Sayville guy

Sayville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

We never thought we would win with the backup just surprised when we scored. Honestly I thought it was over when sirico went down. Then I had hope and realized there was no chance we would score again especially without haggert but we people on this blog don't understand a running qb opens up run for rb and visa versa
Enough

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Sayville guy wrote:
We never thought we would win with the backup just surprised when we scored. Honestly I thought it was over when sirico went down. Then I had hope and realized there was no chance we would score again especially without haggert but we people on this blog don't understand a running qb opens up run for rb and visa versa
We understand that, Just as a good run game opens up for the pass. Well good luck to you guys in the future and Happy Holidays!
Bean

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Sayville guy wrote:
The backup qb came in and led them to a td before half. Then they stopped passing the ball in the 2nd half except on obvious passing downs which led to turnovers. Lawrence was the better team because they were able to make adjustments.
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of Northern CA sport writers actually gave Logan a chance of beating De La Salle. Logan came into the game 12-1 and had only given up 113 points. DLS destroyed them 52-7.
Now DLS plays Folsom which is 14-0, points for/against 656-273. Folsom has one of the best offenses in CA. Their So. QB Jake Browning is 6'2" 185 lbs. He is 358/549 5,017 yards and an amazing 61 td's. His receiver corp is stacked with Sr. Lucas Owan, Jr. Troy Knox and Sr. Phillip Carter. The three of them have combined for over 3,000 yards and 36 td's. RB's are very good in So. Bailey Laolagi and Jr. Harry Akomolafe.
The defense is also excellent, they have combined for over 1,000 tackles in the season so far. The LB's are the key to their success with Sr. Derek Stiles, Jr. Eddie Flores and So. Bailey Laolagi and the three of them have combined for over 300 tackles. The team has 38 sacks.
Again a lot of the Northern sport writes seem to think that Folsom is the real deal and can give DSL their first Northern opponent loss since 1991.
The game will be in the State's Capitol at Sacramento State University on Saturday @ 7:30 PM
When it comes to the playoffs DLS always finds a way of winning.
Well De La Salle just finished putting a beating on this high powered offensive Folson team 49-15. DLS is now 233-0-2 against Northern CA opponents.

The Southern CA teams are much better than the Northern CA teams. The Southern CIF has about 2X as many schools as the Northern CIF.
Mike Quick

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well De La Salle just finished putting a beating on this high powered offensive Folson team 49-15. DLS is now 233-0-2 against Northern CA opponents.
The Southern CA teams are much better than the Northern CA teams. The Southern CIF has about 2X as many schools as the Northern CIF.
Seems like you were correct about De La Salle don't bet against them. 233-0-2 against teams in Northern Cali, doesn't really say much for the football teams in the North.
Conf I Fan

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Ok guys lets get some predicitions on the Thorp, Martone, Piner (LB), Jets Receiver Award, Snyder (QB) and who do you think is a lock for 1st team All LI? Obviously Casali and the Sachem North Lineman are 1st team winning the Hansen and lineman award in Suffolk. With all due respect I have to change the subject from the Lawrence-Sayville banter. Lets move on guys.
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Mike Quick wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like you were correct about De La Salle don't bet against them. 233-0-2 against teams in Northern Cali, doesn't really say much for the football teams in the North.
Actually since 1984 DLS is 318-5-2 against Northern CA opponents. They did hand Folsom a smack down. I will say Folsom's sophomore QB did pretty good considering he was sacked 6 times and had 3 int's. He went 38/64 282 yards and 2 td's. He broke the state single season passing yardage, he now has 5,289 yards and 63 td's. He missed the state record of 64 td's in a season by 1.

DLS scored the first three td's @ the half it was 28-7 and DSL had 245 total offensive yards. DLS then proceeded to score the next four td's before Folsom scored their last td. DLS has a great defense led by #18 6'4" 250 DL Austin Hooper and #7 LB Michael Hutchings 6'2" 220 lbs. The offense has an excellent TB in #20 Tiapepe Vitale who had 120 rushing last night. Their QB is a dual threat QB who can pass and run,#13 Chris Williams.

DLS wound up with 392 total yards and 7 td's against Folsom.

I thought they would've had a bigger crowd, they were expecting over 20,000. They announced the attendance at 10,197.

DLS will now fact Sourthern CA, Centennial-Corona (14-1) in the State Open Bowl Division on Sat @ 8 pm at the Home Depot Center.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Interesting how Newsday/MSG Varsity used a picture of Garden City on the front cover instead of Lawrence.
Lawrence Forever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Pat-Med 88 wrote:
Interesting how Newsday/MSG Varsity used a picture of Garden City on the front cover instead of Lawrence.
why is that interesting?? Very good for Garden City they weren't favored to win. Congrats!! We will be as happy for them if they get the Rutgers.
Mike Quick

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually since 1984 DLS is 318-5-2 against Northern CA opponents. They did hand Folsom a smack down. I will say Folsom's sophomore QB did pretty good considering he was sacked 6 times and had 3 int's. He went 38/64 282 yards and 2 td's. He broke the state single season passing yardage, he now has 5,289 yards and 63 td's. He missed the state record of 64 td's in a season by 1.
DLS scored the first three td's @ the half it was 28-7 and DSL had 245 total offensive yards. DLS then proceeded to score the next four td's before Folsom scored their last td. DLS has a great defense led by #18 6'4" 250 DL Austin Hooper and #7 LB Michael Hutchings 6'2" 220 lbs. The offense has an excellent TB in #20 Tiapepe Vitale who had 120 rushing last night. Their QB is a dual threat QB who can pass and run,#13 Chris Williams.
DLS wound up with 392 total yards and 7 td's against Folsom.
I thought they would've had a bigger crowd, they were expecting over 20,000. They announced the attendance at 10,197.
DLS will now fact Sourthern CA, Centennial-Corona (14-1) in the State Open Bowl Division on Sat @ 8 pm at the Home Depot Center.
So what's the scoop on Centennial?
sore losers

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Pat-Med 88 wrote:
and thats without jahelka lol
I know the facts

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

scf wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I AM getting back to you. You are so wrong and I understand you have to tell yourself that so you feel better. Lets get the FACTS straight...the kid wanted to go back in and if he did everyone knows what the outcome would have been. The coach made the decision after his ankle was assessed. Coaches should be commended for that decision! Ask around??? I dont have to.. believe me I am closer to the source than you will ever know so STOP stating the wrong information...it is what it is but PLEASE dont spread FALSE information especially about a student athlete on this forum!!!
wrong his father made the decision ask around that is a fact so dont come on here and say coaches decision. all about that lacrosse scholarship Father came down at half time and didnt want him to risk it
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Mike Quick wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's the scoop on Centennial?
Centennial is one of the Sourthern CA premier teams. In 9 years they are 111-14, have won 11 League Championships, 7 CIF Southern Championships and 1 State Title in 2008. The team they beat for the State Championship was De La Salle 21-16. Centennial is ranked #1 in CA while being ranked #4 Nationally.

Centennial has 123 man roster. They are a true dual treat team. Passing they are over 4,000 yard and rushing they are over 4,000 yards, they have scored 100+ td's. They have 1,200 tackles, 31 sacks and 17 ints.

Centennial averages 50 points a game, but give up close to 27 points. Centennial's key players are Jr. QB Robert Weber who is 209/330 3,544 yards 34 td's and 4 ints. Two excellent RB's in Jr. Tre Watson (148 carries 1,390 yards 21 td's) and Sr. Austin Renken (146 carries 1,064 yards 18 td's). Also two excellent receivers in Chas Krivashei (71 receptions 1,064 yards 9 td's) and Barry Ware (37 receptions 863 yards 10 td's)

Last night they beat the #4 ranked CA team Narbonne 41-34. It should be a much better game than the Folsom game, but as I said you can't bet against De La Salle.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

I have to say this has been one of the weakest seasons that I've seen for Florida football. I watched Booker T. Washington Class 4A (13-1) beat Bolles HS 35-7 last night at the Citrus Bowl. It was nice to see a public school defeat a private school.

Washington is one of the few true "dual threat" teams in FL. Both the passing game and rushing game yardage wise are equal. Both are around 3,000 yards, with the passing game producing 36 touchdowns and the rushing game producing 49 td's. Washington has 19 interceptions, but the one statistic that did stick out was team sacks, 54.
Sayville Parent

Sayville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

HSPlayer wrote:
<quoted text>You my friend are wrong. What would the outcome have been? The coach was asked at half time about that player and he said he does not have time to worry about that. Sounded more to me like he was not to happy about it. What was the injury? You can say what you like but I believe that player went in talking tough was not tough at all.
I was standing next to the father on the fence. Sirico wanted to go back in. The team doctor said no. The Uncle of the the player went to look at the player's ankle. The coach then made a very selfless decision. If you watch the telecast the kid had to be pulled off the field by the coaches twice. Once it was mentioned by the commentators and the second it was not. As to your quote, if the coach did say that "he does not have time to worry about that", he probobly knew he had to regroup his team. Hey, it sucks that the kids lost....but they did. Lawrence won. Makes me sick but enough is enough...let's put this to bed.
Hedley Lamar

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Pat-Med 88 wrote:
Nassau Conference I
Freeport 36
East Meadow 31
Conference II
Garden City 24
Wantagh 12
Conference III
Lawrence 35
Plainedge 28
Roosvelt 24
East Rockaway 17
Haley 7
United States )

You see it CAN be done !!!
HSPlayer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Sayville Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I was standing next to the father on the fence. Sirico wanted to go back in. The team doctor said no. The Uncle of the the player went to look at the player's ankle. The coach then made a very selfless decision. If you watch the telecast the kid had to be pulled off the field by the coaches twice. Once it was mentioned by the commentators and the second it was not. As to your quote, if the coach did say that "he does not have time to worry about that", he probobly knew he had to regroup his team. Hey, it sucks that the kids lost....but they did. Lawrence won. Makes me sick but enough is enough...let's put this to bed.
It was fun watching two great and equally matched teams play a close game. I think both defenses surprised both teams. It was fun to watch. I would love to see both teams clash again in the near future. My hats off to two great programs.I hear both programs take big hits with the loss of many starting seniors.
Bean

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Conf I Fan wrote:
Ok guys lets get some predicitions on the Thorp, Martone, Piner (LB), Jets Receiver Award, Snyder (QB) and who do you think is a lock for 1st team All LI? Obviously Casali and the Sachem North Lineman are 1st team winning the Hansen and lineman award in Suffolk. With all due respect I have to change the subject from the Lawrence-Sayville banter. Lets move on guys.
Eddie Robinson for Jets receiver award, Capobianco Snyder.
HSPlayer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Bean wrote:
<quoted text>
Eddie Robinson for Jets receiver award, Capobianco Snyder.
Thrope??
HSPlayer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

What about the Thorp??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••