Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
bigtool

Medford, NY

#5799 Jun 19, 2013
it was a horrible horrible game.the city is worse,ifs that's possible,then long island.imagne paying 15 dollars for a ticket--hell I watched it on 14 and I fell asleep in the first quarter.
WI Fan

Massapequa, NY

#5800 Jun 20, 2013
Was not really impressed with Augustus Edwards.
bigtool

Medford, NY

#5801 Jun 20, 2013
WI Fan wrote:
Was not really impressed with Augustus Edwards.
he couldn't play for Nassau cc,horrible.
outside123

Wharton, NJ

#5802 Jun 20, 2013
any standouts @ Saturdays 7on7 @ connetquot?
bigtool

Medford, NY

#5803 Jun 20, 2013
outside123 wrote:
no.
outside123

Wharton, NJ

#5804 Jun 21, 2013
outside123 wrote:
Does anybody know how many teams will be there?
Game on

Westhampton, NY

#5805 Jun 24, 2013
Watched Saturdays 7 v 7 at connetquot. Some very good players. Pat med receiver/DB coughlin was best kid on the field. Pat med ended up beating connetquot in championship game. Coughlin had about 10-11 TDs on the day and the other patmed kid morrisey had 7-8. Not to mention they both had a few picks each on defense. Next best teams were connetquot and Freeport. Freeport has some speed and kids are very athletic. Nason from connetquot is an excellent receiver. Floyd looked ok but QB situation could be problem and Coles got injured. Not sure how bad but he didn't play the rest of tourney. Prob just a precaution. DI Suffolk going to be very competitive this year.
bigtool

Patchogue, NY

#5806 Jun 24, 2013
dos anybody think the bommer game has run its course.the city bro's don't give a shit plus they stink and the coaching is really bad.lets bring new jersey and see what we got.i think its a great idea.hold on a sat. night---10,000
Pat-Med 88

Indio, CA

#5807 Jun 25, 2013
you are correct about Section 8 and 11 vs NYC the games have taken a new low. I would rather see Section 8 and 11 vs Upstate Sections 1 and 9
suffolkIII

Sayville, NY

#5808 Jun 25, 2013
you are correct about Section 8 and 11 vs NYC the games have taken a new low. I would rather see Section 8 and 11 vs Upstate Sections 1 and 9
Why not section 8 vs section 11. They seem to be competitive in the LIC games
suffolkIII

Sayville, NY

#5809 Jun 25, 2013
If section 8 plays section 11 you would get twice as many Long Island kids involved!!!!
24 kt gold

Leonia, NJ

#5810 Jun 25, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
Just curious. Didn't they use to have an Upstate vs Downstate game? Wasn't that game discontinued due to the dominance of the downstate teams? Now didn't the downstate teams consists primarily of NYC and Long Island players? It would seem to me that from this crude assumption, the best football players in NY state hail from LI. Can you enlighten me on this.?
bigtool

Old Bridge, NJ

#5811 Jun 26, 2013
suffolkIII wrote:
If section 8 plays section 11 you would get twice as many Long Island kids involved!!!!
that's a great idea it will be shity football but a better game.
Pat-Med 88

Indio, CA

#5812 Jun 26, 2013
In 1996 & 1997 the first two Heroes Bowls the games were between Section 8 and 11. Then it became the Outback game with LI playing NYC, now it's called the United Healthcare Empire Challenge Game. This game has run its course and needs to be changed.

After three unsuccessful years of the Upstate vs Downstate, with the Downstate team dominating the Upstate team 3-0 and outscoring them 104-37 the game is no more. It has been replaced with the Rising Junior Game which will be played on July 13 @ Onondaga Community College. Bay Shores HC Football Coach Jim Giattino will be coaching the Downstate team.

They did have some NYC players on the Downstate team, but the majority of the players were from LI and Section 1 & 9.
Pat-Med 88

Indio, CA

#5813 Jun 26, 2013
24 kt gold wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious. Didn't they use to have an Upstate vs Downstate game? Wasn't that game discontinued due to the dominance of the downstate teams? Now didn't the downstate teams consists primarily of NYC and Long Island players? It would seem to me that from this crude assumption, the best football players in NY state hail from LI. Can you enlighten me on this.?
As I've always said, if Section 8 & 11 ever became part of the NYS High School Football Tournament they would be extremely competitive and would've brought back a lot of State Championships. The Downstate team did have a lot of LI players, but there was also alot of players from Section 1 & 9 on the rosters. I do agree that LI teams would be the teams to beat in the NYS Tournament if they ever played. Section's 5 & 6 has dominated in Class AA & Class A since 1993 (Class AA 1996) in the NYS Tournament, but I still say if lI was playing they would be the dominating teams in Class AA & A.
SCFB

Medford, NY

#5814 Jun 26, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
After three unsuccessful years of the Upstate vs Downstate, with the Downstate team dominating the Upstate team 3-0 and outscoring them 104-37 the game is no more. It has been replaced with the Rising Junior Game which will be played on July 13 @ Onondaga Community College. Bay Shores HC Football Coach Jim Giattino will be coaching the Downstate team.
I heard that the Rising Junior Up-State/Down-State Game has been cancelled due to a lack of financial sponsorship/support.
bigtool

Old Bridge, NJ

#5815 Jun 26, 2013
SCFB wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that the Rising Junior Up-State/Down-State Game has been cancelled due to a lack of financial sponsorship/support.
no its because there is no rising good juniors.
Pat-Med 88

Indio, CA

#5816 Jun 26, 2013
SCFB wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't doubt it, considering this what happened to the Upstate vs Downstate game after three years. Even with the Buffalo Bills Jim Kelly helping out it didn't attract any sponsorship. Plus the fact that alot of the players that were going to continue playing in College decided they didn't want to risk injury and opted out of the game.
Eastendfan

Bridgewater, NJ

#5817 Jun 26, 2013
How about Long Island vs. Conn. I think Conn plays decent football. Population is roughly the same. They could hold it at Hofstra and UConn
SCFB

Medford, NY

#5818 Jun 26, 2013
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>no its because there is no rising good juniors.
The "tool" has spoken...guess we should just skip to basketball season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 13 min jimi-yank 39,528
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 48 min GEORGIA 14,263
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr SweLL GirL 15,097
last post wins! (Jun '10) 1 hr SweLL GirL 26,387
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Barack calls me B... 59,540
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr jimi-yank 328,655
Time to go? (Jun '15) 1 hr Credence 11,184
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages