Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
Nassau 3

East Rockaway, NY

#3528 Oct 29, 2012
Looks like garden city will drop to conf 111 next year.population has them very close right now. With carle place Wheatley dropping to conf 1V
Lawrence Forever

Far Rockaway, NY

#3529 Oct 29, 2012
Nassau 3 wrote:
Looks like garden city will drop to conf 111 next year.population has them very close right now. With carle place Wheatley dropping to conf 1V
What!!! That is very interesting. Good news
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#3530 Oct 29, 2012
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this... Split each Conference into 2 divisions of 6 teams and then have top two teams in each division in playoffs.
You know, all the major professional sports have expanded the playoffs. Had the Cardinals beaten the Giants last week, you would have had the last Wild Card team in the World Series. That doesn't seem fair either. We have had Wild Card teams win the Super Bowl,#8 seeds in the NHL and NBA Finals. I know you don't like it Callaway, but this seems to be the trend in sports, including Long Island High School Football. It really isn't a big deal.
We had split Divisions in Suffolk during the 1980's and it worked extremely well. We had League I and II in each Division.

You are comparing apples and oranges when you bring up any professional sport and trying to compare them to Long Island H.S. Football. To try and compare #8 Bellmore JFK to the NY Giants is ludicrous. The pro's are drafted from the Collegiate football pool, which are the best players in the country and are then paid tens of millions of dollars a year. So I would expect some of the lower seeded pro teams to win. High School teams play for the love of the game.

No I don't like it and it has proved to be nothing more than playing an extra game for the top four seeded teams. I would rather see some non-league/cross over games instead of #8 Bellmore JFK playing #1 Farmingdale.
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#3531 Oct 29, 2012
raiders wrote:
<quoted text>
JV went undefeated this year they have some realtalent and speed
With the new coaching staff now in place, I believe the program will start to grow. You will now see a lot of athlete's that sat on the sideline and didn't want to play for Sconone or Carpluck, will now come out and play football.
SCFB

Medford, NY

#3532 Oct 29, 2012
While I agree Callaway that crossovers with non-Divisional/Conference oppenents would be great...it won't matter unless they extend the season to start earlier. If those games are not put into the front of the schedule then schools are less interested in playing a meaningless game Week #7 or #8. I agree that going back to Leagues within Conferences would be the best set-up. League champs automatically qualify then next top 2 or 4 based on power points. Problem is that you'll never get Nassau to go with this as they started the whole 8-team playoff system and won't go away from it.
raiders

Randolph, NJ

#3533 Oct 29, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
With the new coaching staff now in place, I believe the program will start to grow. You will now see a lot of athlete's that sat on the sideline and didn't want to play for Sconone or Carpluck, will now come out and play football.
Scinone coached jv did help of a job
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#3535 Oct 29, 2012
raiders wrote:
<quoted text>
Scinone coached jv did help of a job
If I was Combs I would've moved him to South Ocean.
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#3536 Oct 29, 2012
SCFB wrote:
While I agree Callaway that crossovers with non-Divisional/Conference oppenents would be great...it won't matter unless they extend the season to start earlier. If those games are not put into the front of the schedule then schools are less interested in playing a meaningless game Week #7 or #8. I agree that going back to Leagues within Conferences would be the best set-up. League champs automatically qualify then next top 2 or 4 based on power points. Problem is that you'll never get Nassau to go with this as they started the whole 8-team playoff system and won't go away from it.
Wouldn't have to extend the season, do away with the eight team playoff and play three cross over games in the beginning of the season. Instead of playing 8 Conference/Division games you now play 6 games. The three cross over games would count in your overall record, but not in your Conference/Division standings. So in essence you could have Conference I Farmingdale play three cross over games with three teams from Suffolk Division I, II, or III, i.e. Commack, West Islip, and Miller Place.

Nassau Section VIII has a new A.E. in Nina Van Erk who is very open to new ideas. Not sure if you know she was Executive Director of NYSPHSAA for 12 years, she also was an Administrator, teacher and coach for Section I(Southern Westchester)for thirty five years. A.E. Van Erk has stated that she is in favor of putting in bids to host State Championships in Nassau County. She also attended High School in Nassau County. Maybe with Ms. Van Erk Long Island football could change.
Freeport in the house

Elmont, NY

#3537 Oct 29, 2012
Suff III wrote:
where did all those Freeport fans go???? Pasting team with huge blow outs... running it up on weaker teams, smiling and having fun at other expense.... what goes around comes around. Funny that nobody put 60 up on them. I guess their fans are in hibernation with the Bellport fans. I hope they learn something about not running scores up...
Hey i am right here. So Freeport had a bad year and all schools go through it at one time or another. I have plenty of pride for my school and it's awesome football program! Will put us up with the best in Nassau of all time including the likes of Bethpage, Garden City, Farmingdale, Lawrence whoever. Not proud of any 60 point blow outs at any time for any school, sometimes it just happens kids have to play cant say don't try?
Mike Quick

AOL

#3539 Oct 30, 2012
Just hope all you fellow posters faired alright through this terrible storm. I just watched what happened in Long Beach and the East End of LI.
skywalker

Israel

#3540 Oct 30, 2012
"Mike Quick" Just hope all you fellow posters faired alright through this terrible storm. I just watched what happened in Long Beach and the East End of LI.

Yes hope everyone is safe. forget the football.
F Fan

Yorktown Heights, NY

#3541 Oct 30, 2012
Heard the playoffs are being pushed back one week. Anyone have confirmation of that?
SCFB

Coram, NY

#3542 Oct 30, 2012
No confirmation on that but they are at least looking at moving Fri. & Sat. games to a Sunday/Monday schedule depending on the re-opening of schools. They should just push it back a week...safest & simplest thing to do.
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#3544 Oct 30, 2012
I hope all you posters made it through Hurricane Sandy with minimal damage. Up here in Westchester we also got hit hard. The NYS Sectionals are all screwed up so I can only imagine what LI is going to be like. My guess they'll have to push them back a week. Still need to have a certain amount of practices and you need 4 days rest between games.
SuffIii

Lake Grove, NY

#3545 Oct 31, 2012
I doubt they will push them back. I think the L I C dates will not be changed.
MR Lawrence

New York, NY

#3547 Oct 31, 2012
Suff III wrote:
Bigtool is back to stir the pot...
Yes, I think you are right, Mr Lawrence and a few of the posters answering him are all bigtool in disguise. He has decided to come back and troll again under a new name, problem is it is the same game.
Come on..do you really equate my writing to Big Tool's?? I would like to think I have a few more IQ points than the Tool. I actually happen to love Big Tool..he has some funny observations. He just has his own way of expressing himself.

I have plenty of more observations about lots of things..I just didnt think people were interested, so I stopped posting on the board.

I saw that "TV show" on Say it aint So-Ville football. Whoa daddy! There is some great fodder for parody from that one.
Bubba

United States

#3549 Oct 31, 2012
According to Newsday, county officials are deciding tomorrow about whether or not to push playoff schedule back a week
Bellringer

United States

#3551 Nov 1, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on..do you really equate my writing to Big Tool's?? I would like to think I have a few more IQ points than the Tool. I actually happen to love Big Tool..he has some funny observations. He just has his own way of expressing himself.
I have plenty of more observations about lots of things..I just didnt think people were interested, so I stopped posting on the board.
I saw that "TV show" on Say it aint So-Ville football. Whoa daddy! There is some great fodder for parody from that one.
Your posts are funny interesting and so true. Keep up the great comments and let the haters keep on hating. That's just their opinion.
PnG

West Sayville, NY

#3553 Nov 1, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
Even as I proud Sayvillian I also got a laugh from this show. How many ways are there to mispronounce breakfasts?
MR Lawrence

United States

#3554 Nov 1, 2012
PnG wrote:
<quoted text>
Even as I proud Sayvillian I also got a laugh from this show. How many ways are there to mispronounce breakfasts?
I want to report Sayville football to the health authorities. The kids wiping their eye black on a shirt one sfter another??? That is a huge health risk!! Lets send pink eye all over the place. Maybe they should change the tradition to wiping their asses with the shirt, starting with the captain going first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 17 min Doug77 14,648
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Patriot AKA Bozo 60,102
If you have no borders, you have no country 28 min Nonlib 2
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 32 min Nonlib 10,978
Turkey airport - does Hillary STILL want more i... 1 hr No Hillary No 1
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr SweLL GirL 15,438
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 40,224
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 5 hr the don 329,730
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages