho, East Hampton, Uniondale, Walt Whitman, Bayshore, Hempstead and Wyandanch.
Observer

Colnbrook, UK

#7581 Dec 4, 2007
Randy Jones wrote:
<quoted text>I saw keenan burton from Pat-Med also i hope he gets the right coaching if he does this kid will go far. I hope pat-med knows the type of potential this kid has, and i hope he gets good grades in school, only time will tell.
You really need to stop posting the same thing, over and over, using different names. As far as this kid goes, if he plays at Pat-Med, he's outa luck. The only one allowed to shoot on that team is the 5'3" point guard, cause the coach is tight with his 'roided father
Randy Jones

Mastic, NY

#7582 Apr 23, 2008

go to this link in see keenan burton @ work
will james

Plattsburgh, NY

#7583 Mar 3, 2009
comee onn
VSC

Lynbrook, NY

#7584 Jun 2, 2009
hey how about Valley Stream Central H.S they have a good basketball team and going to make some noise next year
david

Chesterfield, MO

#7585 Sep 1, 2011
realball wrote:
<quoted text> WELL--WELL i guess Rockville Centre still gets no respect it was LI BASKETBALL lets see St Agnes--Pat Smith Pete&Ed molloy Frank Alagia Peter Crotty Brian&Charlie Mahoney Billy Kevin Danny Croutier Brian&Kevin moriarity Billy Donavan The Mills brothers The Lennon brothers AJ Wynder Bernard Woodside Tim Obrien Emile Sella Doug and Tracy Mills Southside HS Otis Larry BeaverGreg Chuck JeFF Dave smith Dave John Lucy Bernard James Billy Cisti thats to name a few
Where is emile sella today? 9/2011
[email protected]
Coach

Atlanta, GA

#7586 Oct 15, 2011
Ruland, Erving, Foots Walker, Toby Knight, and Randy Smith are the best LI players of all-time.
JV Scrub

Honolulu, HI

#7587 Oct 18, 2011
Jeff Ruland, Reggie Carter, Randy Smith, Foots Walker, and Mitch Kupchak - all time best Suffolk County
You said what

Long Beach, NY

#7589 Nov 18, 2011
Top teams is Nassau this year- South Side, Manhasset, Lawrence, Baldwin.

Suffolk- Hills West, Harborfields, East Islip, Floyd.
Craig Holland

Brooklyn, NY

#7590 Jan 18, 2013
Old Timer wrote:
St. Agnes was a superb program for many years but their cross-town rival South Side beat them in 1975 in the first round of what was then known as the Top 8 Classic which was held after St. Agnes won the Catholic Championsip and South Side the Nassau County Championship. South Side then beat Holy Cross in the semis and lost to the Reggie Carter and Wayne McCoy led Lutheran Crusaders by 2 in the finals. Those were the days
Hey, I played in that game. Lost by 1 to a team with 2 future NBAer's - and my long shot at buzzer only counted for 2 points in those days so we lost by 1.
the one and only

Bronx, NY

#7592 Nov 11, 2014
Old Timer wrote:
<quoted text>Top 8 Classic was after Beaver Smith graduated (1972)The team that beat St. Agnes (1975) was led by Beavers brothers, Jeff and Chcukie. The St. Agnes team was led by Mike Palma (Wake Forest)
thats my unckle beaver
B-Ball

Charlotte, NC

#7593 May 25, 2016
outside looking in wrote:
<quoted text>What about Kenny woods from Easthampton. Foots Walker from Southampton.
Bobby Brown an Brower North Babylon
Bobby L

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7594 Sep 22, 2016
Hey Jason wrote:
This is a response to your article about the OLD Chaminade gym.....

Too bad that gym didn't help them win many Varsity Championships, like the way the OLD St.Agnes gym did for the GREAT FRANK MORRIS teams...Now that was a cramped gym with some spring in the floor and the fans right on top of you...Loud, raucous, enthisiastic, WAY BETTER than the Chaminade gym, WAY BETTER!!!!!!!...Peter Crotty, Brian and Charlie Mahoney, Jimmy Hayes, Frank Alagia, Freddie Diaz, the Cluess', the Moriarty's, the Crotiers', Mike Palma, John Batule, the Mills', Billy Donovan, and so many more guys that all played in MANY more IMPORTANT games in their own gym, ALL THE TIME!!!!... Now the St. Agnes gym was the EPITOME of LI Catholic Basketball...If you played there in CYO as kid and you played there in HS, you always KNEW what COURT you were playing on!!!

Now, That is the GYM that is missed!!!!
You are not kidding. Toughest gym on L.I. at the time. Crotty, Mahoney, Moriarity, alagia, Croutier-- Those kids were quick & they could all shoot the lights out. The only team That gave them any trouble in the league was Maria Regina, in Uniondale. They had Vinnie Tracey, & Gary Wall two of the best from those years (1970-71) Lost @Hofstra in Playoffs by 1 pt. Wall was as good a guard as there was on L.I. smooth as silk - great ball handler & passer & could get 30 on any given night. Those were by far the best years for H.S. basketball on L.I.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 57 min Susanm 322,226
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr what a russsh 18,914
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr what a russsh 17,757
President Trump==>>the Former YUGOSLAVS ARE NOT... 1 hr Pinhead 2
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr Pinhead 45,905
ROY - '' But I HAD their Mothers' Persimmons '... 2 hr The Last Warrior ... 4
We VS We (Nov '09) 3 hr 2 Dogs 2,680
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 14 hr Nemo 5,944
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued (Jun '16) Wed rthunder14 1,833

New York Jobs