Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>that's why you are the old sailor.
your mother is calling you bish
SCFB

Medford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

callaway57 wrote:
It is a little strange that Deshawn Morton wasn't placed on Newsday's First Team All Long Island. I don't believe I've ever seen a Collatta Award winner not named to the All Long Island first team.
Alex Gavaria (Islip)- 2009
Andrew Lipski (Miller Place)- 2004

Both won Collatta but didn't make 1st Team All-LI.
NY Football Fan

Commack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

callaway57 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I have a problem with is that they were the #10 seed. Now had your coach stood up and said no we were a #5 playoff seed last year(2012) losing to Floyd, the eventual LIC Champs, I think we should be the #5 seed. Now this would change the teams they played during the regular season, not teams that combined for a 26-54 won/loss record. Now if Commack took the #5 seed and went undefeated then I don't believe that anyone would've had a problem with their success, but sandbagging it at #10 B--l S--t. It's going to be very interesting to see what they think they're pre-seeding in 2014 will be after going undefeated during the regular season, what maybe #12?
Now if you go back and watch the game you notice that Floyd really didn't try to throw the ball in the first half, played a little rope-a-dope in the first half. Now in the second half they totally had Commack on their heels when they started throwing the ball. Coach Longo did a great job with the play selection in the third quarter. That's what separates playoff teams from wannabee's. Personally I would have liked to see a re-match with Sachem North. In that game SN would've shut Commack out for four quarters, plus run up the score. Pay back is a bitch.
His size? what about Dashawn Morton who was a big contributor to Floyd's success playing both ways as a LB and FB. He's 6'1" 254 lbs.
Coaches vote for other teams seed. They do not get to vote for their own seed. You should have a problem with the 11 coaches that voted Commack as the pre-season #10. This is where they have historically been seeded for last 12 years. A season like they just had comes around every 10 years or so. Commack by no means has a football culture equivialent to the traditional powerhouse teams in Suffolk 1. So you can relax and be assured that Commack will most likely be a non factor next year.
Da Fan

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

SCFB wrote:
<quoted text>
I know nothing about those kids. I do know when your own fans think the X-factor is not even the best player on his team (I think the one Commack fan here who seems very knowledgeable about Commack football thinks there were 5 or 6 kids better than him on his own team) he should not be first team all long island. Especially when the Collotta winner is not. It is absurd. It is very clear politics played a huge role in picking this years team.
NY Football Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I know nothing about those kids. I do know when your own fans think the X-factor is not even the best player on his team (I think the one Commack fan here who seems very knowledgeable about Commack football thinks there were 5 or 6 kids better than him on his own team) he should not be first team all long island. Especially when the Collotta winner is not. It is absurd. It is very clear politics played a huge role in picking this years team.
It was Newsdays way of justifying putting him on the Preview cover with the Xfactor nonsense.
Pat -Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

NY Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Coaches vote for other teams seed. They do not get to vote for their own seed. You should have a problem with the 11 coaches that voted Commack as the pre-season #10. This is where they have historically been seeded for last 12 years. A season like they just had comes around every 10 years or so. Commack by no means has a football culture equivialent to the traditional powerhouse teams in Suffolk 1. So you can relax and be assured that Commack will most likely be a non factor next year.
Incorrect, 11 coaches didn't agree to the #10 seeding. Your coach pushed for it. Let's see what pre-seed he pushes for in 2014? My guess #12.
NY Football Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Pat -Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect, 11 coaches didn't agree to the #10 seeding. Your coach pushed for it. Let's see what pre-seed he pushes for in 2014? My guess #12.
I guess you were in the room when they voted.

“"Never Give Up"”

Since: Jan 07

Juno Beach, FL(Winter)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

SCFB wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex Gavaria won it in 2010, Malcolm Cater won it in 2009 from Riverhead. I remember that Gavaria played in the upstate vs downstate game in 2011, and I do remember Lipski playing in the Empire Challenge in 2005. I thought he was really good. He had a pretty good College career playing at Iona/Pace. At one point he was a defensive line coach for Pace. Both should've been First Team All Long Island.

“"Never Give Up"”

Since: Jan 07

Juno Beach, FL(Winter)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

NY Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you were in the room when they voted.
Yes, I was there. And three of the top 5 Head Coaches questioned Commack's #10 pre-seeding.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

please you were not there. Commack had the X-FACTOR of course they would have a high seed.plus a big black guy doing all the white girls hell he was seeding.the FACTOR will do better in college because there is more white girls to do.
WI Fan

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Is the upsate/downsate all star game still around????
Realist

Jamaica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

callaway57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I was there. And three of the top 5 Head Coaches questioned Commack's #10 pre-seeding.
So Pat-Med gets asked if he was in the pre-seeding meeting and Callaway answers. What did you forget what name you were signed in as? Same guy people. And secondly, you claim to live in upstate NY but managed to drive out to Suffolk County on a random weekday in February/March for a COACHES only seeding meeting? Please. You are a fraud dude.
medford

Medford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
So Pat-Med gets asked if he was in the pre-seeding meeting and Callaway answers. What did you forget what name you were signed in as? Same guy people. And secondly, you claim to live in upstate NY but managed to drive out to Suffolk County on a random weekday in February/March for a COACHES only seeding meeting? Please. You are a fraud dude.
I think you are correct same guy using different names to disrespect hard working young athletes with good Morales and dedicated coaches. Maybe you are a failure in life or your children turnout to be pot heads. Stop the negativity on this site you know way to much about Patchogue Medford ( I wonder why).
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

WI Fan wrote:
Is the upsate/downsate all star game still around????
The game was suspended in 2013, due to lack of Downstate player committments. Downstate only had 23 players committ to the game. From what I read from Joe Vito, the Downstate schools wanted graduating seniors playing in the game not players who just finished their junior year. Downstate comprises of Sections I, VIII, VIIII, XI, PSAL, and the CHSFL. There was talk about replacing the Downstate vs the Upstate game with a NYS All Star Team vs a CT All Star team or and NYS East vs NYS West.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

X-Factor HAS NOW=DONE 46 WHITE GIRLS A SUFFOLK RECORD congrats josh
Please

River Edge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

1. All star games are just plain dumb. Too many of them. Outdated. The Army All-American Game is just another example of the prostitution of kids for corporate gain. Nothing worse than watching teenagers "commit" to a college on TV. No wonder their sense of self is so inflated. it is AAU football.

2. Long Island does need an opportunity to play one game out of at least their county each year. Just 1. How about opening the season with a Nassau-Suffolk Challenge? You can play in this game and get an extra game. Maybe even an intra-county game so that Babylon (as an example can play West Islip. Something - anything. How about a Long Island - NJ challenge. Please - something to stop the incest of Section XI or Section XIII football!!
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

we are proud of you josh since none of us ever get laid---the Lawrence janitors.
Suff III

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

I saw this kid play 2 times live. The Sachem North Game he was the difference!!!! They could not get their high powered running game to work because of his play on defense. From what I saw he was a VERY deserving winner of the award. His size and speed will land him a nice full ride. I would not have voted for him because he is not a true LI HS athlete, more of an opportunist.....
NY Football Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Suff III wrote:
I saw this kid play 2 times live. The Sachem North Game he was the difference!!!! They could not get their high powered running game to work because of his play on defense. From what I saw he was a VERY deserving winner of the award. His size and speed will land him a nice full ride. I would not have voted for him because he is not a true LI HS athlete, more of an opportunist.....
I disagree. In that game Commack's D-Line and Cornerbacks were the difference. Commack's Corners made many tackles in the backfield for losses. Yes he made a few nice tackles in game, but he was not the difference. In fact he sat out entire 3rd and part of 4th qtr with cramping.
Please

River Edge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Please wrote:
1. All star games are just plain dumb. Too many of them. Outdated. The Army All-American Game is just another example of the prostitution of kids for corporate gain. Nothing worse than watching teenagers "commit" to a college on TV. No wonder their sense of self is so inflated. it is AAU football.
2. Long Island does need an opportunity to play one game out of at least their county each year. Just 1. How about opening the season with a Nassau-Suffolk Challenge? You can play in this game and get an extra game. Maybe even an intra-county game so that Babylon (as an example can play West Islip. Something - anything. How about a Long Island - NJ challenge. Please - something to stop the incest of Section XI or Section XIII football!!
My mistake - in my rant - Section VIII football.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the New York Forum right now

Search the New York Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 23 min jimi-yank 35,086
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 28 min Big Bone Boy 14,681
What's wrong with Tman, good ole Momma Chamberlin 44 min jimi-yank 108
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr NYStateOfMind 307,060
jets talk back (Dec '07) 3 hr JETS 4 LIFE 8,963
Who cheating 3 hr Kelly 2
People cheating in parks 3 hr Skaink 2
•••
•••