Conf I Fan

Bellmore, NY

#5517 Jan 15, 2013
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that they have to give out these awards, but really some years you just wonder how they came up with these winners.
Just curious because it is always good for conversation. What award winners did you disagree with and who do you feel should have won? Always a great debate.
Mike Quick

AOL

#5519 Jan 16, 2013
See that 11 Rockland County Schools want to leave Section 9 and move back to Section 1. Not sure why they would want to do the back and forth traveling over the Hudson again. This was the main reason why they left Section I in 1983 in the first place. Maybe the $5 Billion replacement of the Tappan Zee Bridge. I will say it will make Section I more competitive. Maybe we'll get to see some Section I vs Section 8 & 11 in the near future.
An Old Sailor

AOL

#5520 Jan 16, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious because it is always good for conversation. What award winners did you disagree with and who do you feel should have won? Always a great debate.
I don't know if I would have given awards to 2 players from East Meadow and 1 from MacArthur. I think if you win the County, there has to be a player that brought you that championship. I would have given the running back from Farmingdale a closer look, Curtis I think was his name. Plus you can pick any lineman from Garden City for the lineman award.
Suff III

East Islip, NY

#5521 Jan 16, 2013
MIKE SINATRO
Farmingdale, G, 6-3, 255, Senior

A big strong kid and could have been an excellent choice for lineman. two way starter that was a key for Farmingdale County Championship.
Mike Quick

AOL

#5522 Jan 16, 2013
Suff III wrote:
MIKE SINATRO
A big strong kid and could have been an excellent choice for lineman. two way starter that was a key for Farmingdale County Championship.
That's who I would've picked. Hard to believe a team that wins the Conference I NCC, goes to the LIC doesn't have a player for one the Newsday Awards?
Conf I Fan

Bellmore, NY

#5524 Jan 16, 2013
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if I would have given awards to 2 players from East Meadow and 1 from MacArthur. I think if you win the County, there has to be a player that brought you that championship. I would have given the running back from Farmingdale a closer look, Curtis I think was his name. Plus you can pick any lineman from Garden City for the lineman award.
That running back from Farmingdale you are talking about, Curtis Jenkins, did not play one down in the County Final win against Baldwin. He was suspended for the game. That is who you will give the Thorp award to????? As for Garden City lineman, that was not there strength. The EM kid was a four year starter. He is a much better player than any GC lineman. Newsday only picks the Thorp award. The Nassau County coaches pick the Martone and Piner.
Conf I Fan

Bellmore, NY

#5525 Jan 16, 2013
Suff III wrote:
MIKE SINATRO
The word from the coaches is that one of the quarters the EM lineman used was head to head against the Farmingdale kid. They said it made a huge impact on the voting.
Bubba

Rego Park, NY

#5527 Jan 16, 2013
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
So East Meadow has the "best player in Nassau County" and the best lineman but didn't even make it to Hofstra. Incredible.
Pete1212

Levittown, NY

#5528 Jan 17, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That running back from Farmingdale you are talking about, Curtis Jenkins, did not play one down in the County Final win against Baldwin. He was suspended for the game. That is who you will give the Thorp award to????? As for Garden City lineman, that was not there strength. The EM kid was a four year starter. He is a much better player than any GC lineman. Newsday only picks the Thorp award. The Nassau County coaches pick the Martone and Piner.
That is funny. It shows that some of you on this message board have no clue!! Based on your ideas of winning awards I guess the NFL should take Manning and Petterson out of the running for MVP. Old Sailor how many East Meadow and/or MacArthur games have you seen this year to say that those kids shouldn't have won the awards?
Molinet Knows

Jersey City, NJ

#5530 Jan 17, 2013
2013 New Roc Coaches Clinic being held on Monday January 21, 2013 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day).

8:30-9:20:
-Lou Marinelli, New Canaan HS HC, Offense.
-Shane Fogarty, Fordham U, Specials.
-Dan Marangi, Don Bosco HS, Defense.

9:30-10:20:
-Mike Cerasuolo, Springfield College, Offense.
-Shane Fogarty, Fordham U, Specials.
-Tim Daoust, Syracuse U, Defense.

10:30-11:20:
-Rob Spemce, Rutgers U, Offense.
-Jamie Casullo, Albany U, Specials.
-Tony Trisciani, Villanova, Defense.

11:30-12:20:
-Nunzio Campinile, Bergen Catholic HS, Offense.
-Steve Filipone, Danile Hand HS, Defense.

1:30-2:20:
-Damien Wroblewiski, Rutgers OL, Offense.
-Jim Salgado, Princeton DB's, Defense.

2:30-3:20:
-George DeLeaone, Uconn, Offense.
-Jerry Azzinaro, Oregon, Defense.

4:30-?:
Social.

FEE:$50.00 PER COACH

An Old Sailor

AOL

#5531 Jan 17, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, and how did those East Meadow players play in their games at Hofstra? Oh that's right East Meadow didn't get to play at Hofstra. They lost in the quarter finals.
Look, I don't follow each team as closely as you guys do, but I just think you have to look at County team winners and figure there had to be a pretty good player or two to get them there.
Conf I Fan

Bellmore, NY

#5533 Jan 17, 2013
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, and how did those East Meadow players play in their games at Hofstra? Oh that's right East Meadow didn't get to play at Hofstra. They lost in the quarter finals.
Look, I don't follow each team as closely as you guys do, but I just think you have to look at County team winners and figure there had to be a pretty good player or two to get them there.
Old sailor come on now I know your better than this from reading your posts. You know East Meadow didnt make it to Hofstra for one reason and one reason only. They could not stop the pass this year and the last time I looked Andrle and Carvalho did not play in the secondary. Those two young men played pretty darn well against the two teams that played in the County final. In fact Andrle was easily the best player on the field in the East Meadow -Farmingdale game. I think that game alone got him the Thorp.
Also they didnt get to Hofstra this year but those two players were great at Hofstra and Stonybrook last year. East Meadow does not get to the LIC last year without either one of them. I am surprised at that comment from you. The Rutgers Cup is for the best team. Football is the ultimate team game. The best individual player does not have to come from the best team!!!
Mike Quick

AOL

#5535 Jan 18, 2013
The only Newsday Award I might have changed was the Piner Award. I would have given it to Garden City's Scott D'Antonio.
An Old Sailor

AOL

#5537 Jan 18, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Old sailor come on now I know your better than this from reading your posts. You know East Meadow didnt make it to Hofstra for one reason and one reason only. They could not stop the pass this year and the last time I looked Andrle and Carvalho did not play in the secondary. Those two young men played pretty darn well against the two teams that played in the County final. In fact Andrle was easily the best player on the field in the East Meadow -Farmingdale game. I think that game alone got him the Thorp.
Also they didnt get to Hofstra this year but those two players were great at Hofstra and Stonybrook last year. East Meadow does not get to the LIC last year without either one of them. I am surprised at that comment from you. The Rutgers Cup is for the best team. Football is the ultimate team game. The best individual player does not have to come from the best team!!!
I know, you are right. But, I think this mvp type awards get political. I do think there is a bias against certain teams like Garden City. Maybe I'm wrong, but they always have great teams, but very rarely win any awards.
WI Fan

West Islip, NY

#5539 Jan 18, 2013
Great teams are different they great individual players
An Old Sailor

AOL

#5540 Jan 19, 2013
WI Fan wrote:
Great teams are different they great individual players
True, but at the High School level, don't you think that one special player is the reason why a team wins?
They are only playing as a team for one maybe two years max.
lawrence fan

Parsippany, NJ

#5542 Jan 19, 2013
Congrats Lawrence a season for the ages. Td records by Robinson & capobianco. 12-0 lic champs Rutgers cup champs undefeated and a record 581 PTs scored what a season all lawrencians thank you
hsball

Schenectady, NY

#5545 Jan 22, 2013
very suprised Kellenberg QB Kyle Driscoll wasn't even a finalist for the Snyder Award. I know the team wasn't great, but the junior led the CHSFL with over 2300 yds passing and 19 TD and i believe was second on Long Island behind Capobianco ......do CHSFL players not qualify for these awards?
Lawrence

Parsippany, NJ

#5546 Jan 22, 2013
lawrence fan wrote:
Congrats Lawrence a season for the ages. Td records by Robinson & capobianco. 12-0 lic champs Rutgers cup champs undefeated and a record 581 PTs scored what a season all lawrencians thank you
Hey MSG Varsity top 25 final rankings, guess what. Farmingdale 23 and GCITY 24 WOW. Well Lawrence blew both schools out of the water in the Rutgers cup voting for Nassau which means the coaches thought Lawrence was better than GC/FARM. So where do we rank Lawrence in your final top 25 msg poll. By the way NYSportswriters had them tied for 1 in A state poll. Better than GC/Farm but nowhere to be found in your top 25 poll. Also 581 record pts scored and the NYS player of the year by the nystate sportswriters. No top 25 though in tri state area and 1 of only 5 unbeaten schools left in tri state area 12-0. TOTAL JOKE BY MSG
Lawrence

Parsippany, NJ

#5547 Jan 22, 2013
hsball wrote:
very suprised Kellenberg QB Kyle Driscoll wasn't even a finalist for the Snyder Award. I know the team wasn't great, but the junior led the CHSFL with over 2300 yds passing and 19 TD and i believe was second on Long Island behind Capobianco ......do CHSFL players not qualify for these awards?
YEA THEY DO BRUNETTI WON it, but it all is very political trust me. You are correct about driscoll real good player.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 10 min YANKEES 4 LIFE 311,529
jets talk back (Dec '07) 17 min JETS 4 LIFE 9,948
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 17 min Guinness Drinker 16,627
NYC police union wants mayor banned from funerals 1 hr JCJ 14
Eric Garner Murdered by Cop 1 hr Ronald 292
Cuba - Next North Korea 1 hr Chamberlain ll 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 306,954

New York News Video

New York Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New York News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New York

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:09 am PST

NBC Sports 8:09AM
Antrel Rolle wants to play three more years with Giants
Bleacher Report12:09 PM
New England Patriots vs. New York Jets: What Are Experts Saying About New York?
ESPN12:28 PM
Beckham: Offensive ROY would be 'honor'
ESPN 1:41 PM
CB Thomas rips Jets for hands-off approach
NBC Sports 1:54 PM
Josh Thomas says Jets didn't coach him