Football

Medford, NY

#10354 Jan 5, 2014
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
A big chunk of P-M's offense has graduated. Yes they had some good players besides Lee & Coughlin. I felt their demise was when Kevin Morrssey broke his leg returning a KO against Brentwood. Cassella did an excellent job this season, all the work he and Coughlin put in at the Bellport training center really showed. I was also surprised that Rich Ciufo didn't start at QB last season. If he started P-M would've had a multitude of offensive packages. With Cassella and Lee in the backfield. P-M could have run a true Spread, or the Flex Bone Spread like Connetquot ran, or even a Wildcat package with Lee as the QB. They indeed would've had options with Cuifo as QB.
I watched Rich Cuifo last season on JV, he had a big arm, was able to roll left or right plus he was an outstanding runner. It should be interesting in Division I next season.
. This is cuifos highlight video from his jv season
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
bigtool

Medford, NY

#10355 Jan 5, 2014
Football wrote:
<quoted text>. This is cuifos highlight video from his jv season
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Ok dad calm down it was jv what did he do this year. Oh he didn't start.....
Football

Medford, NY

#10356 Jan 6, 2014
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok dad calm down it was jv what did he do this year. Oh he didn't start.....
relax guy. I'm not his dad. I'm just giving his highlight video. That's it
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#10357 Jan 6, 2014
ohrnberger 6 2 300 how did c.w. post miss him.i know why because they like their linemen 5 9 or less
bigtool

New York, NY

#10358 Jan 6, 2014
Football wrote:
<quoted text> relax guy. I'm not his dad. I'm just giving his highlight video. That's it
What are you his boyfriend a little creepy guy...
SCFB

Medford, NY

#10359 Jan 6, 2014
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you his boyfriend a little creepy guy...
For once I Agree.
patmed

Medford, NY

#10360 Jan 6, 2014
Football wrote:
<quoted text> relax guy. I'm not his dad. I'm just giving his highlight video. That's it
must be mom

“"Never Give Up"”

Since: Jan 07

Juno Beach, FL(Winter)

#10361 Jan 7, 2014
miscus555 wrote:
<quoted text>
I also agree that Bosch should have won the Hansen in 1992. I was also a senior that season (in Wantagh) and my ex coach/gym teacher coached Longwood and would always talk about this little guy from Connetquot. I didn't think much of it but I remember seeing the Long Island champ game on good 'ol LISN. There was alot of talk about the running back he was playing against, Mike Townsend who in his own season that year, showed some magic and probably also got snubbed from the Thorpe award.
I didn't see Bosch's best stuff that day but I saw that the Islip QB won the Hansen and his stats didn't look that convincing compared to Bosch's.
That next couple years, Bosch and I both played at Nassau CC (Townsend played there also)and I got to see him up close and personal. I was sold even more that he was much more deserving of the award. As a defensive back, I even got victimized by him at times in practice. He still has done things in the game that I haven't seen done before. Compared to the talent, speed, and size of the NCC players, Bosch is tiny. When he got to NCC, he rolled with the wideouts in camp. It made sense, he didn't look the college running back type. It was only a matter of time that his toughness showed and they ran him as running back. He never looked back. They gave him #44 which wasn't his number. He used to write # 27 on his arm on game day and the coach spotted it during a pregame. He then searched out the player who owned # 27 and made him trade it.
My younger brother and I are big Bosch fans. I obviously played with him and admired his talents but my brother looked up to him. He would watch Bosch's NCC highlight reel as much as watching Barry Sanders. My brother was a different type of running back but he didn't wear gloves or wristbands or tape, or anything extra. Bosch was like that when he played. Totally old school, white cleats and all. He used to call it "going Bosch".
If anyone has a clip reel of this guy's Connequot career, it's be interested in obtaining a copy. I never saw anything of him at Connequot besides the LIC but I heard stories from people who played against him.
Did you happen to watch him at Rutgers?

“"Never Give Up"”

Juno Beach, FL(Winter)

#10362 Jan 7, 2014
Suff III wrote:
I didn't see Bosch's best stuff that day but I saw that the Islip QB won the Hansen and his stats didn't look that convincing compared to Bosch's.
That next couple years, Bosch and I both played at Nassau CC (Townsend played there also)and I got to see him up close and personal. I was sold even more that he was much more deserving of the award. As a defensive back, I even got victimized by him at times in practice. He still has done things in the game that I haven't seen done before. Compared to the talent, speed, and size of the NCC players, Bosch is tiny. When he got to NCC, he rolled with the wideouts in camp. It made sense, he didn't look the college running back type. It was only a matter of time that his toughness showed and they ran him as running back. He never looked back. They gave him #44 which wasn't his number. He used to write # 27 on his arm on game day and the coach spotted it during a pregame. He then searched out the player who owned # 27 and made him trade it.
My younger brother and I are big Bosch fans. I obviously played with him and admired his talents but my brother looked up to him. He would watch Bosch's NCC highlight reel as much as watching Barry Sanders. My brother was a different type of running back but he didn't wear gloves or wristbands or tape, or anything extra. Bosch was like that when he played. Totally old school, white cleats and all. He used to call it "going Bosch".
If anyone has a clip reel of this guy's Connequot career, it's be interested in obtaining a copy. I never saw anything of him at Connequot besides the LIC but I heard stories from people who played against him.
Jamie Lynch the current coach at Islip won the Hansen award. He was not the best player on Islip that Year. RB, defensive monster,Brian Barlitz was. I saw Bosch play a few times, he was amazing. He had the best spin out of tackles I have ever seen. Every play to the outside would be at least 7 yds. because he would spin out of the tackle and make more yardage. In the LIC against the mighty Farmingdale he was playing injured and showed how unstoppable he was, limping around the field all day, making it look easy.
I think the reason Bosch didn't win the Hansen was his age. Too many people knew he was too old to qualify for HS football. and Lynch's brother was making a splash playing for Hofstra and politics was the deciding factor.
The reason Chad Bosch didn't win the Hansen, two words Nick Masi. Bosch was the best two way player on the Island in 1992.

“"Never Give Up"”

Juno Beach, FL(Winter)

#10363 Jan 7, 2014
I would like to congratulate some Babylon football players for making All New York State for 2013.

Co-player of the year in Class C - Jake Carlock

First Team Offense:

OE Jake Carlock
QB Nick Santorelli
OL Joe Cosby

First Team Defense:

LB Eric Schweitzer

Second Team Offense:

OE Ray Wardell
OL Matt Pinto

Third Team Offense:

OL Shea Amdur

Third Team Defense:

LB Luke Zapppia

“"Never Give Up"”

Juno Beach, FL(Winter)

#10364 Jan 7, 2014
2013 Long Island Class B All New York State Team:

First Team:

RB Johnnie Atkins - Roosevelt
OL Sam Edovard - Roosevelt
OL James O'Hagan - Seaford

First Team Defense:

DL Raymond Jones - Roosevelt

Second Team Offense:

DL Robert Hansen - Roosevelt
DB Robert Hill - Malverne

Third Team Defense:

RB Enrique MacFarlane - West Hempstead

Since: Jan 14

New York, NY

#10365 Jan 8, 2014
callaway57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you happen to watch him at Rutgers?
only on TV sometimes. that Rutgers team sucked
Suff III

West Islip, NY

#10366 Jan 14, 2014
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#10367 Jan 15, 2014
where is that wideout from pat-med going--I hope its a solid d3 school.look what happened to kinda he is transferring to stony brook and he won't play there either.long island football=d3
L I Football Fan

Massapequa Park, NY

#10368 Jan 15, 2014
No Jenkins?????

Since: Dec 10

Sayville, NY

#10369 Jan 15, 2014
When are the seeding meetings in Nassau and Suffolk, and what are the speculations and insights of all of you posters on this site?
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#10370 Jan 15, 2014
where is bedell?
Suff III

West Islip, NY

#10371 Jan 15, 2014
When are the seeding meetings in Nassau and Suffolk, and what are the speculations and insights of all of you posters on this site?

suffolk past seeding usually ends up between mid Feb. and early March
SCFB

Medford, NY

#10372 Jan 15, 2014
Nothing until enrollment #'s are approved. I think that's in about 2 weeks. Usually Suffolk seeding is 1st week in March.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#10373 Jan 16, 2014
bedell and kinda both at stony brook.they both should be at Cortland state.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jets talk back (Dec '07) 2 min jimi-yank 10,486
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 5 min jimi-yank 313,811
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 12 min -Sprocket- 10,350
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min GOP 51,589
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 29 min GOP 5,937
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 32 min Ed Norton 18,084
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 32 min GOP 1,355

New York News Video

New York Dating
Find my Match