Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
TechBall

United States

#4091 Nov 20, 2012
Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text> i think they have 2 ivino there center and boos the older of the two brothers I think they do start two sophomore on o- line but there very good.. They have to play well for sayville to beat Lawrence for sure Lawrence has 22 seniors on a 35 man and 8 of 11 def and off guys (seniors )start on there team .
I heard those sophmores are very good. The thing that I ike about Lawrence's lineman is they are more physical thaen last year. It will be a very physical game. Sayville wil have to keep scoring to win because they will have their hands full with Lawrence's 0. I watched some of their games where they were stopped quite a few times. It cannot happen with Lawrence they must score.
Da Fan

Hartsdale, NY

#4092 Nov 20, 2012
Suffolk1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep its true. Not sure if he's out of school or supposedly appealing cause from what I here he shares the locker. Either way you know Longo is kicking him off the team. Longo kicked a player off the team last year for attending basket tryouts after practice. Sounds like Deshawn Morton is moving to D tackle for some plays AJ(hands down the top defensive player on team) and Cotter will play linebacker which probably made the defense better. Either way though Walsh is good Floyd is stacked with good D lineman.
Thats ashame especially if it was not his. Hard lesson to be learned. If it was his without question kicking him off the team is the right thing to do. I agree Floyd should be ok. Their best defensive player has not played defense all year so maybe its time he plays both sides. At most only two games left so its all hands on deck.
Da Fan

Hartsdale, NY

#4093 Nov 20, 2012
Suffolk1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep its true. Not sure if he's out of school or supposedly appealing cause from what I here he shares the locker. Either way you know Longo is kicking him off the team. Longo kicked a player off the team last year for attending basket tryouts after practice. Sounds like Deshawn Morton is moving to D tackle for some plays AJ(hands down the top defensive player on team) and Cotter will play linebacker which probably made the defense better. Either way though Walsh is good Floyd is stacked with good D lineman.
The bigger issue is who plays center? The quarterback-center exchange looks easier than it is.
F Fan

Yorktown Heights, NY

#4094 Nov 20, 2012
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't believe this. Can someone confirm if this is true?
Walsh was arrested on Monday at school on a marijuana charge! To answer another question- Floyd is the home team on Sunday. It will be intersting to see what changes Longo makes. Maybe Morton to nose guard and Otranto to linebacker? Terrible timing with having to face Casali on Sunday! We'll see how it plays out.
da fan

Cedar Knolls, NJ

#4096 Nov 20, 2012
F Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Walsh was arrested on Monday at school on a marijuana charge! To answer another question- Floyd is the home team on Sunday. It will be intersting to see what changes Longo makes. Maybe Morton to nose guard and Otranto to linebacker? Terrible timing with having to face Casali on Sunday! We'll see how it plays out.
Who plays center?
Suffolk1

Bridgeport, CT

#4097 Nov 20, 2012
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The bigger issue is who plays center? The quarterback-center exchange looks easier than it is.
I think Renddino and Sommers are the Centers. I think Walsh played there earlier in the year while Renddino was hurt. I don't believe anyone plays both ways on the line for Floyd anymore as a matter of fact when they stopped Sachem North at the 1 last friday night 7 different players rotated in on D line for Floyd and they only use a 3 man front. Either way the plan is, like the 1st game, to hang on to Casali till help comes with the tackle. The kid, Casali is the best football player on Long Island this year.
Fb fan

Brooklyn, NY

#4098 Nov 20, 2012
eastendfan wrote:
I am pretty sure Sayville still has to play Westhampton. Look what happened to Miller Place when you over look an opponent.
very true wing t a butch to stop..
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4099 Nov 20, 2012
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't believe this. Can someone confirm if this is true?
I didn't hear about that, I was talking with Tom Combs(Chairman Section XI) yesterday and he didn't mention anything about any player being suspended from any of the playoff games.
da fan

Cedar Knolls, NJ

#4100 Nov 20, 2012
Actually does walsh play center? Now for some reason i think its someone else? Regardless what ashame.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4101 Nov 20, 2012
F Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure hope this isn't true, was it in Newsday?
Suffolk1

Bridgeport, CT

#4102 Nov 20, 2012
da fan wrote:
Actually does walsh play center? Now for some reason i think its someone else? Regardless what ashame.
No. 3 posts back could be some reason.
Suffolk1

Bridgeport, CT

#4103 Nov 20, 2012
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure hope this isn't true, was it in Newsday?
It's true.
Freeport in the house

Brooklyn, NY

#4104 Nov 20, 2012
Sayville Flash wrote:
<quoted text>
Philadelphia Eagles also called a dream team? How has that worked out? Becareful what you wish for? I think Sayville will now what they are up against and coach Hoss will have them ready!
I love that everyone is picking against Sayville, give me the underdog role all day long! Lawrence has not been tested all year, trust me they will be that day against Sayville. Sayville has been to this game 3 years in a row and will respond with some differn't looks that Lawrence has not seen. If this game becomes a shootout again Lawrence has the edge but I think defense will have to be a factor in this game if Sayville wants to win. should be a great game for the Island's best two teams!!!!
what you said is true the sayville coach is very good. Lawrence coaching is good also. These are the 2 best teams on LI this year no doubt about it, people may argue that but maybe Floyd/Babylon have a say. Being from Freeport i will root for Lawrence and this is the game of the year. Good luck to both teams if no upsets happen this weekend. Saw Lawrence against VSS Capobianco & Robinson are really something special and they have a ton of talent. I am sure Haggart, Sirico,Belcher and company are real good also. Can't wait for the game.
Suffolk1

Bridgeport, CT

#4105 Nov 20, 2012
www.sectionxi.org (NETPLAY) look at the seeding under the header brackets, football from the menu.
Freeport in the house

Brooklyn, NY

#4106 Nov 20, 2012
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say these are the two best teams on Long Island? Neither of them have played anyone decent. If Lawrence or Sayville beat teams from other divisions and from out of state then maybe you can call them the best on Long Island. I will agree they are both good but there is no way you can say they are the best considering they both played cup cake schedules.
my opinion i watched Lawrence you should also. Go watch them and then tell me who is better on LI, Floyd, Sayville, Babylon maybe. No one in Nassau for sure.
Freeport in the house

Brooklyn, NY

#4107 Nov 20, 2012
Mike Qucik wrote:
<quoted text>
Sachem East beat the #1 seed Connetquot. Floyd beat the #2 seed Sachem North.
Floyd higher seed will be home not that difficult 4 is higher than the 6
Suffolk1

Bridgeport, CT

#4108 Nov 20, 2012
suff III wrote:
So glad we do not face Floyd in a real game. They clobbered Sayville in the first half with starters in 4-0. Their defense is huge, fast and have excellent tackling skills. I will be surprised if they do not run the table in Class one this year. Hats off to Floyd an excellent team
They didn't run the table, very few teams do in Division 1. They are playing in the Suffolk County Championship for the 9th time (8-1) in the past 10 years. Win or Lose I can't recall a recent public school on Long Island with such success. Anyone?
Suffolk1

Bridgeport, CT

#4109 Nov 20, 2012
Freeport in the house wrote:
<quoted text>
Floyd higher seed will be home not that difficult 4 is higher than the 6
I agree. But Section XI changed Sachem East seed to #1. Check the site www.sectionxi.org (NETPLAY)
Freeport in the house

Brooklyn, NY

#4110 Nov 20, 2012
Suffolk1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't run the table, very few teams do in Division 1. They are playing in the Suffolk County Championship for the 9th time (8-1) in the past 10 years. Win or Lose I can't recall a recent public school on Long Island with such success. Anyone?
would love to see Floyd play Sayville/Lawrence winner. I know Floyd is awesome, have you seen Sayville or Lawrence this year.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4111 Nov 20, 2012
Suffolk1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true.
That's really a shame for Floyd, he was the third leading tackler on defense, not to mention the starting center.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 10 min Joi C 23
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 13 min FuMan Chu Yanks 330,592
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 15 min Joi C 15,795
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 21 min rainmaker2016 14,935
We VS We (Nov '09) 39 min Minister of Infor... 2,241
"Walking Dead" Starts Feb 9th (Jan '14) 53 min maggoty goodness 727
Hillary can't win 54 min Hollywood 1

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance