Mattituck High School on lockdown aft...

Mattituck High School on lockdown after threat

There are 57 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 29, 2008, titled Mattituck High School on lockdown after threat. In it, Newsday reports that:

Rural Mattituck High School on the picturesque North Fork of eastern Long Island is under precautionary lockdown security measures Friday after a student already on suspension made a "threatening remark" in the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
tom smith

Oyster Bay, NY

#46 Feb 29, 2008
i like men
gary ennis

Oyster Bay, NY

#47 Feb 29, 2008
im gay......jerking off is fun
Bill in Riverhead

Pearl River, NY

#48 Mar 1, 2008
Melissa B wrote:
Mattituck School has to be the worst school i have ever attended. I went to 3 different high schools, and Mattituck was a difficult school to tolerate. They dont treat students fairly or equal, and now they wonder why students threaten to shoot people and why they act up in class. Its the schools fault. Mattituck School thrives off of gossip, and thats what creates problems. And if anyone is naive that would be you Mr. Mckenna. Maybe you need to be more involved with your students and pay attention.
Or perhaps he could realize his life ambition and be a full-time greeter at Wal-mart !!
Bill in Riverhead

Pearl River, NY

#49 Mar 1, 2008
I don't get it. The punks parents reported the threat. Why not just go get this P>O>S> and put a good scare into him?
OneLess

Elkridge, MD

#50 Mar 1, 2008
Here is one less student to worry about, as this son of a rap start let his DNA hang out.

Friends and neighbors are shocked by new details in the triple murder of a Gwinnett County deputy and her young daughters. Police said her 17 year old son confessed to killing them.
Gwinnett County police now have recovered the gun that was used to kill Deputy Joy Deleston and her daughters. It was recovered by a dive team at an undisclosed body of water late Friday afternoon.
When police entered the home shortly before 8 p.m. Thursday night, they found 11-year-old Micaiah Deleston's body just inside the doorway. A little further in, they found Deputy Joy Deleston -- they both had been shot. Upstairs, they found 4-year-old Jelani Deleston.
About 35 minutes after they arrived on the scene, 17-year-old Anthony Terrell Jr. walked in the house, and after questioning, he told police he killed them. He also gave them two locations to search for the murder weapon
BOTZ

Paterson, NJ

#51 Mar 2, 2008
mmoore19971 wrote:
hmmmmm....anybody else notice what i noticed???? the only name anyone is being called is "Schmuck".....so that tells me this story is allll about white folks, it's funny to me how some of you people are, if this school had been in the hood, or in the bario there would be 300 post on here calling people of color alll kinds of names " schmuck " not being one of them, i guess as long as these folks are white " it's just kids being kids" some of you people make me want to vomit.
is it us people or the thunderbird and ripple you drank in excess yesterday?
Eric Van Dyne

Shelter Island, NY

#52 Mar 3, 2008
I love Ray Charles
inthisemoment

Jackson, NJ

#54 Mar 3, 2008
Well at least were not in the hood with fu cking black people all over in riverhead having lock downs every week! at least we have common sense and disapline
Eddie Macintyre

Levittown, NY

#55 Mar 29, 2008
I am a flaming homosexual, i only came out like last month so fellas give me a ring. 8-------- <3
matituckjunior

Huntington Station, NY

#56 Oct 18, 2008
EXCUSE ME! this happened to my school
none of you no the truth about the kid that made the threat and u shouldnt be saying anything
cuz Mr. Mckenna made it so the kids US can be safe!
Timmy

Hinesburg, VT

#57 Oct 18, 2008
Larry wrote:
Must be a slow news day. A bit of an over reaction by Mc Kenna but he has to cover his backside. That Newsday blows it up does no good but God knows they need to sell newspapers. School days were much more mundane when I attended M.H.S.
When did you attend?
I remember a bunch of kids crossing the front lawn and standing out by the main road when MLK was killed. Don't know how much coverage the Watchman gave it...
Reality Man

Norfolk, VA

#59 Dec 5, 2008
matituckjunior wrote:
...none of you no the truth....
Way to represent MHS. Hope you're ready for University of SCC
1970 kid

Lewiston, ME

#60 Apr 9, 2009
workingforaliving wrote:
The problem today is the kids have no release pressure valve. You don't see sit-ins or political things that was done in the 60's. In the 70's, there were school riots,like those at Lafayette High School. I am not supporting riots, but I am suggesting that you are seeing an escalating in violence, and this is all during a time of increasing government intervention in the lives of people. But where intervention is required, those programs are reduced or eliminated, such as after school volleyball, dodgeball, or basketball activities.
are you talking about lafayette in buffalo ny?
Ilene

Ardsley, NY

#61 Oct 8, 2009
You obviously have no grasp on reality. Mattituck is one of the best schools around and Mr. McKenna is one of the most dedicated individuals I have ever met. It's a shame that people like you are permitted to post such trash!
Smell the Fear

White Plains, NY

#62 Oct 9, 2009
Ilene wrote:
You obviously have no grasp on reality. Mattituck is one of the best schools around and Mr. McKenna is one of the most dedicated individuals I have ever met. It's a shame that people like you are permitted to post such trash!
brown nose.
cab

Clinton Corners, NY

#63 Dec 20, 2010
Its a shame that this troubled young man's anger was able to progress as far as it has. He strikes me as being very lonely. As far as I am aware, nobody on this post has shown any sympathy. Yes, remove him, protect others and get him the help he needs immediately. Generally, in cases like this the home is not a happy one and dysfunctions on any number of levels are the causal factors. Now that I've said my piece I realize that everyone is entitled to their unfortunate opinion but try, at the very least, to spell properly. No literate person is going to take you seriously if your spelling and grammatical errors overshadow your comments. Oh, and then there's spell check! That's the problem with Democracy- the proletariat are allowed to blather and the media actually pays attention. Sigh...
Cab Driver

West Islip, NY

#64 Dec 20, 2010
Blah, Blah, Blah,....way to chime in, a year later!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min Earthling-1 61,525
Lester Holt vs Donald Trump 1 hr Local 4
News Hillary Clinton Charges Racism 4 hr Montrose 733
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 4 hr NEMO 12,423
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr zach 311,926
trummped up trickle down 5 hr josh 1
last post wins! (Jun '10) 6 hr Princess Hey 26,633
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 7 hr met fan 41,930
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 8 hr TMshyster 333,214
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 18 hr DAVID27 141

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance