Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
Bella

Springfield, NJ

#8095 Oct 13, 2013
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>thanks is east meadow all white or have people of color moved in.if not whats the problem.if its black the rev. al will be on the case.tyanna brawley was raped so says rev al and the media says you is right.why isn't he in jail.
will you play with his balls?
SKYWALKER

Tel Aviv, Israel

#8096 Oct 14, 2013
"Conf I Fan"
If it is so hard to believe and people are saying they have never heard of it happening is it possible, maybe possible that it is not true??? I have to believe we are not foolish enough to believe everything we read or hear. If you do not know the true story you should be very careful about making accusations about people. Think about it!!!!

Yes your right their are many lies in the world, however, when the superintendent of the the East Meadow high school says Anderle can come back to the team if he plays what do you think about that?

He cant be on the team if he does not play? Again I never heard of someone kicked off a team for an injury. IF he was misbehaving then he and his parents should have been warned that he should stop this behavior. Since they want him back on the team if he plays it cant be all that serious.

This whole story is not about this individual its about putting winning and sports above ones personal health.

His parents dont want him to play are they not allowed to decide this?
Rebel

United States

#8097 Oct 14, 2013
SKYWALKER wrote:
"Pat-Med 88"
What happened at East Meadow has never happened at Pat-Med. Yes Kevin Morrissey is still with the team, and attends the games.
he head of the New York State High School Football Coaches Association said he’s “never heard of a player being released from a team for an injury.” I have never heard of it either anywhere in USA and This is the Thorpe award winner
In 9th grade I also broke my writs and was out for season since this takes about 2 months to heal.
what's going on with Hewlett? I saw them play Lawrence on sat. They were beating Lawrence 20 to 6 four minutes before the half. Then they would receive the ball coming out which would put them up 27 to 6 if they stopped them before the half and scored coming out after the half. Instead I leave to run an errand come back to find Lawrence winning. Just where is the break down? Beating Lawrence would have put them right back in the mix. Also what's your take on the Bethpage win against plainedge?
bigtool

East Hampton, NY

#8098 Oct 14, 2013
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text> what's going on with Hewlett? I saw them play Lawrence on sat. They were beating Lawrence 20 to 6 four minutes before the half. Then they would receive the ball coming out which would put them up 27 to 6 if they stopped them before the half and scored coming out after the half. Instead I leave to run an errand come back to find Lawrence winning. Just where is the break down? Beating Lawrence would have put them right back in the mix. Also what's your take on the Bethpage win against plainedge?
the janitors worked their magic.
HSFB FAN

East Meadow, NY

#8099 Oct 14, 2013
SKYWALKER wrote:
"Conf I Fan"
If it is so hard to believe and people are saying they have never heard of it happening is it possible, maybe possible that it is not true??? I have to believe we are not foolish enough to believe everything we read or hear. If you do not know the true story you should be very careful about making accusations about people. Think about it!!!!
Yes your right their are many lies in the world, however, when the superintendent of the the East Meadow high school says Anderle can come back to the team if he plays what do you think about that?
He cant be on the team if he does not play? Again I never heard of someone kicked off a team for an injury. IF he was misbehaving then he and his parents should have been warned that he should stop this behavior. Since they want him back on the team if he plays it cant be all that serious.
This whole story is not about this individual its about putting winning and sports above ones personal health.
His parents dont want him to play are they not allowed to decide this?
You quoted the superintendent about coming back to play. Very convenient how you chose not to quote the superintendent about he was not kicked off the team. You believe one part and not the other??? Either use the entire quote by the superintendent or dont use any of it. The complete quote makes it very clear. Your debate is weak and sounds personal.
SKYWALKER

Tel Aviv, Israel

#8101 Oct 14, 2013
"HSFB FAN"
You quoted the superintendent about coming back to play. Very convenient how you chose not to quote the superintendent about he was not kicked off the team. You believe one part and not the other??? Either use the entire quote by the superintendent or dont use any of it. The complete quote makes it very clear. Your debate is weak and sounds personal.

of course as a Long Island HS Football fan this is personal. I hate to see kids being disfavored by coaches and dont tell this is not an issue because it happens all the time. I have even seen coaches play kids with less ability just because they like them. Now a Thorpe award winner is no longer welcome if he does not play.

since you are very knowledgeable on the superintendent quote. Can you please provide us with where the complete quote is printed or recorded, because its not in Newsday. Also please tell us if he was not kicked off the team what is the problem with him not playing?

http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-school/foo...
outsider

United States

#8102 Oct 14, 2013
enough already with this guessing.coach expected him to play with cast weekl3.when told no , got upset that he was losing his best player and used poor judgment and told him to clean out his locker and you are off the team. That is my opinion .Mascia was losing his STUD and couldnt except the fact that he wouldnt play as others do with a cast.like i said , oceanside at farmingdale week 2 he was there and was expecting Andrle to play following week(3). think he was dissapointed?when told he was done.just throwing this out . its what I believe.not what i heard from anyone
HSFB FAN

East Meadow, NY

#8103 Oct 14, 2013
The quote is right in the article you posted, clear as day. Anyone who read the article should be very knowledgable about the quote. You seem like an intelligent individual but unfortunately you have chosen one fact to run with. Why don't you defend he was cleared to play? Why dont you defend he was not kicked off the team? No, instead you defend he can come back if he wants to play. I am sure you know there must be many facts involved that neither of us know about yet you fight this battle with complete and utter ignorance to the facts. I guess there is nothing we can do about that.
SKYWALKER

Tel Aviv, Israel

#8105 Oct 14, 2013
"Rebel" what's going on with Hewlett? I saw them play Lawrence on sat. They were beating Lawrence 20 to 6 four minutes before the half. Then they would receive the ball coming out which would put them up 27 to 6 if they stopped them before the half and scored coming out after the half. Instead I leave to run an errand come back to find Lawrence winning. Just where is the break down? Beating Lawrence would have put them right back in the mix. Also what's your take on the Bethpage win against plainedge?

I want to say that Lawrence really turned it on as it was their homecoming playing against Hewlett (Kid are friends) Hewlett is also young (mostly juniors) and is having trouble closing games against good opponents. Hopefully they can get a win against Floral Park going away. If not we will have to wait until next year.

Bethpage kids are tough and know how to handle plainedge. They must of had some really good line play.
bigtool

East Hampton, NY

#8106 Oct 14, 2013
HSFB FAN wrote:
<quoted text>
that the media does all the time.
outsider

United States

#8107 Oct 14, 2013
like a superintendent is gonna throw his COACH under the bus and say he didnt throw him off. give me a break already. of course hes going to protect his coach
SKYWALKER

Tel Aviv, Israel

#8108 Oct 14, 2013
"HSFB FAN" The quote is right in the article you posted, clear as day. Anyone who read the article should be very knowledgable about the quote. You seem like an intelligent individual but unfortunately you have chosen one fact to run with. Why don't you defend he was cleared to play? Why dont you defend he was not kicked off the team? No, instead you defend he can come back if he wants to play. I am sure you know there must be many facts involved that neither of us know about yet you fight this battle with complete and utter ignorance to the facts. I guess there is nothing we can do about that.

Ok your right - they are denying he was kicked off the team. So what is the problem then. All he wanted was to sit on the sidelines with all his friends like any other injured player. there is truth in the world and you have to find it.
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#8109 Oct 14, 2013
Skywalker I think the problem with Hewlett is that teams are making adjustments at half-time and they are not adjusting to it . For instance Lawrence went to a 5 man front in the 2nd half and they had no answer for that
Conf I Fan

East Meadow, NY

#8110 Oct 14, 2013
I wish I had answers for you guys but I don't, just like you don't have any answers for me. All we have is speculation and that is very dangerous in a case like this. We should just let it play out and the truth will come out. We are all playing junior detective here and we are talking about peoples lives. I don't think that is fair.
HSFB FAN

East Meadow, NY

#8111 Oct 14, 2013
I agree there is truth and neither you or I know that truth right now. All we have are opinions with no facts to back those opinions up.
SKYWALKER

Tel Aviv, Israel

#8112 Oct 14, 2013
"Nassau 3" Skywalker I think the problem with Hewlett is that teams are making adjustments at half-time and they are not adjusting to it . For instance Lawrence went to a 5 man front in the 2nd half and they had no answer for that

You are definitely right. I think what you said earlier on that Hewlett needs more offensive variety to their offense. Same old plays everyone is going to figure out.

Defense is better but still needs some more fire in the second half as well.
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#8113 Oct 14, 2013
SKYWALKER wrote:
"Nassau 3" Skywalker I think the problem with Hewlett is that teams are making adjustments at half-time and they are not adjusting to it . For instance Lawrence went to a 5 man front in the 2nd half and they had no answer for that
You are definitely right. I think what you said earlier on that Hewlett needs more offensive variety to their offense. Same old plays everyone is going to figure out.
Defense is better but still needs some more fire in the second half as well.
They brought Sanders and Dagostino on the staff. What is that about? Hewlett now has about 8 coaches
Da Fan

Perth Amboy, NJ

#8114 Oct 14, 2013
Let's change it up a bit. Now that we are more than half way through the regular season who are some of the early candidates for the Hansen and Thorpe awards? I can't think of anyone who may be running away with the awards.
SKYWALKER

Tel Aviv, Israel

#8115 Oct 14, 2013
"Nassau 3" They brought Sanders and Dagostino on the staff. What is that about? Hewlett now has about 8 coaches

Thats good

Is that vaughn sanders?

Maybe they can breath some life back into the program with Iaquinta getting a little too old?

What do you think about Floral Park game?

Hewlett needs this win and we having trouble on the road.
An Old Sailor

AOL

#8116 Oct 14, 2013
outsider wrote:
like a superintendent is gonna throw his COACH under the bus and say he didnt throw him off. give me a break already. of course hes going to protect his coach
Superintendents protect the school district. They could careless about a high school football coach. If this makes the East Meadow School District look bad, the superintendent does whatever he can to put the district in a better light.
The superintnedent is probably in direct contact with the AD. The AD is in direct contact with the coach. That's what adminstrators do, they cover their own backsides.
I do agree with you that the coach was probably angry when the kid said he wasn't comming back and then overreacted and threw him off the team. If he had it to do over again, I'm sure he wouldn't react the same way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cops: Drug Dealer Busted in Elmont (Sep '10) 2 hr Former Elmont res... 50
She was a failed Secretary of State. 2 hr Alexander 1
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr Paul Yanks 333,106
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 hr Paul Yanks 41,905
Time to go? (Jun '15) 3 hr Patriot 12,683
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 3 hr NEMO 12,372
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr frigginhell 311,898
jets talk back (Dec '07) 9 hr jimi-yank 12,360
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 15 hr Dumbblondslut 139

New York Jobs