Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
skywalker

Israel

#1258 Jul 24, 2012
"Nassau 3" You may know but Hewlett let Chris Passuello go on Monday.

No I did not know - far out of the loop for years. Whats the story here? He accomplished allot.
Nassua 3

East Rockaway, NY

#1259 Jul 24, 2012
skywalker wrote:
No I did not know - far out of the loop for years. Whats the story here? He accomplished allot.
Heard he was to abusive to the kids and was warned about it.Guess the parents complained
bigtool

Sagaponack, NY

#1260 Jul 24, 2012
skywalker wrote:
another great man dismissed because of stupid parents--what a shame.
An Old Sailor

AOL

#1261 Jul 24, 2012
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>see there is so much you don't know never doubt me i never make mistakes.a uniondale kid very average player,oceanside guys played at adelphi who squartzman,goldstein,weinstein no not jewish kids they don't go to schools like adelphi.
You know it was Dave Sells and Van Potter who played for Adelphi from Oceanside. I think I'll be heading to Nathan's this afternoon for lunch.
WSSF

Sayville, NY

#1262 Jul 24, 2012
24ktGOLD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! You seem concerned about what is going on at Lawrence. Well you should be if you had any plans on beating them this year...These kids are already focused and committed to not only winning the Nassau championship but the entire LIC as well. When your committed you do things that most other teams aren't willing to do. Things like doing fundraisers throughout the year to send "20 kids" to Orlando in the summer. Like going out and finding superior competition to improve your already polished skill set.
And now they have indeed Mastered the 7 on 7 . We are very proud of our boys , and being from Long Island , form whatever team you root for, you should be proud too. Lawrence is down there dispelling the myth that long island football is inept and inferior. They may not win it all but they are giving it their "ALL" . And that might just be goo enough.
And are you really serious about getting smoked by Bethpage,Plainedge or your beloved Sayville. No disrespect to those teams , but this Lawrence team is far superior than any Lawrence team in the past 10 years. They only lost 6 players from last years team.. So yeah.. I guess I would be concerned too

Games and competition during the season are one thing but when a team travels ANYWHERE to represent Long Island we should all support and come together as one! Good job Lawrence for a great showing.
LIfan

Lindenhurst, NY

#1263 Jul 24, 2012
great to see the Lawrence coaching staff putting the kids out there with some great athletes. Can minimize it all you want but can only make these kids better. Article below:
National Football Summer’s 7-on-7 Back at ESPNHS Games

Print Release

Filed in: ESPN Rise Games, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

Download Full Size

Competition features some of the state’s top skill position players; ESPNHS Games will also showcase nation’s top high school athletes in football, lacrosse, softball, basketball, baseball, track & field and field hockey

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla.– For the third straight year, the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will play host to some of Florida’s top high school football programs, along with two teams from New York, as part of the KSA Events National Football Summer’s 7-on-7 games.

The games spotlight the best high school players from the game’s seven skill positions – quarterback, running back tight end, wide receiver, linebacker, cornerback and safety. This year’s competition features schools from throughout Florida, including Orlando, Tampa Bay and South Florida, as well as schools from New York.

Orlando:
Gateway
Jones
Seminole
West Orange
Winter Park

Tampa:
Freedom
Lecanto
Newsome

South Florida:
Atlantic
Booker T. Washington
Miami Carol City
Miami Westminster

Other Florida Areas:
Avon Park
Cocoa

New York:
Lawrence
Pearl River
bigtool

Sagaponack, NY

#1264 Jul 24, 2012
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it was Dave Sells and Van Potter who played for Adelphi from Oceanside. I think I'll be heading to Nathan's this afternoon for lunch.
nathans,for some reason,don't taste the same.maybe they increased the amount of rat feces.read upton sinclair "the jungle" to catch my meaning.
skywalker

Israel

#1265 Jul 24, 2012
"Nassua 3" Heard he was to abusive to the kids and was warned about it.Guess the parents complained

Thats real sad allaround. Who will take his place? Could it be Dubin from JV?
Nassua 3

East Rockaway, NY

#1266 Jul 24, 2012
skywalker wrote:
"Nassua 3" Heard he was to abusive to the kids and was warned about it.Guess the parents complained
Thats real sad allaround. Who will take his place? Could it be Dubin from JV?
Let you know when i find out
Nassua 3

East Rockaway, NY

#1267 Jul 24, 2012
Lawrence lost in semis by 6pts. Finished in 3rd place.
Nassua 3

East Rockaway, NY

#1268 Jul 24, 2012
Lost to Miami Carrol 42-36
Beat Newsome 42-26 for 3rd place

Miami Carrol won it all
Why

United States

#1269 Jul 24, 2012
Way to go Lawrence!! They went to Orlando and placed 3rd in the tournament....you guys get an "A" for effort and repping Long Island football. Great job you should be proud!!! So should the coaches! Thank you for giving our children this wonderful experience
Lawrence Forever

United States

#1270 Jul 24, 2012
I believe they placed 3rd out of 16 teams.
Da Fan

Hartsdale, NY

#1271 Jul 24, 2012
Nice job by Lawrence. I have no doubt Long Islands athletes are just as good as anyone's around the country. There are two problems with Long Island football and New York football in general. One the coaching is not as good here as it is in other states and two we dont play enough football here once the kids get into junior high. My son will be turning 9 in September and he already got his equipment last week and started practice this week. He is at camp from 9 am to 3 pm all this week and will be practicing 3 days a week until they start scrimmages in mid August. The high schools on Long Island should be starting organized practices by now and play atleast two non league games before September first. Until we do this we will be behind a large majority of the country. Lacrosse and other sports are played all year round on Long Island. There is no reason why it cant be done for football.
Law Dogg

Hackensack, NJ

#1272 Jul 24, 2012
Nassua 3 wrote:
Lost to Miami Carrol 42-36
Beat Newsome 42-26 for 3rd place
Miami Carrol won it all
Wow. This is HUGE. Lawrence traveled to Florida and preformed admirably against the elite teams in Florida. They finished 3rd...fantastic. They only lost two games by a combined total of 7 points. Joey Cap must have racked up a lot of passing yards . Proud of you guys. Long Island football Stand Up!!!!
An Old Sailor

AOL

#1273 Jul 24, 2012
Da Fan wrote:
Nice job by Lawrence. I have no doubt Long Islands athletes are just as good as anyone's around the country. There are two problems with Long Island football and New York football in general. One the coaching is not as good here as it is in other states and two we dont play enough football here once the kids get into junior high. My son will be turning 9 in September and he already got his equipment last week and started practice this week. He is at camp from 9 am to 3 pm all this week and will be practicing 3 days a week until they start scrimmages in mid August. The high schools on Long Island should be starting organized practices by now and play atleast two non league games before September first. Until we do this we will be behind a large majority of the country. Lacrosse and other sports are played all year round on Long Island. There is no reason why it cant be done for football.
You might be in the minority of people who would be willing to have their taxes increased to pay for almost 2 months extra of coaching, busses, custodial staff, security and all the other incidentals. Face it, New York isn't Texas or Florida when it comes to high school football.
suff III

Sayville, NY

#1275 Jul 24, 2012
Lacrosse and other sports are played all year round on Long Island. There is no reason why it cant be done for football.

Wrong NYS says no offical practice until a certain date and NO PADS until a certain date..end of story!!
suff III

Sayville, NY

#1276 Jul 24, 2012
Hats off to Lawrence for this huge successful undertaking. Quite an impressive accomplishment..
LIfan

Lindenhurst, NY

#1277 Jul 24, 2012
suff III wrote:
Lacrosse and other sports are played all year round on Long Island. There is no reason why it cant be done for football.
Wrong NYS says no offical practice until a certain date and NO PADS until a certain date..end of story!!
thought practices were ok but not in pads. Of course, any program worth anything is having a "camp" by now that includes pads but not an official practice. Last I looked into this, high school teams and coaches weren't allowed to play together in interscholastic competitions out of season either...the rules were massaged as winter leagues sprang up. When there's a will there's a way. I take Sunrise Hwy every day around 4:30 and a very succesful football program is out there (no pads) starting in mid-June.
LIfan

Lindenhurst, NY

#1278 Jul 24, 2012
suff III wrote:
Hats off to Lawrence for this huge successful undertaking. Quite an impressive accomplishment..
curious how the younger Fredericks did. Friend of mine coached against him in middle school and said he could have started on varsity in 7th grade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min OzRitz 60,993
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) 1 hr Crabs 81
Time to go? (Jun '15) 1 hr Into The Night 12,501
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr Your Uncle Tom 11,875
So why did DiCaprio bail out last minute on Hil... 1 hr Hillarys devil 1
Would you have an age gap romance? 2 hr datingyoungerwomen 1
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr curious yankee fan 331,857

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages