Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#311453 Jun 21, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Was specifically referring to veterans that were/are the difference between this & last season...
BTW Koji is having a great season as the closer...
Sox got what about of a third of their salary commitment coming thru to next year and have how many rookies playing up in a weak weak year for not only the ALE but the AL in general?

If this is a layup and chip to the cup year well.. gotta say I love watching the kids play and know what they give in salary relief.

My only problem with the Sox this year is giving a 2 year contract to Mujica.

Now watch the morons in here focus on his numbers for the rest of the contract. Even though the dogs of a contact they dished to Beltran AND McFatCann are worse.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#311455 Jun 22, 2014
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie? What lie? Another of your 'Cowgill lies" no doubt. You crap on and on and on about something that you call a lie that you lie to prove.
Never saw you post on Holt saw you rip the Sox leadoff though...
Can't really remember anything you posted on XB other than in spring training, then of course.. you lie and tell the forum I lurk and read every post when clearly I don't because from day one there has always been issues with posts I didn't read (SEE COWGILL LIE AGAIN)
Hard to call JBJr a failed rookie, I posted his RISP numbers--- you ignored them of course--- I posted on the similarity between him and Austin Jacksons rookie numbers I posted --you ignored that too...why?
Doesn't cop to your obsession on Bradley to fail.
Remember you're obsession on Reddick to fail as well? Naw guess you missed that as well.
As you post: "you still like the word obsession, its obvious you cannot see your obsession with me...the need to reply, to search out posts.."
I don't reply most days when you talk about me do I? Because you post about me everyday don't you? I have opened a few random pages and BOOM there it is: you posting about me even though I haven't posted. Take your pick any random number and you'll see you doing it.
Search out posts? Only you do that. No one else cares. Because you are the only obsessed one.

bottom line, as you read your own bs

2012 all over again, sox wont contend, its happening as predicted...enjoy!
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#311456 Jun 22, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>I agree for the most part CC greatness is in the past....but CC's knees and carrying that big load is why he fell apart sooner than later is what I've been saying.........you keep going around that......
Haven't gone around anything because there's no direct proof that Sabathia's weight has anything to do with his loss of velocity. Start with 2010 & look @ his average FB velocity has steadily declined...

The arm has only so many bullets. Once they're used, there's no turning the clock back...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#311457 Jun 22, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
bottom line, as you read your own bs
2012 all over again, sox wont contend, its happening as predicted...enjoy!
BOS is a very bad team at the moment the moment and don't see them getting better..... Even if the division is weak they may remain in 4th place....

The lost was expected yesterday and I said before this series started 2 out if 3 is to be expected..... Hopefully Nuno has made his last stat and we have only won of his last 8 starts..... The guy is worst than homerun Hughes.....

Nuno pitching almost as bad as CC was before he went on the DL.... Looks like his replacement wlll be CC.... Anyone expecting much from a guy with degenerative knees and having to learn to pitch with reduced velocity?.... I rather have C.C. than Nuno at this point.....
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#311458 Jun 22, 2014
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Well of course it was a power play move by Lucchino to get rid of Theo, both leveraged the boss and one walked away with Valentine and one was pushed out of his home town dream job because he didn't get the top job. Coupled by horrendous injuries the team lost the plot and the knives came out. History.
Can't really disagree with your appraisal of the Sox but can add some tags as Napoli's injury hits Ortiz's average and Pedy well he's getting fragile forearms and hands and batting out of his spot. Disagree with Peavy he hasn't had ANY run support. Nava? Explain that one to me. Think like JBJr too much pressure to perform. Dubront is the Sox version of Ivan Nova, always on the cusp but never gets there, too much attitude. Lester doesn't pitch well to AJ Peirz... he's back on track pitching to Ross...
Trade? Well... OF plate production is costly... Peavy is on the block no doubt not for his own faults but his contract is up and Workman De La Rosa are nipping at his heels..and Renaudo and Webster are nipping at theirs...
Sox got Will Medi-brooks working out in the OF and Mookie Betts taking reps there as well. Sox twice called up Cheech so 3rd base is overstocked Maybe Moss Murphy and Reddick going down the trade route drained the system. Kalish has had flashes with the Cubs but damn shame that kid won't get there in a Sox uniform or probably any other.
Mentioned Lucchino because you initially posted about Valentine...

Peavy hasn't been given run support. He's also given up 3 or more ER's in each start since May 1 in all but 2 games. He needs to be keeping BOS in games. That's 1 of the reasons he was brought in...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl....

Nava was a part time player until last season with ordinary offensive #'s. Could've been 1 of those seasons for him...

JBJ may have maxed out his talents @ AAA. Might be the case that he's a 4A player when it's all said & done. If pressure is the reason he's not performing, then he's not going to last in BOS with the media scrutiny that exists in NE. Wouldn't be the 1st time that's happened...

Ross has caught the same # of rough starts for Lester as AJ...

BOS hasn't had their prospects peform consistently since the mid 2000's when Papelbon, Pedroia, Ellsbury & Lester came through. No telling if the current prospects you mentioned will perform close to those 4 along with the expectations that come with playing in BOS...

BTW, didn't you post once upon a time that lineup protection is a myth?...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#311459 Jun 22, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Remember CC had the meniscus tear injury....that along with carrying around 300 pounds will take some MPH off of your fast ball.....lets just hope CC can regain most of his form...that is if his knee can ever be near 100% again....that's the key to it all.....not saying he'll reach 97-98 again but 94-95 would be nice.......losing some more weight will help also......
At this stage in his career and with his performances dating back thru his 13 losses last year, CC has become a #4 or #5 pitcher at best..... One of the reasons to be happy about his return is that Nuno has been soooooo bad that he has to still be an upgrade......

I'll give him a chance and hope for the best with him because hes been a workhorse in the rotation for his entire contract up until now.... Even 2013, while not pretty, was valuable with another season of 200+ innings thrown.....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#311460 Jun 22, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Peavy hasn't been given run support. He's also given up 3 or more ER's in each start since May 1 in all but 2 games. He needs to be keeping BOS in games. That's 1 of the reasons he was brought in...
Nava was a part time player until last season with ordinary offensive #'s. Could've been 1 of those seasons for him...
JBJ may have maxed out his talents @ AAA. Might be the case that he's a 4A player when it's all said & done. If pressure is the reason he's not performing, then he's not going to last in BOS with the media scrutiny that exists in NE. Wouldn't be the 1st time that's happened...
BOS hasn't had their prospects peform consistently since the mid 2000's when Papelbon, Pedroia, Ellsbury & Lester came through. No telling if the current prospects you mentioned will perform close to those 4 along with the expectations that come with playing in BOS...
Any chance BOS can get someone to take Peavy as their fifth starter, even if they have to eat a bit of the contract?..... It makes no sense to send Rubby to Pawtucket when hes pitching better than most of what they have at the moment........

When Buccholz returns on a very limited leash, they should keep Workman in the rotation.... That would mean bumping Doubront to long relief in place of Capuano.... Buccholz has been injured and inconsistent so they better keep a close eye on him.....

Offensively 6 players lineup hitting under .250 and 8 under .300.... That's not going to get it done this seaso.... Last season they were able to catch lightning in a bottle with a couple of players, but this season not so much......

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#311461 Jun 22, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>

pretty good with the facts...but trust me, he will have a way of twisting what you wrote...i point out the same things with bradley and he twists it due to me not liking the guy...what i am tired of is the hype of rookies and that success in the majors is a given if highly ranked..we are all guilty of it at times if a guy comes up from the minors and performs for a few games...bradley, never has hit, period. and pointing out de la rosa is funny as he came from the dodgers, he is from their farm system...

bottom line, not many sox rookies have really done well. i like holt and bogarts, but too early to tell..
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#311462 Jun 22, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Any chance BOS can get someone to take Peavy as their fifth starter, even if they have to eat a bit of the contract?..... It makes no sense to send Rubby to Pawtucket when hes pitching better than most of what they have at the moment........

When Buchholz returns on a very limited leash, they should keep Workman in the rotation.... That would mean bumping Doubront to long relief in place of Capuano.... Buchholz has been injured and inconsistent so they better keep a close eye on him.....

Offensively 6 players lineup hitting under .250 and 8 under .300.... That's not going to get it done this season.... Last season they were able to catch lightning in a bottle with a couple of players, but this season not so much......
Has to be the right home field for Peavy to be moved. He pitched in pitchers parks for most of his career. Not sure BOS is going to get much in return...

The rehab starts in the minors will determine how Buchholz will be used. Workman has been pitching well but it's a small sample...

The offense hasn't been there for BOS this season. Last season may have been just 1 of those season. Too early to tell though. The AL is 1 huge clusterfuck with 8 teams within 1 game of being in the post season as of today...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#311463 Jun 22, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Any chance BOS can get someone to take Peavy as their fifth starter, even if they have to eat a bit of the contract?..... It makes no sense to send Rubby to Pawtucket when hes pitching better than most of what they have at the moment........
When Buccholz returns on a very limited leash, they should keep Workman in the rotation.... That would mean bumping Doubront to long relief in place of Capuano.... Buccholz has been injured and inconsistent so they better keep a close eye on him.....
Offensively 6 players lineup hitting under .250 and 8 under .300.... That's not going to get it done this seaso.... Last season they were able to catch lightning in a bottle with a couple of players, but this season not so much......

very true on the sox ills, which seem IN GENERAL....However. lets not overlook yankee not hitting either. 1 run scored yesterday means even tanaka loses or gets a no decision pending the outcome of the pen...too many good starts have been wasted with the yanks getting 1 or 2 runs...dead bats, means no shot.

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#311464 Jun 22, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
pretty good with the facts...but trust me, he will have a way of twisting what you wrote...i point out the same things with bradley and he twists it due to me not liking the guy...what i am tired of is the hype of rookies and that success in the majors is a given if highly ranked..we are all guilty of it at times if a guy comes up from the minors and performs for a few games...bradley, never has hit, period. and pointing out de la rosa is funny as he came from the dodgers, he is from their farm system...
bottom line, not many sox rookies have really done well. i like holt and bogarts, but too early to tell..
JBJ is just not a good player, Bogarts is. Sox will have to spend this offseason if the want to be competitive in 2015. they should start with Lester.

June 22 and the Sox are 7 games under 500.

Whats to talk about Sanchez catching woes? Thats how bad it is for the trolls.

Washington, DC

#311465 Jun 22, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Has to be the right home field for Peavy to be moved. He pitched in pitchers parks for most of his career. Not sure BOS is going to get much in return...
The rehab starts in the minors will determine how Buchholz will be used. Workman has been pitching well but it's a small sample...
The offense hasn't been there for BOS this season. Last season may have been just 1 of those season. Too early to tell though. The AL is 1 huge clusterfuck with 8 teams within 1 game of being in the post season as of today...
Thats true about a lot of teams within reach of the playoffs but that does not include the Red Sox. What does it say about the Sox when the Yanks could skip Nuno's turn this week but they will start him instead vs the Sox? To me it says the Sox are irrelevant no matter over matched Nuno is now at the MLB level

Washington, DC

#311466 Jun 22, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
Buccholz returns is good news for the Red Sox? Guys the 2015 Ollie Perez.

Workman intriques me, he has some grit but minus him and Lester young and old the Sox are bums now and need to spend big in the FA market to be relevent. Doubt the Sox will go crazy however as John Henry's owned Boston Globe is bleeding $$$$

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#311467 Jun 22, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
JBJ is just not a good player, Bogarts is. Sox will have to spend this offseason if the want to be competitive in 2015. they should start with Lester.
June 22 and the Sox are 7 games under 500.
Whats to talk about Sanchez catching woes? Thats how bad it is for the trolls.

JBJ cannot hit mlb pitching and it drives him nuts...he brings up risp...yeah, well, do you see him batting 5th? hell no

as for bogarts who i like and said positive things about, toss in holt who i have said is good also and praised him for the miracle catch when gomes was clueless...not to mention he is one of the few soxies hitting..i have holt on one of my fantasy teams...so far he is holding up well

sanchez?? but, what about Jr murphy, silence on him and other top rookies playing well...

the taunters never learn.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#311468 Jun 22, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats true about a lot of teams within reach of the playoffs but that does not include the Red Sox. What does it say about the Sox when the Yanks could skip Nuno's turn this week but they will start him instead vs the Sox? To me it says the Sox are irrelevant no matter over matched Nuno is now at the MLB level
Today, BOS is 5 games out of the postseason with over a half a season to play...

Anything can happen...

Washington, DC

#311469 Jun 22, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Today, BOS is 5 games out of the postseason with over a half a season to play...
Anything can happen...
Tru anything can happen. Sox are 6 games out by the way. Of all the teams in the AL they are ahead on only.

Thats pretty bad, come back to me when they are 500

Washington, DC

#311470 Jun 22, 2014
Sox 7 games under 500 and ahead of only Houston and Tampa.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/standings/wildca...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#311471 Jun 22, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
True anything can happen. Sox are 6 games out by the way. Of all the teams in the AL they are ahead on only.

Thats pretty bad, come back to me when they are 500
Typo...

Washington, DC

#311472 Jun 22, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
JBJ cannot hit mlb pitching and it drives him nuts...he brings up risp...yeah, well, do you see him batting 5th? hell no
as for bogarts who i like and said positive things about, toss in holt who i have said is good also and praised him for the miracle catch when gomes was clueless...not to mention he is one of the few soxies hitting..i have holt on one of my fantasy teams...so far he is holding up well
sanchez?? but, what about Jr murphy, silence on him and other top rookies playing well...
the taunters never learn.
Bogarts in a slump now, 4 for his last 43. Personally I don't get the dopey Sox as Bogart translates batting/power wise as above average SS but middle of the road hitting 3rd baseman. while he is Gold Glove SS he is an error machine at 3B.

I don't get it.

Washington, DC

#311473 Jun 22, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Typo...
NP...I make at least one a post myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 54 min weaponX 315,310
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 17,062
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr Princess Hey 18,391
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 1 hr Rattlesnake Pete 4,622
News Broadway Utica Announces Love Never Dies 2 hr Duh Mayuh 2
BOY SCOUTS to be New " TRUMP YOUTH " ! 3 hr NEMO ex-RINO 2
News End is nigh for Watchtower sign: Iconic placard... 3 hr Frindly 43

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages