Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
Bubba

Staten Island, NY

#5527 Jan 16, 2013
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if I would have given awards to 2 players from East Meadow and 1 from MacArthur. I think if you win the County, there has to be a player that brought you that championship. I would have given the running back from Farmingdale a closer look, Curtis I think was his name. Plus you can pick any lineman from Garden City for the lineman award.
So East Meadow has the "best player in Nassau County" and the best lineman but didn't even make it to Hofstra. Incredible.
Pete1212

Bridgeport, CT

#5528 Jan 17, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That running back from Farmingdale you are talking about, Curtis Jenkins, did not play one down in the County Final win against Baldwin. He was suspended for the game. That is who you will give the Thorp award to????? As for Garden City lineman, that was not there strength. The EM kid was a four year starter. He is a much better player than any GC lineman. Newsday only picks the Thorp award. The Nassau County coaches pick the Martone and Piner.
That is funny. It shows that some of you on this message board have no clue!! Based on your ideas of winning awards I guess the NFL should take Manning and Petterson out of the running for MVP. Old Sailor how many East Meadow and/or MacArthur games have you seen this year to say that those kids shouldn't have won the awards?
Molinet Knows

New York, NY

#5530 Jan 17, 2013
2013 New Roc Coaches Clinic being held on Monday January 21, 2013 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day).

8:30-9:20:
-Lou Marinelli, New Canaan HS HC, Offense.
-Shane Fogarty, Fordham U, Specials.
-Dan Marangi, Don Bosco HS, Defense.

9:30-10:20:
-Mike Cerasuolo, Springfield College, Offense.
-Shane Fogarty, Fordham U, Specials.
-Tim Daoust, Syracuse U, Defense.

10:30-11:20:
-Rob Spemce, Rutgers U, Offense.
-Jamie Casullo, Albany U, Specials.
-Tony Trisciani, Villanova, Defense.

11:30-12:20:
-Nunzio Campinile, Bergen Catholic HS, Offense.
-Steve Filipone, Danile Hand HS, Defense.

1:30-2:20:
-Damien Wroblewiski, Rutgers OL, Offense.
-Jim Salgado, Princeton DB's, Defense.

2:30-3:20:
-George DeLeaone, Uconn, Offense.
-Jerry Azzinaro, Oregon, Defense.

4:30-?:
Social.

FEE:$50.00 PER COACH

An Old Sailor

AOL

#5531 Jan 17, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That running back from Farmingdale you are talking about, Curtis Jenkins, did not play one down in the County Final win against Baldwin. He was suspended for the game. That is who you will give the Thorp award to????? As for Garden City lineman, that was not there strength. The EM kid was a four year starter. He is a much better player than any GC lineman. Newsday only picks the Thorp award. The Nassau County coaches pick the Martone and Piner.
OK, and how did those East Meadow players play in their games at Hofstra? Oh that's right East Meadow didn't get to play at Hofstra. They lost in the quarter finals.
Look, I don't follow each team as closely as you guys do, but I just think you have to look at County team winners and figure there had to be a pretty good player or two to get them there.
Conf I Fan

East Meadow, NY

#5533 Jan 17, 2013
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, and how did those East Meadow players play in their games at Hofstra? Oh that's right East Meadow didn't get to play at Hofstra. They lost in the quarter finals.
Look, I don't follow each team as closely as you guys do, but I just think you have to look at County team winners and figure there had to be a pretty good player or two to get them there.
Old sailor come on now I know your better than this from reading your posts. You know East Meadow didnt make it to Hofstra for one reason and one reason only. They could not stop the pass this year and the last time I looked Andrle and Carvalho did not play in the secondary. Those two young men played pretty darn well against the two teams that played in the County final. In fact Andrle was easily the best player on the field in the East Meadow -Farmingdale game. I think that game alone got him the Thorp.
Also they didnt get to Hofstra this year but those two players were great at Hofstra and Stonybrook last year. East Meadow does not get to the LIC last year without either one of them. I am surprised at that comment from you. The Rutgers Cup is for the best team. Football is the ultimate team game. The best individual player does not have to come from the best team!!!
Mike Quick

AOL

#5535 Jan 18, 2013
The only Newsday Award I might have changed was the Piner Award. I would have given it to Garden City's Scott D'Antonio.
An Old Sailor

AOL

#5537 Jan 18, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Old sailor come on now I know your better than this from reading your posts. You know East Meadow didnt make it to Hofstra for one reason and one reason only. They could not stop the pass this year and the last time I looked Andrle and Carvalho did not play in the secondary. Those two young men played pretty darn well against the two teams that played in the County final. In fact Andrle was easily the best player on the field in the East Meadow -Farmingdale game. I think that game alone got him the Thorp.
Also they didnt get to Hofstra this year but those two players were great at Hofstra and Stonybrook last year. East Meadow does not get to the LIC last year without either one of them. I am surprised at that comment from you. The Rutgers Cup is for the best team. Football is the ultimate team game. The best individual player does not have to come from the best team!!!
I know, you are right. But, I think this mvp type awards get political. I do think there is a bias against certain teams like Garden City. Maybe I'm wrong, but they always have great teams, but very rarely win any awards.
WI Fan

West Islip, NY

#5539 Jan 18, 2013
Great teams are different they great individual players
An Old Sailor

AOL

#5540 Jan 19, 2013
WI Fan wrote:
Great teams are different they great individual players
True, but at the High School level, don't you think that one special player is the reason why a team wins?
They are only playing as a team for one maybe two years max.
lawrence fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5542 Jan 19, 2013
Congrats Lawrence a season for the ages. Td records by Robinson & capobianco. 12-0 lic champs Rutgers cup champs undefeated and a record 581 PTs scored what a season all lawrencians thank you
hsball

Schenectady, NY

#5545 Jan 22, 2013
very suprised Kellenberg QB Kyle Driscoll wasn't even a finalist for the Snyder Award. I know the team wasn't great, but the junior led the CHSFL with over 2300 yds passing and 19 TD and i believe was second on Long Island behind Capobianco ......do CHSFL players not qualify for these awards?
Lawrence

Brooklyn, NY

#5546 Jan 22, 2013
lawrence fan wrote:
Congrats Lawrence a season for the ages. Td records by Robinson & capobianco. 12-0 lic champs Rutgers cup champs undefeated and a record 581 PTs scored what a season all lawrencians thank you
Hey MSG Varsity top 25 final rankings, guess what. Farmingdale 23 and GCITY 24 WOW. Well Lawrence blew both schools out of the water in the Rutgers cup voting for Nassau which means the coaches thought Lawrence was better than GC/FARM. So where do we rank Lawrence in your final top 25 msg poll. By the way NYSportswriters had them tied for 1 in A state poll. Better than GC/Farm but nowhere to be found in your top 25 poll. Also 581 record pts scored and the NYS player of the year by the nystate sportswriters. No top 25 though in tri state area and 1 of only 5 unbeaten schools left in tri state area 12-0. TOTAL JOKE BY MSG
Lawrence

Brooklyn, NY

#5547 Jan 22, 2013
hsball wrote:
very suprised Kellenberg QB Kyle Driscoll wasn't even a finalist for the Snyder Award. I know the team wasn't great, but the junior led the CHSFL with over 2300 yds passing and 19 TD and i believe was second on Long Island behind Capobianco ......do CHSFL players not qualify for these awards?
YEA THEY DO BRUNETTI WON it, but it all is very political trust me. You are correct about driscoll real good player.
Lawrence

Brooklyn, NY

#5548 Jan 22, 2013
Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey MSG Varsity top 25 final rankings, guess what. Farmingdale 23 and GCITY 24 WOW. Well Lawrence blew both schools out of the water in the Rutgers cup voting for Nassau which means the coaches thought Lawrence was better than GC/FARM. So where do we rank Lawrence in your final top 25 msg poll. By the way NYSportswriters had them tied for 1 in A state poll. Better than GC/Farm but nowhere to be found in your top 25 poll. Also 581 record pts scored and the NYS player of the year by the nystate sportswriters. No top 25 though in tri state area and 1 of only 5 unbeaten schools left in tri state area 12-0. TOTAL JOKE BY MSG
Quick said he would look at small schools deserving top 25 at the end, only 5 unbeatens left in tri state a 12-0 record and player of nystate. Why not put them in ahead of gc and farm?? Landslide voting for Lawrence over GC And Farm by coaches for rutgers cup also. MSG I LOVE ya but you did not do your homework on the final top 25 for sure!!Bad job by msg there.
Conf I Fan

East Meadow, NY

#5549 Jan 22, 2013
Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
You could not be any more incorrect. The Nassau coaches in no way thought Lawrence was better than Farmingdale or Garden City. Lawrence was awarded the Cup because the coaches had no choice based on their undefeated season and Farmingdale and Garden City each having lost games. The Cup is awarded to the team that had the best season not the best team. If it was awarded to the best team it would go to a Conf one team 9 out of 10 years. Congratulations to Lawrence for setting the record for points scored but it was done against incredibly poor competition. Anyone you talk to about high school football will tell you that conf 3 was very bad this year. With that said you cant take away from what Lawrence accomplished. They did not make their schedule, they only played the schedule they were given. Congratulations to them on a great season.
Conf I Fan

East Meadow, NY

#5550 Jan 22, 2013
Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
YEA THEY DO BRUNETTI WON it, but it all is very political trust me. You are correct about driscoll real good player.
And why should we trust you on it being very political? Did you ever sit on one of those award committees? I think it is a real slap in the face to the outstanding players that win these awards to say it is very political. Was it political that Capobianco won the Snyder or Robinson winning the Jets Receiver award or Lawrence winning the Rutgers Cup? Didnt think so.
WI Fan

West Islip, NY

#5551 Jan 22, 2013
lawrence fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5553 Jan 22, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You could not be any more incorrect. The Nassau coaches in no way thought Lawrence was better than Farmingdale or Garden City. Lawrence was awarded the Cup because the coaches had no choice based on their undefeated season and Farmingdale and Garden City each having lost games. The Cup is awarded to the team that had the best season not the best team. If it was awarded to the best team it would go to a Conf one team 9 out of 10 years. Congratulations to Lawrence for setting the record for points scored but it was done against incredibly poor competition. Anyone yo. u talk to about high school football will tell you that conf 3 was very bad this year. With that said you cant take away from what Lawrence accomplished. They did not make their schedule, they only played the schedule they were given. Congratulations to them on a great season.
we can disagree on who the best team was not a problem you are entitled to your opinion I really thought it was clearly Lawrence
lawrence fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5554 Jan 22, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And why should we trust you on it being very political? Did you ever sit on one of those award committees? I think it is a real slap in the face to the outstanding players that win these awards to say it is very political. Was it political that Capobianco won the Snyder or Robinson winning the Jets Receiver award or Lawrence winning the Rutgers Cup? Didnt think so.
I can tell you honestly alot of the times it is political and has been for years. Not taking anything away from who won. Do not want to get into the Thorpe award voting situation what I was told and what happened. Season is over I will leave it at that and do not want to get anyone into any controversy at this point. Really don't want to comment on it anymore but not lying
lawrence fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5555 Jan 22, 2013
WI Fan wrote:
can't believe it wow unreal and so sad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 min zef 311,625
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Into The Night 61,044
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 14 min actorvet 11,931
jets talk back (Dec '07) 26 min Shannon G 11,902
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 37 min Paul Yanks 332,029
Yankees talk back (Dec '07) 2 hr jimi-yank 43,221
Mets talk back (Dec '06) 3 hr Paul Yanks 29,277
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued Fri rainmaker2016 54

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages