Man faces bias charges in road rage i...

Man faces bias charges in road rage incident

There are 68 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 26, 2008, titled Man faces bias charges in road rage incident. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Hauppauge man was charged with several bias crimes after an altercation in Oceanside, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bill

Morris Plains, NJ

#1 Apr 26, 2008
Bias crimes are a shame and only enforced in one direction. I hope this madman in a cement truck is aquitted.
Long Island driver

Dover, NJ

#4 Apr 26, 2008
The cement truck won. I need me one of those.
Bangkok Bill

Bangkok, Thailand

#5 Apr 26, 2008
He doesn't like those people,what is the problem?
corrado

Jamaica, NY

#7 Apr 26, 2008
Racist Slurs - wrong
Road Rage - wrong
Threat of assault - wrong

people like this truck "driver" don't belong on our Long Island. get em out
nicholelibra

Holmdel, NJ

#9 Apr 27, 2008
corrado wrote:
Racist Slurs - wrong
Road Rage - wrong
Threat of assault - wrong
people like this truck "driver" don't belong on our Long Island. get em out
Apparently you and I are the only ones with common sense. Anyone who uses physical harm or racial slurs against another person be it the n word, Guido, wet-back, or any other term is wrong and out of line.

And when the next story reads about how some poor person got their head bashed in because some jackass couldn't keep his cool remember this story.
SickleCell

Bethpage, NY

#10 Apr 27, 2008
Another uneducated douche causing trouble. When he is sentenced, all his friends and family will say how much of an upstanding citizen he is to the community. You have to pity the poor judge who has to listen to all the bu ll sh it as he is sentenced to at least 18 months in jail and community service. The family will regale with stories of his piping skills which were learned as a Teamster. Maybe the judge will let off easy by allowing no jail time in exchange for wearing a tee-shirt for thirty days walking in Wyandanch stating: "I called a black man a the "n" word.
Gay Ramone

Elizabeth, NJ

#11 Apr 27, 2008
How many non white people are charged with bias crimes SCPD?

Pls answer
HighPlainSphinct er

Milford, CT

#12 Apr 27, 2008
thats how you need to treat those people

its not like they will respect you, you need to beat it into them

just dont hit em in the head
Spork

Norwalk, CT

#13 Apr 27, 2008
While I am no fan of how bias crimes are handled (they seem to have been made for the blacks and Jews) this truck driver was absolutely wrong and should have been busted.
Horse SShit

Coram, NY

#14 Apr 27, 2008
Sal the Hammer Grimaldi wrote:
Niggums had it coming, I'm sure. These trucks don't have the capacity to go tearing down the road at any great rate of speed, and I'd be willing to wager that the "victim" cut him off by a narrow margin and caused Mr. Erali to slam on the brakes.
Race not withstanding, if this guy want to take a pipe and threaten this upstart imbecile into some better driving practices, more power to him.
Your An Idiot, Let me correct myself, You are a F-Ing Ignorant Idiot.

Guess you do not drive much to observe the rate of speed the trucks do while on the roadway.
HighPlainSphinct er

Milford, CT

#15 Apr 27, 2008
Horse SShit wrote:
<quoted text>Your An Idiot, Let me correct myself, You are a F-Ing Ignorant Idiot.
Guess you do not drive much to observe the rate of speed the trucks do while on the roadway.
let me correct you, YOUR abuse of the english language is typical of you blue gums

YOU'RE an idiot
charlie

Orlando, FL

#16 Apr 27, 2008
they charged him for a bias crime,is there a person who was there to say he did this.than they just took the word of this man.the guy who said bias crimes are only for blacks and jews is true. in howard beach a punch of black kids went after some white kids with sticks and bats calling them honkeys and white trash but no one was charged with bias crime.
REV WRIGHT

Waxhaw, NC

#17 Apr 27, 2008
Fire him and hire a BROTHER!
First Amendment

New York, NY

#18 Apr 27, 2008
So know you can't call a spade a spade in Soviet America?
THE FRITO BANDITO

Port Richey, FL

#20 Apr 27, 2008
This is news???
Truth

Long Beach, NY

#21 Apr 27, 2008
OH PLEASE! If I, a White man, called the police everytime a bias crime happened to me by blacks or spanish, I would have arrested many. Oh! sorry, I forgot, blacks and spanish are not racist against Whites!!
Truth

Long Beach, NY

#22 Apr 27, 2008
Sure why not, right? Affirmative action would get him in!
REV WRIGHT wrote:
Fire him and hire a BROTHER!
Truth

Long Beach, NY

#23 Apr 27, 2008
Blacks and spanish are not racist! they are all innocent, upstanding citizens! Always crying wolf and playing the race game, BLAH BLAH BLAH! DOUBLE STANDARD!!!
charlie wrote:
they charged him for a bias crime,is there a person who was there to say he did this.than they just took the word of this man.the guy who said bias crimes are only for blacks and jews is true. in howard beach a punch of black kids went after some white kids with sticks and bats calling them honkeys and white trash but no one was charged with bias crime.
Code Words

Stanfordville, NY

#24 Apr 27, 2008
What an @s-s-h-o-l-e
Oh well I guess This cement Truck driver is a model citizen Right
He is a coward that could chase the man down but had to use a pipe
Wow really brave
this guy is real tough guy
I guess the cell phone really won this fight
How stupid was this truck driver
StandardizedTest

AOL

#25 Apr 27, 2008
Hate Crime = Thought Crime

What is this "1984"????

Who cares what "feelings" the person has?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? (Jun '15) 4 min State of Florida 10,990
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 17 min jimi-yank 328,416
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 22 min -Glinda- 14,199
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 23 min FuMan Chu Yanks 39,339
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min Into The Night 59,455
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 40 min zef 311,139
Frank P,Brown St.Pauls Methodist filth 53 min Plottmaster 2
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 4 hr Suff III 13,315
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages