Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
Finepoint

Far Rockaway, NY

#4704 Nov 30, 2012
Yeah your school history means nothing right?
Alumni

North Bergen, NJ

#4705 Nov 30, 2012
LIC Champs wrote:
For the longest I read u guys post Lawrence has never been hit or wait until they get hit. Look what happened when your guys actually got hit!! No I am not wishing bad on anyone but just saying. Also someone wrote Sayville are the champs until somebody knocks them off...(Pluck)!!!! Lawrence just did!!! How does that big piece of humble pie taste???
Lawrence players and coaches get all the credit in the world. They never gave up and hit like men. With that being said, the ref crew shoul be arrested. Robbery in the 1st degree. I felt like I was a the bellport/south side game from 1996
Lawrence Forever

United States

#4706 Dec 1, 2012
This whole thing is insane!!! If sayville would of laid hits on Joey Cap, Tyler Fredericks or Eddie Robinson and they left the game the talk would be how they couldn't take it!! But since it is the other way around we didn't earn this win........smh. The second string QB came in and was doing a fine job passing on us I must say. You Sayville fans were okay with that jumping all over the place, coaches all out on the field slapping him bigging him up. Haggart was still running the ball at that time. Then he got hit on a tackle. Now your saying we would of never won. WTF!! I just don't get you people these are CHILDREN they played hard and came back and won. Give them some credit and stop your whinning. For the gentlemen who said Sayville or Lawrence would lose by 20 playing that M-W...get a life!!! Lol. If Sayville or Lawrence would of laid some hits on that tall skinny QB u would be on here crying like the rest of these NAY SAYERS!! Give it a rest Lawrence rallied back and won..........it is what is a W!!! Congrats to Lawrence Coaches and the boys. Job well done. Congrats to coach Hoss on such a competitive evening (why throw the ball on 29 yrd line instead of going for a field gold I will never know). You have a very good sqaud and we look forward to seeing you guys next year.
Lawrence Forever

United States

#4707 Dec 1, 2012
*goal
ChiefFan1

Tuckahoe, NY

#4708 Dec 1, 2012
any predictions for conference 1 seedings for next year?
LIfan

Lindenhurst, NY

#4709 Dec 1, 2012
Mike Quick wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he is the Guru of High School Football. Since I've been following him he's done better than anyone at Newsday or MSG Varsity.
Prdiction won/loss record in 2010:
Suffolk 167-53
Nassau 175-36
Total:
342-89
Prediction won/loss record in 2011:
Suffolk 145-40
Nassau 152-33
Total:
297-73
Prediction won/loss record so far in 2012:
Suffolk 130-29
Nassau 12043
Total:
250-72
I don't see anything from you...
hmmm...sounds like you might be posting about yourself...not many would keep track of someone else like that...to tell you the truth, if its not you its kind of creepy.
LIfan

Lindenhurst, NY

#4710 Dec 1, 2012
Lawrence Forever wrote:
This whole thing is insane!!! If sayville would of laid hits on Joey Cap, Tyler Fredericks or Eddie Robinson and they left the game the talk would be how they couldn't take it!! But since it is the other way around we didn't earn this win........smh. The second string QB came in and was doing a fine job passing on us I must say. You Sayville fans were okay with that jumping all over the place, coaches all out on the field slapping him bigging him up. Haggart was still running the ball at that time. Then he got hit on a tackle. Now your saying we would of never won. WTF!! I just don't get you people these are CHILDREN they played hard and came back and won. Give them some credit and stop your whinning. For the gentlemen who said Sayville or Lawrence would lose by 20 playing that M-W...get a life!!! Lol. If Sayville or Lawrence would of laid some hits on that tall skinny QB u would be on here crying like the rest of these NAY SAYERS!! Give it a rest Lawrence rallied back and won..........it is what is a W!!! Congrats to Lawrence Coaches and the boys. Job well done. Congrats to coach Hoss on such a competitive evening (why throw the ball on 29 yrd line instead of going for a field gold I will never know). You have a very good sqaud and we look forward to seeing you guys next year.
agree about the field goal but Hoss has won more than I ever will so who am I to question him! My gut tells me if Lawrence lost their qb in the second quarter and T. Fredericks in the 4th this game wouldn't have been close. Clearly if Sayvilles qb didn't go down they would have had to score more than 21. I'm hoping I didn't see Franger getting a pat on the back from a teammate when Sirico went down...sure looked that way...watch as they are walking off the field.
LIfan

Lindenhurst, NY

#4711 Dec 1, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
You guys fail to see a trend here.
Lawrence comes into big games and beats teams with long winning streaks, ala Bellport and Sayville, in "street fight" type of games.
Lawrence makes other teams and their fans cry.
So dont give any Bull$#%t about not being able to hit or take a hit.
jeez, and I remember East Islip beating the snot out of you guys.
Lawrence Forever

United States

#4712 Dec 1, 2012
Everyone has to lose one time or another. That is the way of the world. EI was a beast that year!! Lol. Their damn QB was the TRUTH!!! Props to him.
MR Lawrence

Valley Stream, NY

#4713 Dec 1, 2012
Look..Lawrence won. They took all the hits, and obviously dished quite a few of them out too. They came from behind and never gave up. Lawrence has the most wins of every Long Island team in its history, and has won an LIC in three different Conferences.

Everything I said came to fruition...Sayville was going to come and get knocked on their asses, and go back home with their egos bruised. In that prior post, I was going to say some body bruises too, but I didnt want anyone on Sayville to get hurt.

Lawrence football spirit has always been toughness, and you obviously saw their mental and physical toughness in that game. Just like the Bellport game in 2006, they ended a long win streak of a good team.

All these game "pundits" on this board, never mentioned this qualitative aspect to the Lawrence team, so their prognostications dont mean dogsquat.

When I mentioned all of this, all you did was attack me personally, which is fine...I dont care. But my predictions did come true, and teams will think again when you play a Lawrence team.

Sayville is a decent team that is very well coached, as I have said all along. But when they play a team like Lawrence, they are not coming out of the game the way they went in.

And to all you "commentators" who said Lawrence cant take hits, wel,. Cap went down a bunch of times, and bounced back up. I didnt see any other Lawrence players go down in a tough, well fought game.

All of the above are facts, and all you people should stop deluding yourself and look at facts before you make nonsensical comments or attacks on Lawrence teams.

Go Tornadoes! The LIC Conference 3 Champs! Congratulations to Sayville for winning the Suffolk County Championship...We'll meet again dont know where, dont know when....
MR Lawrence

Valley Stream, NY

#4714 Dec 1, 2012
HSFB FAN wrote:
Lawrence won one championship playing with the big boys. That was one in how many years? Be thankful you are where you are and get some help for that small school complex you have.
It was in about 6 years, since that how many years they played in Conference 1 when there was an LIC. So one in 6 years is a 17% ratio. Not bad..perhaps it would have been better over the years, had they stayed in Conference 1.

Lawrence has seemed to do well in other Conferences too, no?

Lawrence also won the County Final against Farmingdale in 1982.

Facts, man....stay with facts, not delusions.
Da Fan

Hartsdale, NY

#4715 Dec 1, 2012
HSFB FAN wrote:
Question for the Suffolk guys out there. If Sayville played Floyd who would win and give me a score prediction. Very curious what you guys think. Thanks
I would love to see that game played but because this is Long Island its never going to happen. The only thing I can go on was a game scrimmage both teams played the end of August. It was played like a game with refs. Both teams starters played the entire first half of the scrimmage. Floyd was bigger and much faster. Floyd moved the ball at will. They scored everytime they had the ball and shut out Sayvilles starters 4 scores to 0 in the first half. This was also without Floyd playing Chris Faison yet. Sayville did have some size and good skill postion players but the difference in my opinion is depth. Besides Otanto when a Floyd player goes down they dont miss a beat. Its next man up for Floyd and I don't think most public schools on Long Island can say that. The sad thing is we will never know.
An Old Sailor

AOL

#4716 Dec 1, 2012
Congratulations Lawrence. I figured that they were our best chance of winning one of the LIC.
They have a great group of talented athletes and an excellent coaching staff.
MR Lawrence

Valley Stream, NY

#4717 Dec 1, 2012
LIfan wrote:
<quoted text>jeez, and I remember East Islip beating the snot out of you guys.
<Yawn>..no, <YAWN>
An Old Sailor

AOL

#4718 Dec 1, 2012
ChiefFan1 wrote:
any predictions for conference 1 seedings for next year?
I just happened to be talking to Steve Carroll of Baldwin yesterday about that. He said Massapequa would probably be the logical top seed. What do you think?
Da Fan

Hartsdale, NY

#4719 Dec 1, 2012
I never gave you a score prediction. If I had to guess it would be a high scoring game. I am pretty confident in saying Sayville would not be able to stop Floyds offense. They would get their points but the score would be in the 42-21 range. Maybe it would be a little closer. The only thing that hurts Floyd is quick slants and their own stupid mistakes. Misdirection run plays also gives Floyd fits. If Sayville was able to hit a lot of quick passes over the middle and to the side lines and Floyd makes a lot of stupid mistakes (penalties and stupid turnovers) then Sayville could make it close and maybe win.
Lifan

Westport, CT

#4720 Dec 1, 2012
Hoss found himself in a very unfamiliar situation
Down by a point 3rd and long late in the game, he looked like a deer in the headlights trying to figure out what to call. Most coaches have had to make those calls before, Mr Hoss hasn't had to make that call in a long time.
MR Lawrence

Valley Stream, NY

#4721 Dec 1, 2012
How about some props to Lawrence's QB Joey Cap?

He was under alot of pressure all night, yet through some incredibly precise passes to all corners of the field. He took hits, bounced back up, and did it again.

I think his toughness, both mental and physical represent what Lawrence Football is about.
Lawrence Forever

United States

#4722 Dec 1, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
How about some props to Lawrence's QB Joey Cap?
He was under alot of pressure all night, yet through some incredibly precise passes to all corners of the field. He took hits, bounced back up, and did it again.
I think his toughness, both mental and physical represent what Lawrence Football is about.
You are so correct!! Joey sure did take some hits!! What a tough kid.
Def

Brooklyn, NY

#4723 Dec 1, 2012
That was the first time Lawrence got challenged if Sayville doesn't throw that pick who knows game might have ended 20 14 who would have thought the super offense that scored 60 a game at will would be shut down. Now mr Lawrence you could admit Suffolk 3 schools whb mp kp hunt all better then any team in conf 3. No matter what nassua people say today you all are counting your blessings that sirico got hurt we both know that game is played 10 times Sayville wins 9 of them. Just really bad luck and I feel for the seniors for Sayville to go out like that. Great season boys we all know who the BETTER team is. Law had 29 rushing yards? And capo had below 40 percent passing Sara forgets to add sacks as pass attempts. Bottom line Lawrence was out matched both teams at full strength you cannot deny that!
Not to mention they got out coacged and didnt know what to do nassua teams need to break that pass rush down and take the blueprint how to stop lawrence next year. With that congrats to Lawrence LIC champs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 min Princess Hey 15,471
Time to go? (Jun '15) 6 min barefoot2626 11,995
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 7 min Princess Hey 14,680
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 12 min the don 329,787
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min litesong 60,155
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr Bloody Bill Anderson 11,008
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 hr Todd geisss is a ... 40,264

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages