SCFB

Bellport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Did Selts play for Sayville vs. ESM? Didn't see him in any stats.
ChiefFan1

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

HS FOOTBALL wrote:
<quoted text>
great info from both of you, which is why Mass/Farm and Mass/Ocean is so interesting. Give credit to Blount and company for again making oceanside football interesting. Also the Oceanside games with Freeport and EM No picnic. On a side note chief fan is Andre coaching at Pequa?
i never found out why andre left but he is not there anymore.
New Sailor

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

100% agree. I'm just happy they are competitive. I would love to see them make or win the final one day, but it's a great thing for the town and for those kids that put in all that hard work. The coach helps to put them in a position to win each week.

They could use another thousand seats for every home game.

The coach has changed the whole program and he deserves a ton of credit. We have always had athletes and seemed to always still lose 42-7 to the real power houses. Now they feel they can win and expect to win and have been competitive in just about every game since Blount arrived.

Same for Stanley in Carey.
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite what big tool says, Blount is not overrated. He turned what had been a moribund program into something that the entire town has an interest in now. The crowds that come out to see home games is amazing. Though he has become a victim of his own success. Making it to the semi-finals is not enough for some people, they want to know when he is going to get to the finals and win. Personally, I just love the fact that after nearly 35 years of losing football, they have been relevant for the past 5 or so years.
Nassau 3

East Rockaway, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

ChiefFan1 wrote:
<quoted text>
i never found out why andre left but he is not there anymore.
didn't get along with head coach
HonestlySpeaking

Merrick, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

HS FOOTBALL wrote:
<quoted text>
hey sewanhaka showed me something today. But why were they trounced by lynbrook 39-14, and beat a horrible manhasset 23-6, that lawrence had 51-6 by halftime. sewanhaka has some talent no joke.
Its consistency that they lack, they have the talent they just need the push
driver7789

Oakdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Selts played against ESM. ESM put the results into Newsday and that is why there are no stats for Sayville listed.
HS FOOTBALL

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

New Sailor wrote:
100% agree. I'm just happy they are competitive. I would love to see them make or win the final one day, but it's a great thing for the town and for those kids that put in all that hard work. The coach helps to put them in a position to win each week.
The coach has changed the whole program and he deserves a ton of credit. We have always had athletes and seemed to always still lose 42-7 to the real power houses. Now they feel they can win and expect to win and have been competitive in just about every game since Blount arrived.
<quoted text>
amazing what coaching can do.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

the X-FACTOR continues and "THE DANCH" brings one home.they have a fried possem taco before the game and it got them going.
HS FOOTBALL

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

HonestlySpeaking wrote:
<quoted text> Its consistency that they lack, they have the talent they just need the push
talent and speed are there.
HS FOOTBALL

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> didn't get along with head coach
surprised he gets along with everyone lol
SKYWALKER

Monosson, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

"Law Dogg"
Actually if you were there you would have understood why Lawrence put such a beating on this team . They were very nasty and they played without class.. They were the ones who apparantly tried to physically injur the Lawrence players. If you notice at the half, Lawrence was only winning 21-0, while sayville ( the team with so much class) was winning 28-0 .. In the third Qt the plainedge team seemed upset and tried to injur the Lawrence .. The team got upset and put a beat down on Plainedge. So please don't judge.. Unless you were there!!

Word is that Plainedge also had alot of dirty no class play vs Hewlett and the refs let it go. Maybe they can bully Hewlett but I hope big bro Lawrence teaches these guys a lesson again.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

bigtool wrote:
the X-FACTOR continues and "THE DANCH" brings one home.they have a fried possem taco before the game and it got them going.
Yes, the X-FACTOR does continue. The problem is #10 Commack hasn't played anyone. First week they beat #11 Brentwood(1-2), the following week they beat #8 Sachem East(0-3, how they were seeded #8 is beyond me), and last week the beat #12 HHHE(0-3). Commack's points for/against 78-20, opponents 3 game won/loss record 1-8. This Saturday they play #6 Longwood(1-2)@ Longwood 2:00 pm. The following week, on Oct. 11 Friday night they go to Sachem North for a 7:00 pm night game. I'd have to say right now the power points for Commack aren't looking to bright.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the X-FACTOR does continue. The problem is #10 Commack hasn't played anyone. First week they beat #11 Brentwood(1-2), the following week they beat #8 Sachem East(0-3, how they were seeded #8 is beyond me), and last week the beat #12 HHHE(0-3). Commack's points for/against 78-20, opponents 3 game won/loss record 1-8. This Saturday they play #6 Longwood(1-2)@ Longwood 2:00 pm. The following week, on Oct. 11 Friday night they go to Sachem North for a 7:00 pm night game. I'd have to say right now the power points for Commack aren't looking to bright.
trust me the FACTOR will prevail.what do you think of the new and amazing 'DANCH" they could be a factor.
suffolkIII

Central Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

game of the week East I vs Smithtown W.

I'll take smithtown W by a TD.

what do you think???
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>trust me the FACTOR will prevail.what do you think of the new and amazing 'DANCH" they could be a factor.
The "DANCH" did good, considering they were a #14 seed and beat the #6 seed Mercy 28-20. Not sure how they pre-seeded Mercy @#6 considering they are 0-3, points for/against 26-98. But a win is a win.

#14 "DANCH" travels to #7 nBayport-Blue Point on Friday Oct. 04 @ 7:00 pm.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

suffolkIII wrote:
game of the week East I vs Smithtown W.
I'll take smithtown W by a TD.
what do you think???
That's a tough call. Both EI and SW's 3 game statistics are almost identical. Very little seperation.
Colonial21

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

My Colonials got spanked this Friday by pat med. I think we are down this year, but pat med is pretty freaking good. Their offense was very up tempo and basically tore us up. Definitely thought we could stop them as defense has been our strongpoint thus far, but they were pretty unstoppable. Coughlin is legit and their other receivers made a bunch of plays too. If not for their other WR getting hurt, they might have scored 50. We can't seem to stop good spread offenses like that. They have a chance to do some damage if that offense keeps putting up those numbers and the defense plays like it did the other night. We have another big game this week vs Connetquot so let's make sure we step it up
An Old Sailor

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

New Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how old you are, but I played there under Kessenich and it wasn't a great experience to say the least. The varsity baseball coach Scerbo called the offense, if you played baseball there was a good chance you were going to be on the football team.
Anyway, in all the years there has never been this buzz about the football program. You are right, they need to insatll more stands.
Interesting, I had both Michael Stanley, head coach at Carey and Kevin Shippos, head coach at Massapequa as students. Stanley was a great kid. A hard worker and a pretty good athlete despite his small size. He played football, wrestled and played baseball.
Shippos on the other hand was a brooding kid who said very little. Great wrestler of course. He was ok as a student but communication skills were limited. I just wonder how he gets his message across to his players.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how old you are, but I played there under Kessenich and it wasn't a great experience to say the least. The varsity baseball coach Scerbo called the offense, if you played baseball there was a good chance you were going to be on the football team.
Anyway, in all the years there has never been this buzz about the football program. You are right, they need to insatll more stands.
Interesting, I had both Michael Stanley, head coach at Carey and Kevin Shippos, head coach at Massapequa as students. Stanley was a great kid. A hard worker and a pretty good athlete despite his small size. He played football, wrestled and played baseball.
Shippos on the other hand was a brooding kid who said very little. Great wrestler of course. He was ok as a student but communication skills were limited. I just wonder how he gets his message across to his players.
they both are lacking and neither will last kessenich was a flat out moron he never did anything for anybody.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the New York Forum right now

Search the New York Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 29 min TMAN_Mets 35,004
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 43 min NYStateOfMind 306,075
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 45,875
What's wrong with Tman, good ole Momma Chamberlin 1 hr jimi-yank 76
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr BS detector 14,407
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 2 hr Bruser 7,860
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr scirocco 68,436
•••
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000