Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#3602 Nov 2, 2012
Nassau 3 wrote:
Instead of pushing back everything they should of gone with the top 4 teams in each conference it was brought up at meeting the other day and was quickly turned down.
You didn't actually think Section VIII or XI was going to do anything sensible did you? Ruin the lopsided victories of #1 vs #8 for what could be a highly competitive game between #1 and #4 do you? My feeling is if those games hold true to what they were before 2009, and are competitive, then no one will want the eight team playoff forum any longer. It will tax their mental capacity and try too figure out what to do with an extra game. Hmmmm
WSFF

Sayville, NY

#3603 Nov 2, 2012
Bulldog98 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if everyone here realizes how badly parts of the Lawrence school district got pounded during the storm. I know the storm affected everyone on the Island, but I heard today that there are a few kids who lost their homes.
You are 100% correct about these kids not worrying about football right now. I'm sure it's the same feeling in most districts.
No only mr Lawrence is
WSFF

Sayville, NY

#3604 Nov 2, 2012
Mike Quick wrote:
<quoted text>
No but I saw your name on there, Ms. Lawrence.
LMAO!
Suff III

Sayville, NY

#3605 Nov 2, 2012
The doing away with the quarter final games was the fastest and easiest solution. Politically correct is the only thing that matters recently. The 5 through 8 seeds did not deserve the honor of a playoff spot. It is getting worse then the 6 and 6 teams playing in college bowl games.
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#3606 Nov 2, 2012
Suff III wrote:
The doing away with the quarter final games was the fastest and easiest solution. Politically correct is the only thing that matters recently. The 5 through 8 seeds did not deserve the honor of a playoff spot. It is getting worse then the 6 and 6 teams playing in college bowl games.
You are 100% correct. What does the BCS now have 34 Bowl games? Ridiculous. The way these E.D. from both Nassau and Suffolk are going, soon they'll be ten teams in the playoffs.
Mike Quick

AOL

#3608 Nov 3, 2012
I see Section XI has their playoff schedule listed for Nov. 09 (Friday) and Nov. 10th (Saturday). I was told Section VIII will have theirs out by Monday afternoon.
Nassau 3

United States

#3609 Nov 3, 2012
Lawrence field unplayable. Maybe Hewlett or it may be at Bethpage. Field buckled in a lot of spots
SCFB

Medford, NY

#3610 Nov 3, 2012
So...Callaway57, what are the predictions? Any upsets? I won't go with scores...but here are my predictions...2 upsets in D1

D1
Connetquot over Ward Melville
Bayshore over Sachem N.
Sachem E. over Northport
Floyd over Commack

D2
WI over W.Bab
Riverhead over Whitman
EI over SmWest
N.Bab over SmEast

D3
Sayville over Amity
MP over Bellport
WHB over Comsewogue
KP over Hunt

D4
Babylon over EH
MtSinai over Glenn
SWR over StBrook
HB over Mercy
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#3611 Nov 3, 2012
SCFB wrote:
So...Callaway57, what are the predictions? Any upsets? I won't go with scores...but here are my predictions...2 upsets in D1
D1
Connetquot over Ward Melville
Bayshore over Sachem N.
Sachem E. over Northport
Floyd over Commack
D2
WI over W.Bab
Riverhead over Whitman
EI over SmWest
N.Bab over SmEast
D3
Sayville over Amity
MP over Bellport
WHB over Comsewogue
KP over Hunt
D4
Babylon over EH
MtSinai over Glenn
SWR over StBrook
HB over Mercy
Those two games you picked are good for upsets, I have them very close. My Suffolk predictions:

Division I

Connetquot 40
Ward Melville 14

Sachem North 35
Bay Shore 31

Northport 31
Sachem East 27

Floyd 31
Commack 9

Division II

West Islip 39
West Babylon 12

Riverhead 37
Whitman 12

East Islip 22
Smithtown West 20

Smithtown East 27
North Babylon 20

Division III

Sayville 40
Amityville 7

Miller Place 40
Bellport 14

Westhampton 24
Comsewogue 14

Huntington 29
Kings Park 17

Division IV

Babylon 44
East Hampton 3

Mt. Sinai 28
Glenn 13

Shoreham/WR 37
Stony Brook 12

Hampton Bays 34
Mercy 6
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#3612 Nov 3, 2012
Now I'll do Nassau:

Conference I

Farmingdale 35
Plainview (JFK) 7

Oceanside 35
Syosset 10

Baldwin 33
Uniondale 14

East Meadow 33
Massapequa 27

Conference II

Garden City 32
Bellmore (JFK) 6

MacArthur 28
Elmont 6

Wantagh 27
Mepham 13

Carey 29
Long Beach 21

Conference III

Lawrence 45
Bethpage 13

Glen Cove 27
Hewlett 21

Plainedge 25
Lynbrook 18

VSS 22
Manhasset 13

Conference IV

Seaford 34
Mineola 0

West Hempstead 36
Clarke 12

Roosevelt 37
Island Trees 10

VSN 30
Locust Valley 18
Alumni

North Bergen, NJ

#3613 Nov 3, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
At Lawrence, our tradition is just going out and playing hard nosed football against some of the best teams on Long Island, and putting guys in Division 1 football programs. Thats it, no movies, no eye black smearing on opponents names. We have had athletes at Lawrence, the likes of which Sayville will never see. We respect our adversaries, kick ass on the field, and let our opponents go home nicely, while we go celebrate. We have the most wins in LI history and have a neighborhood that is one of the most diverse you will find. We dont feel the need to film it for the world to see. If you want to come see who we are, come watch us play football.
In a kind of funny vein, we also make teams cry, especially ones with long winning streaks (see first two minutes of this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ADX-MaIOXEwXX). And Bellport allowed themselves to be filmed for that "TV Show" also. Do you notice a trend here?
Check out a link below of what I think the spirit of Lawrence Football and the town is about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
There..that is Lawrence football. Lyle was and will always be Lawrence. Tough on the outside, but the nicest guy on the inside. Lived near him growing up, his mom worked in the flower shop in town. Again, I believe this is the spirit of what Lawrence is about. Our guys dont need to go on camera to talk about it. We have spoken volumes on the field for years and years.
Look, I respect the people of Sayville. Really fine people. I like to push your buttons, only because you wear your buttons on your sleeve. But when I see you pushing around our younger guys on the field, gloating about it, and then see those questionable videos, I suppose it produces a touch of nausea and my protective side for our guys comes out.(continued).........
I may not have hit all the points but...I feel better having said this. A little catharsis is good.
I truly welcome your thoughts on this, I will respect your views..maybe I am not seeing things straight. And feel free to say whatever you like about Lawrence, it wont bother me one iota. I know who we are.
I hope the people of Sayville were not hit hard by the storm, and hang in there Lawrence, Inwood, Cedarhurst, Woodmere, Hewlett, and Atlantic Beach, we will be ok!!
If you dont want me to post on this board anymore, please feel free to say so...I may take that into account and go away....NAAAAAHHH..not until the season is over :)
Stop crying about last years loss to a better Sayville team. Hope for more success this year for your team instead of going back to the 1970's
or focusing on off the field traditions. Last year on the field...Sayville won! I believe that this year on the field Sayville will win again. End of story!
SCFB

Medford, NY

#3614 Nov 4, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those two games you picked are good for upsets, I have them very close. My Suffolk predictions:
Division II
East Islip 22
Smithtown West 20

Smithtown East 27
North Babylon 20

Division III
Huntington 29
Kings Park 17
I wanted to pick SmEast...but I just don't feel that they have the experience to handle N.Bab in a playoff scenario in colder weather conditions. I also am wavering on SmWest since they beat EI earlier in the season on the road. They won't be intimidated so it could be a coin-flip game.

I heard that KP had several starters out when these 2 played 2 weeks ago...I think at full strength KP wins. If players are still out then Huntington takes it again.
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#3615 Nov 4, 2012
SCFB wrote:
<quoted text>
I wanted to pick SmEast...but I just don't feel that they have the experience to handle N.Bab in a playoff scenario in colder weather conditions. I also am wavering on SmWest since they beat EI earlier in the season on the road. They won't be intimidated so it could be a coin-flip game.
I heard that KP had several starters out when these 2 played 2 weeks ago...I think at full strength KP wins. If players are still out then Huntington takes it again.
I'm just not on board with Smithtown West. I don't belive the will beat East Islip @ East Islip in the playoffs.

North Babylon just hasn't shown any big explosive offense against teams with winning records. They did come alive against Newfield, but we all know what happened to Newfield after they started 3-0, that first loss killed them. Yet #4 vs #5 seeded playoff teams have proved to be the better of the playoff games with some surprises.

Now the Kings Park vs Huntington you could be right, Humtington took it to KP two weeks ago with a 38-14 beating. Now as you posted if the players were able to heal with this two week lay off it could be a different game. Yet again you have another #4 vs #5 match up.

I know you like Sachem East(Points f/a 148-185), but Northport is hot with left handed QB Sean Gilroy. Seven game Passing stats: 69/109 1,176 yards 10 tds, Passing stats: 235 carries 1,659 yards 20 tds. Gilroy is a legit dual threat QB. If you watched to Floyd game, I noticed that the only side Gilroy would run or throw to was his left side. To me it looked as if Floyd wasn't playing him to go left. I felt bad for Floyd in the first half with three beautiful td drives called back on horrible holding calls. Floyd in the first half had 10 penalities for over 100 yards, that's just plan crazy. I'm glad Longo sent the tape to the head of Suffolk's officiating.

I don't think Steven Cassili can carry Sachem East against Northports dual threat offense.

Now as far as Sachem North, your right Bay Shore can beat them, BS offense is one of the best on the Island (Passing 86/181 1,324 yards 14 td's, Rushing 262 carries 1,611 yards 19 td's. With the loss of Trent Crossan & Tyler Andreassi, will Malik Pierre be able to replace the offense of those two players. If BS is to win they better learn how to play defense, that will determine the fate of Bay Shore in this game.
Mass1

United States

#3616 Nov 4, 2012
Alumni wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop crying about last years loss to a better Sayville team. Hope for more success this year for your team instead of going back to the 1970's
or focusing on off the field traditions. Last year on the field...Sayville won! I believe that this year on the field Sayville will win again. End of story!
Sayville will win?! LMAO
NOrthport fan

Massapequa, NY

#3617 Nov 4, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just not on board with Smithtown West. I don't belive the will beat East Islip @ East Islip in the playoffs.
North Babylon just hasn't shown any big explosive offense against teams with winning records. They did come alive against Newfield, but we all know what happened to Newfield after they started 3-0, that first loss killed them. Yet #4 vs #5 seeded playoff teams have proved to be the better of the playoff games with some surprises.
Now the Kings Park vs Huntington you could be right, Humtington took it to KP two weeks ago with a 38-14 beating. Now as you posted if the players were able to heal with this two week lay off it could be a different game. Yet again you have another #4 vs #5 match up.
I know you like Sachem East(Points f/a 148-185), but Northport is hot with left handed QB Sean Gilroy. Seven game Passing stats: 69/109 1,176 yards 10 tds, Passing stats: 235 carries 1,659 yards 20 tds. Gilroy is a legit dual threat QB. If you watched to Floyd game, I noticed that the only side Gilroy would run or throw to was his left side. To me it looked as if Floyd wasn't playing him to go left. I felt bad for Floyd in the first half with three beautiful td drives called back on horrible holding calls. Floyd in the first half had 10 penalities for over 100 yards, that's just plan crazy. I'm glad Longo sent the tape to the head of Suffolk's officiating.
I don't think Steven Cassili can carry Sachem East against Northports dual threat offense.
Now as far as Sachem North, your right Bay Shore can beat them, BS offense is one of the best on the Island (Passing 86/181 1,324 yards 14 td's, Rushing 262 carries 1,611 yards 19 td's. With the loss of Trent Crossan & Tyler Andreassi, will Malik Pierre be able to replace the offense of those two players. If BS is to win they better learn how to play defense, that will determine the fate of Bay Shore in this game.
I was at the northport Floyd all those penalties were legit calls. There could have been ten more penalties against Floyd. They were holding so much that they ripped the starting D ends jersey. NPT a scary team right now and on a big roll. Not the same team that lost to sachem east on the first game of the season.
SCFB

Medford, NY

#3618 Nov 4, 2012
Northport is playing well...but IF Casalli gets his mojo on, Northport will have their hands full. He is a legitmate Hanson candidate as there is no other player that can single-handedly carry a team & influence a game from both sides of the ball like he can/does. AND...I'm not taking anything away from John Haggart, as they are the clear-cut players for this award. Casalli has no support but no-one lifts the abilities of his team more than his presence on Sachem East.
Mike Qucik

AOL

#3619 Nov 4, 2012
NOrthport fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was at the northport Floyd all those penalties were legit calls. There could have been ten more penalties against Floyd. They were holding so much that they ripped the starting D ends jersey. NPT a scary team right now and on a big roll. Not the same team that lost to sachem east on the first game of the season.
Interesting how never ever in the history of Floyd have they ever had so many penalities in one game, never mind it was in a single half. This is why the tape is now with the head of officiating of Suffolk.

Against Sachem East Northport gave up 444 yards and 6 td's and against Pat-Med the gave up 478 yards and 6 td's. The difference was both SE and P-M played Gilroy as a player that could only run and pass to his left.
SCFB

Medford, NY

#3620 Nov 4, 2012
Perhaps it was a poor day of execution by Floyd combined with a good day by Northport...and not some officiating conspiracy. Sending videos to the head of officiating does nothing but start rumors. Odds are that they won't see that crew again this season. Bad calls exist or correct calls are often not made when they should be...it usually evens out so call it what it was, a legitimate loss by Floyd. Northport beat them, end of story.
Suff III

Sayville, NY

#3621 Nov 5, 2012
...I'm not taking anything away from John Haggart, as they are the clear-cut players for this award. Casalli has no support but no-one lifts the abilities of his team more than his presence on Sachem East.

I agree Casalli is a great ball player. Haggart has been limited in his offensive stats, because so many games are blowouts and limit his playing time. Ask any team that has played Sayville or watched a game how great he is on defense.(Miller Place). He also has been outstanding for 3 years on both sides of the ball. The most outstanding highlight game was in his Soph. year in the Suff. Co, finals against Islip. He single handedly took over the game in overtime to give Sayville a huge upset win. Also coming in first in the NIKE combine out of over 900 kids says quite alot about the quality athlete he is.

A good argument can be made for either kid, they are both special players.
SCFB

Medford, NY

#3622 Nov 5, 2012
I agree that Hagart deserves equal considertion & recognition for the award. His stats aren't the issue...his consistent impact on his team's success is not the issue. Unfortunately they don't take into account NIKE scores & Sophomore moments...its about the productivity as a SR player. It is film vs. film, stats vs. stats during the 2012 season. He will be fine because in playoffs Hoss won't pull him out and he an run up stats on Amity & Hunt...(yes, I'm waivering on my KP pick a little). BUT if Casalli helps SE make a run, even without winning a SCC it is a done deal. Too much hype on him by the sports writers/MSG guys who are the real decison makers. It's Pelligrino all over again...you don't have to win a championship to be honored as the best player

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Earthling-1 60,028
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 35 min Brian_G 311,325
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 14,596
George Will leaves Republican Party 2 hr EL TRUMPO 3
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr Forrest 15,380
News Occupy Wall Street rises up for Sanders 5 hr woodtick57 35
FREXIT is next, France to leave the EU 5 hr Expert 1
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 5 hr Met Mad Hatter 40,131
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 hr Mike Lupica 329,662
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages