Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#8320 Oct 21, 2013
suffolkIII wrote:
Can Miller Place go undefeated? Where would you put them in an overall Suffolk top 5.
The program has been proven to under achieve in the big games. Lots of talk last year about them winning it all and how they would destroy Sayville. They got their tails whipped big time. then look at the last two years playoffs. 2 years ago they got beaten by Harborfields in a big upset, then last year after a 30 something win another HUGE upset by WHB in the playoffs. I seriously doubt they will go undefeated unless they learn how to step up and win the BIG ONE
What separates this year from the previous years is that Miller Place doesn't have to look over their shoulder for Sayville, Islip, or Huntington. I don't believe they will lose to Westhampton Beach considering they are 3-3 and have given up almost as many points as they have scored 161-128, and the combined opponents won/loss record is 10-26. But with that being said the game is played on the field.
Da Fan

New York, NY

#8321 Oct 21, 2013
The biggest thing for Floyd has been that Brust has become a very solid qb over the past 3 weeks. Floyd was very one dimensional at the beginning of the season. Floyd is a run team first but if they can be effective in the air to keep defenses honest they will be tough to stop on offense. Floyd also has to cut down the penalties and stupid mistakes. Even in the 42-12 win over North, Floyd had a lot of penalties and a turnover inside the red zone. That has to stop. Their getting better though every week which could be bad news for the rest of the division. Pat-med does scare me. We shall see.
NY Football Fan

United States

#8322 Oct 21, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
You did have three teams that passed against Floyd (Lindenhurst, Pat-Med and Connetquot). Lindenhurst scored all three of their td's via the pass, Connetquot uses a Flex-Bone/Spread offense that is mainly geared to the running game, they will run two thirds of the time from that formation, yet can rely on Hahn to pass the ball. Pat-Med on the other hand runs a true passing spread offense, and yes Anthony Lee did pass for close to 300 yards. The team that could be a surprise is Northport with Connor Quinn at the helm. He's an excellent two way QB. He torched Pat-Med for 275 yards passing and the running game produced 200 yards. Of course it didn't help that Pat-Med gave up 21 points in the fourth quarter or had a second and goal from the 2 yard and was stopped by Northport. When it comes to crunch time Floyd some how manages to adapt, that's why you don't see any teams defeating Floyd twice in one season.
Floyd is the top Footbal program on LI. Until someone knocks them off in playoffs, they should and deserve to be favorite.

Yes. Lindy does have a nice passing attack. Commack had some trouble adjusting to it this past Sat. Lindy run game was non existent. Commack led this game all the way and had a 28-14 lead late in 4th qtr. Commack QB threw for 180+ yds and 2 TD's. Commack RB ran for 246 yds and 2TDs as well. Commack had a 50 yard rushing TD called back in 3rd qtr due to a rediculous blocking in back penalty. Lindy scored a late TD on a 30yd pass to corner of end zone. Lindy is a scrappy team.

If Commack has the fortune of facing Floyd in the playoffs, I give them a shot as well. You cant run the ball on their D and they have a balanced offensive attack. Their passing game I'll put up against anyone's. Their running game is strong and their O line is big and physical and very experiened - all 3 year varsity players.

But wait... they are the pre-season #10 seed so they shouldn't be part of the conversation. They haven't played anyone.
Da Fan

New York, NY

#8323 Oct 21, 2013
Also anyone know how Lebate is? He left the game and never returned with a shoulder injury. The kid has been great this year and has turned into one hell of a safety. The defense has gotten better since he started play D a few weeks ago. He is also a nice change of pace back for Floyd. Gets a lot if tough yards for them.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#8324 Oct 21, 2013
NY Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Floyd is the top Footbal program on LI. Until someone knocks them off in playoffs, they should and deserve to be favorite.
Yes. Lindy does have a nice passing attack. Commack had some trouble adjusting to it this past Sat. Lindy run game was non existent. Commack led this game all the way and had a 28-14 lead late in 4th qtr. Commack QB threw for 180+ yds and 2 TD's. Commack RB ran for 246 yds and 2TDs as well. Commack had a 50 yard rushing TD called back in 3rd qtr due to a rediculous blocking in back penalty. Lindy scored a late TD on a 30yd pass to corner of end zone. Lindy is a scrappy team.
If Commack has the fortune of facing Floyd in the playoffs, I give them a shot as well. You cant run the ball on their D and they have a balanced offensive attack. Their passing game I'll put up against anyone's. Their running game is strong and their O line is big and physical and very experiened - all 3 year varsity players.
But wait... they are the pre-season #10 seed so they shouldn't be part of the conversation. They haven't played anyone.
Now your to starting to get it.#10 Commack's combined opponents won/loss record after six games 11-25.
observer

Hauppauge, NY

#8325 Oct 21, 2013
HS Football wrote:
<quoted text>
not bad
especially is he's getting info from his mentor, the guy who set up shippos' offense to begin with
Da Fan

New York, NY

#8326 Oct 21, 2013
NY Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Floyd is the top Footbal program on LI. Until someone knocks them off in playoffs, they should and deserve teo be favorite.
Commack is undefeated and did beat Sachem north. They are one of five teams in the division that could win the Suffolk county championship.
NY Football Fan

United States

#8327 Oct 21, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now your to starting to get it.#10 Commack's combined opponents won/loss record after six games 11-25.
#10 was their pre-season seed. We are 6 games in and guess what... They are #1 in Division 1. The power rating system rewards you for beating teams with better records and penalizes you for losing to teams with losing records. As of today Commack is the only undefeated team in DIV 1 and also #1 in power points. They control their own destiny to be the DIV I #1 seed in the playoffs.

But wait... They don't play anyone. So throw their 6-0 1st place record out the window because it means nothing.

Commack will have to prove themselves in the playoffs and that is fair since Commack has been one of the perenial doormats in DIV 1 for over a decade.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#8328 Oct 21, 2013
NY Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
#10 was their pre-season seed. We are 6 games in and guess what... They are #1 in Division 1. The power rating system rewards you for beating teams with better records and penalizes you for losing to teams with losing records. As of today Commack is the only undefeated team in DIV 1 and also #1 in power points. They control their own destiny to be the DIV I #1 seed in the playoffs.
But wait... They don't play anyone. So throw their 6-0 1st place record out the window because it means nothing.
Commack will have to prove themselves in the playoffs and that is fair since Commack has been one of the perenial doormats in DIV 1 for over a decade.
If Naaaau/Suffolk ever actually used an accurate rating system Commack be in the #3 or #4 spot, but because they only use a "glorified" won/loss fractual system (power points)#10 Commack looks good with their 128.000 power points.

Now lets look at Division III, you have pre-seed #11 Eastport/South Manor sitting at the number two spot with a 5-1 record yet have 134.99 power points? HMMMM how did that happen? Oh I know how, Eastport/SM opponents combined won/loss record is 22-14. That's because they have played against two teams that are at .500 (Amityville 3-3, and Bellport 3-3, plus three teams that have winning records (Islip 5-1, Hauppauge 5-1, Deer Park 4-2), and yet only one team is below .500, Sayville 2-4.

BTW Miller Place is also undefeated in Division III with a 6-0 record yet has 136.67 power points, Babylon is 6-0 in Division IV with 145.00 power points and Smithtown West is 5-1 in Division II with 135.00 power points.

Also you never answered my question on who has beaten Floyd two time in one season? The answer is Pat-Med in 2002.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#8329 Oct 21, 2013
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Commack is undefeated and did beat Sachem north. They are one of five teams in the division that could win the Suffolk county championship.
And who is Sachem North? When was the last time they won a Suffolk County Championship? 1995. They are the "bridesmaid" of Division I. Commack has won as many SCC as any of the Sachem's.
NY Football Fan

United States

#8330 Oct 21, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Naaaau/Suffolk ever actually used an accurate rating system Commack be in the #3 or #4 spot, but because they only use a "glorified" won/loss fractual system (power points)#10 Commack looks good with their 128.000 power points.
Now lets look at Division III, you have pre-seed #11 Eastport/South Manor sitting at the number two spot with a 5-1 record yet have 134.99 power points? HMMMM how did that happen? Oh I know how, Eastport/SM opponents combined won/loss record is 22-14. That's because they have played against two teams that are at .500 (Amityville 3-3, and Bellport 3-3, plus three teams that have winning records (Islip 5-1, Hauppauge 5-1, Deer Park 4-2), and yet only one team is below .500, Sayville 2-4.
BTW Miller Place is also undefeated in Division III with a 6-0 record yet has 136.67 power points, Babylon is 6-0 in Division IV with 145.00 power points and Smithtown West is 5-1 in Division II with 135.00 power points.
Also you never answered my question on who has beaten Floyd two time in one season? The answer is Pat-Med in 2002.
Yes. I know that Pat Med had that great team in 2002. I didn't realize they beat Floyd 2x that year.

Listen Commack is a bit giddy right now with the success team is having this year. Doesn't happen too often in this town where BaseBall and Soccer are king. I know the schedule has been favorable. But 6-0 is 6-0. Good teams take care of business and that's what they did. No one gave Commack a chance to go to Longwood and win. Not only did they win, they dominated them. No one gave Commack a prayer to got to Sachem N and win. Commack won that one as well.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#8331 Oct 21, 2013
NY Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I know that Pat Med had that great team in 2002. I didn't realize they beat Floyd 2x that year.
Listen Commack is a bit giddy right now with the success team is having this year. Doesn't happen too often in this town where BaseBall and Soccer are king. I know the schedule has been favorable. But 6-0 is 6-0. Good teams take care of business and that's what they did. No one gave Commack a chance to go to Longwood and win. Not only did they win, they dominated them. No one gave Commack a prayer to got to Sachem N and win. Commack won that one as well.
Pat-Med beat Floyd twice once on 11/09/2002 23-7, and then again in the wind driven pouring rain the following weekend 7-3.

The difference between the 2000 Commack team and the 2013 team, is that they went out in the second game of the season and beat the 1999 LIC Class I and Suffolk County Division Champs 29-14 (#2 Brentwood), behind the passing of Prahalis's 4 td passes of which 3 of them went to Tornee. That opened everyone's eyes in Division I. They then preceeded to beat highly ranked #4 Pat-Med,#5 Central Islip, & #1 Sachem in the fifth game of the regular. A long the way the took out Connetquot. The only game they lost during the regular season was to #3 Lindenhurst 14-11, which gave them a 7-1 record. The next weekend in the playoffs they destroyed Lindenhurst 42-20, again behind the strong passing game of Mike Prahalis (10-19 210 yards 4 scores)and receivers Bryan Tornee 2 scores and Keith Connors with 2 scores). Commack used a different offense in the second game going with 4 receivers which shook up Lindenhurst's double coverage which they used in the first game.

The 2013 Commack will get respect if they win the Division I Suffolk County Championship. So lets let the teams play it out and let the cards fall.
NY Football Fan

United States

#8332 Oct 21, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pat-Med beat Floyd twice once on 11/09/2002 23-7, and then again in the wind driven pouring rain the following weekend 7-3.
The difference between the 2000 Commack team and the 2013 team, is that they went out in the second game of the season and beat the 1999 LIC Class I and Suffolk County Division Champs 29-14 (#2 Brentwood), behind the passing of Prahalis's 4 td passes of which 3 of them went to Tornee. That opened everyone's eyes in Division I. They then preceeded to beat highly ranked #4 Pat-Med,#5 Central Islip, & #1 Sachem in the fifth game of the regular. A long the way the took out Connetquot. The only game they lost during the regular season was to #3 Lindenhurst 14-11, which gave them a 7-1 record. The next weekend in the playoffs they destroyed Lindenhurst 42-20, again behind the strong passing game of Mike Prahalis (10-19 210 yards 4 scores)and receivers Bryan Tornee 2 scores and Keith Connors with 2 scores). Commack used a different offense in the second game going with 4 receivers which shook up Lindenhurst's double coverage which they used in the first game.
The 2013 Commack will get respect if they win the Division I Suffolk County Championship. So lets let the teams play it out and let the cards fall.
Yes. Agreed.

Since: Jan 07

Amityville, NY

#8333 Oct 21, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the reasons Lindy beat Commack that day was Bulldog defensive end Joe Pritchard chased Prahalis all over the field never letting him get comfortable. Joe didnt play in the playoff game because he broke his arm in that game and required surgery.

Since: Jan 07

Amityville, NY

#8334 Oct 21, 2013
NY Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Lindy also intercepted Commack 3 times in the first half and dropped one in the second.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#8336 Oct 21, 2013
the X- FACTOR has claimed an amazing 20 white girls since the newsday story and their fast start.imagine how many he'll have after they win.THE X-FACTOR.
NY Football Fan

United States

#8337 Oct 21, 2013
Bigdawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Lindy also intercepted Commack 3 times in the first half and dropped one in the second.
Yes they did. Commack QB was forcing some throws in 1st half. He did however make several quality throws througout the day, including 2 TD passes - one for 33yds and the other for 27yds.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#8338 Oct 21, 2013
bigtool wrote:
the X- FACTOR has claimed an amazing 20 white girls since the newsday story and their fast start.imagine how many he'll have after they win.THE X-FACTOR.
the X-FACTOR says they come to him so whats a 18,19,20 or 21 year old to do.i just hope he stays focused on the task at hand the white girls will come and go but to win a title is once in a lifetime.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#8339 Oct 21, 2013
Bigdawg wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the reasons Lindy beat Commack that day was Bulldog defensive end Joe Pritchard chased Prahalis all over the field never letting him get comfortable. Joe didnt play in the playoff game because he broke his arm in that game and required surgery.

I remember Joe Pritchard, he was an excellent player for Lindy. Wasn't he on the NYPD and passed away recently? I still think the play that killed Commack in that game was by Lindy LB Matt Mendel who destroyed Commack's TB Jeff Dena on Commack's 3 yard line, who then fumbled the ball into Commack's end zone and DE David Hartzler recovered it for a td, with less that ten minutes in the fourth quarter to make the score 14-3.

That Lindy win knocked Walt Whitman (6-2) out of the playoffs
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#8340 Oct 21, 2013
NY Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Agreed.
Well at least we agree on that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 min Momma T-Man 36,409
Time to go? 9 min Two Dogs 2,520
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 34 min FuMan Chu Yanks 319,383
Poll momma chamberlin biggest bust proxy handles 2 hr jimi-yank 3
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr _Zoey_ 12,164
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 hr _Zoey_ 10,537
Ban lion hunting in New York City 2 hr jimi-yank 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages