Footballfan

Rochelle Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Here is a question for the Suffolk County people.

Generally speaking, what would the average score be if:

Conference I (Floyd and the Big Schools) vs. Conference II (next sized schools).

Conference I vs. Conference III?

Conference II vs. Conference III?

Conference IV (smallest schools) vs. Conference III?
SCFB

Bellport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

It will be interesting with the Zellner also...lots of good sized Linemen in Suffolk this year. PatMed, CI, Mt.Sinai & MP all with big boys getting D1 looks. Anyone else know of good linemen @ other schools.
suff III

Central Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

I'll start the discussion off.
Marcus Coles - Floyd
Chris Faison - Floyd
Jerimiah Cheatom - Riverhead
Malik Pierre - Sachem North
Connor Coughlin - Pat-Med

I heard Coles got an injury nat 7 on 7 and will out for the season.
bob

Sag Harbor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

suff III wrote:
I'll start the discussion off.
Marcus Coles - Floyd
Chris Faison - Floyd
Jerimiah Cheatom - Riverhead
Malik Pierre - Sachem North
Connor Coughlin - Pat-Med
I heard Coles got an injury nat 7 on 7 and will out for the season.
oh man marcus is out that is a bummer.i hear his 1st choice school southwest east Mississippi cc tech learning center a&m is also bummed
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

SCFB wrote:
It will be interesting with the Zellner also...lots of good sized Linemen in Suffolk this year. PatMed, CI, Mt.Sinai & MP all with big boys getting D1 looks. Anyone else know of good linemen @ other schools.
name one d1 school interested in these 5ft 8 inch 240 lb stumps that long island produces.please c.w. post is where they might go.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Footballfan wrote:
Conference I (Floyd and the Big Schools) vs. Conference II (next sized schools).
Nassau County uses Conferences' I, II, III, IV, Suffolk County uses Divisions' I, II, III, IV.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Footballfan wrote:
No way of telling, whether it's Nassau County or Suffolk County. They play an internal schedule with no cross over games into other Conferences'/Divisions'. Even the LIC's keep the Classes I, II, III, and IV together. So the question can't be answered.
truetalk

Westhampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

bigtool wrote:
#1 miles accroa,port jeff #2 Washington Jefferson "the danch" #3 tony weiner Sayville #4 dick hurts Huntington #5 ed trailor floyd
Truly an idiot!

You are a coward and disgrace. You are no doubt the person in your family that everyone rolls their eyes at and does not want to be around. The type of person that walks in a room and others walk out including your own children. Truth.
Footballfan

Rochelle Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

No kidding PatMed. I know there are no crossover games. I figured that someone may get out and see all enrollment levels. It was an attempt to begin a discussion.
An Old Sailor

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

ChiefFan1 wrote:
<quoted text>
disgraceful. why were they out at 3:45 AM in suffolk county? terrible situation.
Hey Chief Fan, is Massapequa loaded this year? I know they had some last minute losses last year, but I have heard that they should be really good this year. I'm sure Farmingdale is once again good, Baldwin is always in the mix, but Oceanside got hurt by graduation. Let me know what you think of Conference One.
suff III

Central Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Div. II suffolk has been weak since the Riverhead team. Div. III teams would not have much trouble competing with them. I think III has been stronger for the past 10 years. The big schools in Div I are usually the most powerful. Sayville has put out a couple teams that could play with anyone on the Island.Div. IV has some very good programs, but player size and team size would make it hard to compete with the bigger divs.
ChiefFan1

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Chief Fan, is Massapequa loaded this year? I know they had some last minute losses last year, but I have heard that they should be really good this year. I'm sure Farmingdale is once again good, Baldwin is always in the mix, but Oceanside got hurt by graduation. Let me know what you think of Conference One.
yeah, they have tons of kids coming back. as far as i know nobody decided to transfer or quit this year. korber, berge, balzano, capuana....all seniors now who have started since 10th grade. dilena was a stud last year as a sophomore MLB/FB is now a junior. 2 OL are back. on defense, DL needs to be replaced a little but the LBs and DB's are all back. they should be good but to me there are 2 issues. first is quarterback. bentz graduated and im not sure who will take his place. maybe caracappa steps in. he actually started last season as the QB and bentz replaced him. maybe they move berge to QB where he was as a 9th grader. im not sure. secondly, and more importantly, they need good line play. 3 OL graduated and a few DL graduated. if they get good line play they will be in the LIC. if not, they will be one of a few teams (farmingdale, baldwin) competing for the county title but probably wont make it there.

on a side note, i'd love to see someone transfer TO massapequa for once. how about a stud QB or a 6'4" 275 pound two way lineman? i'll keep dreaming.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Footballfan wrote:
No kidding PatMed. I know there are no crossover games. I figured that someone may get out and see all enrollment levels. It was an attempt to begin a discussion.
I'm glad you agree. You should have added the CHSFL to the mix, since again no way to do any type of comparison, since again they don't play against one another.
ChiefFan1

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Chief Fan, is Massapequa loaded this year? I know they had some last minute losses last year, but I have heard that they should be really good this year. I'm sure Farmingdale is once again good, Baldwin is always in the mix, but Oceanside got hurt by graduation. Let me know what you think of Conference One.
as for the conference in general, like i said, it's massapequa's to win if they get a line together. farmingdale has some kids coming back but they also lost a bunch to graduation. i really dont like to put too much stock into JV teams but at the very least it gives a view into the talent pool a team is working with. fdale's JV was excellent. i think they went undefeated so they should have kids coming up that can step in and play. baldwin is in the same boat. some kids are back, some kids left, very good JV. i expect pequa, fdale, and baldwin to battle it out for the county title. east meadow will be good as well, just not as good as the other 3. they still have billy andrle and he is a stud. they have some other kids also coming back but im not sure they have enough to beat the other 3 teams. oceanside lost tons to graduation but still have a few kids left. plus they have a very good coach so i'd expect them to be very competitive. that should be the top 5 this season. uniondale always has some talent but poor coaching (in my opinion). their main weapon is gone so i cant see them winning more than 3 games. freeport should be better, but not good enough to crack the top 5. i see them maybe as the 6th bext team battling with uniondale. syosset, VCS probably round out the 8 playoff teams but they arent very good. plainview, hempstead, hicksviller round out the bottom.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

ChiefFan1 wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, they have tons of kids coming back. as far as i know nobody decided to transfer or quit this year. korber, berge, balzano, capuana....all seniors now who have started since 10th grade. dilena was a stud last year as a sophomore MLB/FB is now a junior. 2 OL are back. on defense, DL needs to be replaced a little but the LBs and DB's are all back. they should be good but to me there are 2 issues. first is quarterback. bentz graduated and im not sure who will take his place. maybe caracappa steps in. he actually started last season as the QB and bentz replaced him. maybe they move berge to QB where he was as a 9th grader. im not sure. secondly, and more importantly, they need good line play. 3 OL graduated and a few DL graduated. if they get good line play they will be in the LIC. if not, they will be one of a few teams (farmingdale, baldwin) competing for the county title but probably wont make it there.
on a side note, i'd love to see someone transfer TO massapequa for once. how about a stud QB or a 6'4" 275 pound two way lineman? i'll keep dreaming.
no parent wants to send their child to mass.its just a step above Floyd and maybe two steps above Hempstead.the teachers there are more concerned about their pensions then educating the kids.plus the coaching is subpar and the support is lukewarm.but besides that its a heck of a place.
An Old Sailor

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

ChiefFan1 wrote:
<quoted text>
as for the conference in general, like i said, it's massapequa's to win if they get a line together. farmingdale has some kids coming back but they also lost a bunch to graduation. i really dont like to put too much stock into JV teams but at the very least it gives a view into the talent pool a team is working with. fdale's JV was excellent. i think they went undefeated so they should have kids coming up that can step in and play. baldwin is in the same boat. some kids are back, some kids left, very good JV. i expect pequa, fdale, and baldwin to battle it out for the county title. east meadow will be good as well, just not as good as the other 3. they still have billy andrle and he is a stud. they have some other kids also coming back but im not sure they have enough to beat the other 3 teams. oceanside lost tons to graduation but still have a few kids left. plus they have a very good coach so i'd expect them to be very competitive. that should be the top 5 this season. uniondale always has some talent but poor coaching (in my opinion). their main weapon is gone so i cant see them winning more than 3 games. freeport should be better, but not good enough to crack the top 5. i see them maybe as the 6th bext team battling with uniondale. syosset, VCS probably round out the 8 playoff teams but they arent very good. plainview, hempstead, hicksviller round out the bottom.
I agree with most of what you said. I saw Baldwin's jv a lot last year they were excellent. But, true you can't really go by jv squads. East Meadow's JV wasn't very good but that might not mean anything. I think you always start with Farmingdale and then go from there. Massapequa could be challenging them if as you say certain things happen. Every year Baldwin says they lost too many palyers to be contenders, but every year they seem to find somebody to run the ball. I agree with you on Oceanside, they will be in the top 5 but that might be as far as they go. All of your other assessments are probably right. The bottom teams will continue on as bottom teams. I just wish they would change the Conferences to ability not population.
bigtool

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

why is Hempstead so poor? they are 100% bro's its not like they have any academic issues. Hempstead has a rounding out grade policy like if you get a 50 they round it out to 65.is it drugs,no fathers at home to play catch with--whats the problem? disuss
hs football

Valley Stream, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Nassau 3 any pre evaluation on this season.
LIfan

West Babylon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

suff III wrote:
Div. II suffolk has been weak since the Riverhead team. Div. III teams would not have much trouble competing with them. I think III has been stronger for the past 10 years. The big schools in Div I are usually the most powerful. Sayville has put out a couple teams that could play with anyone on the Island.Div. IV has some very good programs, but player size and team size would make it hard to compete with the bigger divs.
disagree about D2...think a lot of parity gives the impression that its down. When an average WI team went to D1 two years ago they did well...played Sachem North tough and lost to a Sachem East team they demolished in the regular season (WI lost their starting rb to injury though others filled in well). D1 is pretty much Floyd and everyone else though its nice to see a Sachem East building. Sayville is so well coached they can play with anyone.
bigtool

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

LIfan wrote:
<quoted text>disagree about D2...think a lot of parity gives the impression that its down. When an average WI team went to D1 two years ago they did well...played Sachem North tough and lost to a Sachem East team they demolished in the regular season (WI lost their starting rb to injury though others filled in well). D1 is pretty much Floyd and everyone else though its nice to see a Sachem East building. Sayville is so well coached they can play with anyone.
Sayville can play anyone please.they were so intimated by the black kids from Lawrence it makes you wander--is it that Sayville kids can't handle the black rap.i think so because the black rap is nothing like it is in florida,georgia,maryland,north Carolina,south Carolina.long island is sub par

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,481 - 5,500 of10,169
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the New York Forum right now

Search the New York Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Brian_G 45,548
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr UN must go 14,184
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 1 hr nac 5,257
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr cpeter1313 304,939
Sexy Girl Arrest Records and Mugshots 3 hr Mugsy 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,161
A Real Taste of Filipino Home-Cooking Comes to ... 4 hr Angel of joy 8
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 7 hr NYStateOfMind 305,272
•••
•••

New York News Video

•••
New York Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

New York Jobs

•••